White House.gov We The People Petitions

Grumpy Old Guy

Re: White House.gov We The People Petitions

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:23 pm

Preserve the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities is doing well too. 141,500 plus.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... humanities

bob

Post by bob » Wed May 24, 2017 1:15 am

WTP: Make Donald Trump take the AP US History Exam and publish his answers:
The American public expects Donald Trump, the President of the United States, to have a working knowledge of the history of our country. His recent comments about the Civil War and Andrew Jackson have raised some doubt about his familiarity with the story of our great country. In order to quell these doubts, we suggest that President Donald Trump take the AP US History Exam while being proctored by an actual APUSH teacher and publish his answers publicly for the world to see. After all, I am sure he believes that his knowledge of our history is tremendous and would want to tell everyone when he passes the test bigly by writing the best words.
:thumbs:

It is pretty obvious this administration has abandoned this program: there are numerous petitions that crossed the 100,000 signature threshold but there was no response in 60 days (as advertised on the site).
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Wed May 24, 2017 7:13 am

I doubt that TRump thinks he knows much history. He does not see the value of such knowledge.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

bob

Post by bob » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:42 pm

WaPo: White House takes down ‘We the People’ petitions site before responding to a single one:
The White House has taken down a popular online tool created by President Barack Obama's administration that allowed the public to create online petitions, some of which required an official response.

All of the petitions, including one that called on President Trump to release his tax returns — the most popular, with more than a million signatures — disappeared from Petitions.WhiteHouse.Gov as part of what a statement posted on the site said was part of a maintenance effort to improve its performance.

The statement said that the site, as well as all of its existing petitions, would be restored by the end of January.

“All existing petitions and associated signatures have been preserved and will be available when the site is relaunched,” the note said. “Following the site's relaunch, petitions that have reached the required number of signatures will begin receiving responses.”
To paraphrase the old joke, they didn't say January of which year.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:35 pm

Another old one: Pull the other one; it plays jingle bells. :bangwall:

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:18 pm

WE THE PEOPLE ASK THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO CALL ON CONGRESS TO ACT ON AN ISSUE:
Federal Investigation into Arizona Voter Fraud
Created by T.S. on November 11, 2018

We the People demand Congress to immediately begin a federal, prosecutorial investigation into the suspected voter fraud in Arizona, especially as it pertains to the current Senate race between Martha McSally and Kirsten Sinema.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... 7beulf6d2o

Sign This Petition

1,015 SIGNED 100,000 GOAL
Needs 98,985 signatures by December 11, 2018 to get a response from the White House

Rachel Gastiaburo shared a link.
11 mins ·
https://www.facebook .com/gastiaburo/posts/10156787727333245
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:21 pm

So predictable.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:04 pm

WE THE PEOPLE ASK THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO TAKE OR EXPLAIN A POSITION ON AN ISSUE OR POLICY:
To abolish unlawful, unjust, and unconstitutional gun laws in Washington state (I-1639).
Created by J.B. on November 13, 2018

The great state of Washington, through fraudulent petitioning and tricky wording, has placed on the ballot and passed I-1639; one of the strictest anti-gun laws in our country. We The People therefor ask that our great President and our public servants, step in and abolish such laws restricting, infringing upon and/or otherwise limiting our right, that has been guaranteed to us within the 2nd amendment of the Bill of Rights, and further protected and solidified through centuries of bloodshed and legal proceedings.

We The People humbly and gracefully plead for your helping hand Mr. President. Please put an end to the destruction of our freedoms and liberties by protecting our second amendment rights; here in Washington state and throughout the states of our great country.

Thank you.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... 2KQsWpUSUM

Sign This Petition
Needs 80,526 signatures by December 13, 2018 to get a response from the White House
19,474 SIGNED 100,000 GOAL

Melina Grace
Yesterday at 1:15 PM ·
Please sign and share!
https://www.facebook .com/permalink.php?story_fbid=713559185689492&id=100011062504780

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:14 pm

BS. Everyone here in Washington knew what was on the ballot. It was very clearly worded.

Plus, what do they expect Trump to do about this state issue?
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

bob

Post by bob » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:29 pm

SLQ wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:14 pm
WTP petitions -- especially under the current president -- is just Festivus, i.e., the airing of grievances, i.e., slacktivism virtue signaling, i.e., :mememe:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:55 pm

SLQ wrote:
BS. Everyone here in Washington knew what was on the ballot. It was very clearly worded.

When he can intervene in state elections and vote counting, shirley he can annule the law by his E.O. power!
► Show Spoiler

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:07 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:55 pm
SLQ wrote:

When he can intervene in state elections and vote counting, shirley he can annule the law by his E.O. power!
► Show Spoiler
LOL
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:42 pm

WE THE PEOPLE ASK THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO CALL ON CONGRESS TO ACT ON AN ISSUE:
Investigate Voter Fraud on a National Level
Created by T.S. on November 11, 2018

We the People demand suspected voter fraud be investigated on a national level and have the ones responsible for voter manipulation indicted and prosecuted for this serious federal crime.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... 6VVUTsl4mU

6,391 SIGNED 100,000 GOAL

Needs 93,609 signatures by December 11, 2018 to get a response from the White House

Rachel Gastiaburo
13 mins ·
Sign and pass it on. Thank you
https://www.facebook .com/gastiaburo/posts/10156794097693245

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:08 am

Obviously no friends of the 10th Amendment :think:

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:28 am

This could also go in the Q thread and/or The Stupid It Burns
WE THE PEOPLE ASK THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO PROPOSE A NEW ADMINISTRATION POLICY:
Order Marines to rescue the child sex slaves under the Getty Center in LA. #8
Created by S.K. on December 16, 2018

