Trump - POTUS Tweets and Social Media

RVInit

Re: Trump - POTUS Tweets and Social Media

Post by RVInit » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:41 am

tek wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:33 am
IANAL, but doesn't the Constitution leave the definition/determination of "high crimes and misdemeanors" up to Congress?

Dersh has really fallen far ...
It does. But here's the problem. Barr has made it very clear in multiple public statements that he found that Trump committed no crimes. This is the "cover" that I spoke about on Barr's initial statement regarding his four page memo of lies - he very clearly gave Rethugs in Congress every damn thing they need to ignore the actual Mueller report and all the evidence that Trump DID likely commit obstruction of justice, at least. They don't need to read it because the DOJ and Barr have already answered that question for them. And every damn Trump supporter can hang their fucken hat on the fact that the Attorney General of the USA has declared that Trump committed no crime at all. It doesn't matter what the Constitution says. Nothing is going to move Republican Congress critters. Barr gave them exactly what they needed to say fuck you to the American people. Whether it's honest, truthful, Constitutional or not. That. Doesn't. Matter. To. Them.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:50 am

Hey @realDonaldTrump: Can you accept a campaign donation from the Queen, the Prince & leaders of foreign powers? NO. In the same way, you cannot knowingly accept campaign assistance of a material value from foreigners. It's ILLEGAL under the Fed Election Campaign Act.

Get it?

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:50 am

Trump defends remarks about accepting information from foreign government
Trump wasn't discussing conversations during state visits with allied governments in the interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, but instead was talking about a situation in which a potential rival foreign government offered more clandestine information on a political opponent.

Trump told the ABC host that he would not call the FBI in such a situation, even though Trump's own FBI director has said that is the right protocol for such a situation.

Told that by Stephanopoulos, Trump said the FBI director was wrong.

"I think you might want to listen. There’s nothing wrong with listening," Trump said in the interview. "It’s not an interference. They have information. I think I’d take it. If I thought there was something wrong, I’d go maybe to the FBI."

Trump on Thursday morning attempted to deflect attention to Democrats by alleging his campaign was spied on and that Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) had improper contacts with Russian nationals.

A spokeswoman for Warner responded that she had "NO idea" what Trump was referring to.
rcohen
@rcohen
this never happened. literally, i have NO idea what he's talking about
► Show Spoiler
Text messages leaked last year that showed Warner attempted to contact the author of a 2016 dossier containing salacious allegations about Trump's ties to Russia, but Senate Intelligence Committee members said they took no issue with the effort.

It's unclear what interaction Trump was referring to with Schiff, but the congressman reportedly had contact with Russian pranksters in 2017 purporting to have salacious photos of Trump. A spokesman for Schiff said when the call was first reported that the House Intelligence Committee informed law enforcement of the conversation.
<snip>
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... om-foreign

'Prince of Whales' trends on Twitter after Trump flubs Prince Charles' title
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... ubs-prince
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:04 am

Kendra wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:28 am
:rotflmao: That was gone before I saw it, but screen caps and memes will live forever.

And sign of his most faithful Congress critters defending him yet? How will KA and Sarah spin this?
Mostly silent. Lindsey Graham did post a thread in which tweet #1 said you should always contact the FBI, followed by about a dozen more tweets crying about Comey and Mueller being mean to trump.

Edited to add, anybody else confuzzled about trump bragging how he'd take dirt from a foreign government because that's the smart thing to do and the FBI director is wrong to say otherwise, but in the same breath accuses HRC of breaking the law for taking dirt from a foreign government. (Not saying she did it, she didn't. Just saying he's accusing her of it).
Goodwill has opened their Halloween Dept which makes it officially Halloween Season! :dance: ImageImageImage x4

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:08 am

Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:04 am
Kendra wrote:
:rotflmao: That was gone before I saw it, but screen caps and memes will live forever.

And sign of his most faithful Congress critters defending him yet? How will KA and Sarah spin this?
Mostly silent. Lindsey Graham did post a thread in which tweet #1 said you should always contact the FBI, followed by about a dozen more tweets crying about Comey and Mueller being mean to trump.

Edited to add, anybody else confuzzled about trump bragging how he'd take dirt from a foreign government because that's the smart thing to do and the FBI director is wrong to say otherwise, but in the same breath accuses criminal Hillary of taking dirt from a foreign government. (not saying she did it, just saying he's accusing her of it).
Cross posting.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:10 am

Kendra wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:08 am
Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:04 am
Kendra wrote:

Edited to add, anybody else confuzzled about trump bragging how he'd take dirt from a foreign government because that's the smart thing to do and the FBI director is wrong to say otherwise, but in the same breath accuses criminal Hillary of taking dirt from a foreign government. (not saying she did it, just saying he's accusing her of it).
Cross posting.

