Arkansas Governor 2022

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:thankyou:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by sugar magnolia »

We aren't doing it single-handedly, but thank you.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:58 pm We aren't doing it single-handedly, but thank you.
So true!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Kendra »

Huckabee-Sanders: “The best thing conservatives can do who are living in blue states is move to Arkansas. It’s really simple. We’re gonna make sure that kids are protected and that they’re in good learning environments.”
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Slim Cognito »

I think they should move to Arkansas, too. Then we can get fairer representation in the House.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Resume18

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Resume18 »

Kendra wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:50 pm
Huckabee-Sanders: “The best thing conservatives can do who are living in blue states is move to Arkansas. It’s really simple. We’re gonna make sure that kids are protected and that they’re in good learning environments.”
Not at 47th in education ranking, and 27th in education quality you're not.

Who does she think she's bullshitting? Oh that's right, her constituancy.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
sugar magnolia

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by sugar magnolia »

Didn't she just sign a law allowing children to work in dangerous jobs?
pipistrelle

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:32 pm Didn't she just sign a law allowing children to work in dangerous jobs?
The replies are full of references to that.
sad-cafe

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by sad-cafe »

I taught in Arkansas for 2 years.

I made a 10 grand jump in salary just moving states.

The kids were awesome, but they clearly had not been taught much before me!

And my little district took a full week off for the county fair!
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

sad-cafe wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:10 pm I taught in Arkansas for 2 years.

Where and when???..I taught in south Arkansas in the 70's and represented the teachers' union through 2010.

In south Arkansas deer hunting is a major tourist attraction. Schools close on the first day of deer hunting season.
sad-cafe

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by sad-cafe »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:31 am
sad-cafe wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:10 pm I taught in Arkansas for 2 years.

Where and when???..I taught in south Arkansas in the 70's and represented the teachers' union through 2010.

In south Arkansas deer hunting is a major tourist attraction. Schools close on the first day of deer hunting season.
Decatur 99-2001
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

Pissed Librarians Come for Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ Kids Book Ban
A new law threatens prison for Arkansas librarians who let kids access books deemed objectionable. A coalition of book lovers is suing.

Kelly Weill Reporter
Updated Jun. 02, 2023 4:49PM ET / Published Jun. 02, 2023 2:21PM ET

A coalition of librarians, booksellers, readers, and authors are filing suit against Arkansas, challenging the state for a sweeping new law that threatens jail time for librarians.

The suit, filed Friday by a group including the Arkansas Library Association and the Central Arkansas Library System, takes aim at Arkansas Act 372, a new library law signed by Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders in March. The law, which critics describe as overbroad or unenforceable, implements a new system for challenging library books and threatens up to a year in prison for librarians who make banned books available to minors.

Carol Coffey, president of the Arkansas Library Association, described Act 372 as an attack on intellectual freedom.

“Library workers across Arkansas are rightly concerned that the overly broad edicts of Act 372 will prevent them from serving their patrons as they have always done, by providing a wide variety of materials to fill their information needs, and perhaps more importantly, materials that allow each child to see themselves in the books in their library,” Coffey said in a statement. The Arkansas Library Association is a plaintiff in the lawsuit.

“The primary mission of the Arkansas Library Association is to support libraries and library workers and to defend intellectual freedom. We join in this lawsuit because it is the best way for us to fulfill our mission.”

The lawsuit challenges the Arkansas law on constitutional grounds, claiming it violates Arkansans’ 1st and 14th amendment rights. Following a 2004 legal loss, Arkansas cannot fully ban library books to all patrons, the lawsuit notes. But the new law could have the practical effect of banning those books by labeling them inappropriate for minors and require the books be kept in “adult only” areas, which many facilities lack. “Their only choice will be to remove all materials which might be deemed harmful to their youngest, least developed patrons or customers,” the lawsuit reads.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/librarian ... s-book-ban
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

Some smart Arkansas lawyers are representing Plaintiffs. The Repub attorney general represents the state. He’s wiley, but no match lawyer wise for the Plaintiffs’ team.
Kendra

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

I wonder how well Arkansas is really doing.

It has this board www.arkansasedc.com that claims to be interested in the future of the local economy, although their latest showing of foreign investments does not go past 2018 --> https://www.arkansasedc.com/business-re ... -companies
Arkansas Investments.jpg
Arkansas Investments.jpg (165.6 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
RTH10260

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

Sanders off to Europe to meet aerospace, defense executives
by Michael R. Wickline | Today at 3:22 a.m.

