Hunter Biden - But His Emails! Gun Charge Indictment, Taxes, Hacking, Election Interference, Russian Ops - Jack Maxey

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
bob

Hunter Biden - But His Emails! Gun Charge Indictment, Taxes, Hacking, Election Interference, Russian Ops - Jack Maxey

Post by bob »

Due to this latest indictment, I expect Comer and Jordan's attempt to subpoena Hunter will result only in them learning which amendment is Hunter's favorite:
Thus endeth the circus.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I like after how Kilmeade explains the payment, Marshall goes on like as if anything he says at that point makes any sense. It's a truck payment. That's why it's a weird number like $1380 that Hunter is paying every month. Oh, and they have documentation. These people :crazy:
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: SEN. ROGER MARSHALL: The smoking gun that people missed is Comer releasing that there was a monthly stipend from a shell company of Hunter's going to Joe Biden.

KILMEADE: He said he was paying him back for a truck

MARSHALL: ...

KILMEADE: I'm just telling you what he said
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

She had him sputtering.
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: "You gonna let me talk?!" -- GOP Rep. Tim Burchett just had a meltdown on CNN when pressed about the lack of evidence connecting Hunter Biden's business activities with Joe Biden
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

She's good, but :brickwallsmall:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Alright that's it. Henceforth, I will refer to Comer as Comer Pyle.
"Well golllllllee Mr. Tapper, he indicted him to protect him!"
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Comer: My concern is that he indicted Hunter Biden to protect him

Tapper: Ahh yes, he indicted him to protect him

Comer: This whole thing has been about a coverup

Tapper: He indicted him to cover it up?
Bonus:
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona

Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: Hunter Biden: "I'm here today to make sure the House committee's illegitimate investigations of my family do not proceed on distortions, manipulated evidence, & lies. I'm here today to acknowledge I have made mistakes in my life & wasted opportunities...for that I am responsible"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

...for that I am responsible.
Holy moly, somebody actually taking responsibility? What a concept!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
tek

Post by tek »

GOPers are furiously googling "responsibility"
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

tek wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:38 pm GOPers are furiously googling "responsibility"
No, they just assume it is another word for "guilty".
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

So is he testifying publicly? Or behind closed doors?
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Jim

Post by Jim »

Foggy wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:44 pm So is he testifying publicly? Or behind closed doors?
If he testifies publicly, he'll answer questions. If he testifies behind closed doors, he'll take the 5th to all republican questions. Up to the pubs.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Hunter Biden in D.C. ? Now Comer (why does the name Gohmert appear in my mind :think: ) can start a new rumor, that Hunter is transfering $$$ all by the power of his mind to Joe, and that makes it corruption at highest levels :twisted:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:19 pm
...for that I am responsible.
Holy moly, somebody actually taking responsibility? What a concept!
it's PRROFFFFFFFF!!!
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
bob

Post by bob »

Foggy wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:44 pm So is he testifying publicly? Or behind closed doors?
Neither: CNN: GOP investigators say they will ‘initiate contempt’ proceedings after Hunter Biden flouts subpoena for closed-door testimony:
The Republican chairman behind the impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden said Wednesday they will start contempt of Congress proceedings against Hunter Biden for not participating in his closed-door deposition on Wednesday, after he demanded to testify publicly.

“Hunter Biden today defied lawful subpoenas and we will now initiate contempt of Congress proceedings,” said House Oversight Chair James Comer and House Judiciary Chair Jim Jordan in a joint statement. “We will not provide special treatment because his last name is Biden.”
Image ImageImage
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

bob wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:39 pm
Neither: CNN: GOP investigators say they will ‘initiate contempt’ proceedings after Hunter Biden flouts subpoena for closed-door testimony:
The Republican chairman behind the impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden said Wednesday they will start contempt of Congress proceedings against Hunter Biden for not participating in his closed-door deposition on Wednesday, after he demanded to testify publicly.

“Hunter Biden today defied lawful subpoenas and we will now initiate contempt of Congress proceedings,” said House Oversight Chair James Comer and House Judiciary Chair Jim Jordan in a joint statement. “We will not provide special treatment because his last name is Biden.”

“If his last name were Jordan, however, we would definitely provide special treatment.”
much ado

Post by much ado »

Why do have the sneaking feeling that Hunter Biden is setting a trap for the congressional GOP?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

much ado wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:23 pm Why do have the sneaking feeling that Hunter Biden is setting a trap for the congressional GOP?
I sure hope so. I want to know why he chose not to appear in private and just take the fifth. Okay, I can figure that one out--it would make him look bad. But why didn't he file something to contest the subpoena? Or can he still do that?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I guess they can initiate anything they want but it doesn't mean the DOJ will do anything about it, right? HB was very clear he'd be happy to testify publicly.

Now if trump should win next year, all bets are off.

ImageImageImage x4
Jim

Post by Jim »

much ado wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:23 pm Why do have the sneaking feeling that Hunter Biden is setting a trap for the congressional GOP?
Actually, IMO, the trap was set by the pubs against themselves...

“Yet here I am, Mr. Chairman, taking up your offer when you said we can bring these people in for depositions or committee hearings, whichever they choose,” he concluded. “Well, I’ve chosen I am here to testify at a public hearing today to answer any of the committee’s legitimate questions. Republicans do not want an open process where Americans can see their tactics, expose their baseless inquiry, or hear what I have to say. What are they afraid of? I’m here. I’m ready.”
raison de arizona

https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1735337 ... 44159?s=20
Collin Rugg @CollinRugg wrote: BREAKING: Hunter Biden is reportedly making plans to potentially "flee" the United States if Donald Trump is elected according to close friends.

I'm sure the 'Justice' Department is working hard to make sure this won't happen.

Hunter Biden is facing up to 17 years in prison if he is convicted of the charges brought forward last week.

According to the Daily Mail, Hunter has told friends he may have to "flee" the U.S. if Trump is elected.

"Hunter Biden has told friends that he might have to flee the country if Donald Trump is reelected, after already enduring months of deeply personal political attacks and mounting legal woes," they reported.

Hunter Biden may be justifying these thoughts by thinking that Republicans are trying to "kill" him.

"What they’re trying to do is they're trying to kill me, knowing that it will be a pain greater than my father could be able to handle... and so therefore destroying a presidency in that way," he said during a podcast last week.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Well, that was a stupid thing to say, if he really said it.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:51 pm Well, that was a stupid thing to say, if he really said it.
I’m stuck on “close friends” blabbing to media.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former ... nter-probe
FIRST ON FOX: The former assistant U.S. attorney who allegedly worked to ‘limit’ questions about Joe Biden denied that politics played a role in the Hunter Biden investigation during her interview at the House Judiciary Committee, according to a transcript reviewed by Fox News Digital.

Former Assistant U.S. Attorney Lesley Wolf, though, testified that she would "not be permitted to answer most of the questions you have for me" due to the ongoing nature of the federal criminal investigation into the first son
:snippity: Fox News Digital reviewed a transcript of her interview Thursday night. :snippity:

Return to “Current Politics”