Hijack This Thread

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

You can now buy a flame-throwing robot dog for under $10,000
Thermonator, the first "flamethrower-wielding robot dog," is completely legal in 48 US states.

The Thermonator robot flamethrower dog.
Throwflame
If you've been wondering when you'll be able to order the flame-throwing robot that Ohio-based Throwflame first announced last summer, that day has finally arrived. The Thermonator, what Throwflame bills as "the first-ever flamethrower-wielding robot dog" is now available for purchase. The price? $9,420.

Thermonator is a quadruped robot with an ARC flamethrower mounted to its back, fueled by gasoline or napalm. It features a one-hour battery, a 30-foot flame-throwing range, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity for remote control through a smartphone.

It also includes a LIDAR sensor for mapping and obstacle avoidance, laser sighting, and first-person view (FPV) navigation through an onboard camera. The product appears to integrate a version of the Unitree Go2 robot quadruped that retails alone for $1,600 in its base configuration. :snippity:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

:confuzzled: around all those lumber built US structures :cantlook:
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

Tool for terrorism.

What other use has it?
Sam the Centipede

Hijack This Thread

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I wonder how legal that would be in other countries? I suspect many administrations would move quite quickly to close any loopholes that made this idiotic machine legit.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Generally illegal in the EU. Almost completely unregulated in the US. Freedom. Yay?
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:46 pm Are you Vampire Killing properly?
https://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/1 ... a-vampire/
Well, what a coinkydink. That article is so timely and on point, it's almost frightening. Thank you so much.
bill_g

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:33 am Tool for terrorism.

What other use has it?
Fondues, BBQ's, clearing brush ala W on his TX ranch (whatchadoin? Clearin brush!), paint removal, unsightly ghetto removal, etc. You know, stuff it's good at.
bill_g

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

Plus - there are only eight more shopping months left to get this fantastic item under the tree in time.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

bill_g wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:06 am
Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:46 pm Are you Vampire Killing properly?
https://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/1 ... a-vampire/
Well, what a coinkydink. That article is so timely and on point, it's almost frightening. Thank you so much.
my pleasure
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
bill_g

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

Flatpoint High wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 am
my pleasure
Now I just have to find my sword. I put it someplace. You only need it for a couple weeks every year when they wake in Spring and makes pests of themselves until their regular forage is available. Ugh. I hate this.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Hijack This Thread

Post by northland10 »

Given the price, terrorists would probably be best just sticking with a normal flamethrower. Yes they are less safe for the user. For some terrorist, blowing yourself up is a good thing, for some American wannabe terrorists, blowing themselves is part of their "nobody can tell me to be safe" mantra.

Flamethrowers are heavily regulated with permits in California (Hollywood has a need) and banned in Maryland. Illinois tried to ban them around 201-2017 but it appears that attempt died, or was incinerated.
101010 :towel:
Rolodex

Hijack This Thread

Post by Rolodex »

I would consider for use against the palmetto bugs (giant flying cockroaches). I fecking hate those things.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

and now for....
castigat ridendo mores.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Hijack This Thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

YUMMY!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

ukmgyna54hwc1.jpeg
ukmgyna54hwc1.jpeg (253.2 KiB) Viewed 288 times
castigat ridendo mores.
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

Does "Naperville Politics Guy" not know about Pennsylvania's closed primaries, eh?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Hijack This Thread

Post by keith »

What other use has it?
Home guard dog.
If they tell you I fell off the bed and hung myself, I didn't.
much ado

Hijack This Thread

Post by much ado »

keith wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:55 pm

What other use has it?
Home guard dog.
Barbecue lighter?
RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

TN bill to fine parents for kids’ crimes passes legislature

by: David Royer, Ashley Paul
Posted: Apr 24, 2024 / 01:51 PM CDT Updated: Apr 24, 2024 / 10:15 PM CDT

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Parents of kids who commit crimes in Tennessee will face fines up to $1,000 for each offense after the first one, under a bill that is headed to Gov. Bill Lee for his signature into law.

The Parental Accountability Act, sponsored by Memphis-area Republicans Sen. Brent Taylor and Rep. John Gillespie, passed this week in both chambers.

