Frater Insanctus*Insanctorum

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Quebec City is a pretty cool place. It has some of the best "old world" architecture in North America and some pretty nice restaurants.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Good luck!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:10 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:03 pm Nice, congrats! Sorry aboot the Canadia thing.
I have no problem with Canada, it's just the hoops I'll have to jump through to enter due to my ancient DUI convection...in Canada a DUI can be charged as a felony...

I'm sure our resident canuck Jem can elaborate :batting:
Quebec City is amazing! It’s like being in Europe.

I don’t actually know about the DUI. I’ve never had a license. :lol:

I’ll see if I can find anything out for you.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Plenty of good Junior and Senior hockey to watch!
:blissy: :blissy: :blissy:
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Here’s what I found! Canada is one of the strictest countries for DUI in the West. But there’s good news! If you only have one DUI and it was more than 5 years ago, there is a way to get it permanently excused for entry to Canada.

https://www.canadavisa.com/entering-can ... %20legally.

Good luck! You’ll love Quebec City and you’ll be close to Montreal.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

The law changed in 2018. Since your DUI was before that, you should be considered “deemed rehabilitated.” They recommend getting a letter from a lawyer beforehand though in case you get a custom’s officer having a bad day.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

The seasons in Canadia are a little different. Winter is from October to May, sometimes June. Then you get a month of Spring followed a month or so of Summer. That's punctuated with Fall in September, and then you're back to Winter. It's all well planned, and Yes - there is a light switch at the national Capital to turn Winter on and off on schedule. Nobody wants to miss Summer.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

bill_g wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:02 am The seasons in Canadia are a little different. Winter is from October to May, sometimes June. Then you get a month of Spring followed a month or so of Summer. That's punctuated with Fall in September, and then you're back to Winter. It's all well planned, and Yes - there is a light switch at the national Capital to turn Winter on and off on schedule. Nobody wants to miss Summer.
You forgot the Canadark season when Canada doesn’t receive sunlight for 4 months ;) ;) :kiss:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

jemcanada2 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:54 am
bill_g wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:02 am The seasons in Canadia are a little different. Winter is from October to May, sometimes June. Then you get a month of Spring followed a month or so of Summer. That's punctuated with Fall in September, and then you're back to Winter. It's all well planned, and Yes - there is a light switch at the national Capital to turn Winter on and off on schedule. Nobody wants to miss Summer.
You forgot the Canadark season when Canada doesn’t receive sunlight for 4 months ;) ;) :kiss:
I was saving that for you. Didn't want to hog the glamour. You know.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

What does an airline Rep do?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:twisted: sells them airlines missing door plugs ....

► Show Spoiler
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:03 am What does an airline Rep do?
That's the guy who makes each bag of mixed nuts comes with exactly 5 peanuts, 2 almonds, & ½ a cashew.
Image Image Image Image
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Wow. I gotta digest this. Congratulations, and it sounds like a good one. :bighug:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Estiveo wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:45 am
That's the guy who makes each bag of mixed nuts comes with exactly 5 peanuts, 2 almonds, & ½ a cashew.
Frater will be GREAT!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

jemcanada2 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:48 am Here’s what I found! Canada is one of the strictest countries for DUI in the West. But there’s good news! If you only have one DUI and it was more than 5 years ago, there is a way to get it permanently excused for entry to Canada.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

For the record I was never implying that you had ever driven under the influence [indeed seems like you've never driven :lol: ] just that you would have insight due to Canada having the toughest DUI laws in North America.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:12 pm
jemcanada2 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:48 am Here’s what I found! Canada is one of the strictest countries for DUI in the West. But there’s good news! If you only have one DUI and it was more than 5 years ago, there is a way to get it permanently excused for entry to Canada.

For the record I was never implying that you had ever driven under the influence [indeed seems like you've never driven :lol: ] just that you would have insight due to Canada having the toughest DUI laws in North America.
And from Van Balion's videos, they don't much care for "free man on the land" weirdos, either.
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

They represent [ :rimshot: ] an airline at an MRO [Maintenance, Repair, & Overhaul] station where the airline is contracting out work, some of the things they do:

Audit maintenance documentation [both during and after work is complete] to ensure all work is recorded and signed off, proper tech data is being used, and ensuring all 8130-3 [Airworthiness Certificate] form are part of the records. Also ensuring that the write ups conform to the airline's records process.

Complete and file SDR [Service Difficulty Report] and Form 337 [Major Repair or Alteration] documents with the FAA and any other necessary regulatory agencies.

Ensures that all parts removed from the aircraft are properly tagged, and placed on proper parts rack [Serviceable or Unserviceable], parts that can be rebuilt are sent to the airline shops, and that scrap parts are destroyed.

Order and track any parts that need to come from the airline to the MRO

Ensure that maintenance work also [too] is following the procedures laid out in the Repair Station, QC and QA manuals.

That's the short list
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer

:bighug:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Ah - You're the guy that ensures all the checks on the page are not the same size and at the same angle (indicating that someone was checking boxes, not work).
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

I understand neither the A&P nor the Rep position require it but do you have a pilot's license of any flavor?
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

qbawl wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:46 pm I understand neither the A&P nor the Rep position require it but do you have a pilot's license of any flavor?
Dear Cthulhu no.

Reason A: It's expensive as hell to get one...

Reason 2: The only way I go up in a single engine aircraft [what you have to start out flying] is if it has an ejection seat...

Reason Echo: Did I mention it's expensive... :think:

Trent Reznor
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

I know it's expensive. Back in the day a guy I worked with was using the GI bill to get his commercial license. He had to log hours in a low wing single engine Mooney. He would let me take the controls after a while and even practice stall recoveries, pretty much everything but takeoffs and landings. It was a total blast.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

I’ve never been pulled over by RIDE (Reduce Impaired Drivers Everywhere) but probably should have been pulled over by RIPE (Reduce Impaired Pedestrians Everywhere) :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

If such a thing existed ;) ;)
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Estiveo wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:45 am
And who ensures that each such bag is marked: "WARNING: This bag may contain nuts"?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

John Thomas8 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:22 pm

And from Van Balion's videos, they don't much care for "free man on the land" weirdos, either.
I love how the Mounties have the stupid sovcits in handcuffs within a few minutes of getting out of their cruisers. :lol: :lol:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”