Polls: 2020 Already

Addie

Polls: 2020 Already

Post by Addie » Tue May 16, 2017 3:59 pm

The Hill
Poll: Biden is top Dem in 2020 matchup with Trump

Former Vice President Joe Biden fares best among Democrats in a hypothetical matchup against President Trump in 2020, according to a survey from the liberal-leaning Public Policy Polling out Tuesday.

Biden edges Trump by 14 points in a head-to-head race, 54 percent to 40 percent, but he's far from being the only Democrat with an edge on the president heading into the next election.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) also fared strongly against Trump in the poll, leading him 52 percent to 39 percent.

Three other Democratic lawmakers in the poll also led Trump: Sens. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.), Al Franken (Minn.) and Cory Booker (N.J.). Warren led Trump 49 percent to 39 percent, while Franken scored 46 percent versus 38 percent for Trump. Booker, a freshman senator, scored 46 percent support versus 39 percent for Trump.
Democracy is a garden that has to be tended. -Barack Obama

ZekeB

Re: Polls: 2020 Already

Post by ZekeB » Tue May 16, 2017 5:10 pm

Trump won't be running in 2020. His feeble mind will be completely gone. If he does run he won't get to second base in the primaries.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

wavey davey

Post by wavey davey » Tue May 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Oh for God's sake. 2020 polls already?!?!?!?!

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Wed May 17, 2017 4:04 am

wavey davey wrote:Oh for God's sake. 2020 polls already?!?!?!?!
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed May 17, 2017 8:21 am

Mikedunford wrote:
wavey davey wrote:Oh for God's sake. 2020 polls already?!?!?!?!
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: Helen Keller supported women’s suffrage and was a co-founder of the American Civil Liberties Union.

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:28 pm

The Hill
Poll: Trump trails Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris, Booker in matchups

President Trump trails former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and three Democratic senators in a new poll from a Democratic firm testing possible 2020 matchups.

The survey of registered voters, conducted by Public Policy Polling, found Trump trailing by wide margins against Sanders — 52 percent to 39 percent — and Biden — 54 percent to 39 percent.

The poll also found Trump losing in hypothetical matchups against Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), although by smaller margins.

Trump trails Warren by 7 points, 42 percent to 49 percent; Booker by 5 points, 40 percent to 45 percent; and Harris by 1 point, 40 percent to 41 percent.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:13 pm

Addie wrote:The Hill
Poll: Trump trails Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris, Booker in matchups

President Trump trails former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and three Democratic senators in a new poll from a Democratic firm testing possible 2020 matchups.

The survey of registered voters, conducted by Public Policy Polling, found Trump trailing by wide margins against Sanders — 52 percent to 39 percent — and Biden — 54 percent to 39 percent.

The poll also found Trump losing in hypothetical matchups against Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), although by smaller margins.

Trump trails Warren by 7 points, 42 percent to 49 percent; Booker by 5 points, 40 percent to 45 percent; and Harris by 1 point, 40 percent to 41 percent.
I really like Harris. A lot.
Goldie, one of our Chinese Cresteds, models her zombie hunter costume for the party.
ImageImageImage x4

bob

Post by bob » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:I really like Harris. A lot.
Observer: Clinton Donors Have Picked Their 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominee:
The wealthy are lining up and rallying behind Sen. Kamala Harris
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

kate520

Post by kate520 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:03 am

ZekeB wrote:Trump won't be running in 2020. His feeble mind will be completely gone. If he does run he won't get to second base in the primaries.
He's already raising money for 2020, which he'll funnel into his family's foundations. That's all he cares about. He won't run, but he'll fundraise. :roll: Asshole.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:12 am

Harris would be my choice as well.

At this point though I'm an Anyone But Bernie guy. The Bros will attempt to sabotage anyone but one of their own, and will scream about anyone but their lord and saviour getting the nod, so they should be told to sod off now and avoid the rush. They have done way too much damage as it is, and all they will do is tear the Democratic Party apart. They aren't worth it.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

qbawl

Post by qbawl » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:10 am

Suranis wrote:Harris would be my choice as well.

At this point though I'm an Anyone But Bernie guy. :snippity: :snippity:
Myself I am a "no one older than 72 on inauguration day guy" . Ageist you say? Perhaps though I don't see it that way, and for clarity sake I would add that my age would disqualify me with years to spare.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 am

Ya, I'm with you on that.

(Looks at the Pope)

APART FROM HIM! ;)

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:20 am

Business Insider
Trump's first confirmed 2020 Democratic challenger is tied with him in a new poll ...

The poll, released by left-leaning Public Policy Polling on Wednesday, showed Trump with 38% support, tied with Rep. John Delaney, a three-term congressman from Maryland who has announced his intention to run for president in 2020. Twenty-four percent of respondents said they were unsure whom they would vote for in such a matchup. ...

Three years out, the poll isn't particularly predictive of 2020: Delaney is by any standard a long-shot candidate who will likely face a packed Democratic primary field of more recognizable Democratic challengers. ...

Still, the willingness of survey respondents to support a candidate that many likely did not know shows the depth of animosity toward Trump, as well as the willingness by many voters to support any candidate who is not the president.

Delaney is an interesting first candidate to announce any 2020 plans — he's a millionaire pro-business, tough-on-crime former banker who has campaigned on reforming entitlements and raising capital gains taxes. He says he craves bipartisanship compromise, even at the expense of achieving progressive goals.
He makes a good point here. The party needs to get out ahead of this stuff:
"I think we're having entirely the wrong conversation," Delaney told Business Insider in an interview earlier this month. "If you go outside federal politics and outside the beltway, if you will, and talk to people about what's really going on in the world about how technology, automation, and global connections are fundamentally changing work, jobs, risk, resources allocation, etc. There's almost no conversation about that at the federal government."

