Who's going to be the NEXT one under the bus?

Who is next to get the ax?

Gen. John Kelly, White House Chief of Staph Infections
6%
Stephen Miller, Senior Adviser for Bad Policy
No votes
Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, Attorney Generable
17%
Jared Kushner, Prince of the Realm
2%
Kellyanne Conway, Yappin' Fool
2%
Sarah H. Sanders, Official Lying Sack of Crap
2%
Don McGahn, Crooked Shyster for the Crook in Chief
26%
Dr. Benjamin Carson, Secretary of Sleepy Housing and Urban Destruction
No votes
Rod Rosenstein, Deputy Attorney Generable
8%
Jimmy Down the Hall
38%

Total votes: 53

pipistrelle

Re: Who's going to be the NEXT one under the bus?

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:58 am

A smart leader is confident enough to rely on others for expertise he doesn't have.

One thing about Individual-1 — he makes me feel like a stellar leader.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:46 pm

Trump is increasingly souring Jim Mattis, NYT reports. Why? In part, because Trump thinks Mattis is secretly a Democrat. He also wants Mattis to be a vocal political supporter, like Mike Pompeo, but Mattis refuses to go on Fox and praise Trump's agenda.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:27 pm

If you want to sleep well tonight, I'd suggest not reading that NYT piece until tomorrow.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:15 am

The impending dismissal of Brock Long, current head of FEMA, takes on a much more sinister aspect.
As the Federal Emergency Management Agency heads into peak hurricane season, an internal investigation has imperiled its top official, sparking a growing backlash within the agency where career officials and even some political appointees are worried there is no proven disaster manager on hand to replace him.
:snippity:

FEMA’s third in command, Daniel Kaniewski, could take over, at least on an interim basis, if Long were to leave. But his background in policy and academia ­— and his lack of hands-on emergency management experience ­— has generated concern that an internal shake-up would unsettle the agency at the worst possible time.

An official with knowledge of Long’s schedule said that while Long has traveled home often, the demands of his job have also meant large blocks of time away from his family. During one stretch from late August to early December — at the height of last year’s hurricane season — Long did not return to North Carolina once while traveling to Texas for Hurricane Harvey, to Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands for Hurricane Maria, to Florida for Hurricane Irma, and to California to assess FEMA’s response to wildfires.

Nielsen’s* alleged desire to remove Long dates back months, according to people familiar with the matter who believe the inspector general’s investigation of Long is part of Nielsen’s effort to make a change at FEMA. She and Kaniewski are close friends and onetime housemates, according to three current and former colleagues.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 449b235e57

*To refresh memories, Kirstjen Nielsen, Secretary of Homeland Security and one of the architects and implementers of the family separation policy, also famously claimed not to know that Norway was a mostly white country during her confirmation hearing. She's 100% garbage, a typical trump appointee.

Stern: Come back. My posts are becoming sloppy and ill-thought out.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:20 am

Long was on Meet the Press this morning, mostly to talk about Florence, but questions were asked about Maria and recent tweets about the death count. IMHO he didn't do well trying to back up Trump and how the numbers were off.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:29 pm

Here is Brock Long on Meet the Press about the Maria death count.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:50 pm

is there some kind of douchebag registry that Trump uses to pick his staff? Or does an underling have to go looking for them? I wonder what they use for bait.

ImageImageImage x4

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:51 pm

:roll:

He doesn't know why they did these studies? Bullshit. He's gone anyway, so he might as well just tell the truth.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:54 pm

Only the best...

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:59 pm

Heck of a job, Brockie.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:44 pm

My husbad, who works for FEMA, *loves* working for Brock Long.

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:46 pm
Trump is increasingly souring Jim Mattis, NYT reports. Why? In part, because Trump thinks Mattis is secretly a Democrat. He also wants Mattis to be a vocal political supporter, like Mike Pompeo, but Mattis refuses to go on Fox and praise Trump's agenda.
May I respectfully request that Jim Mattis be put in as a replacement for Jimmy down the hall? It seems more and more likely that his days in this maladministration are numbered.