Q-anon

Of the million children that go missing in the USA every year, 100,000 are never seen again. We know that these children are being kidnapped, held captive, tortured, raped, murdered, and eaten. We know that the constant stream of high profile pedophile arrests, are the tip of the iceberg. The main nest of these criminal pedophiles is inside of the bunker below the Getty Center museum in Los Angeles, Calif.. We demand that our Marine Corp be called to OCCUPY THE GETTY, access the elevator to the bunker, and immediately free our children and return them to the surface. Do not allow these monsters to use underground bunkers, under the pretense of "continuity of Government", to rape and eat our children in honor of their Satanic beliefs.
Bless those with the courage to sign this.
Sign This Petition
Needs 99,757 signatures by January 15, 2019 to get a response from the White House

243 SIGNED 100,000 GOAL

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... xid3SbSKuA

Marie Cogdill shared a post. <This was the latest post>
► Show Spoiler
Tina Melo
16 hrs
URGENT!

Please everyone I beg you to sign this petition if you care about saving the children please sign and share.
#savethechildren
#childtrafficking
#qanon
#WWG1WGA
#vanon
#maga
Real Donald Trump Tweets
Lazaro Ecenarro
Shar Angelastro
Veronica Petersen
Val d'Vonn
Valerie K. Lazarus
Angela Greene
Tina B Melo
Tina Melo
► Show Spoiler
Marie Cogdill shared a link. <Her earlier post was to share a link to the Petition>
► Show Spoiler
Comments: either she is talking to herself or a friend that comments don't display publicly

Marie Cogdill "We the citizens" are indoctrinated morons who don't know they are not people, and they have no rights.
7h

Marie Cogdill We the people petition page is run by the Ovomit administration. Look it up.
Stop signing this petitions.
7h

Marie Cogdill Correct other than possibly the "morons" part. The People, or one, being deceived and lied to void of "Good Faith" does not constitute one a moron. As a People, with which all rights are forever retained and all powers reserved as the sovereign man or woman the law states each American is we simple need to right ourselves and our governance first by reclaiming ourselves and our property as private and secondly by throwing off the despotic entities which is our only duty as expressed in the declaration of independence.
7h

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:58 am

:rotflmao: Yeah, because the "Ovomit" administration is still in place and functioning as a government entity, to this very day.

I wish.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:04 pm

Rachel Gastiaburo shared a post.
1 hr ·
► Show Spoiler
Michael Lovell shared a link. <his post was on the CITIZENS FOR CONSTITUTIONAL FREEDOM page>
8 hrs
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... O9GN5_nH6Q

CITIZENS FOR CONSTITUTIONAL FREEDOM
DESCRIPTION
AXJ IMPLORES ALL MEMBERS OF THIS GROUP TO CREATE THEIR OWN AXJ WEBSITES ASAP. JUST GO TO: WWW.AXJ .COM . CITIZENS FOR CONSTITUTIONAL FREEDOM ( C4CF ) HAS BEEN CREATED BY THE BRAVE AMERICAN PATRIOTS AND MILITIA STANDING UP FOR THE US CONSTITUTION AND AGAINST ALL FORMS OF TYRANNY. JOIN US!
Internet: www.c4cf.us or www.c4cf.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AXJCCF/
THE PETITION

The removal of Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) from office, do to inappropriate and unstable actions becoming of a congresswoman.
Created by R.L. on January 04, 2019

Do to Rashida Tlaib actions and profanity, she is unfit to be a congresswoman. Her rude display and lack of respect for our sitting President was uncalled for. Her immediate removal from her seat is just and warranted. Do to her hatred towards our president, I feel she is a national security threat.
CIVIL RIGHTS & EQUALITY
HOMELAND SECURITY & DEFENSE

Sign This Petition
Needs 17,036 signatures by February 3, 2019 to get a response from the White House
82,964 SIGNED 100,000 GOAL

tek

Post by tek » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:44 am

yes well that's certainly something the executive branch can do! :sarcasm:
You can't go on
Thinking nothing's wrong

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:26 pm

Dolly wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:04 pm
THE PETITION

The removal of Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) from office, do to inappropriate and unstable actions becoming of a congresswoman.
Created by R.L. on January 04, 2019

Do to Rashida Tlaib actions and profanity, she is unfit to be a congresswoman. Her rude display and lack of respect for our sitting President was uncalled for. Her immediate removal from her seat is just and warranted. Do to her hatred towards our president, I feel she is a national security threat.
Sign This Petition
Needs 17,036 signatures by February 3, 2019 to get a response from the White House
82,964 SIGNED 100,000 GOAL
Do tue the inability of the author of the above, I will not be signing this petition. :blink:
"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:29 pm

Sunrise wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:26 pm
Do tue the inability of the author of the above, I will not be signing this petition. :blink:
Well, do to having seen that the Trump admin hasn't responded to any petitions since 2017 and my other do diligence efforts, I won't be signing either. :nope:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:34 pm

Nor I, but I believe in do process. :blink:
Hopefully, this will blossom into a snowball.

tek

Post by tek » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:36 pm

Foggy wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:34 pm
Nor I, but I due believe in do process. :blink:
FIFY
You can't go on
Thinking nothing's wrong

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:39 pm

:like:
Hopefully, this will blossom into a snowball.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Yes, it's a matter of due process.

The Rashida Tlaib matter is ENTIRELY up to the House of Representatives, and not to any other part of the govt. The US Constitution, Article I, sec. 5, makes this clear. If the House, with its Democratic majority, chooses not to punish a member for some locker-room talk, that's the end of it. Her constituents will have the final say at the next election.

Return to “President & Executive Branch”