Play VideoTN passes bill to fine parents for kids' crimes

After a juvenile’s first offense, juvenile court is required to fine their parents for each subsequent crime, according to the bill’s language. If parents can’t afford the fine, they will be able to work it off through community service.

“If I had to pick up trash all day because of something that my child had done and I had to go along the interstate and my friends, loved ones, neighbors saw me picking up trash because of something that my son had done, I think I would pay a little bit more attention,” said Shelby County Sheriff Floyd Bonner.

Taylor has said the fines aren’t meant to be punitive but are meant to encourage parents to pay closer attention to what their children are up to.

“Too many juveniles are routine offenders due to lack of parental supervision,” Taylor said in a statement. “By holding parents accountable, parents are more likely to know what their children are doing and more likely to get their children the help and oversight needed.”

https://wreg.com/news/local/tn-bill-to- ... egislature
RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Criminals be aware, you urgently need to remove your fingertips
New hope for cold cases due to breakthrough in forensic fingerprint research

23 April 2024

Researchers have unveiled a groundbreaking method capable of detecting drug substances from fingerprints lifted from crime scenes, which could provide fresh insights into unsolved cases.

Analytical scientists from Loughborough University have demonstrated for the first time that drug residue – namely the fast-acting sleeping pill Zolpidem, which has been linked to drug-facilitated sexual assault and drink spiking – can be detected on gel-lifted fingerprints.

Dr Jim Reynolds and Dr Ayoung Kim say the breakthrough could shed new light on cold cases and unsolved crimes as forensic gel lifters – which transfer prints onto a gelatine surface – are used globally by scenes of crimes officers to preserve and visualise fingerprints.

“This is the first time that analysis of gel-lifted prints for a drug substance has been accomplished and shows that lifted prints and other forensic marks can be interrogated for useful information”, says Dr Reynolds, the research lead.

“Since gel-lifted prints and marks can be stored for many years, the technique could be of real use in cold cases where additional information may prove useful to either link or exonerate a suspect to the investigation.

“Working with police forces and applying the method to cold case samples could help bring criminals to justice who may have thought they have got away with it.”

A number of tests exist which can detect drugs directly from fingerprints, but these face limitations. They can be destructive to the fingerprint, degrade drug residues, and are affected by environmental interferences.

It has long been speculated that gel-lifted prints contain valuable chemical information and could offer more accurate drug detection.

https://www.lboro.ac.uk/schools/science ... eakthrough
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

THIS is very concerning
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/secret-ser ... -behavior/
Washington — A U.S. Secret Service agent assigned to Vice President Kamala Harris exhibited "distressing behavior" Monday morning at Joint Base Andrews and was hospitalized, authorities said. Harris was not present at the airbase at the time.

In a statement provided to CBS News, the U.S. Secret Service said that at about 9 a.m. local time Monday, the agent "began displaying behavior their colleagues found distressing. The agent was removed from their assignment while medical personnel were summoned."

Two sources briefed on the situation told CBS News the agent spouted gibberish, was speaking incoherently and provoked another officer physically.

According to sources, the agent in question pushed the special agent in charge while they were near the lounge of Joint Base Andrews.
castigat ridendo mores.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Poison ?? :shrug:
Vlad, are you up to your usual tricks?
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

neonzx wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:47 am Poison ?? :shrug:
Vlad, are you up to your usual tricks?
wake word was used, and the agent malfunctioned
castigat ridendo mores.
RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

:think:

Court clerk allegedly told worker to ‘Donald Trump’ passport fee records

Atlanta News First
23 Apr 2024

The GBI opened an investigation into Superior Court Clerk Connie Taylor in late 2022 at the request of a Cobb County Superior Court judge.

RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Questions remain 16 months after dual raids on Area 51 website creator

8 News Now — Las Vegas
26 Apr 2024

Answers remain alarmingly scarce following a 2022 raid on the homes of the creator of a popular website based on Area 51. On Nov. 3, 2022, teams of heavily armed federal agents kicked in the doors of two Nevada homes to serve search warrants. Today, those warrants remain a mystery.

Return to “General Stuff”