"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:12 am

Can't do that without deleting all the votes so far. If you think it's Mattis, choose Jimmy DTH and tell us you mean Mattis. I'll reset it if he gets bounced.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

kate520

Post by kate520 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:38 pm

I kinda wanna change my vote to KellyAnne. She may be ready to bail.

She came out this morning in favor of ‘hearing her out’ on the Kavanaugh accuser, and George lit into Trump on Twitter the other day.

Or this may be strategery to make Trump look reasonable when everyone expects him to explode any.day.now. Trump and Conway use nearly identical phrasing on the subject.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:09 pm

I just took Foggy’s suggestion and voted for Jimmy down the hall while really truly meaning Jimmy Mattis. Since EGOTUS started calling him ‘moderate dog’ rather than ‘mad dog’ I feel his days are numbered. ;)

"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:37 pm

Sunrise wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:09 pm
I just took Foggy’s suggestion and voted for Jimmy down the hall while really truly meaning Jimmy Mattis. Since EGOTUS started calling him ‘moderate dog’ rather than ‘mad dog’ I feel his days are numbered. ;)
I'm going with Brock Long, FEMA guy. I would go with Mattis, but I don't see even reckless donnie firing Mattis unless there is someone waiting in the wings for the Secretary of Defense job. It takes a special kind of sado-masochistic jerk to accept any invitation from trump. How many of those are there left?

Stern: Come back. My posts are becoming sloppy and ill-thought out.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Trump does not have the courage to fire Mattis until someone like Lindsay Graham has agreed to take his place. Why Graham would lesve a safe Senate seat for that is beyond me, unless he has a boyish fascination with the military.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:03 pm

I think the foot bath of willing sacrificial fools has just about dried up. Even the stupidest of the GOP wannabes has by this point figured out the inherent danger of tying their futures and fortunes to Der Trumpenfuhrer. How many of his besties are now on their way to penury and jail? The total seems to change on a daily basis.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:11 pm

TollandRCR wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:58 pm
Trump does not have the courage to fire Mattis until someone like Lindsay Graham has agreed to take his place. Why Graham would lesve a safe Senate seat for that is beyond me, unless he has a boyish fascination with the military.
I've always thought he was leaving the Senate to get appointed a Federal Judge.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:10 am

TollandRCR wrote:
IIRC, Graham is a Colonel in the Air Force Reserve. He is a JAG. He used to be a judge appointed to the AIr Force Court of Criminal Appeals until the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces ruled that it violated the Incompatibility Clause to appoint a sitting member of congress to the Court (and caused all of the AF cases then pending to be reassigned to panels that did not include Colonel Graham).

Not saying he’d want to leave the Senate, but I’d say his experience would qualify as more than “boyish fascination.”

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:30 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:10 am
TollandRCR wrote:
IIRC, Graham is a Colonel in the Air Force Reserve. He is a JAG. He used to be a judge appointed to the AIr Force Court of Criminal Appeals until the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces ruled that it violated the Incompatibility Clause to appoint a sitting member of congress to the Court (and caused all of the AF cases then pending to be reassigned to panels that did not include Colonel Graham).

Not saying he’d want to leave the Senate, but I’d say his experience would qualify as more than “boyish fascination.”
He would also need a waiver from Congress, you have to be out of the military for 5 years and if he's still in the Reserve, that counts. Mattis had to have the same waiver.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:22 am

I still do not understand why a sitting US Senator might wish to be Secretary of Defense in a Trump administration. Particularly if that administration is not-#shortlived.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

tek

Post by tek » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:21 am

TollandRCR wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:22 am
I still do not understand why a sitting US Senator anyone with a pulse might wish to be Secretary of Defense involved in any way in a Trump administration.
FIFY :blink:

Digging the snow and the rain and the bright sunshine.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:09 am

tek wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:21 am
TollandRCR wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:22 am
I still do not understand why a sitting US Senator anyone with a pulse might wish to be Secretary of Defense involved in any way in a Trump administration.
FIFY :blink:
And a functioning brain, or at least a few active grey cells.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Return to “Trump Administration”