Mueller's investigation

John Thomas8

Re: Mueller's investigation of Trump

Post by John Thomas8 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:02 pm

Nothing Mueller does will matter if we don't get a congress that can be bothered to act on it. Lose the mid-terms, this will fizzle like trumps brain. 'Pubs haven't shown any inclination to cut off their gravy train.

And it will be time to find some place else to live.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:50 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:10 pm
Maybenaut wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:05 pm
Chilidog wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:39 pm
During his press conference, Rosenstein said the following

And

But the indictment itself says this

Since when has requesting and receiving stolen property not been a crime?
Rosenstein chose his words carefully. Indictments allege that certain people committed certain crimes by certain means. He’s right to say that “this indictment” doesn’t allege any US citizens committed any crimes. But the next one will.
I think the indictment indeed contains an allegation -- language (just not charging language) -- which points to an American citizen (a candidate for U.S. Congress and probably a Congressman), who committed a crime. So I don't think Rosenstein's disclaimer was very accurate.

That Congressman knows who he is. I hope he is shitting his pants. He is going to be indicted and I don't think Trump can save him. There will also be a motion to expel him from the House.
Oh, I think the statements about the indictment are perfectly accurate, the "individual" in question ISN'T mentioened there. I am hoping they are saving one single one for him with much stiffer charges.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:11 am

It would be great for the Trump spawn to be indicted as the criminals that they are, but full satisfaction awaits the jnsuctnebtl indictment? :confused: of the godfather.

Corrected, or mangled, with love,
Kate

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:14 am

TollandRCR wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:11 am
It would be great for the Trump spawn to be indicted as the criminals that they are, but full satisfaction awaits the jnsuctnebtl of the godfather.
It would be great for the Trump spawn to be indicted as the criminals that they are, but full satisfaction awaits the indictmebt of the go

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:18 am

Forget it, Tollie. :lol: Your fingers have gotten too fat!
It would be great for the Trump spawn to be indicted as the criminals that they are, but full satisfaction awaits the jnsuctnebtl indictment? :confused: of the godfather.

Corrected, or mangled, with love,
Kate

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:50 am

I haz a sad. :( I was looking forward to Rachel's take on the new indictment. But it's Ari Melber subbing. :roll:

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:15 am

So foes this qualify as a

FRIDAY SMACKDOWN?

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:17 am

Chilidog wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:15 am
So foes this qualify as a

FRIDAY SMACKDOWN?
I count it as one. Especially since it happened right before Trump is supposed to meet with Putin.

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:11 am

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:30 am

https://www.lawfareblog.com/russia-indi ... indictment

:snippity:
Before turning to what the indictment alleges, and what we can learn from it, it’s worth zooming out to an important macro point about the investigation that led to this action: This was the investigation over which the president of the United States fired James Comey as FBI director.

This is the investigation Comey confirmed on March 20, 2017, when he told Congress, “I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.”

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:59 am

Here we go...blame it on Obama.

The stories you heard about the 12 Russians yesterday took place during the Obama Administration, not the Trump Administrations. Why didn’t they do something about it, especially when it was reported that President Obama was informed by the FBI in September, before the Election?
No condemnation over a foreign government messing in our elections though.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:21 am

AndyinPA wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:33 pm
ZekeB wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:05 pm
No, what are the odds of Thump asking Putin if it’s true and Thump believing Putin’s answer?
He would believe anything Putin tells him.Putin tells him what to believe Putin knows how to work his little puppet.

AND. . .

Let's hope Friday the 13th is just as bad for the republicans as it was for the Knights Templars (if that's even true).
FIFY

Birfers are toast

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:39 am

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... world.html
Mueller’s New Indictment of the Russian Hackers Is Full of Clues About Connections to Trump World

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:39 am

“Conspirators posing as Guccifer received a request from a candidate for US congress for stolen documents”

“Rohrabacher or Nunes”?

I pick Nunes…

“Un-named org RNC or NRA”?

I pick NRA…

:popcorn:

Birfers are toast

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:55 am

MsDaisy wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:39 am
“Conspirators posing as Guccifer received a request from a candidate for US congress for stolen documents”

“Rohrabacher or Nunes”?

I pick Nunes…

I pick NRA…

I'm thinking Wikileaks.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:09 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:55 am
MsDaisy wrote:

“Rohrabacher or Nunes”?

