Bundy related gossip and discussion

Northland10

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

Post by Northland10 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:01 am

Whip wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:14 am
After a stormy year,
I guess every 2018 news story will be starting like this from now on.
Damn you, I'm on the quiet car.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:11 am

poplove wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:16 am
maydijo wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:34 pm
This is pure speculation on my part, but it seems like this guy was either seriously ill or addicted to drugs to the point where he was pretty much bedridden and incapacitated, hence, although they shared a cell, Mel would check on him.
I did a little research in PACER. John Edwards was indicted for "CONSPIRACY TO SELL UNREGISTERED SECURITIES, TO MAKE FALSE STATEMENTS TO SEC, TO DESIST FROM FILING PERIODIC REPORTS, AND TO COMMIT SECURITIES FRAUD." Case title: USA v. Turino et al

He disappeared according to this Review Journal article: https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/ ... -judgment/

Another article about his extradition: https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/loc ... las-vegas/

And this recent article about Turino mentions Edwards' declining health. https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/cou ... ud-scheme/
Nice find! Snippet from the last article - they all sound nice. And is the other defendant really named "Jihad"?
One of them is alleged co-conspirator John Edwards, the defendant whose health has been declining. Edwards described Turino as a “master mind fraudster” and sent a letter to court that accuses him of stealing “my discovery documents and all my legal work.”

The other is a former cellmate of Turino’s who is being detained in Nevada pending trial on charges of wire fraud and money laundering in an unrelated case. Jihad Anthony Zogheib has sent numerous letters to the court accusing Turino of kidnapping his wife, Donna Walker Zogheib. Walker Zogheib spoke at the sentencing hearing on Turino’s behalf and said she was in the process of annulling her marriage.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:36 pm

New trailer for the "Lavoy: Dead Man Talking" movie. They included audio of him requesting the police to shoot him.

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Grand Jury Transcripts Give New Insight Into Finicum Shooting
Grand jury transcripts made public Thursday provide new details about the 2016 arrest of the leaders of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation and the shooting death of their spokesman, Robert “LaVoy” Finicum.

The new documents are only a portion of what the grand jury heard. But the transcripts give insight into the testimony and evidence the jury assessed before they indicted FBI special agent W. Joseph Astarita. Prosecutors have charged Astarita with several counts of making false statements to investigators and obstructing justice after the shooting.

<Snip>

Other documents released tell new details about how officers processed the shooting scene. They say Finicum laid in the snow, handcuffed for about 12 hours after he died.
The handcuffs I understand, SOP, but does anyone have an idea as to why they'd have left him in the snow for near 12 hrs?

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:14 pm

GlimDropper wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:59 pm
Grand Jury Transcripts Give New Insight Into Finicum Shooting
Grand jury transcripts made public Thursday provide new details about the 2016 arrest of the leaders of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation and the shooting death of their spokesman, Robert “LaVoy” Finicum.

The new documents are only a portion of what the grand jury heard. But the transcripts give insight into the testimony and evidence the jury assessed before they indicted FBI special agent W. Joseph Astarita. Prosecutors have charged Astarita with several counts of making false statements to investigators and obstructing justice after the shooting.

<Snip>

Other documents released tell new details about how officers processed the shooting scene. They say Finicum laid in the snow, handcuffed for about 12 hours after he died.
The handcuffs I understand, SOP, but does anyone have an idea as to why they'd have left him in the snow for near 12 hrs?
I don't know how one it would take, but in processing a scene, especially in a shooting, they would be looking at distances and angles along with keeping all evidence as undisturbed as possible.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:52 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:14 pm
I don't know how one it would take, but in processing a scene, especially in a shooting, they would be looking at distances and angles along with keeping all evidence as undisturbed as possible.
I suspect that waiting for daylight also was a part of it.

