Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

User avatar
Orlylicious
Posts: 8897
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:02 pm
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9801

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:19 am

This was totally fucking needless. Rodger B. Dowdell Jr has a lot of responsibility for this and many others who have ended up in jail and worse acting on his advice. Heartbreaking for his family and for what? Common Core? Shameful, sad and unnecessary.

THIS SHOULD BE A LESSON TO ANYONE LURKING OR READING HERE (THIS MEANS YOU, POOTS):
FAKE GRAND JURIES, FAKE "TRUE BILLS", FAKE LAW ENFORCEMENT AND FILING FAKE LIENS OR DOCUMENTS ARE CRIMES. IF YOU DO IT, YOU COULD BE THE NEXT TERRY TRUSSELL WHO NEEDLESSLY DIED IN PRISON. ACCEPT REALITY AND DO NOT DO IT!


Hagan died too? They haven't called this a conspiracy yet?
THIS coming on the heals of our recent loss of your dear friend Hagan.
I'm sad for Marie and the family, they were grifted and lied to by so many including Inger Garcia and Charles Edward Lincoln III. As we've said all along, if the family had just read The Fogbow, they would have known how serious and terrible this was going to be. I've thought of that often... for whatever reason, of the thousands of cases that happen every year, we got interested in this and as a result Terry, his family and certainly his lawyers had an incredible roadmap of what to do about this. Why didn't they read here? We'll never know. It wasn't our responsibility to fix Terry's problems, but we provided a ton of good information, it's a damn shame they didn't act on it.
Avatar Photo: Kellogg's commemorates Anna Von Strudel de la PopTart's descent into insanity with a new cereal!

User avatar
Orlylicious
Posts: 8897
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:02 pm
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9802

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:46 am

August 27, 2018. Tragic that they let these lunatics and clowns make Terry the fall guy for their fake patriotism.
Orlylicious wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:41 am
We told Terry Trussell on this very board what he should do and tried to help avoid this train wreck for his family.

Instead Terry depended on Rodger B. Dowdell, Jr., Inger Garcia, CEL III and other delusional and/or incompetent people.

Instead of claiming temporary insanity or bad reaction to medication that made him not able to realize which grand jury was real, Terry's brain trust said go to the mat.

Old Rooster at Harry Riley's Patriots for America woke up yesterday, he heard the appeals were denied. Can't imagine why Rick Scott won't jump to it on this pardon.
Reply by Old Rooster yesterday

Update From Wendell; I received this Aug 24th. 2018.
Sir & Ron,
The court ruled against Terry's appeal with one judge, J. Jay dissenting. I attached the ruling. I saw a post on PFA for asking President Trump to pardon him. Terry was tried in the State of Florida court system so the pardon authority lies with Gov. Scott. As he is on his way out or to D.C. there may be a slim chance of him granting Terry his freedom. If there is a desire to put forth effort on this I am willing to help.
God bless you your families and this nation,
Wendell

Permalink Reply by Old Rooster yesterday

Looks like you were right again Mathias, any possible pardon will have to come from the Florida Governor.

Permalink Reply by Old Rooster yesterday

The Governor of Florida point of contact page is here:

https://www.flgov.com/

I am posting a modified edited version of the letter I wrote above to President Trump.
This letter can be coppied and sent to Governor Scott. Please help by sending a copy to Governor Scott at the address included or to the email address listed on the Florida Governors page.

Permalink Reply by Old Rooster yesterday

To: Governor Rick Scott
400 S Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Fl. 32399

Subject: Request for Pardon; Mr. Terry G. Trussell.

Contact Data;
Terry George Trussell

I15405
RMC-West
P.O. Box 628
Lake Butler, Florida. 32054

Dear Governor Scott;
Sir, This is a request for pardon of a Viet Nam war veteran, 75 year old Terry G. Trussell.

