SCOTUS: Kavanaugh Nomination Hearings, September 4 2018

pipistrelle

Re: SCOTUS: Kavanaugh Nomination Hearings, September 4 2018

Post by pipistrelle »

It’s also a sign of their Trumpian insecurity that they want to double down on support for their partisan justice.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Judiciary.senate.gov - Press Release
November 03, 2018
Senate Judiciary Committee Releases Summary of Investigation from Supreme Court Confirmation

414-Page Report Concludes No Evidence to Support Allegations Against Justice Kavanaugh

WASHINGTON – Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is releasing a summary report on the committee majority’s investigation of misconduct allegations presented during the confirmation process of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

“The revelation of last minute allegations tested the committee in many ways. But these investigative efforts rose to the occasion and were critical to helping us obtain the truth. This was a serious and thorough investigation that left no stone unturned in our pursuit of the facts,” Grassley said. “In the end, there was no credible evidence to support the allegations against the nominee.”

The summary report and its exhibits amount to 414 pages. Committee investigators spoke with 45 individuals and took 25 written statements relating to the various allegations made in the course of the Supreme Court confirmation process. In neither the committee’s investigation nor in the supplemental background investigation conducted by the FBI was there any evidence to substantiate or corroborate any of the allegations.

The full text of the summary report can be found HERE.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Does this include all his obvious lying and lack of judicial temperament?

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

It's 414 pages of "Bros before Hoes."
ImageImageImage x4

Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

More fallout from the failed smear campaign:
She further confessed to Committee investigators that (1) she “just wanted to get attention”; (2) “it was a tactic”; and (3) “that was just a ploy.” She told Committee investigators that she had called Congress multiple times during the Kavanaugh hearing process – including prior to the time Dr. Ford’s allegations surfaced – to oppose his nomination.
https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/me ... osures.pdf
“Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.”
Walter Lippmann

SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

With all due respect, Judge Roy Bean, you singularily refuse to address the principal accusation against Kavanaugh.
You similarly fail utterly to deal with lying under oath, something I would have thought disqualified him.
This was not his first occasion in which he perjured himself.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:45 pm
She further confessed to Committee investigators that (1) she “just wanted to get attention”; (2) “it was a tactic”; and (3) “that was just a ploy.” She told Committee investigators that she had called Congress multiple times during the Kavanaugh hearing process – including prior to the time Dr. Ford’s allegations surfaced – to oppose his nomination.
Smear campaign? Kavanaugh actually lying under oath aside are you suggesting that Judy Munro-Leighton telling a lie delegitimizes the truth told by others? Dr. Ford took and passed a lie detector test, republicans ignored that. They also refused to interview Kavanaugh’s roommate at the time and multiple others who knew him and were willing to testify about what they personally knew about his behavior and character. Republicans were not interested in the truth and the only one who was “smeared” was Dr. Ford.

Birfers are toast

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:45 pm
Oh my - one out of many accusations did not hold up. Think of all those the Commitee did not even investigate, nor questioned willing witnesses.

bob

Post by bob »

NPR: Federal Panel Of Judges Dismisses All 83 Ethics Complaints Against Brett Kavanaugh:
A specially appointed federal panel of judges has dismissed all 83 ethics complaints brought against Justice Brett Kavanaugh regarding his conduct at his confirmation hearings.

The judges concluded that while the complaints "are serious," there is no existing authority that allows lower court judges to investigate or discipline Supreme Court justices.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Well, there should be! :x
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Oh,please dont'let Trump get to appoint another SCOTUS judge... Ginsgurg had cancer related lung surgery... Crap.
The Mercury Project

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:00 pm
Well, there should be! :x
Unreal that there isn’t.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Danraft wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:46 pm
Oh,please dont'let Trump get to appoint another SCOTUS judge... Ginsgurg had cancer related lung surgery... Crap.
RBG will hang in there with every fiber of her being, but if she doesn't make it to 2020, that would absolutely be the final definitive sign for me that there is no God, there is no Karma, we're all on our own, and basically good fucking luck... :cantlook:
Birfers are toast

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

A criminal president appointing SCOTUS justices.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Zoe Tillman

Verified account

@ZoeTillman
10m10 minutes ago
More
NEW: Progressive groups aren't done with Justice Brett Kavanaugh — in a letter to House committees on Thursday, 26 orgs are urged investigations into the sexual misconduct allegations and the Republican response, access to Bush White House docs, and more https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zo ... -kavanaugh
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

bob

Post by bob »

Mikedunford wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:32 am
listeme wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:54 am
1: Honestly, I don't think there's a need to rush him through before that case. I think Gamble is probably going to win his case, and I think there are more than five votes in favor. I wouldn't be shocked if the final vote in Gamble is 8-2.
I would be shocked if it were 8-2.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Yeah. Maths are hard. Especially before sufficient coffee.

7-2, with Alito and Thomas dissenting.
Gamble lost; SCOTUS' ruling was authored by Alito, with the C.J., Thomas, Breyer, Sotomayor, Kagan, and ... Kavanaugh concurring; Thomas separately concurred. RGB and Gorsuch dissented.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

Yeah, that one didn't work out well.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Someone posted this the other day on Twitter. It may be one of those things where you see what you want to see. On one hand his wife could be uncomfortable in the public eye. On the other, his pushing her out of the way, the back pounding, and the way the girls look at her to see what to do are interesting.

Apologies if posted before.

Lani

Post by Lani »

:shock:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Lani wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:54 am
It’s disturbing at best.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I've never seen a dude manhandle a woman (let alone their own wife) like that when they know cameras are rolling. Well, except maybe on episodes of COPS or Jerry Springer.

Yet also not surprised.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Return to “Brett Kavanaugh - Nomination for Supreme Court”