Delusion: A poot who thinks that he/she is one of "we the people." ;)

Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Whip wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:24 pm
Dolly wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:31 pm
I have only listened to a couple of minutes. I may continue later. (ETA when I have 1 HOUR to waste)
Apparently, she doesn't like the idea they need to get permits for protests or rallies. MLK didn't. She isn't sure about the recent 2A rallies in various locations.
Kelli Stewart was live.
1 hr ·
Protesting 101. What works and what doesn’t. It’s not popular to speak up and go against the grain but it is necessary when doing things like we’ve always done just isnt working.

couple of the comments (I haven't read all of them>

Jo Rae Perkins · 12:58 Don't the permits give competing groups who want to be there the same time, the group who gets the platform? for example - GGWG v gun grabbers?
Betty Wentz · 19:53 I, too, don't think we should get the permits. I agree with your words today, Kelli!!!

Luana Elliott · 1:00:12 We should start by protecting and helping those veterans that are being incarcerated
Luana Elliott · 57:37 How about we all record in the court rooms.
Luana Elliott · 57:11 The only way people will know what goes on in the cout room is if they can see what really goes on in there!

(Luana Elliott was the woman that got caught recording one of the hearings in Portland.)
is she referring to her protest about taking care of her family?
Summary:

If you’re requesting a permit to hold a rally, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. SHAME ON YOU!

If you’re not at a prison telling prison staff that THEY are the domestic terrorists, then SHAME ON YOU!

If you’re not doing things the way Krazi Kelli demands, then SHAME ON YOU!

There’s some other stuff in there, but it’s utter bullshit.

Oh, and Krazi Kel really resents being called a ‘pom pom patriot’.

She starts screaming towards the end.

Fin.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:41 pm

She’s ill. Seriously.

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:55 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:52 pm
Northland10 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:14 pm
I suspect that waiting for daylight also was a part of it.
well freezing snow would be just as good as the morgue cooler right?

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:14 pm

Jerry Mander wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:34 pm

She always starts screaming. This is her MO - start out slow with that fake-smile of hers, then build to a crescendo where she's just yelling, and then calm down again and end with a sad face.

I was going to write "where she's just yelling nonsense" but the truth is, everything between the fake smile and the sad face is all nonsense, so there's no reason to differentiate the yelled nonsense from the rest of it.

Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:54 pm

maydijo wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:14 pm
Jerry Mander wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:34 pm

She always starts screaming. This is her MO - start out slow with that fake-smile of hers, then build to a crescendo where she's just yelling, and then calm down again and end with a sad face.

I was going to write "where she's just yelling nonsense" but the truth is, everything between the fake smile and the sad face is all nonsense, so there's no reason to differentiate the yelled nonsense from the rest of it.
Obviously, there’s some mental illness going on. What I find interesting (or sad) is that the theo-constitutionalist/anarcho-libertarian utopia she so desperately wants isn’t going to happen. The Bundy cult is comprised of very few people and she’s already alienated at least half of them. She’s only a few degrees away from being a raving vagrant screaming at cars at a downtown intersection.

Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:59 pm

Jerry Mander wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:54 pm
Obviously, there’s some mental illness going on. What I find interesting (or sad) is that the theo-constitutionalist/anarcho-libertarian utopia she so desperately wants isn’t going to happen. The Bundy cult is comprised of very few people and she’s already alienated at least half of them. She’s only a few degrees away from being a raving vagrant screaming at cars at a downtown intersection.
I'm beginning to wonder if she's teetering on the cliff of a psychotic break.

We don't need another Amanda Miller https://lasvegassun.com/news/2014/jun/09/look/r.

Delusion: A poot who thinks that he/she is one of "we the people." ;)

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Jerry Mander wrote:
Except she has a loving, enabling patriot husband who to all appearances thinks this is normal and goes along with it.

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Jerry Mander wrote:

It's also not going to happen because it's an entirely dysfunctional system of government. Can you imagine if they actually DID get the government they wanted?

I'm pretty sure if you go back far enough in her Facebook feed you'll find footage of her screaming at cars at a downtown intersection. Isn't that how she spent most of the Portland trial?

