President Trump

vic

Re: President Trump

Post by vic » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:01 pm

The next logical step for POTUS is to declare allegiance to the Queen.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertonardell ... qnw7eqqQ28

Trump Told G7 Leaders That Crimea Is Russian Because Everyone Speaks Russian In Crimea
President Donald Trump told G7 leaders that Crimea is Russian because everyone who lives there speaks Russian, according to two diplomatic sources.

Trump made the remarks over dinner last Friday during a discussion on foreign affairs at the G7 summit in Quebec, Canada, one of the diplomats told BuzzFeed News.

The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to speak on the matter.

Russia invaded and then annexed Crimea from Ukraine in 2014, leading to widespread international condemnation and sanctions. The move also directly led to Russia being kicked out of the then-G8. Russian President Vladimir Putin defended Russia’s intervention in Crimea at the time, saying that he had the right to protect Russian citizens and Russian speakers in Ukraine.

During the dinner, Trump also seemed to question why the G7 leaders were siding with Ukraine. The president told leaders that "Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in the world," the source said.
:snippity:
Edit: On second thought, it's the immigrants who don't speak English who are saving us from being annexed. As soon as POTUS and the AG finish deporting them, we'll have no choice but to be part of England.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:03 pm

Crimea is Russian because everyone who lives there speaks Russian
So does the US still belong to England? :lol:

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:10 pm

Foggy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:03 pm
Canada. Except Québec, bien sûr.

vic

Post by vic » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:19 pm

Foggy wrote:
Like I said, not yet - we have some immigrants who don't speak English. But DOTUS and AG are working on that.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:44 pm

IMF warns US fiscal, trade policies create risks to global economy
written by Live June 14, 2018

The punitive import duties the US has imposed and threatened could harm the world economic recovery by “catalyzing a cycle of retaliatory responses” and interrupting global supply chains, an IMF report said

President Donald Trump’s aggressive trade policies and expansive tax cut at a time when the US economy is growing, are creating risks that could damage the domestic and global economies, the International Monetary Fund warned Thursday.

The tax cuts will generate a near-term boost to growth but also “will elevate the risks to the US and global economy,” and increase the size of those risks, the IMF said in its annual review of the US economy.

Meanwhile, the punitive import duties the US has imposed and threatened could harm the world economic recovery by “catalyzing a cycle of retaliatory responses” and interrupting global supply chains, the report said.

And the IMF warned that the administration’s use of a rarely-applied national security justification for the tariffs — on steel, aluminum, and potentially autos — opened the door for other countries to follow suit and use that excuse to impose broad import restrictions that would “undermine the rules-based global trading system.”

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:51 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:44 pm
IMF warns US fiscal, trade policies create risks to global economy
written by Live June 14, 2018

The punitive import duties the US has imposed and threatened could harm the world economic recovery by “catalyzing a cycle of retaliatory responses” and interrupting global supply chains, an IMF report said

President Donald Trump’s aggressive trade policies and expansive tax cut at a time when the US economy is growing, are creating risks that could damage the domestic and global economies, the International Monetary Fund warned Thursday.

The tax cuts will generate a near-term boost to growth but also “will elevate the risks to the US and global economy,” and increase the size of those risks, the IMF said in its annual review of the US economy.

Meanwhile, the punitive import duties the US has imposed and threatened could harm the world economic recovery by “catalyzing a cycle of retaliatory responses” and interrupting global supply chains, the report said.

And the IMF warned that the administration’s use of a rarely-applied national security justification for the tariffs — on steel, aluminum, and potentially autos — opened the door for other countries to follow suit and use that excuse to impose broad import restrictions that would “undermine the rules-based global trading system.”
And McConnell and Ryan can still sleep at night.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:11 pm

Foggy wrote:
Now look what you did! You've given Canada a reason to invade us.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Foggy wrote:
Now Mexico will want TX back in their fold ;)

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:26 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:10 pm
Foggy wrote:
Canada. Except Québec, bien sûr.
Don’t forget Poland Australia!

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:31 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 pm
Foggy wrote:
There have been groups claiming they want the territory back since at least the 60s. Everything from the Mexican American War, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and California.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Till Eulenspiegel

Post by Till Eulenspiegel » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:03 am

Gregg wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:31 pm
RTH10260 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 pm
Foggy wrote:

There have been groups claiming they want the territory back since at least the 60s. Everything from the Mexican American War, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and California.
I know that in the US this war is called "M-A ". A success in propaganda. The US were the aggressor, so it should be named "A-M " war, like the Mexicans do.