Terry Trussell is currently being held in a Dixie County Florida prison serving 8 ¾ years for “Impersonating” an officer of the court and illegal “assault” on a court official.
Mr. Trussell did NOT assault anyone. What he attempted to do was file charges against a court prosecutor for jury tampering. THAT'S IT – THAT'S ALL HE DID. And those charges were never actually filed.

Trussell was the foreman of a grand jury convened to hear charges of corruption against the Dixie county school board for bribery charges of accepting $3 Million dollars to implement a common-core curriculum. When the County prosecutor began instructing the jury members on how they would find in their investigations Trussell objected. He was subsequently removed from the Grand jury. At which point he attempted to file a complaint with the County judge. The judge refused to accept the complaint and the Prosecutor instructed the clerk not to accept any complaints filed by Mr. Trussell.
At that point Mr. Trussell attempted to form a citizen's Common-Law Grand Jury to hear the complaints against the prosecutor and the Dixie County School commission. According to Justice Antonin Scalia The Common-Law grand jury is an integral part of the Constitution and belongs to the People. Justice Scalia stated that the People's grand jury is the “forth :lol: Branch of Government”.


The prosecutor then filed charges against Mr. Trusell for assault. When he appeared in court the new judge called his name, Trussell replied “Here Your Honor” The judge again called his name, Trussell once again replied, this went on three times and each time the judge refused to acknowledge his presence in the court room. The judge then instructed the Sheriff's deputy to issue an arrest warrant for Mr. Trussell for failure to appear for a hearing. The deputy walk approximately six feet across the court room and arrested Terry Trussell.
Eventually 14 charges of assault, impersonating an officer of the court and several other charges were filed again Mr. Trussell. He was found guilty of only two or three of the charges but was sentenced to 8 ¾ years in a Florida penitentiary.

Terry Trussell is a Viet Nam war veteran. He is 75 years old.

Governor Scott, If anyone in this country has been unjustly and unfairly imprisoned it is this man..
Please – Please – Please issue a full and complete pardon for Mr. Terry G. Trussell.

Sincerely:

Permalink Reply by Old Rooster yesterday

The Zip Code for Dixie County Fl. is 32628.

Those emails ask for a Florida address. If you post anything out of state they don't read it, they simply delete them all.

Permalink Reply by Old Rooster 14 hours ago

Contact Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi;
http://www.myfloridalegal.com/contact
Mailing address
Office of Attorney General
State of Florida
The Capitol PL-01
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050
http://patriotsforamerica.ning.com/foru ... ment853449
Avatar Photo: Kellogg's commemorates Anna Von Strudel de la PopTart's descent into insanity with a new cereal!

User avatar
Notorial Dissent
Posts: 11873
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9803

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:17 am

Their memory of events is nothing if not convenient and incomplete.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
fierceredpanda
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:04 pm
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9804

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:57 am

Orlylicious wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:19 am
I'm sad for Marie and the family, they were grifted and lied to by so many including Inger Garcia and Charles Edward Lincoln III. As we've said all along, if the family had just read The Fogbow, they would have known how serious and terrible this was going to be. I've thought of that often... for whatever reason, of the thousands of cases that happen every year, we got interested in this and as a result Terry, his family and certainly his lawyers had an incredible roadmap of what to do about this. Why didn't they read here? We'll never know. It wasn't our responsibility to fix Terry's problems, but we provided a ton of good information, it's a damn shame they didn't act on it.
As much as I love this forum, I'm pretty sure a trial lawyer who is later asked about his/her defense strategy and says "I got it from a bunch of random people on the internet who seem to know what they're talking about" is exposing themselves to a malpractice lawsuit, disciplinary action from their state bar, and an appeal by the client on the basis of ineffective assistance of counsel.

That's not to say Trussell's actual attorneys didn't raise those concerns all by themselves, but my point stands.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

User avatar
Patagoniagirl
Posts: 3681
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9805

Post by Patagoniagirl » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:56 am

FRP, certainly no attorney would admit that. But did you watch the trial? Aside from the unlawyerky behavior and first-year law school mistakes, Inger clearly huddled with some unsavory characters who contributed to the shit show.

