President Trump

User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 16695
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: President Trump

#8051

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:13 pm

The worst — and most intriguing — parts of the secret Devin Nunes tape

Devin Nunes just tied the Mueller probe to the 2018 midterms
The Fix’s Aaron Blake analyzes the key takeaways from a secret recording of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes.


By Aaron Blake
August 9 at 7:30 AM

MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Wednesday night broadcast a secretly recorded tape of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) at a closed-door fundraiser talking about the Russia investigation — a more Trump-friendly version of which his own committee conducted.

And while plenty have focused on his comments that the GOP needs to keep the majority to protect President Trump, that might not even be the most interesting — or objectionable — part of it.

First off, here’s the full quote, in context:

So therein lies what’s like your classic Catch-22 situation where we’re at a -- it puts us in such a tough spot. If Sessions won’t un-recuse and Mueller won’t clear the president, we’re the only ones, which is really the danger. That’s why I keep -- and thank you for saying it by the way -- I mean, we have to keep all these seats. We have to keep the majority. If we do not keep the majority, all of this goes away."


We don’t know quite what Nunes was responding to, regrettably. But what first strikes you is how quickly he pivots from talking about Trump’s fate in the Russia investigation to the GOP’s electoral fortunes — as if the purpose of keeping Republicans in power is to shut the whole thing down.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... unes-tape/



User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 16695
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: President Trump

#8052

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:37 pm




User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 16695
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: President Trump

#8053

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:15 pm

after the truckers the bikers, and no, dotus did not try to ride a Harley Davidson, nor any other bike




User avatar
vic
Posts: 3569
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:36 am
Location: The great San Fernando Valley
Occupation: Web developer

Re: President Trump

#8054

Post by vic » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:43 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:15 pm
after the truckers the bikers, and no, dotus did not try to ride a Harley Davidson, nor any other bike
:snippity:
While I don't have much respect for The Hill, this is too good to not post:

The Hill
Bikers for Trump' founder says he sells Trump shirts made in Haiti because American-made products are too expensive
:snippity:
I don't trust The Hill to get that right, but their source for that was the New York Times, so let's go there (a very long article, and behind their paywall):

Trump’s War With Harley-Davidson Has Divided America’s Bikers
:snippity: To the president’s most ardent admirers, there is nothing better than American made.

Chris Cox, the founder of the Bikers for Trump group that has organized demonstrations for Mr. Trump across the country since he was a candidate, was using the Sturgis gathering this year to drum up more support for Mr. Trump and to mobilize opposition to Harley. He wants shareholders and riders to come together and petition the company to promise it will give generous severance packages to workers who might get fired as it moves manufacturing to other countries.

Like Mr. Trump, Mr. Cox is furious with Harley’s chief executive, Mr. Levatich, whom Mr. Cox says has “ties” to Europe and wants to make the company less American.
:snippity:
He goes on to say how important domestic production is, and how Vietnam veterans were so upset when Harley Davidson sold brake pads made in Vietnam that they wore long-sleeve shirts to hide their H-D tattoos. And then ... wait for it ...
But even Mr. Cox, a South Carolina chain saw artist who carves trees and other objects, could not escape the realities of global supply chains and the high cost of making some products in the United States. While he used to sell American-made T-shirts, the $20 Trump shirts he was selling outside his R.V. were made in Haiti. The American-made shirts proved to be a hard sell.

“If I get a T-shirt made in the U.S.A., it’s going to cost about $8 more,” Mr. Cox said. “I looked far and wide to try to get a shirt made in America, it’s just they get you, they gouge you.”
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:



User avatar
Tiredretiredlawyer
Posts: 6725
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Animal Planet
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Re: President Trump

#8055

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:30 pm

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/p ... ers-trump/
The Russia Scandal Was Desperately Missing a Biker Gang Subplot. Well, Here It Is. Paging Hunter S. Thompson.

The most amazing story ran in the Miami Herald last Thursday. It involves the Trump organization and a Russian official deep in the dark side of shady, because all of the amazing stories do these days. But it also involves a Russian motorcycle gang that has staked a claim in this country and that once had its gang colors hoisted in outer space.

So, on a salary of $75,000, Zorin somehow sunk $8 million into high-end Florida real-estate. He must have invested very wisely. Or he eats Ramen noodles all day and has a hell of a big mattress. Naturally, because he is a Russian official of the Putin era, Zorin has connections with former Russian intelligence officials who have hit it big in the new globalized capitalist economy, and Zorin picked a real doozy, too.