„Er aber, sag’s ihm, er kann mich im Arsche lecken!“ - J.W. Goethe - Götz von Berlichingen

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:31 am

There’s an article at The Hill talking about Trump blaming Obama for annexing Crimea. I love one of the comments:

“Maybe Ukraine shouldn't dress that way if they don't want Russia grabbing them by their Crimea.”

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:37 am

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:31 am
There’s an article at The Hill talking about Trump blaming Obama for annexing Crimea. I love one of the comments:

“Maybe Ukraine shouldn't dress that way if they don't want Russia grabbing them by their Crimea.”
:lol: :lol:

I wish I could listen to all the clips from this morning (damn you work for getting in the way of fun).

HST's Ghost

Post by HST's Ghost » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:04 am

Well, besides talking like a child, he is signaling that Putin needs him alone... blatantly...
“There’s No Stopping Him”: Trump Insists on a Putin Summit
After Singapore, the President is pressing ahead with the meeting that he’s always wanted.

“Now, I think I would probably have a good relationship with him. Or I will be able to talk to him better than if you call somebody on the telephone to talk,” Trump said.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-f ... sia-summit
Maybe the US and Russia will produce a neat little letter stating nuclear weapons are bad and should stop...that would cinch the noble prize...Impotent at home, with Melania and policy, the dotard forges abroad looking for love in all the wrong places.

Spoiler alert if you plan on watching John Mulaney's latest special:
Sekrit Stuffs!
Trump as president is like a horse in a hospital...

Either give me more wine or leave me alone. - Rumi

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:15 pm

Respectfully, I would like to once again petition for a change in the thread title. Anyone who thinks people should sit up straight when they are in his presence, just like the North Koreans do, has no claim to the title of president.

My understanding has been (and I could be wrong) that the thread title stands out of respect to the office. I submit that the presence of the name that follows the title disrespects that title.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:06 pm

p0rtia wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:15 pm
Respectfully, I would like to once again petition for a change in the thread title. Anyone who thinks people should sit up straight when they are in his presence, just like the North Koreans do, has no claim to the title of president.

My understanding has been (and I could be wrong) that the thread title stands out of respect to the office. I submit that the presence of the name that follows the title disrespects that title.
When they go low, we go high.

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:04 pm

Then they kick us in the balls.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:36 pm

@scottwongDC
Following Following @scottwongDC
More
NEWS: White House says Trump MISSPOKE when he criticized compromise immigration bill, now fully backs the DACA legislation, @juliegraceb reports

1:11 PM - 15 Jun 2018
Incredible. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:26 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:06 pm
p0rtia wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:15 pm

When they go low, we go high.
I try to put this in practice every day in my exchanges in social media and real life. I'm in the midst of a useful debate on my congresswoman's fb page, where I believe the willingness of my adversaries to smear, slur, and slight (and name-call) makes an obvious contrast.

But I don't think the high-low model applies in this case. I am not trying to demean anyone, or call names*, or anything low here. I am intellectually and emotionally repulsed by the constant sight of this man being referred to by a title that means something important to me.

*I said "here"

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Kendra wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:37 am
MN-Skeptic wrote:

I wish I could listen to all the clips from this morning (damn you work for getting in the way of fun).
Can you bring a Bluetooth headphones or earbuds to work? I've worked in a couple of places where it's not unusual for employees to wear earphones or earbuds. Nobody has to know exactly what you are listening to. :mrgreen:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:55 pm

RVInit wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:48 pm
Kendra wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:37 am
MN-Skeptic wrote:

Can you bring a Bluetooth headphones or earbuds to work? I've worked in a couple of places where it's not unusual for employees to wear earphones or earbuds. Nobody has to know exactly what you are listening to. :mrgreen:
Off Topic
Yes and no. Problem is, I'd never hear the phone ringing and forget to answer it :bag:

Till Eulenspiegel

Post by Till Eulenspiegel » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:09 pm

! Message from: Foggy
Post deleted due to personal insult.

MN-Skeptic started the thread, she gets to decide on the title. I might suggest an asterisk, but it's just a suggestion.

„Er aber, sag’s ihm, er kann mich im Arsche lecken!“ - J.W. Goethe - Götz von Berlichingen

tek

Post by tek » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Kendra wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:55 pm
Off Topic
Yes and no. Problem is, I'd never hear the phone ringing and forget to answer it :bag:
Off Topic
Bonus!

Digging the snow and the rain and the bright sunshine.

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:49 pm

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 3.48.25 PM.png
https://nypost.com/2018/06/15/trump-tol ... reddit.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:57 pm

P0rtia, I had the same conversation with mr520 yesterday, including ‘when they go low...’
He didn’t convince me, either. :mrgreen:

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Return to “Trump Administration”