TT had terrible representation and terrible advice throughout. Whether it was simply ineffective,
or he was seen as a $ pot, we can all speculate.

User avatar
fierceredpanda
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:04 pm
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9806

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:14 am

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:56 am
FRP, certainly no attorney would admit that. But did you watch the trial? Aside from the unlawyerky behavior and first-year law school mistakes, Inger clearly huddled with some unsavory characters who contributed to the shit show.

TT had terrible representation and terrible advice throughout. Whether it was simply ineffective,
or he was seen as a $ pot, we can all speculate.
I did watch, and I completely agree that Inger performed very poorly and did her client no favors.

That being said, we do not know whether and to what extent she did so at the behest of her client. While I personally would have walked in such a circumstance as this, I certainly have on occasion had to behave in an unsavory or unorthodox manner in order to fulfill my client's wishes. Ultimately, my job is about serving the client. I give them the best counsel I can, I can even nudge them in the direction I think will have the highest likelihood of success. But at the end of the day, they call the shots. A lot of times we have to make hard choices between carrying out a client's directive (so long as it isn't illegal or unethical) and walking. Some attorneys are reluctant to walk because 1) that can have negative consequences for the client (delay, cost, etc.), and 2) you can't really be sure that the next lawyer isn't going to run into the same problem. Some just bite the bullet.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

User avatar
Maybenaut
Posts: 5341
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am
Location: Maybelot

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9807

Post by Maybenaut » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:55 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:14 am
Patagoniagirl wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:56 am
FRP, certainly no attorney would admit that. But did you watch the trial? Aside from the unlawyerky behavior and first-year law school mistakes, Inger clearly huddled with some unsavory characters who contributed to the shit show.

TT had terrible representation and terrible advice throughout. Whether it was simply ineffective,
or he was seen as a $ pot, we can all speculate.
I did watch, and I completely agree that Inger performed very poorly and did her client no favors.

That being said, we do not know whether and to what extent she did so at the behest of her client. While I personally would have walked in such a circumstance as this, I certainly have on occasion had to behave in an unsavory or unorthodox manner in order to fulfill my client's wishes. Ultimately, my job is about serving the client.I give them the best counsel I can, I can even nudge them in the direction I think will have the highest likelihood of success. But at the end of the day, they call the shots.. A lot of times we have to make hard choices between carrying out a client's directive (so long as it isn't illegal or unethical) and walking. Some attorneys are reluctant to walk because 1) that can have negative consequences for the client (delay, cost, etc.), and 2) you can't really be sure that the next lawyer isn't going to run into the same problem. Some just bite the bullet.
That’s happened to me. It’s a horrible feeling. And I came away feeling like a shitty lawyer - not because I couldn’t get an acquittal on an open-and-shut case, but because I couldn’t convince my client that it was in his best interest to take the deal.

But he couldn’t admit to the wrongdoing. We don’t have Alford pleas in the military; you have to tell the judge, under oath, the factual story and why you think you’re guilty. And I felt awful that I couldn’t get this guy to understand that all the facts were going to come out anyway, that he was going to get convicted, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

I felt like shit. In the end it didn’t matter because the jury gave him the same sentence the government was offering. But still. I felt like a total failure.

I couldn’t walk because I was appointed. We couldn't get released unless there was an actual conflict, and “my dumbass client won’t follow my advice” didn’t qualify.

That’s what I love about appellate work. The client has input, but doesn’t usually call the shots. There are exceptions, but it’s not like trial work.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
fierceredpanda
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:04 pm
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9808

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:57 am

Maybenaut, your comment is, as always, most appreciated.

