Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kendra

Re: Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Post by Kendra »

Almost forgot to mention, saw that vile Joe Concha on F&F First this morning. Complaining about Biden's light schedule today and then he's off for the weekend again. I don't recall any of them EVER complaining about Trump's never ending golf, plus his daily "executive time"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:06 pm Almost forgot to mention, saw that vile Joe Concha on F&F First this morning. Complaining about Biden's light schedule today and then he's off for the weekend again. I don't recall any of them EVER complaining about Trump's never ending golf, plus his daily "executive time"
Trump worked 24/7, dontchaknow? He had many meetings and phone calls on the golf course, or whatever that BS they said was.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:41 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:06 pm Almost forgot to mention, saw that vile Joe Concha on F&F First this morning. Complaining about Biden's light schedule today and then he's off for the weekend again. I don't recall any of them EVER complaining about Trump's never ending golf, plus his daily "executive time"
Trump worked 24/7, dontchaknow? He had many meetings and phone calls on the golf course, or whatever that BS they said was.
Work, work, work, that's all he did all day :liar:

I forgot to mention also today on F&F they showed the clip of Biden talking to the lady with the Green Bay Packers shirt and him asking her to tell what's his name to get vaccinated. Kilmeade with just disgusted.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:thumbsup:

New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Tucker Carlson's guest: "We don't need a military that's woman-friendly, that's gay friendly" we need men "who want to sit on a throne of Chinese skulls, but we don't have that now. We can't get women off of naval vessels, that should be step one but most are pregnant anyway.
This guy his cheese has slid off his cracker
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Wait, wha? Did I hear that right? -- "we have to make sure there are enough tampons in the restrooms at the pentagon.."

:shock:
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

neonzx wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:51 pm Wait, wha? Did I hear that right? -- "we have to make sure there are enough tampons in the restrooms at the pentagon.."

The 36 years I worked on military bases, both in and out of uniform, the women bought and brought their own supplies. But I've never been to the pentagon so I wouldn't know what's in the restrooms, unlike this jackass.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

poplove wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:56 pm
neonzx wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:51 pm Wait, wha? Did I hear that right? -- "we have to make sure there are enough tampons in the restrooms at the pentagon.."

The 36 years I worked on military bases, both in and out of uniform, the women bought and brought their own supplies. But I've never been to the pentagon so I wouldn't know what's in the restrooms, unlike this jackass.
I can confirm. At least as of 2007 there were no tampons in the ladies’ room at the Pentagon.

While we’re on the topic of women in the military, when are we going to start requiring women to register for selective service, and why aren’t women of registration age demanding to be allowed to register?
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:21 am While we’re on the topic of women in the military, when are we going to start requiring women to register for selective service, and why aren’t women of registration age demanding to be allowed to register?
Sens. Josh Hawley of Missouri, Marco Rubio of Florida, Ted Cruz of Texas, Tom Cotton and John Boozman of Arkansas, Mike Lee of Utah, James Lankford of Oklahoma, Steve Daines of Montana, Roger Wicker and Cindy Hyde-Smith of Mississippi, and Roger Marshall of Kansas.
101010 :towel:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

northland10 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:33 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:21 am While we’re on the topic of women in the military, when are we going to start requiring women to register for selective service, and why aren’t women of registration age demanding to be allowed to register?
Sens. Josh Hawley of Missouri, Marco Rubio of Florida, Ted Cruz of Texas, Tom Cotton and John Boozman of Arkansas, Mike Lee of Utah, James Lankford of Oklahoma, Steve Daines of Montana, Roger Wicker and Cindy Hyde-Smith of Mississippi, and Roger Marshall of Kansas.
What about them?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:58 pm
northland10 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:33 pm
What about them?
It had been brought up during a defense bill a month or two back. These folks were pushing to get it dropped from the bill, which I assume succeeded for now.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I don't know what thread works best, but since Acosta is mocking Fox, I choose here. Do go to the thread and watch all three clips.
raison de arizona

Everything has to be a kill shot and death. And it's been that way for awhile. Remember Sarah Palin putting cross hairs on political opponents ten years ago? Nothing has changed.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Is thar sufficient for an interview with the FBI?

comparing with https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 799#p69799
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:54 pm Is thar sufficient for an interview with the FBI?
I hope so.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Kendra wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:15 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:54 pm Is thar sufficient for an interview with the FBI?
I hope so.
The link took me to a video of Jim Cramer announcing he has Covid-19.

