New & Upcoming Books - Trump Administration

Addie

Re: New & Upcoming Books - Trump Administration

Post by Addie » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:43 am

The Hill
Washington Post publishing book on Trump and Russian election interference

The Washington Post is set to publish a book later this year about Russia's interference in the 2016 election, and special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation of the matter.

“The Apprentice: Trump, Russia and the Subversion of American Democracy” will be published Oct. 2 by Custom House, a publishing imprint of HarperCollins, according to The Post.

“No other book has covered the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election with greater scope and determination to get to the truth,” Custom House said in a release.

The book's main author will be Washington Post national security correspondent Greg Miller, but The Post said journalists from the paper’s national, foreign, business and local desks contributed reporting.

¡Estiveo! come home.

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:27 am

:thumbsdown:

NPR Book Review
In 'Everything Trump Touches Dies,' Few Are Spared ...

Wilson's anti-Trump criticisms are popular on Twitter, where he aggressively attacks pro-Trump accounts with his signature style of wit and insults.

Brevity is the soul of wit — and this book would have been better off left in a series of tweets.

¡Estiveo! come home.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:37 pm

From The Hill -
Omarosa secretly recorded Trump: report

Omarosa Manigault-Newman, a former aide to President Trump, secretly recorded conversations with the president while she was serving in the White House, multiple sources told the Daily Beast.

Manigault-Newman, who prior to working for the administration appeared as a contestant on Trump's reality show "The Apprentice," is coming out with a tell-all book about her experience in the White House. The book, titled "Unhinged," is set to be released on Aug. 14.

She wouldn't be the only person to have recorded her interactions with the president: Michael Cohen, Trump’s longtime personal lawyer and sometime-fixer, is known to have recorded Trump as well. One such recording was recently released and revealed Trump discussing possible payment to a former Playboy Playmate with whom he was accused of having an affair.

The Hill has reached out to the White House for comment.

Simon & Schuster, the publisher of “Unhinged,” told the Daily Beast in a statement, “Without commenting on the specific contents of UNHINGED,” the spokesperson said, “we are confident that Omarosa Manigault Newman can substantiate her highly-anticipated account of life inside the Trump White House.”
:dance: - I love it.

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:40 am

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b6d ... c91f2b/amp
Omarosa Claims Trump Repeatedly Used 'N-Word' During 'The Apprentice'

Former “Apprentice” contestant and White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman claims President Donald Trump repeatedly used “the N-word,” according to The Guardian, which obtained an advance copy of her forthcoming book Unhinged.

Newman, who left the White House last year, says that Trump used the racial slur while taping “The Apprentice” and that he was caught on camera. Trump starred on the reality TV show for years.

Rumors have for years swirled that such outtakes exist. In her book, to be released on Tuesday, Newman does not specify whether she heard Trump use the slur or whether she saw footage of him using it. She says she heard him use other racial epithets in reference to White House counselor Kellyanne Conway’s husband George, who is half-Filipino. This explains George's tweets against Trump.

The $$$$ quote:
“It had finally sunk in that the person I’d thought I’d known so well for so long was actually a racist,” she wrote, according to The Guardian. “Using the N-word was not just the way he talks but, more disturbing, it was how he thought of me and African Americans as a whole.”

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:39 pm

Stephen Colbert
‏Verified account @StephenAtHome

The Trump Presidential Library will consist entirely of tell-all books written by people who worked in the Trump White House.

7:15 PM - 9 Aug 2018

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:56 am

I am having fun reading Everything Trump Touches Dies by Rick Wilson.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dunstvangeet

Post by dunstvangeet » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:17 am

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:39 pm

Stephen Colbert
‏Verified account @StephenAtHome

The Trump Presidential Library will consist entirely of tell-all books written by people who worked in the Trump White House.

7:15 PM - 9 Aug 2018
Nah, the Trump Presidential Library will consist solely of one million copies of the Art of the Deal. Only books "written" by Trump have the quality to get the honor of getting into the Trump Presidential Library.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:21 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

From the Rick Wilson book describing the White House: Trumper Room.

vic

Post by vic » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:13 am

Kendra wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Yup! (I'm not in Ellis's courtroom, so I can say that)

For our foreign members

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:08 am

vic wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:13 am
Kendra wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Yup! (I'm not in Ellis's courtroom, so I can say that)

For our foreign members
Finished. A lot of wicked humor and snark, but it was just what I needed. Everyone got a good going over,
► Show Spoiler

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:04 am

Omarosa is on Meet the Press this morning, and they said she'll be on the Today Show tomorrow. I'm still unsure what to make of her (waiting for the book), but she did have audio tapes of Kelly firing her. Some controversy over her taping that, but LOL - look at the responses here.

Who in their right mind thinks it’s appropriate to secretly record the White House chief of staff in the Situation Room?

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:38 am

:lol:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:32 pm

I have a Kindle edition out from the library, curiousity got the best of me. If anyone is interested in reading some quotes, let me know and I'll start a thread and spam you all day with them :bag:

I'm only a few pages in and what a :liar: :liar: :liar: this is.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:39 pm

Is that Omarosa's book, Kendra? I'd appreciate not having to buy it, for sure. Thanks.

¡Estiveo! come home.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:48 pm

Addie wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:39 pm
Is that Omarosa's book, Kendra? I'd appreciate not having to buy it, for sure. Thanks.
No. Not yet anyway. I have the Gregg Jarret book at hand. Whoo boy.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Not this guy? Greg Olear, Dirty Rubles: An Introduction to Trump/Russia

So many books, I'm getting mixed up :? Which one is Gregg Jarret again? Sorry.
Kendra wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:48 pm

¡Estiveo! come home.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:15 pm

Newsweek
Donald Trump Should Be Impeached Now Because ‘The Constitution Demands It’: New Book

Congress, which has the authority to begin impeachment hearings against President Donald Trump has been reluctant to act, awaiting the results of special counsel Robert Mueller’s criminal investigation, among other things.

But in a new book, three veteran constitutional lawyers argue that the framers of the Constitution provided impeachment as a remedy in anticipation of a leader like Trump, and that he’s committed enough offenses for removal proceedings to begin immediately.

The framers of the Constitution “were obsessed with corruption,” and “to defend against this ever-present danger, they built bulwarks into the Constitution itself,” the book The Constitution Demands It: The Case for the Impeachment of Donald Trump, set for release Tuesday, says.

“President Donald Trump has been violating the Constitution since the moment he took the oath of office—and since then, the corruption, abuse of power, and abuse of public trust have only gotten worse,” the authors Ron Fein, John Bonifaz and Ben Clements write.

¡Estiveo! come home.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:17 pm

Addie wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:06 pm
Not this guy? Greg Olear, Dirty Rubles: An Introduction to Trump/Russia

So many books, I'm getting mixed up :? Which one is Gregg Jarret again? Sorry.
Kendra wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:48 pm
We need scorecards. Goodreads author profile:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1 ... gg_Jarrett
Gregg Jarrett is a New York based American news anchor, commentator and attorney. He currently serves as legal analyst and offers commentary across both Fox News Channel and FOX Business Network. He joined the Fox News Channel in November 2002, after working over ten years for local TV stations affiliated with NBC, ABC, PBS and national networks Court TV, and MSNBC.
He is so anti-Hillary anti-Comey.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:22 pm

Okay, got it. You're a peach :P

¡Estiveo! come home.

Return to “Trump Administration”