My friends in appellate work like the fact that they can do no-merit reports (basically the Wisconsin name for what attorneys in federal practice call an "Anders brief") when the client doesn't have a case. Of course, in Wisconsin the appellate attorney also has a huge disincentive to walk away from the client, because most criminal appeals are handled through the Appellate Division of the Office of the State Public Defender, and our law is very clear that there is no right to counsel of choice on appeal, meaning the SPD won't appoint a second appellate attorney unless the first one was kicked off the case for some sort of misconduct.

Personally, I do have some policies within which I try to work. It starts with telling clients straight up that I won't break the law or the rules of my profession for them, because getting my law license was too damn hard to risk over any one client.

Second, I loathe Alford pleas, and I have yet to encounter the case where I have even countenanced asking the court for leave to enter one, let alone advising my client that we should pursue it. Reading North Carolina v. Alford as a law student focusing on criminal law made me feel sick to my stomach, and the very existence of Alford pleas is a pretty damning indictment of the fairness of our system. It's basically an admission that sometimes we chuck Blackstone's formulation ("It is better that ten guilty persons should escape than one innocent suffer") into the garbage and find someone guilty without a trial in spite of their maintaining their innocence because the criminal justice system is rigged against defendants. Conceding that the system is flawed and imperfect is one thing, but to me (and this is just my personal view) Alford stands for the much larger policy decision that we as a society are fundamentally uninterested in fixing what is wrong with our justice system because doing so would require reevaluating our intrinsic biases and basic assumptions, so instead we will continue to proclaim that ours is the fairest system on Earth while quietly locking up potentially innocent defendants with Alford pleas. It makes a mockery of everything our courts are supposed to care about, and I won't be a party to it. If a client was insistent on entering such a plea rather than go to trial, I would seriously consider withdrawing as counsel, because I don't know that I could live with signing the plea paperwork under those circumstances.

I've only personally seen an Alford plea entered once. It wasn't my case, but I was in court during the proceedings. It was a homicide case just recently. Lo and behold, six months later the case hasn't gone to to sentencing yet because the defendant wants to withdraw his plea. Do I think he's actually innocent? From what I know about the case, no. Probably he's a defendant in denial like a lot of my clients are. But the cure for that is to just try the fucking case. Of course juries make mistakes and have prejudices and whatnot. But Alford feels like just giving up on even trying to achieve some semblance of justice.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
I couldn't do appellate law full time. Too dry, too removed from the facts, frequently too obsessed with procedure instead of equity. When I want to focus on procedural niceties and ignore everything else, I take an extradition case. I actually do really like extraditions. But I'll admit, the ability of appellate attorneys to sometimes ignore the client's wishes is something I envy. Of course, prosecutors have it even easier. Lawyering becomes really easy when you don't have a client who can order you around.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

User avatar
Tiredretiredlawyer
Posts: 8587
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Animal Planet
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9809

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:59 am

Northland10 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:07 pm
Sort of OT, though it deals with the subject of abatement. It mentions some of the states that stopped abatement for death back in the mid-1990s, Florida and Michigan being some.

Fordham Law Review:

Dying To Get Away With It: How the Abatement Doctrine Thwarts Justice--And What Should Be Done Instead
Excellent article! :thumbs:
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

User avatar
Maybenaut
Posts: 5341
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am
Location: Maybelot

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9810

Post by Maybenaut » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:15 pm

Off Topic
Fierce Red Panda wrote:But I'll admit, the ability of appellate attorneys to sometimes ignore the client's wishes is something I envy. Of course, prosecutors have it even easier. Lawyering becomes really easy when you don't have a client who can order you around.
When I was doing appellate work on active duty in the military, I actually could not ignore my clients wishes. The Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces decided, in United States v. Grostefon, that Congress intended for the military justice system to be extraordinarily paternalistic compared with the civilian system (which is why we don’t have Alford pleas - for the very reasons you find them objectionable) and it intended for an appellant to put in front of the court whatever issue the appellant wants. Even if, in the lawyer’s view, the issue is frivolous.