Ignoring the lie about Hillary, is Meadows admitting trump broke the law?
Goodwill has opened their Halloween Dept which makes it officially Halloween Season! :dance: ImageImageImage x4

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:51 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:21 pm

trump met with Aquaman?

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Screenshot_20190613_095559.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image Image

kate520

Post by kate520 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:18 pm

Why in God’s name will reporters not remind their readers that “the dossier” was initially commissioned as oppo research by Republicans who were absolutely appalled by him????

David Neiwert, the orca-loving journalist who has been writing about the rise of the alt right for 30 years, was suspended from Twitter this week. The reason? Part of his avatar was a portion of his latest book cover, depicting some kind of violence by the white nationalists. He was troll-reported. When he appealed they said they’d reinstate him if he removed the offending pic. He said fuck no. It’s in libraries, FFS, but may not appear on twit.

There’ll be a lot of this tit-for-tat shit coming, I’m sure. ‘Free Loomer or another lib gets the twitter axe!’ Elephants and oranges, but you’ll never convince them.

Sigh.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:45 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:21 pm
trump met with Aquaman?
Climate change and rising seas: a sequel to the Water Worlds movies - Teh Donald fights with Charles :lol:

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Pinned Tweet
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
6h6 hours ago

They’ve been wrong all along!

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:40 pm

tek wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:33 am
IANAL, but doesn't the Constitution leave the definition/determination of "high crimes and misdemeanors" up to Congress?

Dersh has really fallen far ...

You'd be surprised how hard it is to practice law with a mouth full of mushroom. :rotflmao:
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:57 pm

Pinned Tweet
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

Thank you Jason Chaffetz! #MAGA
5:35 PM - 13 Jun 2019

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:54 pm

kate520 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:18 pm
Why in God’s name will reporters not remind their readers that “the dossier” was initially commissioned as oppo research by Republicans who were absolutely appalled by him????

David Neiwert, the orca-loving journalist who has been writing about the rise of the alt right for 30 years, was suspended from Twitter this week. The reason? Part of his avatar was a portion of his latest book cover, depicting some kind of violence by the white nationalists. He was troll-reported. When he appealed they said they’d reinstate him if he removed the offending pic. He said fuck no. It’s in libraries, FFS, but may not appear on twit.

There’ll be a lot of this tit-for-tat shit coming, I’m sure. ‘Free Loomer or another lib gets the twitter axe!’ Elephants and oranges, but you’ll never convince them.

Sigh.

I was suspended a few weeks ago when I commented that the gov of AL could eat shit and die (right after she signed that awful abortion bill). It was delete the tweet or face permanent suspension, and I did. I suspected it might happen but posted it anyway. Totes worth it.

So far, "ESAD" seems to slip past the tattle trolls.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:33 am

Will this be a phone in like of crazy?

tek

Post by tek » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:11 am

he's babbling on the phone right now

Dooshy is trying to get a question in, but Trump won't stop bragging..
There's no way back
from there to here

tek

Post by tek » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:12 am

Turns out Dooshy's question wasn't worth the wait:

"But if you did call the FBI about dirt, wouldn't the Democrats accuse you of using the FBI to investigate an opponent?"
There's no way back
from there to here

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:19 am

But her emails!

kate520

Post by kate520 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:48 am

It. He called Melania It.
We have our own Jackie O, he says. It’s name is Melania. 🤦‍♀️

If she still lives with him, she oughta tan his hide when he comes home. I would.

Watching the Fox folks expressions with the sound turned off (the ONLY way I can stomach him) was priceless. Even they think I he’s a moron. I wonder if he knows?
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:09 am

kate520 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:48 am

If she still lives with him, she oughta tan his hide when he comes home. I would.

Watching the Fox folks expressions with the sound turned off (the ONLY way I can stomach him) was priceless. Even they think I he’s a moron. I wonder if he knows?
I saw something in their eyes and body language, except not Dooshy.

Didn't he call this spying on his campaign the greatest crime ever? I was like, 911, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, etc. Ya know, innocent people died.

much ado

Post by much ado » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:24 am

kate520 wrote:
:snippity:

I love it when Trump makes conservatives really uncomfortable. He hangs on their necks like a great stinking fetid albatross.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:28 pm

kate520 wrote:

So if "it" is the new Jackie O., does that mean that she has to stuff her husband's brains back in his head?

(NADT)

tek

Post by tek » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:59 pm

Would be short work
There's no way back
from there to here

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 pm

"It" can just sweep 'em under the rug.
Image Image Image Image Image