Still not 'duly elected' ... anything -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by northland10 »

on their motion to expedite, they said:
REASON TO EXPEDITE THIS MATTER
Even before any respondent files a brief in opposition (“BIO”), the pleadings, record evidence, and petitioners’ amended allegations of jurisdiction pursuant to 28 U.S.C. §1653 make clear that this Court can and should reverse the dismissal for lack of Article III standing, which makes summary disposition an appropriate option. Expediting this matter would serve the two crucial goals of ensuring election integrity and avoiding the unnecessary delay of merits briefing when petitioners’ standing is clear and the lower courts clearly erred in their contrary ruling.
If I read this correctly, they were asking the court to reverse the decision even before a response, yet later, they complained about the waiver of a response. :confuzzled:
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

They are complaining cause they cannot grift off a non-response :crying:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

She's singing a different tune today, the winds have changed.
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: In 2022, Kari Lake said she wanted Roe overturned and wanted the 1864 abortion statute to take effect. Today she says she’s against it. What changed?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:callonme: :callonme: :callonme:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Spunky Conradson was shooting his hot little mouth off at Gateway House of Boys & X. Nobody was having it. I explained why he's nicknamed Spunky. Just saying it because of the Richer Fan Club -- got 2 likes from Stephen on my posts today including this. (I'm not trying to claim him, he's all yours ;)

Barry Markson @BarryMarkson1
None of this is true. Kari Lake admitted in court that she defamed @stephen_richer by making statements that are false. She caved, surrendered, did not fight at all. Richer’s attorneys now get to depose Kari and others, and do discovery for texts, emails, recording, etc,, to help determine the amount of money Kari will pay for compensate Richer for his damages including loss of reputation.

Jordan Conradson🇺🇸 @ConradsonJordan 9h
Closer Look: @KariLake Didn't Admit to Defaming RINO Election Official @stephen_richer in Defamation Case, She Outmaneuvered the Soros Thugs: 'My Words Are True, But How Did They Hurt You?' (VIDEO) https://thegatewaypundit.com/2024/04/cl ... ming-rino/ #gatewaypundit via @gatewaypundit

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
🃏 Jordan "Spunky*" Conradson is the Joker of Fake News. His propaganda gins up MAGA. When he's invariably wrong, they're blindsided.

* Spunky is from his Gateway Pundit AZ fake "log" story where he referred to "Splunk Logs" as "Spunk Logs". He's been "Spunky" ever since.

He also liked this, hope it watered the seed a little:
Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 5h
I'm hoping in the damages phase of Kari Lake's defamation default, Stephen Richer can get her grifting fundraising records. The "Save Arizona Fund" had record-breaking corruption. Let's see the books, Kari.

Richer also replied about Spunky:

Stephen Richer—MaricopaCountyRecorder (prsnl acct) @stephen_richer
Imagine thinking defaulting on liability is a win.

Especially after she said for months that she couldn’t wait to prove the truth of her statements.

Also, let’s stop the nonsense about this being about her Senate race.

I filed my case when she was still claiming to be the rightful governor — months before she announced for US Sen.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Richer :daydreaming:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:
northland10

Post by northland10 »

bob wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:58 pm Per SCOTUS' docket, SCOTUS bounced the supplemental briefing.

I'm guessing SCOTUS didn't agree that the respondents' routine waiver was a sufficient triggering event for a supplemental briefing. :violin:
Lindell was pushing the Amicus filing:
Apr 09 2024 Amicus brief of Georgia Republican Party, Inc. not accepted for filing. (April 11, 2024)

Apr 11 2024 Amicus brief of Georgia Republican Party, Inc., Republican Party of Arizona, LLC, and Republican State Committee of Delaware submitted.
Main DocumentCertificate of Word CountProof of Service
The docs are there but the not accepted entry is dated the same day so I am not sure what. The brief does mentioned corrected so maybe they had to fix something though I am not sure SCOTUS likes an attorney for the petitioner also being an attorney for the amicus filers.

I did not bother to read to see if it said anything different from the actual brief since those that do not bring something more to the table are not favored. It does not appear that they included Lindell's NEW ebindence.
https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/ ... rected.pdf
raison de arizona

https://x.com/shannonrwatts/status/1780606067380208100
Shannon Watts @shannonrwatts wrote: In Lake Havasu, Kari Lake called on Arizona supporters to arm themselves ahead of an “intense” election and urged military and law enforcement veterans to be “ready”: “We are going to put on the armor of God, and maybe strap on a Glock on the side of us just in case.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Lake writes a letter that says Richer actually benefitted (fundraising-wise) from her attacks and she doesn't owe him squat.
https://frontlineamerica.com/wp-content ... E_1677.pdf
northland10

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:12 pm Lake writes a letter that says Richer actually benefitted (fundraising-wise) from her attacks and she doesn't owe him squat.
Didn't Trump try that gambit in the Carroll case?
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:12 pm Lake writes a letter that says Richer actually benefitted (fundraising-wise) from her attacks and she doesn't owe him squat.
This is a profoundly dumb letter to send.

It will not impress the court.

It will not impress the plaintiff or plaintiff's counsel.

It will have the opposite effect: The plaintiff now can go to the judge and say, "We're happy to prove up every element and damages, but the defendant can't even discuss scheduling in good faith. Perhaps the court can oblige her?"

