To what are you listening?

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I hated the BIG HAIR era. My ebal step momster would not cut my hair proper.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Oh another one from R.E.M., neon's fav music group.

And a bonus--- google deduced I wanted to hear this I guess. It just started playing on its own after R.E.M. um, okay. Damn AI.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Thinking about the DNC in Chicago.

Plus ça change...

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

This could go into the women that deserve notice thread. I swear she needs a record label that will put some money i to promotion.

Saw her a few years back at the Aussie "Byron Bay Blues Fest". She absolutly KICKED ASS big time. Unfortunately music festivals are dying for lack of insurance.

Joanne Shaw Taylor : "Tied and Bound" from the album "Songs From The Road" which is full of great live performances.

Volume controls to 11.

Edit: In the world of 'greatest covers' Taylor's cover of Hendrix' Manic Depression give Hendrix cover of All Along The Watchtower a run for its money - IMHO
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Billy Joel disrupts Igudesman & Joo in concert with "Baby Grand"

IGUDESMAN JOO
10 Feb 2019

Baby Grand- music and lyrics by Billy Joel
Arrangement by Igudesman & Joo
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Child Prodigy Hears Jon Batiste For The First Time

Pianote
30 Aug 2024

Meet Jude Keyz (Jude Kofie)—an extraordinary 12-year-old with perfect pitch and an incredible gift for music. Born prematurely and later diagnosed with Autism, Jude has overcome countless challenges to become a true piano wiz at such a young age. In this video, Jude hears Jon Batiste's 'I Need You' for the very first time, and his performance will leave you speechless. Watch as Jude's musical instincts kick in, showcasing his unbelievable talent and deep connection with the piano.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

I discovered German conductor Wilhelm Furtwangler from records in the Music Library at college. For many years I collected his recordings which could be a challenge since many of the studio recordings were out of print and most of his recordings were live recordings that often where never published.

Today, thanks to YouTube, many of his once hard to find recordings are just a few mouse clicks away. :biggrin:

This recording is from his first concert after the occupation authorities certified that he was not a Nazi.

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Having time on my hands with Mrs. V in Italy I have been wandering around YouTube.

There I found not one, not two, but three complete video performances of Wagner's massive four opera Ring Cycle. Wow! :o :shock: These are by the Vienna State Opera, Opera North in Leeds England and the Bayreuth Festival in Germany.

There they are. Just waiting on YouTube to be discovered.

Just go to YouTube and search for Ring Cycle.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Good news! There is a 4th complete Ring Cycle on YouTube. This one is by the Metropolitan Opera.

This might be the one to watch if you are only watching one. The staging and costumes are very traditional. No modern dress. No mostly empty stages. Most of Wagner's directions are followed. Siegfried cleaves the anvil in two, The Gibichung Hall collapses. Valhalla burns. It also has the best Siegfried not only in voice but also in appearance. This Siegfried looks young and virile and not like a balding, paunchy middle-aged man.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:21 pm Good news! There is a 4th complete Ring Cycle on YouTube. This one is by the Metropolitan Opera.

This might be the one to watch if you are only watching one. The staging and costumes are very traditional. No modern dress. No mostly empty stages. Most of Wagner's directions are followed. Siegfried cleaves the anvil in two, The Gibichung Hall collapses. Valhalla burns. It also has the best Siegfried not only in voice but also in appearance. This Siegfried looks young and virile and not like a balding, paunchy middle-aged man.
Is that the late 1980s Otto Schenk production with James Morris as Woton in Die Walkure? The end of that one is amazing. I love how expressive Morris is and not just a park and bark. He sings with such dynamic contrast on it that he pulls you in.

The MET is doing a new production soon. I guess Lepage's Ring cycle machine is done.
101010 :towel:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Here is the last nine or so minutes of that Die Walkure production with James Morris. This one is without subtitles, sorry. Executive summary: he is putting his daughter into a ring of fire (it's punishment), and this is him singing goodbye.

101010 :towel:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

I think so. The video is standard definition. Unable to confirm on my phone because there are so many other Met Wagner performances that flood my searches.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The Copenhagen Ring

Ok, I give up.

Here is a fourth complete video Ring Cycle on YouTube.

In addition to the video versions I have mentioned you can find several audio versions by Furtwangler (2 versions), Knappertsbusch, Solti, Karajan. and others on YouTube.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Carls Santana and Alice Coltrane: Divine Light (Reconstruction & Mix Translation By Bill Laswell)

Selections from the albums "Illuminations" by Carlos 'Devadip' Santana and Alice Coltrane, and "Love Devotion Surrender" by Carlos Santana and John 'Mahavishnu' McLauglin.
Remixed by Bill Laswell

Angel of Light from Illuminations

A Love Supreme from Love Devotion Surrender.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet

Return to “Arts, Music, Photography, and stuff like that”