FILE - Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders speaks, Feb. 7, 2023, in Little Rock, Ark. As the federal government scrambles to crack down on surging child labor violations, some state lawmakers want to let children work longer hours and in more hazardous occupations. Gov. Sanders signed a law in March eliminating work permit requirements for children under 16, thereby also eliminating the age verification and parental consent required to obtain a permit. (Al Drago/Pool Photo via AP, File)

Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is departing today on an European trade mission and will return next week, Sanders' spokeswoman Alexa Henning said late Tuesday afternoon.

Sanders and the Arkansas team will meet with executives in the aerospace and defense industry from companies that include Lockheed Martin, Aerojet Rocketdyne, Dassault Falcon, Ducommun, Raytheon, Triumph and others in Paris and Cologne, Germany, according to the governor's office.

"I'm honored to announce that I will be representing Arkansas on my first overseas trade mission to Europe," Sanders said in a written statement.

"Alongside Commerce Secretary Hugh McDonald and Arkansas Economic Development Commission Executive Director Clint O'Neal, I'll meet with American, British, French and German business executives to make the case for investing in Arkansas and bringing good-paying jobs to our state," the Republican governor said.

Staff from the Arkansas Economic Development Commission, the governor's Chief of Staff Gretchen Conger and Deputy Chief of Staff Judd Deere will join Sanders, McDonald and O'Neal on the trip, Henning said.

Asked about the cost of the trip to the state and/or to the Arkansas Economic Development Foundation, Henning said "there are quite a few expenses that we won't have calculated until after the trip.

"Typically, we provide a full summary at the conclusion of the trip," she said.

The Arkansas Economic Development Foundation is a privately financed, nonprofit group.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/202 ... e-defense/
RVInit

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RVInit »

Oh golly. Could she be crossing her fingers that the orange pus bag will go down and she can jump into the race and needs some time overseas to try to say she has foreign something or other experience? A la, DeSantis.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
New Turtle

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by New Turtle »

There are rumors about rob desanctus wanting to put her on his ticket during the primary season. Because picking the VP before the convention worked out so well for Ted Cruz I guess.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by raison de arizona »

Her new ad featuring Gavin Newsom.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders @SarahHuckabee wrote: All that in heels.
Little White Dude @EvenOdds1949 wrote: Arkansas is in the bottom five of every major measurable of quality of life.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Resume18

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Resume18 »

Arkansas is in the bottom five of every major measurable of quality of life.
So there's a chance . . . Sara can take it to the very bottom?

Ar Kan Saw!! Ar Kan Saw!! Ar Kan Saw!!
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

:bag:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by raison de arizona »

Arkansas is not safe for children. Neither is Nebraska.
((MRW))🇺🇸#🟦 @marcyrw wrote: Sarah Huckabee Sanders (MAGA - Ark) signed new child labor laws that legally allow this to happen in Arkansas, and if a child gets hurt, the company is shielded from any and all liability.
60 Minutes @60Minutes wrote: These photos show children working in a Nebraska slaughterhouse – their faces are obscured. The Labor Department found more than 100 children were working in dangerous conditions, some reporting chemical burns. 60 Minutes reports, tonight.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:27 pm Arkansas is not safe for children. Neither is Nebraska.
((MRW))🇺🇸#🟦 @marcyrw wrote: Sarah Huckabee Sanders (MAGA - Ark) signed new child labor laws that legally allow this to happen in Arkansas, and if a child gets hurt, the company is shielded from any and all liability.
60 Minutes @60Minutes wrote: These photos show children working in a Nebraska slaughterhouse – their faces are obscured. The Labor Department found more than 100 children were working in dangerous conditions, some reporting chemical burns. 60 Minutes reports, tonight.
Setting up a legal and social culture whereby children are as an ongoing generational thing recruited and prepared to sell their only asset, their bodies ... huh ... It's like they're, I dunno, grooming them or something.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

:bag:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by AndyinPA »

https://apnews.com/article/huckabee-san ... 3ab339cf8a
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Sarah Huckabee Sanders rose to national prominence in part during her time at the lectern as White House press secretary, but the purchase of a $19,000 lectern for the Arkansas governor is undergoing scrutiny and prompting claims that records about it have been altered.

A legislative panel next week will take up a lawmaker’s request for an audit to review the purchase of the lectern, which was bought in June for $19,029.25 with a state credit card. The Arkansas Republican Party reimbursed the state last month for the wood-paneled and blue lectern, which the state received in August.

“From my experience, where we’re at with this particular thing is we need to allow legislative audit go in,” Republican Sen. Jimmy Hickey, who requested the audit, said. “Everyone knows them, they do their work, they’re very thorough and then they produce a detailed report that comes to the Legislature through an open committee.”

Questions about the lectern, its cost, how it was purchased and even whether it existed has dominated political talk in Arkansas in recent weeks. The state’s largest newspaper, the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, ran a front-page photo of the lectern last week after Sanders’ office allowed the paper to view it.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “Governors & State Elections”