New & Upcoming Books - Trump Administration

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Re: New & Upcoming Books - Trump Administration

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:33 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:31 pm
I don’t think of Pence as highbrow. At all.
:thumbs:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:44 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:17 pm
The highbrow references to Teddy Roosevelt and Cicero will do a lot to reinforce suspicion that the killer is Vice President Pence in the Billiard Room with the lead pipe.

However, my money is still on Kellyanne Conway. Pence wants to run for something at the end of this. He can't afford to have Republican voters dislike him. Kellyanne and George Conway don't give a fuck about popularity - they're just in it for the dollars.
Agree, but the excerpts read like George wrote it. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been running this where Kellyanne reports the daily insanity to George, he writes it down, and then synthesizes it into an article or in this case, a book.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:45 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:31 pm
I don’t think of Pence as highbrow. At all.
He thinks of himself that way, though.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:24 pm

https://www.wonkette.com/anonymous-says ... 3.amp.html
Anonymous' Says Trump More Bugf*cking Dumbstupid Than You Ever Knew, But You Knew That Already

Today's the day! Excerpts are starting to leak out from the new book A Warning, written by the same author who wrote that New York Times article about how they are a secret ninja spaceman fairy princess dinosaur rock climber who also happens to be a Republican in the White House who's working to thwart Donald Trump's agenda. That's right, ANONYMOUSLYANNE CONWAY is back! Or ANONYMUCKABEE SANDERS! Or whoever it is. (We are not sure at this point if it is a current or former White House official. It could be Anonymous Spice, as seen on TV's "Dancing With The Stars"!)

Here's a lovely metaphor from the book, as excerpted by the Washington Post: Donald Trump as president is "like a twelve-year-old in an air traffic control tower, pushing the buttons of government indiscriminately, indifferent to the planes skidding across the runway and the flights frantically diverting away from the airport." Golly, that sounds bad!

Also he is not only too stupid for big words in briefings, or being focused on one point, sometimes he is also bad at pictures. Yes, the pop-up president sometimes lacks the ability to look at pictures very goodly, which means he's gonna need to stop bragging about how he can correctly identify which one is "camel" like yesterday, dude.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:59 pm

There’s no way it’s Huckabee.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:19 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:59 pm
There’s no way it’s Huckabee.
Agreed. KellyAnne a possible--and if so, she is even more of a shit than I thought.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:30 pm

Kirstjen Nielsen gets my vote.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:38 pm

Addie wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:30 pm
I'm going with Kellyanne Conway, simply because she can relate the information to George (who hasn't signed any kind of NDA) who not only loathes Trump, but can string words together in a coherent fashion, while she retains plausible deniability.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:17 pm

Azastan wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:38 pm
Addie wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:30 pm
I'm going with Kellyanne Conway, simply because she can relate the information to George (who hasn't signed any kind of NDA) who not only loathes Trump, but can string words together in a coherent fashion, while she retains plausible deniability.
:thumbs:

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:35 pm

I'm going with Bill Ayers, who wrote both of Obama's books. :mrgreen:

:lol:
I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:45 am

Mother Jones
John Bolton Just Signed a Multi-Million Dollar Book Deal

One way or another, Trump’s former national security adviser is going to tell his story.

It remains unclear if House Democrats will be able to get Donald Trump’s former national security adviser John Bolton to testify in their impeachment inquiry. Bolton has said that if a judge rules he can ignore a White House order to keep quiet, he would appear before Congress. But the Associated Press reported on Saturday that Bolton has signed a multi-million dollar book deal. Even if Trump can keep his mustachioed former aide out of the witness seat, it looks like he’s going to join a long list of former White House advisers to tell the inside story.

According to the AP, Bolton got a $2 million advance from Simon & Schuster, and while it’s not clear what he will say in the book, the price tag suggests it will be a pretty juicy story.