I pick Nunes…

I pick NRA…

I'm thinking Wikileaks.
Same here. I was listening to Rosenstein's announcement on my computer at work when I first wrote that RNC or NRA. I had the volume down to where I thought I could hear it plainly enough, but I didn't want the sound to get out into the main room where people were working. Should have closed my office door so I could hear it better. :oops: What I heard sounded more like he was talking about an organization that had something to do with getting the stuff over to wikileaks. I simply misheard. After I actually read the indictment there is nothing in there about some "middle man" organization between the hackers and WikiLeaks. Looks like Julian Assange reached out to the hackers himself and asked them to send him the stuff. His indictment is next. He's obviously known all along they would get to the bottom of it and he'll be indicted for sure.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:18 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:55 am
MsDaisy wrote:

“Rohrabacher or Nunes”?

I pick Nunes…

I pick NRA…

I'm thinking Wikileaks.
Wikileaks, without a doubt. I can't see this matching anyone else:
Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 9.17.03 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Politico: Mueller reveals depth of states' election vulnerabilities
Politico: Florida Republicans play starring roles in Russia hacking indictment

¡Sterngard! come home.

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:40 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:10 pm
Maybenaut wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:05 pm
Chilidog wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:39 pm
During his press conference, Rosenstein said the following

And

But the indictment itself says this

Since when has requesting and receiving stolen property not been a crime?
Rosenstein chose his words carefully. Indictments allege that certain people committed certain crimes by certain means. He’s right to say that “this indictment” doesn’t allege any US citizens committed any crimes. But the next one will.
I think the indictment indeed contains an allegation -- language (just not charging language) -- which points to an American citizen (a candidate for U.S. Congress and probably a Congressman), who committed a crime. So I don't think Rosenstein's disclaimer was very accurate.

That Congressman knows who he is. I hope he is shitting his pants. He is going to be indicted and I don't think Trump can save him. There will also be a motion to expel him from the House.
I suspect that many Congresscritters/candidates are shitting their pants, but I don't think that there will be a republican motion to expel, at least not one that goes anywhere but the trashcan. I have a great deal of faith in the republican party -- to be as venal, vile, corrupt, racist, bigoted, misogynistic, etc. as possible.

Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

raicha

Post by raicha » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:55 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:30 am
https://www.lawfareblog.com/russia-indi ... indictment

Before turning to what the indictment alleges, and what we can learn from it, it’s worth zooming out to an important macro point about the investigation that led to this action: This was the investigation over which the president of the United States fired James Comey as FBI director.

This is the investigation Comey confirmed on March 20, 2017, when he told Congress, “I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.”
That's what has always bothered me about the title of this thread. This investigation began as, and continues to be, an investigation into Russian meddling in our 2016 presidential election. In hindsight, it has turned out to be extremely justified by the results it has yielded so far. Why has Trump insisted all this time that it is all about him? Of course, it may still be all about him but the entire course of the FBI's conduct is consistent with the stated purpose of the investigation.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:58 pm

raicha wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:55 pm
This investigation began as, and continues to be, an investigation into Russian meddling in our 2016 presidential election. In hindsight, it has turned out to be extremely justified by the results it has yielded so far. Why has Trump insisted all this time that it is all about him? Of course, it may still be all about him but the entire course of the FBI's conduct is consistent with the stated purpose of the investigation.
But by making it about him he can stoke the outrage of the reality TV audience that still thinks he's presidential.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:58 pm

raicha wrote:
That's what has always bothered me about the title of this thread.
:yeah:

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

raicha

Post by raicha » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:03 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:58 pm
raicha wrote:
This investigation began as, and continues to be, an investigation into Russian meddling in our 2016 presidential election. In hindsight, it has turned out to be extremely justified by the results it has yielded so far. Why has Trump insisted all this time that it is all about him? Of course, it may still be all about him but the entire course of the FBI's conduct is consistent with the stated purpose of the investigation.
But by making it about him he can stoke the outrage of the reality TV audience that still thinks he's presidential.
Actually, I think it is because he knows there are many dubious connections that would turn up in the investigation. Whether these connections were unwitting or not, they exist and that has him running scared.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:54 pm

I honestly think he's being blackmailed by Putin for past sexual stuff. If we ever see the bottom of the hole, that's what we're going to find. So it is, very much, an investigation of him personally, and he has more information about that than we do.

Mueller knows more about the big picture, and Mueller is investigating more than the kompromat. But Trump knows what he did, and he knows Putin has it on video, and he's scared shitless that it will be revealed. :smoking:

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Twitter has just suspended Guccifer2.0 account. (Better late than never)

Return to “Trump Administration”