Suranis

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Suranis

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:55 pm Those are good questions, vs. "What did I do to make him do that?" She seems aware she's not at fault.
Ya, I've been propping up her self confidence as best I can for a while now. Plus telling her what she is going though isn't normal, that it's a bad situation and people are not behaving like reasonable people behave.

She isn't the only woman I'm doing that for. *shrug* I guess because I'm behind a computer screen I'm safe to tell things to, and I'm a man so I can give that perspective as well. Plus if I think they are wrong I will say it, so They kinda trust my perspective I suppose.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So, I just got woken up at 4am with a Skype call by a woman who was crying her eyes out and she couldn't even talk for 15 minutes, and then I talked with her for an hour and a half.

So, its 5L45am, and for those people who say I hate women... the evidence says otherwise. :|
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Suranis

Post by Foggy »

Your life is so exciting! :superhero:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Suranis

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Flat report because I'm griping.: What my flat looks like Three and a half months after the fire.

Now the builders are saying they don't have anyone to install the windows so it will take another 3 weeks to do that and apperently they cant do anything before then. I wouldn't mind but there is nothing wrong with the windows. There was a screen door that got warped in the fire and that needs to be replaced but that's it. Also they ripped out the doors and there was nothing wrong with them either. Basically the Builders are messing the owners around and I'm stuck. I'm beyond fed up

IMG_20230921_123406_1.jpg
IMG_20230921_123406_1.jpg (146.88 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
Hic sunt dracones
sad-cafe

Suranis

Post by sad-cafe »

wow

so sorry
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Suranis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time of it :( :bighug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Suranis

Post by AndyinPA »

How aggravating. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
much ado

Suranis

Post by much ado »

Sorry you are having to deal with this.

Hope your situation improves soon.
Suranis

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

OK. Update.

As some may recall, I had a fire in my place 7 months ago. I was told it would take 3 months on the outside for me to get back. Well, its 7 months later, and I'm not back.

The big big big problem was the windows. The people contracted to lake them refused to, and then refused to install them. For 3 months. Finally they delivered them the day before the Christmas holidays, and they installed them 2 weeks after new years.

Since then work has been slowly progressing on the flat. But last Tuesday week the electrics on my mothers house started sparking. We called the fire brigade and to cut a long story short she needed to fix the roof and get electricians to put in a new fuse board as the old one had been there since the 1970s. And now we need the electricity company to put in a new power cable as the old one had not been put in right in the first place.

So I have been sitting here for nearly 2 weeks with no power in the house. I'm writing this because my brother rigged up a line of extension cords from the farmyard to the house, and I had a camping stove here in case of a power cut.

So, I guess I'm bad luck for electricity stuff.

My relationship with my mother is strained at best. The stress of me being stuck here has been exacerbated by the power situation and we have been fighting. So, ya, I'm really hoping this stuff is over soon.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Suranis

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:bighug:

I just have no words. Stress upon stress.

Sending positive thoughts your way! And lots of hugs. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Suranis

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Suranis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:01 pm :snippity:
So, ya, I'm really hoping this stuff is over soon.
Patience Grasshopper, all things find a way to work themselves out eventually. :bighug:
June bug

Suranis

Post by June bug »

:bighug: :bighug:
Suranis

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Just rang the guy in charge of the apartment, and learned that the people who were supposed to arrive to put down the floor never turned up. Welcome to my life for the last 7 months.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Thought I would do an update. Basically we were without power for 3 whole weeks, and it was the electricians fault. he put in the wrong MPRN number into the Safety completion certificate, and if I hadn't escalated it to a manager at the power company we would never have found out. We have 2 power meters on our property, the other one handles the Farmyard. And the Electrician put the farmyard number down.

The manager checked out the Certificate number on it and found out they had received the certificate the week before. They had been searching for the House MPRN so had missed the certificate. So when she said that there was a different MPRN number on the Certificate I twigged what had happened.

So I rang the electrician who posted a new form right then. The way it works in Ireland is that it is posted onto a company that certifies contractors. That verifies it and sends it to the company that handles the network, and THAT reconnects it.

So I kept checking the website of the safety company, then I rang the network company on Tuesday morning and they said "Yes, we have the certificate, so when would you like the appointment to be tomorrow." WAH? "Sorry, we only schedule appointments 24 hours in advance." AAAARRRGH!!!

So anyway, we got hooked up the next morning. I scheduled the afternoon but the came in the morning. I didn't complain.

As for my flat, I was told at the end of last week that the work will probably be done at the end of this week. I've heard that before. I am beyond fed up, and my mother sniping at me is not helping.

For example, I got her a fire safety set consisting of an Extinguisher and a fire safety blanket, and also a Johnny Cash CD and dvd combo. But I got a CD pack for myself of an artist that I like called Delores Keane. But mom had a look at it and started hinting that she wanted it with "So I can take one of the CDs for myself, right?" So I had to give her that as well.

After that she started making fun of me when My Brother visited. Great laugh.

So, I am very, very ready to go Home.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Suranis

Post by bill_g »

Three weeks without power because of dyslexia. Wonderful.
MN-Skeptic

Suranis

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

I sure hope everything gets back to normal soon. This has dragged on too long! Sending hugs and warm thoughts your way.
Suranis

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I got a phone call yesterday. Basically looks like my flat will be available from next Wednesday onwards.

I don't know how to feel about it. Its been so long. My Mother will be dancing a Jig though.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Suranis

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Oh my! I was looking back and it's been 8 months since the fire in your flat. Unbelievable! So it's like coming home, but to a different but same home. I hope you give us an update after you've had a few days to acclimate. Again, sending hugs. :bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Suranis

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, photos of the rebuilt flat, por favor. :dance:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Suranis

Post by keith »

Yea! Sounds like party time :groupdance: to me.

And a debauched time will be had by all ;)
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Fiascoist

Suranis

Post by Fiascoist »

Fingers crossed that Wednesday is really Wednesday and not Wednesdayish several weeks from now. And to get settled in, priceless!
Suranis

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Fiascoist wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:07 am Fingers crossed that Wednesday is really Wednesday and not Wednesdayish several weeks from now. And to get settled in, priceless!
Just heard that "Wednesday" has been turned into Thursday. Because the gods wants to hit me, baby, one last time, on THOR'SDAY!!
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Suranis

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:03 pm
Fiascoist wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:07 am Fingers crossed that Wednesday is really Wednesday and not Wednesdayish several weeks from now. And to get settled in, priceless!
Just heard that "Wednesday" has been turned into Thursday. Because the gods wants to hit me, baby, one last time, on THOR'SDAY!!
What year?
Suranis

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:14 pm What year?
Well, as Mitch McConnell might say, we have to let the American People have their voice first.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Suranis

Post by RTH10260 »

:rimshot:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”