Bolton once would have been an unlikely candidate to be either the Democrat’s potential star witness or the author of a Trump tell-all. For years, he has had a reputation as one of the most conservative and hawkish Republicans in Washington, from his work as ambassador to the United Nations under the Bush administration to serving Trump in the White House. But he and Trump clashed often over Bolton’s mistrust of Trump’s favorite dictators in Russia and North Korea. And Bolton was reportedly horrified at Trump’s attempts to force the Ukrainians to carry his political water. According to other witnesses who have testified before the Democratic impeachment inquiry, after catching wind that EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland and White House acting chief-of-staff Mick Mulvaney had discussed the plot to pressure Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky, Bolton snarled “I am not part of whatever drug deal Sondland and Mulvaney are cooking up.”

The news of Bolton’s book deal comes the day after his attorney dropped hints that his client knows a lot more about the president’s efforts in Ukraine than has previously been revealed. Bolton was scheduled to give a deposition to House Democrats on Thursday but didn’t show up. The White House has ordered former staffers to not cooperate, but Biden’s attorney has said that Bolton will testify anyway, if a judge settles the dispute between the executive and the legislative branch.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:04 pm

WaPo
Nikki Haley claims top aides tried to recruit her to 'save the country' by undermining Trump

NEW YORK — Two of President Trump’s senior advisers undermined and ignored him in what they claimed was an effort to “save the country,” former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley claims in a new memoir.

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and former White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly sought to recruit her to work around and subvert Trump, but she refused, Haley writes in a new book, “With All Due Respect,” which also describes Tillerson as “exhausting” and imperious and Kelly as suspicious of her access to Trump. “Kelly and Tillerson confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren’t being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country,” Haley wrote.

“It was their decisions, not the president’s, that were in the best interests of America, they said. The president didn’t know what he was doing,” Haley wrote of the views the two men held. Tillerson also told her that people would die if Trump was unchecked, Haley wrote.

Tillerson did not respond to a request for comment. Kelly declined to comment in detail, but said that if providing the president “with the best and most open, legal and ethical staffing advice from across the [government] so he could make an informed decision is ‘working against Trump,’ then guilty as charged.”

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Addie wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:04 pm
WaPo
Nikki Haley claims top aides tried to recruit her to 'save the country' by undermining Trump

NEW YORK — Two of President Trump’s senior advisers undermined and ignored him in what they claimed was an effort to “save the country,” former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley claims in a new memoir.

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and former White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly sought to recruit her to work around and subvert Trump, but she refused, Haley writes in a new book, “With All Due Respect,” which also describes Tillerson as “exhausting” and imperious and Kelly as suspicious of her access to Trump. “Kelly and Tillerson confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren’t being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country,” Haley wrote.

“It was their decisions, not the president’s, that were in the best interests of America, they said. The president didn’t know what he was doing,” Haley wrote of the views the two men held. Tillerson also told her that people would die if Trump was unchecked, Haley wrote.

Tillerson did not respond to a request for comment. Kelly declined to comment in detail, but said that if providing the president “with the best and most open, legal and ethical staffing advice from across the [government] so he could make an informed decision is ‘working against Trump,’ then guilty as charged.”
"I would like to be considered for that VP spot, please".

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:45 pm

Good thing no Kurds have died, Nikki.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:09 pm

Addie wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:45 am
Mother Jones
John Bolton Just Signed a Multi-Million Dollar Book Deal
Released in time for the big Christmas sales season? :pray:
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:23 pm