So, for example, a guy pleads guilty a trial and wants to raise search and seizure issues on appeal. Those issues are waived by an unconditional guilty plea. You explain that to the client, and he says, “I don’t care, I want to raise it anyway.” And then you say in the appellate brief that the appellant is raising the issue pursuant to Grostefon. That is a signal to the appellate court that you have reviewed the issue and consider the issue frivolous. That permits the guy to put it in front of the court, but protects the lawyer from an ethics violation.

As a civilian practicing military appeals, I would tell the clients that our fee agreement doesn’t cover Grostefon issues. If he wants to raise those, he can work those issues through his military attorney (he still has a military appellate attorney assigned to his case). The reason I won’t do them is that it is a complete and total time sink. The appellate courts expect the lawyer to help the appellant “put his best foot forward“ on a frivolous issue. So you end up spending a lot of time doing a lot of research, and trying to find a way to explain the unexplainable. It’s a waste of my time and the client’s money, so the military attorney will carry that load.

Having said that, though, reasonable minds can differ on what is frivolous, and Grostefon issues sometimes succeed. Which is a good thing.

I agree with you on Alford pleas generally, and didn’t mean to suggest I thought my guy should have taken one if one had been available. But our system shows the flip side. People who are actually innocent cannot plead guilty even if they want to. And if they try to plead guilty and any evidence comes up later that is inconsistent with the guilty plea, the military judge has to resolve the inconsistency or reject the plea. And if the plea gets rejected the accused loses the deal (that’s what happened to Lyndie England, she of Abu Ghraib dog leash fame). On balance, I prefer our system over one that permits Alford pleas, even if there is a downside.
Edit: That the cases are often removed from the facts is the reason I prefer appellate work. Most of my cases are sex assault cases. Often they involve children. Even on appeal the issues almost always involve the credibility of the victim. When people ask me what I do for a living, sometimes my response is, “I call rape victims liars.”
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Sam the Centipede
Posts: 6843
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9811

Post by Sam the Centipede » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:57 pm

Ya lurnz stuff earwiggin' on Teh Fogbow. :bighug: FRP and MBN :bighug:

User avatar
Dr. Caligari
Posts: 1085
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9812

Post by Dr. Caligari » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:13 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:59 am
Excellent article! :thumbs:
I read it, and I'm not a fan. I think the author identifies some problems with current law, but his proposed solution sounds even worse-- instead of a bright-line rule, his proposal would require litigation in every case where a defendant died, without explaining who is going to litigate on behalf of the dead defendant and who is going to pay for that litigation.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law

User avatar
Tiredretiredlawyer
Posts: 8587
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Animal Planet
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9813

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:38 am

Dr. Caligari wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:13 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:59 am
Excellent article! :thumbs:
I read it, and I'm not a fan. I think the author identifies some problems with current law, but his proposed solution sounds even worse-- instead of a bright-line rule, his proposal would require litigation in every case where a defendant died, without explaining who is going to litigate on behalf of the dead defendant and who is going to pay for that litigation.
I agree with you on the bright-line rule. I focused primarily on the history as I have been reading about victims' rights lately.
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

User avatar
Orlylicious
Posts: 8897
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:02 pm
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9814

Post by Orlylicious » Thu May 16, 2019 1:47 am

Still haven't seen a full obit, a few sites have condolence pages but they almost look automated, no idea if the family is involved.

Terry Obit 2.JPG

https://www.everhere.com/us/obituary-ja ... ll-9118861


This looks like it's through the funeral home:


Trussell Obit.JPG

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituar ... ll-8269152


Still can't believe someone could be so stupid, a 75 year old going to jail until he died for what, Common Core? Thanks a lot Rodger B. Dowdell, Jr., Inger Garcia, Charles Edward Lincoln III, and all the people who egged Terry on with fantasy and destroyed his life then slithered away.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Avatar Photo: Kellogg's commemorates Anna Von Strudel de la PopTart's descent into insanity with a new cereal!