So this Mangushev character starts a motorcycle gang among his fellow Russian expats that he names after the Russian equivalent of the special forces. This gang, named after the Russian special forces, seeks the imprimatur of an actual Russian biker gang that, unlike their American brethren, doesn't settle for tearing up small towns along the California coast. This bunch helps overthrow governments. This is not a guy I'd do business with but, then again, I'm not Igor Zorin, with his millions buried in coffee cans in his backyard.

The whole thing reads like Tolstoy rewritten by Hunter Thompson. The biker gang in Florida, founded by Zorin, writes a letter to a Russian gang called The Night Wolves, asking to be affiliated with them. The Florida biker who writes the letter is a Russian expat who is also a Broward County sheriff's deputy. Meanwhile, the Night Wolves are wired into the highest levels of the Russian government and they also operate as a kind of paramilitary outfit. This is like finding out that the Hells Angels roared into Baghdad ahead of the U.S. Army and Marines.


"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 16695
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: President Trump

#8056

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:30 pm
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/p ... ers-trump/
The Russia Scandal Was Desperately Missing a Biker Gang Subplot. Well, Here It Is. Paging Hunter S. Thompson.

:snippity:
To note that the Russian Night Wolfs biker gang has a direct connection to Putin, Putin is honor member. A couple of years ago they intended to make a bike ride into Berlin (iirc 2015 in remembrance of the German capitulation 1945) that was blocked off at the EU border. They recently establish a European hq in Slovakia.



User avatar
HST's Ghost
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: President Trump

#8057

Post by HST's Ghost » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:36 pm

When I first saw the news about the event, I thought, "I am sure if you looked at the tats hard enough..."and sure enough.
From Trump's puffed-out chest wannabe tough-guy demeanor to the hypocritical "patriotic bikers"...to, of course, Russians...Real bikers are a real mafia...



Either give me more wine or leave me alone. - Rumi

User avatar
Carl von Ossietsky
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:55 am
Location: France
Occupation: Lawyer (retired )

Re: President Trump

#8058

Post by Carl von Ossietsky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:08 am

vic wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:43 am
RTH10260 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:15 pm
after the truckers the bikers, and no, dotus did not try to ride a Harley Davidson, nor any other bike
:snippity:
While I don't have much respect for The Hill, this is too good to not post:

The Hill
Bikers for Trump' founder says he sells Trump shirts made in Haiti because American-made products are too expensive
:snippity:
I don't trust The Hill to get that right, but their source for that was the New York Times, so let's go there (a very long article, and behind their paywall):

Trump’s War With Harley-Davidson Has Divided America’s Bikers
:snippity: To the president’s most ardent admirers, there is nothing better than American made.

Chris Cox, the founder of the Bikers for Trump group that has organized demonstrations for Mr. Trump across the country since he was a candidate, was using the Sturgis gathering this year to drum up more support for Mr. Trump and to mobilize opposition to Harley. He wants shareholders and riders to come together and petition the company to promise it will give generous severance packages to workers who might get fired as it moves manufacturing to other countries.

Like Mr. Trump, Mr. Cox is furious with Harley’s chief executive, Mr. Levatich, whom Mr. Cox says has “ties” to Europe and wants to make the company less American.
:snippity:
He goes on to say how important domestic production is, and how Vietnam veterans were so upset when Harley Davidson sold brake pads made in Vietnam that they wore long-sleeve shirts to hide their H-D tattoos. And then ... wait for it ...
But even Mr. Cox, a South Carolina chain saw artist who carves trees and other objects, could not escape the realities of global supply chains and the high cost of making some products in the United States. While he used to sell American-made T-shirts, the $20 Trump shirts he was selling outside his R.V. were made in Haiti. The American-made shirts proved to be a hard sell.

“If I get a T-shirt made in the U.S.A., it’s going to cost about $8 more,” Mr. Cox said. “I looked far and wide to try to get a shirt made in America, it’s just they get you, they gouge you.”
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Haiti needs the money even more than the USA.


будем здоровы!

User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 8618
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: President Trump

#8059

Post by Chilidog » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:22 am

I see that some people are trying to defend that by saying it's a KISS tattoo.

LOL

That's actually hilarious.

"Bikers for Trump and Kiss!"



