Yes, there has been Voting Machine Tampering

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Yes, there has been Voting Machine Tampering

Post by Flatpoint High »

https://www.thebulwark.com/voting-machi ... aga-house/
After months of being promised by the former President and his stooges that Dominion Voting Systems had RIGGED the election, we finally have our first credible investigation into voting machine tampering.

The lede in Monday’s Grand Junction Sentinel brings the Kraken: “The Mesa County Clerk’s Office is under investigation…for a breach in security over its election system.”

A breach! It’s Happening!!!

But no, the breach wasn’t coming from the anti-Trump deep state. Instead, the clerk who is under investigation for tampering with the county election system is Tina Peters, a fervent supporter of Donald Trump and amateur vaccine science aficionado, who appears to have executed a self-own of historic proportion.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
much ado

Re: Yes, there has been Voting Machine Tampering

Post by much ado »

Here's a video she made in 2018 when she was running for office, in case you want to know what she looks and sounds like...

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

It's not this lady herself who is under investigation but her office:
The Mesa County clerk’s office is under investigation for an alleged security breach of its voting system, the Colorado secretary of state's office said Monday.

According to Secretary of State Jena Griswold's office, several components of Mesa County’s voting system were published on social media, including images that appeared to show the passwords specific to the individual hardware station.

The secretary of state's office said the breach did not occur during an election and “has not created an imminent direct threat to Colorado’s elections.”

in https://www.gjsentinel.com/news/colorad ... l-fallback
link to this article was within the article mentioned in prior post at https://www.thebulwark.com/voting-machi ... aga-house/
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

This will fuck with the AZ fraudit. This incident shows exactly why the server/routers bs shouldn't be released to CN.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Some of them will try to scream that "tada" see machines can be tampered with even though, it can only be done by a few people and, indeed was noticed. In other words, you can try to tamper but there are other security systems in place to help stop that.

I guess I could go rob a bank to show that banks can be robbed but, well.
101010 :towel:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

northland10 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:29 pm Some of them will try to scream that "tada" see machines can be tampered with even though, it can only be done by a few people and, indeed was noticed. In other words, you can try to tamper but there are other security systems in place to help stop that.

It's like when James o'queef tries to claim there's voter fraud by going out and actually committing voter fraud
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
LM K

Post by LM K »

Tina Peters is a horrible person.

The attempted recall of Mesa County’s clerk comes up short. But the battle over her office isn’t over.
An attempt to gather enough signatures to force a recall vote for controversial Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters has fallen shy of the minimum 12,129 needed signers. But that doesn’t mean one of the county’s ugliest political skirmishes in modern times is over.

Clerk Tina Peters will remain in the job without a voter challenge in spite of multiple perceived shortcomings. They include the biggie of overlooking 574 ballots in a drop-box outside the clerk’s office front door for months following the 2019 general election. Those forgotten ballots triggered the recall effort that fell about 1,200 signatures shy by the deadline Monday. They also triggered an investigation by the Secretary of State’s Office which resulted in the appointment of an outside overseer and outside help for Peters’ office.

Since then, Peters’ has, by many accounts, hired competent and experienced employees in her office. She reportedly did not have problems with the recent primary election. In fact, she boasted of having results returned more quickly than any other county in the state.

But other perceived failings have been stacking up with recall backers. Those recall promoters formally asked the Mesa County Commissioners Monday to appoint an unbiased board to look into new “malfeasance” they have uncovered using open records requests. Those allegations include Peters remodeling her home without obtaining needed building permits; registering a vehicle at an address other than her own to avoid taxes; using her county purchasing card to buy alcohol; filing false police reports targeting recall backers; and releasing personal information about past and present employees.
:snippity:

Defeated recall backers are still claiming a victory of sorts for collecting a record number of signatures for a single ballot issue in Mesa County and for having signers that were split between Republicans (Peters’ party affiliation), Democrats and Independents. They also say the recall effort brought attention to problems in the office and forced Peters to make changes that have helped make the office more functional.

“I do believe we forced her to make changes. There will be enough scrutiny of her and her office now,” said Patti Inscho, a former clerk’s office employee who was hired by the Mesa County Commissioners to help Peters, a political neophyte, put things in order.

