Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
RVInit

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

Post by RVInit »

10 minutes after he gets it back it goes on sale, a la George Zimmerman. He'll say he just happens to need the money, and at the time he said he would destroy it he meant it but now he simply can't afford to destroy it.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Destroying it would mean he’s sad about what he did. Those travels and smiley photos tell a different story.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Not to mention Eyebrows.

He could sell pieces of the gun barrel online and probably make a lot more money than selling the whole thing, and still say he destroyed it. Then the rubes could put all the pieces together and it would stretch a few miles.
Hic sunt dracones
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

The easiest way to have a gun destroyed?

Give it to the police to be destroyed.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

I'm curious: the motion's basis for requesting its return to *Rittenhouse* rather than Black is the sworn testimony at the trial from both of them of the agreement constituting a verbal contract between them that it would become the property of Rittenhouse when he turned 18. Is that enough? Do they need Black to agree?
5. As established through the trial testimony of both Dominick Black and Mr. Rittenhouse, the Smith & Wesson M&P 15 rifle (serial #TF20210) with black sling and sight was purchased by Dominick Black but was to become the legal property of Kyle Rittenhouse upon his 18th birthday.

6. Mr. Rittenhouse was born on January 3,2003 and is now 19 years old. Accordingly, heis the lawful owner ofthe Smith & Wesson M&P 15 rifle (serial #TF20210) with black sling and sight, per the verbal contract enacted with Dominick Black.
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnew ... 73.pdf.pdf
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I'm really disappointed that the whole straw man purchase issue is going uncharged. The least we could do is enforce the weak gun laws we do have on the books.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Why does he want the gun returned. He is really that dumb? (probably)
raison de arizona

:explode:
‘Kyle’s Law’: Tennessee lawmaker proposes bill named after Kyle Rittenhouse

A Tennessee lawmaker is proposing a new law that would reimburse accused killers if it’s proven they acted in self-defense and acquitted of the charges against them.

Rep. Bruce Griffey of House District 75 has pegged the bill “Kyle’s Law”, in honor of Kyle Rittenhouse, the Wisconsin teen who shot and killed two people during a protest in Kenosha but was later acquitted of all charges.

“I’m trying to balance the scales out a little bit here,” explained Rep. Griffey. “I think we all saw what happened. He was attacked. He was defending himself and the jury found that. And despite that – he was still prosecuted for a murder charge. This law is intended to sort of protect that from happening in the future.”

If passed, Kyle’s law would require the state to reimburse legal fees and lost wages, if the person is acquitted of murder charges based on self-defense.
:snippity:
https://www.wkrn.com/news/tennessee-pol ... ttenhouse/

The chyron in the video calls it the "Rittenhouse 'Hero' Bill". :mad:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Will the taxpayers be allowed to get a cut of the Go Fund Me campaign millions?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:27 am :explode:
‘Kyle’s Law’: Tennessee lawmaker proposes bill named after Kyle Rittenhouse

A Tennessee lawmaker is proposing a new law that would reimburse accused killers if it’s proven they acted in self-defense and acquitted of the charges against them.

Rep. Bruce Griffey of House District 75 has pegged the bill “Kyle’s Law”, in honor of Kyle Rittenhouse, the Wisconsin teen who shot and killed two people during a protest in Kenosha but was later acquitted of all charges.

“I’m trying to balance the scales out a little bit here,” explained Rep. Griffey. “I think we all saw what happened. He was attacked. He was defending himself and the jury found that. And despite that – he was still prosecuted for a murder charge. This law is intended to sort of protect that from happening in the future.”

If passed, Kyle’s law would require the state to reimburse legal fees and lost wages, if the person is acquitted of murder charges based on self-defense.
https://www.wkrn.com/news/tennessee-pol ... ttenhouse/

The chyron in the video calls it the "Rittenhouse 'Hero' Bill". :mad:
As a criminal defense attorney, I'm actually not opposed to the state picking up the tab for a person who is acquitted of any crime, and I don't think it should be limited to murder charges or self defense. It's bad enough that people get convicted of crimes they didn't commit, only to be exonerated years later after so much damage has been done. But even a trial that ends with an acquittal is likely to ruin a person financially. So maybe the government should put up or shut up -- if the government is going to roll the dice, it should do it with its own money.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:00 pm As a criminal defense attorney, I'm actually not opposed to the state picking up the tab for a person who is acquitted of any crime, and I don't think it should be limited to murder charges or self defense. It's bad enough that people get convicted of crimes they didn't commit, only to be exonerated years later after so much damage has been done. But even a trial that ends with an acquittal is likely to ruin a person financially. So maybe the government should put up or shut up -- if the government is going to roll the dice, it should do it with its own money.
You know, I was kinda thinking that after I posted this. In general, I suppose it isn't entirely bad. But tying it to Rittenhouse as the Kyle Hero Law really just rubs me the wrong way.

And it would really help the rich folk. There would need to be some way to make it equitable.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:06 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:00 pm As a criminal defense attorney, I'm actually not opposed to the state picking up the tab for a person who is acquitted of any crime, and I don't think it should be limited to murder charges or self defense. It's bad enough that people get convicted of crimes they didn't commit, only to be exonerated years later after so much damage has been done. But even a trial that ends with an acquittal is likely to ruin a person financially. So maybe the government should put up or shut up -- if the government is going to roll the dice, it should do it with its own money.
You know, I was kinda thinking that after I posted this. In general, I suppose it isn't entirely bad. But tying it to Rittenhouse as the Kyle Hero Law really just rubs me the wrong way.

And it would really help the rich folk. There would need to be some way to make it equitable.
There would be unintended consequences. A lot of them. Reform to prevent unjust prosecutions is undoubtedly needed but this isn’t it.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:06 pm

Like, say, the state providing an attorney to those who are too poor to afford it? We could call them "Public Defenders"?