User avatar
Carl von Ossietsky
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:55 am
Location: France
Occupation: Lawyer (retired )

Re: President Trump

#8060

Post by Carl von Ossietsky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:50 am

Chilidog wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:22 am
I see that some people are trying to defend that by saying it's a KISS tattoo.

LOL

That's actually hilarious.

"Bikers for Trump and Kiss!"
No doubt about the true background

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runic_i ... utzstaffel


будем здоровы!

stoppingby
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:47 pm

Re: President Trump

#8061

Post by stoppingby » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:27 am

Chilidog wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:22 am
I see that some people are trying to defend that by saying it's a KISS tattoo.

LOL

That's actually hilarious.

"Bikers for Trump and Kiss!"
I admit, for a second it looked like part of the KISS logo to me too (i don't speak fluent nazi symbolism) but someone checked out his facebook page and found that he is a proud nazi. (I cannot comprehend how anyone can be, but somehow, he is.)



User avatar
Lani
Posts: 3662
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: Some island in the Pacific

Re: President Trump

#8062

Post by Lani » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:09 am

Snopes claims the tattoo photo is from Portland, not the Trump -biker thingie.

ETA found it! https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biker ... p-tattoos/


Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

User avatar
kate520
Posts: 14633
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: Dark side of the Moon
Occupation: servant of cats, chicken wrangler
Contact:

Re: President Trump

#8063

Post by kate520 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:23 am

I ve always thought the KISS SS was a nod to the knowing. Seeing who Simmons is now, I’m even more sure.


DEFEND DEMOCRACY

User avatar
MN-Skeptic
Posts: 2146
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:36 pm
Location: Twin Cities

Re: President Trump

#8064

Post by MN-Skeptic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:44 pm



MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

User avatar
Slim Cognito
Posts: 4865
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 am

Re: President Trump

#8065

Post by Slim Cognito » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:46 am

I don't know anything about Roll Call but the story seems pretty solid.


https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/ ... sia-crimea
Trump Won’t Follow Congressional Directives on Russia and Crimea
Defense authorization signing statement effectively discards restrictions on recognizing Crimea as Russian
Trump issued a signing statement Monday night saying that his administration wouldn’t be bound by the will on Congress on provisions that he believes interfere with executive branch powers — including decisions about the territorial integrity of Ukraine.


Trying to coordinate goggies to the Trumpie currently in the most trouble:
Manafort's accountant
ImageImageImage x4

User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 16695
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: President Trump

#8066

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:46 am
I don't know anything about Roll Call but the story seems pretty solid.


https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/ ... sia-crimea
Trump Won’t Follow Congressional Directives on Russia and Crimea
Defense authorization signing statement effectively discards restrictions on recognizing Crimea as Russian
Trump issued a signing statement Monday night saying that his administration wouldn’t be bound by the will on Congress on provisions that he believes interfere with executive branch powers — including decisions about the territorial integrity of Ukraine.
Will this make some Republicans consider impeachment ?



User avatar
MN-Skeptic
Posts: 2146
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:36 pm
Location: Twin Cities

Re: President Trump

#8067

Post by MN-Skeptic » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:42 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Will this make some Republicans consider impeachment ?
No.


MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

User avatar
MsDaisy
Posts: 4380
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: President Trump

#8068

Post by MsDaisy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:12 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:42 pm
RTH10260 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Will this make some Republicans consider impeachment ?
No.
:yeah:
In fact I don't think they'd consider it even if video went viral of Trump having sex with his daughter Ivanka on the desk of the Oval Office. (Not claiming any such video exists, just making an extreme example) Seriously, it seems like nothing this ass wipe of an excuse for a human being, let alone the President of the United States does makes one bit of difference with Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, or any other republican. That is seriously fucked up! Every fucking one of them that doesn't stand against Trump stands with him, and I hope none of them are ever able to wipe that stink off when this is all said and done. Especially Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan. :madguy:


Birfers are toast

User avatar
TollandRCR
Posts: 20381
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: President Trump

#8069

Post by TollandRCR » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:24 pm

When Trump is gone in 2020 what will these “Republican Leaders” have left? The shards of a political party?

I believe the country needs an honest Conservative party.


“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

User avatar
RoadScholar
Posts: 6978
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:25 am
Location: Baltimore
Occupation: Historic Restoration Woodworker
Contact:

Re: President Trump

#8070

Post by RoadScholar » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Small solace: the estimation of posterity is slow but brutal.


The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Post Reply

Return to “Trump Administration”