User avatar
Northland10
Posts: 7758
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Chicago area - North burbs

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9815

Post by Northland10 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:35 am

For completeness regarding his Florida Supreme Court case:

The state filed a Motion to Dismiss for mootness as they were not seeking costs or fees against his estate.

https://efactssc-public.flcourts.org/ca ... ismiss.pdf

Terry's counsel filed a response arguing against the MTD.

https://efactssc-public.flcourts.org/ca ... sponse.pdf
North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

User avatar
ZekeB
Posts: 15392
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Northwest part of Semi Blue State

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9816

Post by ZekeB » Thu May 16, 2019 7:45 am

If they continue the appeal is it possible that the State may go after legal fees again?
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

User avatar
Sam the Centipede
Posts: 6843
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9817

Post by Sam the Centipede » Thu May 16, 2019 8:05 am

If I understand Trussell's response to the MTD, a large part of his attempt to justify continuing is in the final paragraph:
WHEREFORE, undersigned counsel respectfully asks that this Court permit the appeal to proceed in order to resolve the conflicts and the legal issues this case presents for the benefit of Florida jurisprudence.
That's a large and implausible claim, isn't it? Trussell's case presented no great legal controversy and our main debate here was on whether the sentence was appropriate or excessive.

The fact that the counsel tries this overblown blather suggests to me that he can't identify any solid case-specific issue as his basis. Or, if he did identify one in the response, it was lost on me.

My non-lawyerly analysis is " You Have 0 Lives Left. Game Over Player 1."

User avatar
fierceredpanda
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:04 pm
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9818

Post by fierceredpanda » Thu May 16, 2019 8:16 am

ZekeB wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:45 am
If they continue the appeal is it possible that the State may go after legal fees again?
I would. The State is trying to drop the matter for the sake of judicial economy and fiscal responsibility. If the other side won't let the State do that, someone ought to make the taxpayers whole for the gross waste of funds.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

User avatar
bob
Posts: 26275
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9819

Post by bob » Thu May 16, 2019 11:24 am

There was a dissent, so there's a non-frivolous argument to be made that the appellate court got it wrong. And there's a non-frivolous argument that guidance from.the state's highest court would help the lower courts.

But this particular case is a horrible vehicle for correcting these concerns. SCOFL isn't going to swoop in on this one; if it is inclined to act, it'll wait for a better case to come along.

The perfunctory opposition smells like a last grasp of bill churning, to get more of the estate
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

PaulG
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9820

Post by PaulG » Thu May 16, 2019 12:06 pm

Just out of curiosity I googled "Everhere" and got the following.
Everhere is the biggest Canada obituary listing. Browse the funeral homes directory, light a candle or send flowers to a loved one.

Apr 22, 2018 - An unauthorized obituary for Logan Boulet of the Humboldt Broncos on the obituary site Everhere incorrectly lists his place of death. The site ...

Jul 9, 2018 - Everhere.com published memorial without permission and offered condolence flowers against family wishes. Anis Heydari · CBC News ...

Jul 9, 2018 - Everhere/Google Cache A cached copy of the now-removed, unauthorized obituary for Erik Laursen solicits the purchase of flowers for the ...

Everhere runs ads alongside death notices and gets victims' details wrong.

Aug 14, 2018 - Digital candles were sold on Afterlife.co's website next to each obituary. That website now redirects to a revamped version called Everhere, ...
I have no words, only some involuntary noises.

User avatar
Notorial Dissent
Posts: 11873
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9821

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 pm

bob wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:24 am
There was a dissent, so there's a non-frivolous argument to be made that the appellate court got it wrong. And there's a non-frivolous argument that guidance from.the state's highest court would help the lower courts.