Pay the ones we have better, prevent the state from outspending on prosecution what it pays for defense and tweek it a little.

andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Rittenhouse has been added as a defendant in the Huber family's civil suit. "Huber’s parents filed the original lawsuit against the city of Kenosha and the Kenosha Police Department last August. The updated motion adds Rittenhouse and seven law enforcement agencies and counties from the area as defendants."

bob

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:09 pmThere would be unintended consequences. A lot of them. Reform to prevent unjust prosecutions is undoubtedly needed but this isn’t it.
:yeahthat:

It'll encourage good-guy-with-a-gun syndrome, and discourage prosecuting the overzealous "good" ones.

But if the bill was really serious, it would take the costs out of the prosecuting office's budget. (It is easier for a prosecutor to gamble with money in someone else's budget.)
Image ImageImage
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

bob wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:35 pm
It'll encourage good-guy-with-a-gun syndrome, and discourage prosecuting the overzealous "good" ones.

But if the bill was really serious, it would take the costs out of the prosecuting office's budget. (It is easier for a prosecutor to gamble with money in someone else's budget.)
I wouldn’t be heartbroken if the government made a risk analysis in a given case and concluded that the potential for an acquittal was too high so they decided not to try the case. Shouldn’t they be doing that anyway?

And I really doubt “they’ll never try me” is on the mind of anyone as he’s pulling the trigger.

I don’t know what the answer is. I’m not for covering lost wages, and I’m not even arguing a defendant should necessarily get back every dime he laid out. I just think the government should put some skin in the game.

One of the things I like about military justice is the accused gets military counsel irrespective of indigence, and if he hires civilian counsel at his own expense, the military counsel stays on.

Also, unlike the civilian sector, the government pays for experts (I think in the civilian sector the government only pays for experts if you’re indigent). In the military if the government uses an expert the defense is automatically entitled to one (and the government can’t keep the “best” experts for itself - it has to give the defense an expert that is equally qualified). And if the government doesn’t use an expert, the defense can still request one; the convening authority can grant or deny the request, but any denial is reviewed by the trial judge. If the defense can show that expert assistance or expert testimony is necessary, the military judge will order it.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bob

Post by bob »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:01 pmI wouldn’t be heartbroken if the government made a risk analysis in a given case and concluded that the potential for an acquittal was too high so they decided not to try the case.
Or, if it applied only to murder cases, not to try them as murder cases.
Image ImageImage
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I think we learned from the Bundynistas in Oregon that the government does not always win. Opinions vary as to why all of them were acquitted on all charges. Maybe the government brought the wrong charges. Maybe the government did a lousy job of presenting its evidence. Maybe Ammo and his pals were sympathetic defendants (remember Ammo insisted on wearing his prison garb in court).

We have seen as recently as the trial of the three Georgia vigilantes that the jury convicted on some charges and acquitted on others for two of the defendants.

Then there is always a possibility of mistrials. What then? What if the jury voted 11-1 to acquit? Or to convict? Or counsel for either side breached some ruling and the judge grants a mistrial?

So, while it is noble to have the prosecution to have some skin in the game, I feel that it would be abused by defense counsel. Our court system is taxed enough as it is; we don't need more hearings/motions/other clogging up trial and appellate courts.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
raison de arizona

Relax haters, he's just looking to have it "properly destroyed."
📰 Accountability Project 🇺🇸 @freekyleusa wrote: #KyleRittenhouse has stated from the start he wants the rifle destroyed. He doesn't care about the money being offered for it.
Kyle's motion to have the weapon returned so it can be properly destroyed is causing hilariously ironic meltdowns by his haters. Relax. It's a process.
MOTION FOR ORDER TO RELEASE PROPERTY: https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnew ... 73.pdf.pdf
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Correct me if I'm wrong, he wants an illegally obtained weapon back?

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Gregg wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:20 am Correct me if I'm wrong, he wants an illegally obtained weapon back?
Well, the judge threw out the possession charge, and unless Rittenhouse gets charged by the feds, I don’t think there’s anything unlawful in his owning the gun.
raison de arizona

Kyle Rittenhouse 're-enrolls' to study law at Arizona State after Kenosha acquittal
'I deserve an education and I'm able to get that education and hopefully pursue a career in law,' said Kyle Rittenhouse
"I'm taking classes starting in March online. So I was able to re-enroll. I had to talk to a couple of people, like directors there. But I deserve an education and I'm able to get that education and hopefully pursue a career in law," the nineteen-year-old said on Candace Owens' self-titled talk show.

"Rittenhouse says he received a compassionate withdrawal but says he's back at the university," reported The Sun. When asked about what he is up to, he revealed that he's been taking pilot classes and snowboarding. Rittenhouse, who hopes to become a private pilot, shared, "I've logged my first flying hours and I absolutely love it. Just doing stuff that's fun and living my life." He has posted images on his Instagram account where he can be seen snowboarding. The caption reads, "Finally hitting fresh powder"
https://meaww.com/kyle-rittenhouse-purs ... -of-murder

Wonder how long the poot bucks will hold out against private pilot lessons.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

He also plans become a cowboy, an astronaut, & a fireman!
Image Image Image Image
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Remember Zimmerman's high life and painting career till he suddenly dropped off the face of social media?

PIlot lessons. Fuck sake. When he was running around with the gun he was telling the he was a medic becasue he took a first aid course when he did a stint as a lifeguard.
Hic sunt dracones
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Now that Kim Kardashian has passed the baby bar, maybe ol' Kyle can hook up with her after he graduates law school.

Kardashian & Rittenhouse.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde

Return to “Other weirdos”