The cheap seats will be impressed by the jargon and nice formatting, without paying heed to its substance. Because owning the libs on social media is worth any price! :towel:

P.S.: SEND MONEY.
Image ImageImage
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

But it's exactly the kind of letter the maga mob loves. Cha-ching!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

And maybe she can get Ed Meese to testify at the trial and explain how she's exactly right!
raison de arizona

Kari Lake calls on Arizona county sheriffs to enforce 1864 abortion ban

Republican candidate for US Senate Kari Lake on Saturday seemed to solidify her support for Arizona’s total abortion ban and called on county sheriffs to enforce the law once it goes into effect.

“We can have that law, but it’s not going to be enforced with the people we have in office,” Lake said in a recording obtained by The Copper Courier. “No, we don’t have that law. She’s not enforcing the law, so we don’t have them. The only people who can enforce that law are our sheriffs. And we need to start asking the sheriffs if they’re willing to enforce that. I don’t think they are.”

Lake’s statements at a Mohave County Republican Party event clarify her position on the soon-to-be reinstated, total ban on abortion. Despite coming out in strong support of reinstating the 1864 law during her run for governor in 2022, once it was announced that the law would go into effect, she opposed the ruling.

“It is abundantly clear that the pre-statehood law is out of step with Arizonans,” Lake said in a statement last week. “I am calling on Katie Hobbs and the State Legislature to come up with an immediate common sense solution.”
:snippity:
https://coppercourier.com/2024/04/19/ka ... n-arizona/
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 pm
Kari Lake calls on Arizona county sheriffs to enforce 1864 abortion ban

Republican candidate for US Senate Kari Lake on Saturday seemed to solidify her support for Arizona’s total abortion ban and called on county sheriffs to enforce the law once it goes into effect.

“We can have that law, but it’s not going to be enforced with the people we have in office,” Lake said in a recording obtained by The Copper Courier. “No, we don’t have that law. She’s not enforcing the law, so we don’t have them. The only people who can enforce that law are our sheriffs. And we need to start asking the sheriffs if they’re willing to enforce that. I don’t think they are.”

Lake’s statements at a Mohave County Republican Party event clarify her position on the soon-to-be reinstated, total ban on abortion. Despite coming out in strong support of reinstating the 1864 law during her run for governor in 2022, once it was announced that the law would go into effect, she opposed the ruling.

“It is abundantly clear that the pre-statehood law is out of step with Arizonans,” Lake said in a statement last week. “I am calling on Katie Hobbs and the State Legislature to come up with an immediate common sense solution.”
:snippity:
https://coppercourier.com/2024/04/19/ka ... n-arizona/
What is this waffle from the not duly elected to anything person?
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

Resume18 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:46 pm What is this waffle from the not duly elected to anything person?
Yes and why is it posted in a 2022 governor election topic? Ain't there a 2024 one for Ms. Great expanse of wetness?
raison de arizona

Lansdowne wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:42 pm
Resume18 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:46 pm What is this waffle from the not duly elected to anything person?
Yes and why is it posted in a 2022 governor election topic? Ain't there a 2024 one for Ms. Great expanse of wetness?
I hereby petition our benevolent dicktater to drop "Arizona Governor" from the thread title- the rest would still be accurate.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... lawsuit%2F
The Supreme Court declined Monday to take up a case brought by Republicans Kari Lake and Mark Finchem over the use of voting machines in Arizona elections, the latest blow to the duo of GOP candidates who have seen their lawsuit rejected several times.

Lake and Finchem asked the Supreme Court to review a federal appellate judge’s decision to dismiss their case last October. The suit sought to block electronic voting machines from being used in the state, questioning their accuracy and reliability.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Womp womp. :violin:
https://x.com/KariLake/status/1782472340632142335
Kari Lake @KariLake wrote: “The Supreme Court of the United States did not believe that the issue of election integrity was worth the court's time during another crucial presidential race.”
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Darn it. :mad:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bob

Post by bob »

Colbeck was touting Lake's petition, and told everyone who doubted its power that they were wrong.

Now the doubters were proven correct, of course the only explanation is that SCOTUS has legalized lying. :roll:

This is exactly how I expect birthers to react to the denial of birther cert. petition. (Except "DeMaio," who would write 5000 words to explain that a silent denial means nothing.)
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

A reasonable point: When Castro (who is still trying to kick the quadfectee off a ballot) files in SCOTUS, the quadfectee (represented by the Dhillion firm) just files a routine waiver.

But when Arizona officials do it, then it is double sanctions disbarrement time! :roll:
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/BarryMarkson1/statu ... 6156027354
Barry Markson @BarryMarkson1 wrote: BREAKING: @stephen_richer defamation case against Kari Lake is before the judge today. Richer's attorneys say they are entitled to Kari's private emails, texts, etc. This is correct. Kari admitted lying and defaming Richer, but he needs to know the extent of her defamation to determine how badly he was damaged. He's also entitled to information about her family finances and money because he claims punitive damages. This is not going to be pretty for Kari.
Jen Fifield @JenAFifield wrote: Richer's lawyer says they are entitled to Kari Lake's private emails, texts, etc. so they know the extent of her statements and their harm. Reiterates that Lake's default means she is not disputing the statements made were defamatory and made with actual malice. x.com/JenAFifield/st…
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:fiesta: :fiesta: :cheer1: :cheer2:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”