Peters fired Inscho after two months and after she alleged that Inscho did not do the work assigned to her. Inscho said Peters did not allow her to do her job. Inscho later joined the recall effort.

That dispute highlights the acrimonious spiral the controversy has taken recently. Peters’ top deputy Belinda Knisley filed a police report accusing Inscho of failing to work during the pandemic. On her Facebook page, Peters alleged that Inscho only worked three days during her 60 days on the job. Law enforcement dismissed the report with no action.

“It is surreal,” Inscho said. “I never thought that someone would stoop to that level of falsehoods.”

Ballots blowing in the wind
The storm over Peters’ office began with the revelation of the forgotten ballots in February. Former employees and officials of the clerk’s office – a number of them Republicans – added a list of other perceived problems in the petition for the recall. Those included questionable expenses, improper election procedures, a costly decision to end historic election relationships with two Mesa County municipalities, and a mass exodus of employees after Peters took over in 2019. Twenty-four of 36 employees quit just prior to her term or in the months after.

Peters was also dinged for ballots flying in the wind out of a drive-up ballot box in front of her office in the recent primary election. She blamed a conspiracy by her enemies for staging the blowing ballots. She asked for a police investigation, but that went nowhere.

Still to come in the clerk’s office controversy: Inscho filed a report with the Secretary of State’s office alleging that Peters committed 15 election violations. Those allegations have yet to be ruled on. Also, Simonton has completed a detailed 18-page report on her observations of Peters’ office. That report must be reviewed by the Secretary of State before it is released.

Recall backers said their next order of business is to shred the recall petitions. They fear that Peters would retaliate against signers if she had access to them.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
tek

Post by tek »

LOCK HER UP
LM K

Post by LM K »

This is disturbing af.

Colorado secretary of state accuses county clerk's office of assisting QAnon-affiliated leak of voting machine logins
In announcing the revoking of some Mesa County voting machines -- their logins appeared in a video by an individual affiliated with QAnon -- Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold on Thursday also accused the county's clerk, Tina Peters, of assisting in the election system security breach.

During a news conference detailing her order, Griswold said her staff had inspected the county's voting machines and video surveillance system on Tuesday, but could not "establish a verifiable chain of custody for any of the voting systems components in Mesa County and cannot establish confidence in the integrity or security of those components."

Griswold went further and accused Peters of having a hand in facilitating the leak. "I think this is troubling for the entire state of Colorado, to have someone in a trusted position, literally trusted to protect democracy, allow this type of situation to occur," Griswold told reporters Thursday. "To be very clear, Mesa County Clerk and Recorder allowed a security breach and, by all evidence at this point, assisted it."

Griswold also confirmed that the 21st Judicial District Attorney in Mesa County, Dan Rubinstein, has opened a criminal investigation into the leak.

Tuesday night, while appearing onstage at Mike Lindell's 2020 Cyber Symposium in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Peters discussed the secretary of state's investigation.

"I've been persecuted," she told the crowd. "I've been accused of passing down or allowing someone to, uh, expose our passwords in our elections office." :violin:

Without supporting evidence, Peters claimed that Griswold "weaponized her position to attack people that disagree with her" and had targeted her because she is a Republican.

Griswold's office: 'Non-employee' attended secure meeting

During its investigation, the secretary of state's office found that a "non-employee" had attended a May 25 "trusted build" meeting where closely guarded voting machine login credentials were visible to attendees. Griswold said her employees had been misled to believe that the "non-employee" in question was a county employee.

A source briefed on the investigation described the "trusted build" as a routine meeting between county and state officials in a secure setting. Only the clerk, her office's employees, Dominion Voting Systems staff and representatives from the secretary of state's office were allowed to attend.

Griswold's order states that video footage from surveillance cameras inside the clerk's office, which should have showed the "trusted build" meeting, was missing.

"The evidence suggests that the Mesa County Clerk's office directed Mesa County staff to turn off video surveillance of the voting equipment prior to the May 25, 2021
trusted build," the order states. "The video surveillance cameras were not turned back on until August, which is inconsistent with the Department's understanding of the normal course of business practice in Mesa County."