ETA: https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/21/media/fa ... index.html
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
raison de arizona

Fauci says Jesse Watters should 'be fired on the spot' after Fox News host's 'kill shot' comments
The conservative provocateur urged people to "ambush" the nation's top infectious disease doctor and to record "kill shot" confrontations.

Dr. Anthony Fauci on Tuesday called out the "crazy" threats made against him by Fox News Channel’s Jesse Watters, saying the conservative provocateur should "be fired on the spot."

The nation's top infectious disease doctor, appearing on CNN's "New Day," was responding to comments Watters made over the weekend to the conservative, pro-Trump youth group Turning Point USA.

Watters told the group to "ambush" Fauci in the streets and to record a rhetorical "kill shot."

"That's horrible. I mean that is such a reflection of the craziness that goes on in society," Fauci said. "The only thing that I have ever done throughout these two years is to encourage people to practice good public health practices, to get vaccinated, to be careful in public settings, to wear a mask and for that you have some guy out there saying that people should be giving me a kill shot to ambush me?"

In his remarks to the far-right youth group, Watters appeared to link Fauci to wild conspiracy theories that connect the respected researcher to alleged biowarfare.
:snippity:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fa ... s-rcna9521
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Lani wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:57 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:15 pm
I hope so.
The link took me to a video of Jim Cramer announcing he has Covid-19.

ETA: https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/21/media/fa ... index.html
Hangs head in shame. That keyboard hasn't been the same since I spilled syrup on it. : :bag:

Thanks for posting correct link. :bighug:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:doh: :doh: :doh:

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:sick:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Fox News Issues Strong Response After Fauci Calls For Jesse Watters To Be Fired

Fox News on Tuesday issued a statement standing behind network host Jesse Watters, after unelected bureaucrat Dr. Anthony Fauci called for Watters’ immediate firing over comments the host made at a Turning Point USA political conference this week.

Watters implored conservatives to engage in “Project Veritas”-style journalism against Fauci and others, including Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren (MA), explaining how to execute a “set up” question, and then go in for the rhetorical “kill shot.” Watters also told attendees to be “respectful” when they encounter political figures.

Fauci seemed to suggest on CNN airwaves that Watters was not using metaphors, but speaking literally, and trashed the host for his choice of words, The Daily Wire reported.

Fox News on Tuesday said in a statement to The Daily Wire that “it’s more than clear” that Watters was not being literal, and noted the controversy surrounding Fauci’s apparent ties to gain-of-function research.

“Based on watching the full clip and reading the entire transcript, it’s more than clear that Jesse Watters was using a metaphor for asking hard-hitting questions to Dr. Fauci about gain-of-function research and his words have been twisted completely out of context,” the statement read.
:snippity:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/fox-news ... o-be-fired
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

Watters is a rabid nasty bit of toilet scum, who I believe is WYSIWYG.
raison de arizona

:bwahaha:

I was listening to this earlier on the radio, so I had no idea they were remote. It's much funnier now than it was then!

I don't think you are supposed to say that part out loud.
.@JesseBWatters: "I work at Fox. I want to see disarray on the left. It’s good for America. It’s good for our ratings."
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Who appointed Merriam-Webster?': Fox News guest throws a fit over definition of 'anti-vaxxer'
David Edwards
January 03, 2022

Fox News contributor Marc Thiessen on Monday lashed out at Merriam-Webster after the dictionary company updated the definition of "anti-vaxxer."

A spokesperson for Merriam-Webster told USA Today that one word was changed to clarify that anti-vaxxers oppose "regulations" mandating vaccines as well as "laws."

"The reason for the change from 'laws' to 'regulations' is that overwhelming citational evidence shows that this term is used regarding vaccine policies for school districts, restaurants, concert venues and bars, and that many of these policies are not laws,", Merriam-Webster Editor-at-large Peter Sokolowski explained.

Fox News host Dana Perino asked Thiessen about the changes during an interview on Fox News.

“There is a new definition in Merriam-Webster’s dictionary," Perino said. "This is not a joke, folks. a change of the definition of an anti-vaxxer to a person who opposes the use of vaccines or regulations mandating vaccinations. You are a wordsmith. I know that having worked with you in the past. This makes no sense.”

“No, it doesn’t," Thiessen agreed. "Who appointed Merriam-Webster? I didn’t realize they were public health experts to decide what is the definition of an anti-vaxxer.”

https://www.rawstory.com/marc-thiessen- ... efinition/

Return to “Current Politics”