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:27 am

qbawl wrote:
Suranis wrote:Harris would be my choice as well.

At this point though I'm an Anyone But Bernie guy. :snippity: :snippity:
Myself I am a "no one older than 72 on inauguration day guy" . Ageist you say? Perhaps though I don't see it that way, and for clarity sake I would add that my age would disqualify me with years to spare.
I feel the same way, and guilty that it sounds age-ist, but I do think there's a peak age to be president and late 60s and beyond is not it.
Edit: 44 was a good age.

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:58 am

New York Mag
First New Hampshire Poll for 2020 Shows Trump Looking Vulnerable

Yes, it’s incredibly early to be taking polls for the 2020 presidential contest. But on the other hand, there are places like Iowa and New Hampshire where presidential politics is pretty much a constant preoccupation. So it’s worth taking a quick look at the University of New Hampshire’s Granite State poll, the first to examine the standing of potential candidates in the first-in-the-nation primary.

Among Democrats, what jumps off the page is that there does not at the moment appear to be a deep yearning for fresh faces. Bernie Sanders runs first at 31 percent and Joe Biden runs second at 24 percent. In other words, over half of New Hampshire Democrats currently favor a presidential candidate who would seek to become the first to celebrate an 80th birthday in the White House. Even though she represents a state whose media markets extend well into New Hampshire, Elizabeth Warren is running a relatively poor third at 13 percent. Perhaps, at 68, she’s just a bit too young.

Nine other potential Democratic candidates are named, and they register a collective 17 percent of the vote (Cory Booker leads the pack with 6 percent).

Among Republicans, no potential challenger to Donald Trump is tested, but interestingly enough, only 47 percent say they “plan” to vote for the president in the 2020 primary, with 23 percent saying they’d prefer another candidate and 30 percent being unsure. The same survey at the same point in Barack Obama’s presidency showed 64 percent of Democrats planning to vote for the incumbent, 5 percent expressing support for a different nominee, and 30 percent unsure.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:36 am

New York Daily News
Just one-third of Americans say they would vote for President Trump in 2020 election

Only one-third of Americans would vote for President Trump if he runs for reelection in 2020, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Wednesday.

A scant 18% of people surveyed said they would “definitely” support Trump if he runs in 2020. Another 18% said they would “probably” vote for him, while 38% said they would vote for someone else.

While 2020 is still a small dot on the political horizon, and it’s unclear who will emerge as the democratic nominee or if Trump will face a primary challenge, a full 38% of respondents says they will be voting for someone other than Trump. ...

The NBC/WSJ poll also found that one-third of Americans say that the country is better off than it was when Trump assumed office, while 45% believe it is in worse shape than a year ago.

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:19 pm

The Hill
Poll: Biden holds double-digit lead over field of 2020 Dem presidential contenders

Former Vice President Joe Biden has a double-digit lead over the next closest contender in a new poll of potential 2020 Democratic presidential candidates.

According to the latest data from Harvard CAPS/Harris Poll, provided exclusively to The Hill, Biden has 27 percent among Democrats.

The next closest candidate is Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) at 16 percent, followed by 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and media mogul Oprah Winfrey, each at 13 percent.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) is the only other candidate to pull double-digit support at 10 percent. Rounding out the field are Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), with 4 percent support each. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) gets 2 percent support and New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand is at 1 percent.

“Biden is now emerging as a very early front-runner — he beats handily even the celebrity candidates that have been floated,” said Harvard CAPS/Harris Poll co-director Mark Penn.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:26 pm

Gillibrand-Booker?

I love Joe. Joe's too old. He needs to let the next generation of pols take over.

Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:53 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:26 pm
Gillibrand-Booker?
A New York-New Jersey ticket? Too geographically narrow.

How about Kamala Harris- Doug Jones? Or Harris- Sherrod Brown?
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Dr. Caligari wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:53 pm
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:26 pm
Gillibrand-Booker?
A New York-New Jersey ticket? Too geographically narrow.

How about Kamala Harris- Doug Jones? Or Harris- Sherrod Brown?
Anything with Kamala Harris is a good idea. I like Harris/Jones.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: Helen Keller supported women’s suffrage and was a co-founder of the American Civil Liberties Union.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:59 pm

I'm with Stern. I love Uncle Joe but we need new blood. I'm pulling for Kamala Harris.
Goldie, one of our Chinese Cresteds, models her zombie hunter costume for the party.
ImageImageImage x4

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:03 pm

Joe needs to pick - and throw all his weight behind - someone. After the midterm.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:26 pm

Are there any good, younger-ish candidates in purple or red states who could fill one or both roles. Political stars, of course. All of the suggestions, including mine, involve pols from blue states or old Joe.

stoppingby

Post by stoppingby » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:04 pm

Forgive me if this has been discussed in another thread, but I am assuming someone in the Republican party is likely to try to primary the Orange one. I'm thinking Rubio seems likely, only because he has, on very rare occasions, put some daylight between him and Trump. (but not enough daylight to prevent the base from voting for him.) Does anyone else think he's going to be primaried? and if yes, by whom?

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:17 pm

If Cruz is still in the Senate he will definitely do it. I wouldn't put it past Lindsay Graham to take a stab at it, though he would have to reveal if he has a gay partner or not. Romney will be trotting about on his White Horse, with prophecy in his eyes. Carly Florina will definitely throw Demon Sheep filled with money at it again. Hell I wouldnt put it past the whole list of morons we had the last time to take another stab at Trump's diapers.

Return to “Elections 2020”