According to Griswold's order, after the May 25 meeting, tamper seals were not placed on the machines "until 1-2 days after the May 25, 2021 trusted build installation."

The secretary of state says the login credentials -- unique to Mesa County -- that were present at the May 25 meeting are the same ones seen in the video that was put forth in a Telegram
channel affiliated with a leading figure in the QAnon movement.

At the Lindell Cyber Symposium, Peters questioned why only the secretary of state's office would have the logins, saying, "That's a question that we need answers to, and we're going to find it."
Of course, Peters pulled this shit while CN was engaging in all kinds of batshittery.

The "trusted building" meeting happened on May 25. The AZ fraudit returned to the coliseum after a 10 day break ... on May 25.

Thankfully Peters and the "non-empliyee" had no idea what they were doing; they didn't redact info that led right back to their dept.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:31 pm
From the article:
Allowing an unauthorized person such access could lead to a felony criminal charge.
I'll be furious if Peters walks away without at least one felony conviction.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

LM K wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:19 am :snippity:

I'll be furious if Peters walks away without at least one felony conviction.
Invest in Valium....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

LM K wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:19 am I'll be furious if Peters walks away without at least one felony conviction.
Well, she didn:t download any copyrighted material, didn:t embarrass anyone important, and did not cost any companies money.. so her cyber crime will probably go unpunished.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

She's...not very bright. Or at least ignorant of basic election systems.
Peters speaks at My Pillow event, says little
During her short address, Peters questioned why county clerks are required to do certain things, such as back up computer systems and change passwords.

She equated ballot scanners with normal ones, and questioned why such security measures are needed to protect them.

“It’s just a scanner,” Peters said. “Why do they need these backdoor passwords that the Secretary of State obviously has? If those passwords were compromised, why can’t they just change them?”

Peters didn’t provide any evidence that showed any possible problems with the integrity of the machines, even though she has said in the past that the county’s elections were conducted fairly and securely.
https://www.gjsentinel.com/news/western ... 26478.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

And not for nothing, but Biden lost Mesa County by a lot.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

bob wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:57 pm And not for nothing, but Biden lost Mesa County by a lot.
Boebert killed it there too, but it is historically very red so :shrug:

This nonsense certainly calls the vote there into question though.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

northland10 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:29 pm Some of them will try to scream that "tada" see machines can be tampered with even though, it can only be done by a few people and, indeed was noticed. In other words, you can try to tamper but there are other security systems in place to help stop that.

And, others will claim that this investigation is just another example of the deep state attempting to intimidate the patriots who are trying to insure election integrity, which lack of integrity has been definitively proven by the fact that the election was "stolen" by Joe Biden. After all, we all know that that was impossible, so the fact that Biden was declared the winner "proves" that the election was fraudulent.

Its interesting. So far, every verified case of election fraud that I have heard of (and there have been literally two or three) has been perpetrated by Republicans. And that doesn't even count the Republican's campaign of voter suppression, which IMHO is a form of election fraud.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Peters is fucked.
Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters and two others entered a secure area of the Election Division in the dark of night days before a scheduled upgrade of the system in May and made two copies of a main computer hard drive in violation of security protocols, the Secretary of State’s Office announced Monday.

Peters, the mysterious Gerald Wood, and a high-ranking Election Division staff worker whose name is not being revealed by The Daily Sentinel at this time, entered that secure area late at night on Sunday, May 23, when no one else was in the office, the Secretary of State’s Office says.

While there, the three allegedly made copies of the hard drive, including copies of election management software. That information later was displayed at a voter-fraud symposium hosted by the My Pillow guy Mike Lindell in South Dakota last week in an attempt to prove that Dominion Voting Systems election equipment can be hacked or tampered with.

During that event, which Peters traveled to and spoke at, she told the audience that the hard drives, or information from them, were not from her office. She then added that they could have been removed when investigators executed a search warrant of her office, which she called “a raid.”

That timeline also corresponds with an order either by Peters or an elections manager to turn off surveillance cameras in the room,
which are supposed to be working continuously when someone is in the room. Those cameras weren’t turned back on again until earlier this month.

