The Stupid Thread

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

The Stupid Thread

Post by Foggy »

Everyone has a reputation, but his is surely well urned.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
roadscholar

The Stupid Thread

Post by roadscholar »

Shame it wasn't a greasin' urn.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

He's so lucky they weren't drunk enough to see if he'd float in the pool.

PS: If half man / half horse is called a centaur, what do we call a half man / half urn?
► Show Spoiler
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

The Stupid Thread

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:40 am
Dish soap. Ever had to get a ring off of your finger? He could have been extracted quite simply without damaging the urn. Wipe himself down with soap, slide off the pants (ladies, don't look :cantlook:), and out he comes.
Yeah, the defect in your suggestion is that if he could get his hands into the urn to take his pants off he wouldnt be stuck in the first place...

Unless he has a prehensile dick of course, in which case you couldn't keep (most) of the ladies a way with a team of horses.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Rolodex

The Stupid Thread

Post by Rolodex »

The proper use of an urn: you ski with one.
urn.jpg
urn.jpg (113.03 KiB) Viewed 43256 times
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Sam the Centipede

The Stupid Thread

Post by Sam the Centipede »

From the world of old dad jokes:

What's a Grecian urn?

I dunno, about fifty drachmas a day?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

The Stupid Thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rimshot:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

The Stupid Thread

Post by Foggy »

Rolodex wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:04 pm The proper use of an urn: you ski with one. urn.jpg
Is that how they do it in Alabama? I don't remember using an urn when I waterskiied, in my wayward youth. Looks like fun, as long as you're not in the urn when it bounces or the boat slows down. :shock:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Rolodex

The Stupid Thread

Post by Rolodex »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:39 am
Rolodex wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:04 pm The proper use of an urn: you ski with one. urn.jpg
Is that how they do it in Alabama? I don't remember using an urn when I waterskiied, in my wayward youth. Looks like fun, as long as you're not in the urn when it bounces or the boat slows down. :shock:
As was said in the topic regarding Connor and His Urn Escape, many bad ideas are birthed at a New Year's Eve party. As was this one. We talked about skiing weird things for July 4, the challenge was accepted, and so far, for 25 Independence Days, an ..erm...unexpected contraption has been skied. So far, no one has been injured and the only "accident" was the time the toilet being skied broke halfway around. This being Alabama, we had an extra unused toilet available and so the day was saved.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

The Stupid Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

Alabama Toilet Skiing - you learn something new every day!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Rolodex

The Stupid Thread

Post by Rolodex »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:32 pm Alabama Toilet Skiing - you learn something new every day!
I have some pix but I get a message the file is too big. The pics aren't great, though, because they are photos of photos that were water damaged in Hurricane Michael. The toilet was in the years before digital pix (or phone cameras, really), so I have photographed all the pix I had that had been water damaged; at least I have a digital record of shenanigans now!
Suranis

The Stupid Thread

Post by Suranis »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:44 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:32 pm Alabama Toilet Skiing - you learn something new every day!
I have some pix but I get a message the file is too big. The pics aren't great, though, because they are photos of photos that were water damaged in Hurricane Michael. The toilet was in the years before digital pix (or phone cameras, really), so I have photographed all the pix I had that had been water damaged; at least I have a digital record of shenanigans now!
Open them in Microsoft Paint, reduce the sise by 50% or more (I usually do 75% reduction) and save them as a new file. Then post that.
Hic sunt dracones
Rolodex

The Stupid Thread

Post by Rolodex »

Thank! I have a Mac and forgot I can resize in Preview. Just prior to launch of toiletski. Poor quality due to being a photo of a water-damaged photo.
toilet1997closeupsmaller.jpg
toilet1997closeupsmaller.jpg (122.48 KiB) Viewed 42485 times
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

The Stupid Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

:lol: that's great. I'm going to associate that pic with Alabama in my head from here on out, I'm afraid! :lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

The Stupid Thread

Post by Foggy »

:thumbsup:
Rolodex

The Stupid Thread

Post by Rolodex »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:07 pm :lol: that's great. I'm going to associate that pic with Alabama in my head from here on out, I'm afraid! :lol:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: I have decades of this nonsense. I do have to come clean about where - we do live in Alabama, but these ski pics are in the FL panhandle (which is basically Alabama).
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

Yes it is. I grew up in the painhaindul.
sad-cafe

The Stupid Thread

Post by sad-cafe »

Estiveo wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:15 pm
Dave from down under wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:03 pm Aren’t they worried the bass might rise to the dangling lure? :whistle:
I've seen the photo of him being walked off after; there was no dangling involved. 🍄

Found it, NSFW;
► Show Spoiler
where is it? :point: :bwahaha:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

The Stupid Thread

Post by Frater I*I »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:40 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:07 pm :lol: that's great. I'm going to associate that pic with Alabama in my head from here on out, I'm afraid! :lol:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: I have decades of this nonsense. I do have to come clean about where - we do live in Alabama, but these ski pics are in the FL panhandle (which is basically Alabama).
The Redneck Riviera...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Deep-Fried toothpicks gains popularity overseas, despite safety warnings

FOX 26 Houston
28 Jan 2024

A unique trend is emerging overseas where people are deep-frying toothpicks made from sweet potatoes or cornstarch, often colored green with food coloring.

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

IMG_3145.PNG
IMG_3145.PNG (506.74 KiB) Viewed 33850 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Volkonski
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Volkonski »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:26 am
Deep-Fried toothpicks gains popularity overseas, despite safety warnings

FOX 26 Houston
28 Jan 2024

A unique trend is emerging overseas where people are deep-frying toothpicks made from sweet potatoes or cornstarch, often colored green with food coloring.
"Toothpicks" made from sweet potatoes? Probably very similar to-

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Rolodex

The Stupid Thread

Post by Rolodex »

I couldn't find a better place to put this, but if I missed it, please repost. This involves the stolen diary of Ashley Biden. Aimee Harris, who stole it (and then I think she tried to sell it?) is to be sentenced in NY 2/5. She lives in FL and has been ordered to be there in person. She says she has no ID so can't fly. First, she actually said the government had taken her passport, but then the government filed saying no, they never took possession of her passport.

The court told her to go get a non-drivers ID or take a bus or train but she has to be there. LOL
On February 2, Judge Swain docketed: "ORDER as to (22-Cr-457-1) Aimee Harris. The sentencing hearing in the above-captioned case will be held on Monday, February 5, 2024, at 2:30 p.m., in Courtroom 17C. Ms. Harris must appear in person. Ms. Harris is directed to do whatever is necessary, including obtaining a valid state identification card for travel by plane, or making alternative travel arrangements, to facilitate her in-person appearance at the sentencing. Ms. Harris is reminded that appearance in court as required is one of the conditions of her pretrial release and bond. SO ORDERED." Showdown...
https://www.innercitypress.com/sdny377e ... 20224.html
Dave from down under

The Stupid Thread

Post by Dave from down under »

I think it was discussed in the O’Keefe topic

Since..
“ Prosecutors said the woman, Aimee Harris, sold the diary to Project Veritas, a right-wing group, to enrich herself and hurt President Biden.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/22/us/p ... ncing.html
much ado

The Stupid Thread

Post by much ado »

Dave from down under wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:16 pm I think it was discussed in the O’Keefe topic

Since..
“ Prosecutors said the woman, Aimee Harris, sold the diary to Project Veritas, a right-wing group, to enrich herself and hurt President Biden.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/22/us/p ... ncing.html
I was just going to post that link. Here's a gift link to that same article...

NYT gift: Florida Woman Who Stole Diary of President’s Daughter Faces Sentencing

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”