Lauren Boebert - Carpetbaggin’ Vapin’ Yankin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

These people suck. They are bad people.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:38 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:29 pm Today is the big primary, word on the street is that this is going to be Boebert's death knell.

How sad.
And suddenly I have an interest in all this primary schlock!
Me too. I was going to tune out, but never mind.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:43 pm
p0rtia wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:38 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:29 pm Today is the big primary, word on the street is that this is going to be Boebert's death knell.

How sad.
And suddenly I have an interest in all this primary schlock!
Me too. I was going to tune out, but never mind.
Except that now we learn 1) it's not today, and 2) she is favored to win. Over and out.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Well that was a huge let-down.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

No. We pour money into the Democratic candidate, and pick a Republican we can beat.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:21 pm Well that was a huge let-down.
Dang.
raison de arizona

bill_g wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:23 pm No. We pour money into the Democratic candidate, and pick a Republican we can beat.
I believe the district is R+14 or something crazy like that.

It will be an uphill battle.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

The best hope is that the R voters in the district will not choose her to run. But with ten candidates, the MAGA ass-hat has a good chance.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

The good thing is that that district was R anyway, but the one she came from may go D (although without her I'm not certain about that; the D lost to her by only a few hundred votes). But if that's the case then instead of 2 districts being R, one will be R (the one she moved to) and her old one go D. So that's a win! *crossed fingers emoji*
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

Rolodex wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:08 pm The good thing is that that district was R anyway, but the one she came from may go D (although without her I'm not certain about that; the D lost to her by only a few hundred votes). But if that's the case then instead of 2 districts being R, one will be R (the one she moved to) and her old one go D. So that's a win! *crossed fingers emoji*
Her old district is pretty R as well, I think the only reason it was going D was because of her, a regular R can win it.

But hope springs eternal.
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:22 pm Her old district is pretty R as well, I think the only reason it was going D was because of her, a regular R can win it.
:yeahthat:

CO-3 is R+7 and hasn't elected a Democrat since 2008.

Boebert's new district (CO-4) is R+13 and also hasn't elected a Democrat since 2008.
Image ImageImage
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Dang.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:55 pmDang.
Look at the upside, the primary is several months off, and it is possible that enough drop out to where we no longer have to worry about paying for Qbert's healthcare for life...unlike Tinfoil-Greed in GA.... :smoking:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Boebert slams Buck’s decision as ‘weak sauce,’ says she won’t run in special election

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... press.coop
Boebert represents the state’s 3rd Congressional District, which includes the Western Slope and much of southern Colorado. She announced late last year, however, that she would be running for Buck’s seat, which is located in the 4th District in eastern Colorado, after Buck announced he would not be seeking reelection.

But Buck moved up his retirement, saying Tuesday he would be leaving Congress after the end of next week. The decision triggers a special election this summer to fill out the remainder of his term and threatens Boebert’s chances of being elected to his seat.

The development raised questions about whether Boebert would try to fill Buck’s seat for the remainder of his term. However, Boebert told The Hill: “I’m not leaving my constituents in the 3rd district.”

Boebert said she’s still planning to run in the GOP primary in June to serve the full two-year term in the 4th District and criticized Buck’s decision to leave his House seat early in a statement issued through her campaign.

“Ken Buck’s announcement yesterday was a gift to the Uniparty. The establishment concocted a swampy backroom deal to try to rig an election I’m winning by 25 points,” she said. “Forcing an unnecessary Special Election on the same day as the Primary Election will confuse voters, result in a lame duck Congressman on day one, and leave the 4th District with no representation for more than three months. The 4th District deserves better.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Since she is currently serving, and won't be a candidate for the special. Is Buck trying to get voters to go for one for other GOP candidates which may cause them to vote for the same GOP candidate in both the primary and the special? Is this to try an secure a GOP spot for the district and basically block her?
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

As above...
Republican Voters Against Trump @AccountableGOP wrote: Lauren Boebert claims that the “uni-party” got Ken Buck to resign so they could “rig” the election against her.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

northland10 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:32 pm Since she is currently serving, and won't be a candidate for the special. Is Buck trying to get voters to go for one for other GOP candidates which may cause them to vote for the same GOP candidate in both the primary and the special? Is this to try an secure a GOP spot for the district and basically block her?
Yes :)
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Damn, I'd almost buy the guy a beer for that.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

she's winning by 25 points?

I call BS
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:30 pm she's winning by 25 points?

I call BS
The only poll I found was Kaplan Strategies on 24 February and they had her at 32% compared to Lynch's 7%.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/po ... olorado/4/

A text poll:
https://www.courthousenews.com/text-pol ... -district/
Kaplan Strategies, based in Kissimmee, Florida, polled 558 registered voters living in Colorado’s 4th District on Feb. 24, of whom 57% are registered Republicans and 43% intend to vote as unaffiliated.

Thirty-two percent of people polled said they plan to vote for Lauren Boebert, while 49% indicated they are undecided and 19% chose from the nine other candidates running.
101010 :towel:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:30 pm As above...
Republican Voters Against Trump @AccountableGOP wrote: Lauren Boebert claims that the “uni-party” got Ken Buck to resign so they could “rig” the election against her.
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the "uni-party"?
bob

Post by bob »

noblepa wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:29 pm Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the "uni-party"?
A slur used by extremists to describe the Democratic and Republican parties, i.e., there's no meaningful difference between them (as perceived by those who would use such phraseology); "the elite"; "the ruling class"; etc.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

noblepa wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:29 pm Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the "uni-party"?
CNN wrote:What is ‘uniparty?’
The term “uniparty” has been a favorite of people like Steve Bannon, the former Trump White House official turned podcaster. He’s been using it for years in conjunction with the similarly cynical idea of Washington as a swamp that needs to be drained or the belief in a deep state that needs to be rooted out.

Bannon’s goal is to mobilize support for dismantling the current version of the US government.

The term also features prominently in the more-conservative-than-Fox-News media environment – networks like One America News, known as OAN, and Salem Radio.

‘Guerilla war’
“Right now, we are governed by a uniparty,” Rep. Matt Gaetz, the Florida Republican, told the former Trump administration official Sebastian Gorka in a September interview on the right-wing Salem News Channel in which he argued then-Speaker Kevin McCarthy was in cahoots with President Joe Biden and the Democratic leader, Rep. Hakeem Jeffries of New York. Gaetz posted the interview on his official House website.

“You’ve got a small band of House conservatives who are fighting, really, in a lot of ways, a political guerrilla war against that uniparty,” Gaetz said. In early October, it was Gaetz who moved to successfully oust McCarthy from the speakership.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/24/politics ... index.html
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Ah. Bobo got underbussed by her own people. Now she's mad. Oh goodness.
Attachments
Game Over 2.gif
Game Over 2.gif (473.54 KiB) Viewed 200 times
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Yeah, I think she already was losing whatever appeal she had with the tatters of the Republican party even before Beetlejuice and her husband and son's antics. Now if she could take Greene and Gaetz down too.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Maybe they are smartererer than her. I know. Hard to imagine.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”