COMPUTER LOGS VERIFY ENTRANCE
The Secretary of State’s Office says it knows who was in the room at the time based on computer logs of swipe cards that were used to unlock secure doors in that part of Peters’ office. Wood apparently had such a card even though he isn’t an employee of the clerk’s office.

As a result, anything that was on that hard drive when it was accessed outside of the clerk’s office is suspect, the Secretary of State’s Office said.

Sources tell The Daily Sentinel that this new information is expected to prompt Secretary of State Jena Griswold to order the full takeover of the county’s elections division,and expects to appoint someone from outside the office to oversee future elections here.
I have a mental image of Peters entering the elections office dressed as a ninja.

ETA: might Dominion file a lawsuit against Peters and Mesa County?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I guess Peters will enjoy some prolongated time in a secure place in the near future without any access card. :think:
tek

Post by tek »

These knuckleheads didn't think that maybe keycard accesses are gonna be recorded?

Brilliant!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

If they could make Gerald Wood a scan card, couldn't they make one for Mickey Mouse?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

At the pillow guy's event, Tina said she's a cancer survivor and lost her son in war so she has no more fuc*s to give.

Who knows? Colorado Public Radio News:
Dueling Election Appointments In Mesa County Clerk Controversy
By Megan Verlee and Bente Birkeland
August 18, 2021

Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters may not administer the local election this fall. But if not her, it is still not clear who will. On Tuesday, Secretary of State Jena Griswold announced Peters will be barred from overseeing the election, due to evidence that she facilitated a major security breach in her office. Peters is accused of helping unauthorized people copy the hard drives of sensitive election equipment and release that information on the internet. Griswold named Mesa County's former clerk Sheila Reiner — who is now the county treasurer — to step in for the next election. To assist Reiner, Griswold named an advisory panel that includes state Rep. Janice Rich, who is also a past Mesa County Clerk, former Secretary of State Bernie Buescher, and Ouray Clerk and Recorder Michelle Nauer. Reiner and Rich are Republicans, Buescher is a Democrat, Nauer ran as a Republican but the Grand Junction Sentinel reports she recently switched to unaffiliated. “The people of Mesa County deserve safe and secure elections. I am confident that with these appointments, voters in Mesa will be able to exercise their constitutional right to have their voices heard in our democracy,” said Griswold in a release announcing the appointment. The release notes the County Clerks Association supports the Secretary in naming Reiner to oversee the election.

However the Grand Junction Sentinel reports Mesa county commissioners believe they should make the choice, not the secretary of state. At a special meeting Tuesday evening, the three members voted unanimously to select former Secretary of State Wayne Williams to take on the role. Williams, a Republican, lost to Griswold in 2018. He currently serves on the Colorado Springs City Council and is in private practice offering election consulting services. It's unknown how the conflict will be resolved.

Even as state and local officials wrangle over who will oversee the upcoming election, new information continues to emerge about the alleged security breach in the clerk’s office. The Secretary of State said investigations have uncovered evidence that Peters took an unauthorized person, known by the name Gerald Wood, into the secure area where election equipment is stored at the clerk’s office, days before a software update this spring. The same man was allowed to be present for the secure update by claiming to be a staff member. Investigators say someone in the clerk’s office ordered cameras in the election equipment storage room shut off sometime before the security breach. They were only turned back on recently. Last week, it appears copies of election hard drives made before and after the software update may have been presented at a ‘cyber symposium’ put on by election conspiracy theorist Mike Lindell.

Griswold’s office said two other staffers in Peters’ office, Deputy Clerk Belinda Knisley and Sandra Brown, played a role in the data breach; Griswold’s order bans both of them from participating in the upcoming election. In addition to the Secretary of State’s investigation, the local district attorney and the FBI are investigating potentially criminal violations. Peters’ only public comments on the investigation came during her appearance at the symposium in South Dakota; she has accused Griswold of being on a political witch hunt against her because she is a conservative Republican.
https://www.cpr.org/2021/08/18/dueling- ... ntroversy/

PS: Might be good to put Tina Peters' name in the topic title so folks know where to post.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”