Did I miss this one getting a mention?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/435 ... b1K&rank=1
Investigative journalist Lee Smith uses his unprecedented access to Congressman Devin Nunes, former head of the House Intelligence Committee, to expose the deep state operation against the president--and the American people.
Investigative journalist Lee Smith's The Plot Against the President tells the story of how Congressman Devin Nunes uncovered the operation to bring down the commander-in-chief. While popular opinion holds that Russia subverted democratic processes during the 2016 elections, the real damage was done not by Moscow or any other foreign actor. Rather, this was a slow-moving coup engineered by a coterie of the American elite, the "deep state," targeting not only the president, but also the rest of the country. The plot officially began July 31, 2016 with the counterintelligence investigation that the FBI opened to probe Russian infiltration of Donald Trump's presidential campaign. But the bureau never followed any Russians. In fact, it was an operation to sabotage Trump, the candidate, then president-elect, and finally the presidency. The conspirators included political operatives, law enforcement and intelligence officials, and the press.
The plot was uncovered by Nunes, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, and his investigative team. They understood that the target of the operation wasn't just Trump, but rather the institutions that sustain our republic. A country where operatives use the intelligence and security services to protect their privileges by spying on Americans, coordinating with the press, and using extra-constitutional means to undermine an election then undo a presidency is more like the third world than the republic envisioned by the founding fathers.
Without Nunes and his team, the plot against the president -- and against the country -- never would have been revealed. Told from the perspective of Nunes and his crack investigators -- men and women who banded together to do the right thing at a crucial moment for our democracy -- the story of the biggest political scandal in a generation reads like a great detective novel, feels like a classic cowboy movie. The congressman from the cattle capital of California really did fight corruption in Washington. Devin Nunes took on the "deep state."
:twisted:

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:01 pm

Oh, dear :daydream:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:12 pm

Library has copied on order, so placed a hold. I am at a loss over all these plots to take down Trump have all failed. Just have answers.
:daydream:

??? About Nunes, why do we only see him giving interviews at the place with the farm equipment? No office in his home or congressional office to remote from???

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:41 am

Kendra wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:12 pm
Library has copied on order, so placed a hold. I am at a loss over all these plots to take down Trump have all failed. Just have answers.
It's so similar to what the birthers uncovered in their investimigations: implausible plots by a secretive cabal, schemes so intricate and so well concealed that only incredibly stupid and gullible bigots could uncover them and thwart their evil purpose.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:08 am

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:41 am
Kendra wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:12 pm
It's so similar to what the birthers uncovered in their investimigations: implausible plots by a secretive cabal, schemes so intricate and so well concealed that only incredibly stupid and gullible bigots could uncover them and thwart their evil purpose.
I know. Sometimes I just want to take a bit for the team. :bag:

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:51 am

The Guardian: Donald Trump Jr walks out of Triggered book launch after heckling – from supporters

Event at University of California is cut short amid anger at his refusal to take questions from the audience

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:55 am

Addie wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:51 am
The Guardian: Donald Trump Jr walks out of Triggered book launch after heckling – from supporters

Event at University of California is cut short amid anger at his refusal to take questions from the audience
Not crazy enough for us! Good read, amazing.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:14 am

...the story of the biggest political scandal in a generation reads like a great detective novel, feels like a classic cowboy movie. The congressman from the cattle capital of California really did fight corruption in Washington. Devin Nunes took on the "deep state.
Cowboy? Cattle capital? Come on. They're just asking for cow jokes.
cows.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImageImage x4

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:11 am

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:10 am

Hmmm. Not seeing how hiding pro-trump books in bookstores is any different than this:
Whodunit in the Library: Someone Keeps Hiding the Anti-Trump Books

COEUR d’ALENE, Idaho — From her office next to the public computer terminals, Bette Ammon finds herself peering through a window to watch patrons moving through the Coeur d’Alene library’s nonfiction stacks.

Someone has been hiding books lately — specifically, those that explore politics through a progressive lens, or criticize President Trump. They wind up misfiled in out-of-the-way corners where readers will be sure not to find them.

“I am going to continue hiding these books in the most obscure places I can find to keep this propaganda out of the hands of young minds,” the mystery book relocator wrote in a note left for Ms. Ammon, the library director, in the facility’s comment box. “Your liberal angst gives me great pleasure.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/10/us/i ... brary.html

Return to “Trump Administration”