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:44 pm

I watched a video by the dude that claims to be in charge of threepers for 7 Western states. Evidently there was a threeper meeting in WA a couple of days ago. He says Discovery Channel was there interviewing them and videoing etc. He says it was Philip Mudd. Must be working on something I guess. Mr. Sniper wasn't there but the "leader" of the ID threepers was - Mr. Sniper is training him. If you want to watch his nonsense it is here.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:47 pm

maydijo wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:37 pm
I'm pretty sure if you go back far enough in her Facebook feed you'll find footage of her screaming at cars at a downtown intersection. Isn't that how she spent most of the Portland trial?
What got my attention about her was when she was going on about an older woman on the jury who was well dressed, like this was something completely past her understanding, which made her resentful.

Whip

Post by Whip » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:29 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:27 pm
Jerry Mander wrote:
Except she has a loving, enabling patriot husband who to all appearances thinks this is normal and goes along with it.
allegedly :mrgreen:

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:32 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:47 pm
maydijo wrote:
What got my attention about her was when she was going on about an older woman on the jury who was well dressed, like this was something completely past her understanding, which made her resentful.
Yeah, that was a weird one. My grandma was extremely well-dressed. (I mean, for the era. Polyester pant suits for the win!) She was fastidious about her appearance - never a hair out of place. She was also married to a farmer, the daughter of homesteaders, and knew more about land's right's issues than all the Bundys put together. Which, admittedly, isn't saying much. I'm pretty sure our sheep know more about land's right's issues than all of the Bundys put together, and they're as dumb as they come. But still.

Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:38 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:47 pm
maydijo wrote:
Oh, I recall Krazi Kel's obvious outrage at the jury selection for the Nevada trial. She did not like the fact that the jury was diverse. Because a jury comprised of anything other than white, male ranchers would not be a jury of Bundy peers (and in her mind, would have been less likely to acquit). She viewed the diverse jury selection as a rigging of the trial.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:56 am

Northland10 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:01 am
Whip wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:14 am
After a stormy year,
I guess every 2018 news story will be starting like this from now on.
Damn you, I'm on the quiet car.
No one done a "It was a dark and stormy night" joke yet?

Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

poplove

Post by poplove » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:48 pm

Very interesting article on the idiot :crazy: running for governor:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/salvadorhernan ... .dfe3QpY7j

If you're afraid of the answer, then don't ask the question.

realist

Post by realist » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:35 pm

poplove wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:48 pm
Very interesting article on the idiot :crazy: running for governor:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/salvadorhernan ... .dfe3QpY7j
"Interesting" is one way to put it.
Most notably, perhaps, Bundy believes Washington has no authority to manage the vast public lands in the West — including his family's ranch in Bunkerville, Nevada —although most legal scholars and federal judges who have heard the Bundys' case against the government disagree.

His campaign is also informed by a more extreme ideology, including a full menu of conspiracy theories, debunked suspicions, and anti-gay views. In an interview with BuzzFeed News, Bundy said he believes "chemtrails" are being sprayed from aircraft on the unsuspecting public for unknown but nefarious reasons, that he suspects former president Barack Obama is not a US citizen, and that being gay is "sick and wrong."

"There shouldn't be any homosexuality," he said. "That is just a disease."
:brickwallsmall:

ImageX 4 ImageX36

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:05 pm

I can think of lots of effective ways of taking care of Ryan Bundy's bid for office, but one that I think of that would be most effective - real ranchers. Political advertisements that feature snippets of real Nevada ranchers talking about the Bundys would probably do much to undercut him among voters who don't know much about Ryan and his family of origin.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:50 pm

Fake news. The article kept referring to him as a rancher. They omitted that he's a watermelon rancher, leaving readers with the impression that he actually raises livestock.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:02 pm

Jerry Mander wrote:
Obviously, there’s some mental illness going on.
A quick and dirty primer on the difference between a mental illness and a personality disorder.

A person with a mental illness makes his/her own life hell.
A person with a personality disorder makes other people's lives hell.

I would argue that the vast majority of people we follow here - poots, SovCits, birthers, etc - are people with personality disorders, not mental illnesses, because the impact predominantly affects others. Themselves, yes, a bit - but mostly others (family members, employers, the people they choose as their targets).

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”