But this particular case is a horrible vehicle for correcting these concerns. SCOFL isn't going to swoop in on this one; if it is inclined to act, it'll wait for a better case to come along.

The perfunctory opposition smells like a last grasp of bill churning, to get more of the estate
That's what it appears to be to my IANAL eyes as well, although I find it hard to believe that there is an estate left. I would have thought they had pretty well skinned TT and his wife with the trial. He wasn't worth what he claimed and I wouldn't think her retirement was enough to have lasted this long. I would love to know what they've soaked them for so far.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
Redunzl
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:01 am
Location: FEMA CAMP AGENDA 21
Occupation: Observer.

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9822

Post by Redunzl » Thu May 16, 2019 1:37 pm

bob wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:24 am
The perfunctory opposition smells like a last grasp of bill churning, to get more of the estate
Yeah - that.
==
“They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
-- Sandinista state censor Nelba Blandon/1984

User avatar
DejaMoo
Posts: 4550
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:19 pm
Occupation: Agent of ZOG

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9823

Post by DejaMoo » Thu May 16, 2019 1:47 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 pm
bob wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:24 am
The perfunctory opposition smells like a last grasp of bill churning, to get more of the estate
That's what it appears to be to my IANAL eyes as well, although I find it hard to believe that there is an estate left. I would have thought they had pretty well skinned TT and his wife with the trial. He wasn't worth what he claimed and I wouldn't think her retirement was enough to have lasted this long. I would love to know what they've soaked them for so far.
IIRC, Marie was a school teacher, meaning she's most likely on the Florida State pension system, which is a defined-benefit plan. Her pension won't 'run out', though she may still be making debt payments on the legal bills for awhile.

As for the lack of an obituary, given the amount of attention the family has doubtless received due to Terry's shenanigans, it would be safer and wiser to forgo an obituary and use more private means to notify close friends and immediate family of the funeral plans. She and her daughter do not deserve any further harassment, either by supporters or detractors (I'm sure they've gotten plenty already).

She's the one I feel sorriest for, because she's the one carrying the main burden of Terry's folly. Sure, he got put away for the last few years of his life, but for her, the stress and the expenses continued, and probably will continue for awhile longer.

If I were Marie, I'd be mighty tempted to simply refuse to pay any outstanding legal bills. Better yet, forward them to Roger Dowdell.
I've heard this bull before.

User avatar
Orlylicious
Posts: 8897
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:02 pm
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9824

Post by Orlylicious » Thu May 16, 2019 2:42 pm

Who is Robert Malove? He's in Fort Lauderdale which sounds like an Inger Garcia recommendation. Haven't had time to look him up but it doesn't seem like Terry's family needs to keep paying legal fees?

Malove.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Avatar Photo: Kellogg's commemorates Anna Von Strudel de la PopTart's descent into insanity with a new cereal!

User avatar
realist
Posts: 34716
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9825

Post by realist » Thu May 16, 2019 2:48 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:42 pm
Who is Robert Malove? He's in Fort Lauderdale which sounds like an Inger Garcia recommendation. Haven't had time to look him up but it doesn't seem like Terry's family needs to keep paying legal fees?


Malove.JPG
From The Law Offices of Robert David Malove
"Fort Lauderdale expert criminal trial lawyer, Robert David Malove, defends people under investigation or who have been arrested for serious crimes, a partial list of offenses includes: DUI, DUI with serious bodily injury, DUI manslaughter, vehicular homicide, domestic violence, drug offenses, crimes of violence, economic crimes, sex crimes and healthcare fraud in Florida and federal courts. Mr. Malove regularly appears on behalf of individuals at civil injunction hearings as part of his domestic violence practice. In addition, Mr. Malove has a robust post-conviction and appellate practice in Florida and throughout the United States. If you or someone you know needs serious criminal defense, call Robert Malove. 954-861-0384."
https://www.robertmalovelaw.com/
ImageX 4 ImageX36
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Terry Trussell”