trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

Uninformed wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:11 am
The good old U.S.A. is the only country in the whole wide world that is populated Real Christians.

Many of whom are the most self-centered Christians in the whole wide world.
Largo al factotum.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The law and order party lines up for photos with the criminal defendant.
Jeff Storobinsky @jeffstorobinsky wrote: I respect NYPD, just something wrong with this
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

keith wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:50 am
RTH10260 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:41 pm on the T bible edition, and its add-ons: the Constitution is incomplete and missing some amendments

This is pretty damning, BUT...

In my day, I have seen plenty of examples of Civics books which contain the entire Constitution including ALL the amendments PLUS the Bill Of Rights redisplayed on a separate page, often dressed up with marginalia like flags and the Statue of Liberty etc. I don't see anything in that video that precludes this.

If that is so, the train just gave MAGA a wedge issue - "you libtards just lied about the Trump Bible! THE BIBLE for cryin out loud!"
True, but in the video, he clearly shows one page with the Bill of Rights, while the very next page shows the Pledge of Allegiance. I have never seen a copy of the Constitution that included ONLY the BOR and not the other 17 amendments.

And, as someone else here pointed out, amendments, in the words of the Constitution, "shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution,". To claim that you have shown the Constitution without those amendments is, at best, disingenuous.
raison de arizona

In this episode, tfg confuses Jimmy Kimmel with Al Pacino. As one does.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

noblepa wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:03 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:41 pm on the T bible edition, and its add-ons: the Constitution is incomplete and missing some amendments

True, but in the video, he clearly shows one page with the Bill of Rights, while the very next page shows the Pledge of Allegiance. I have never seen a copy of the Constitution that included ONLY the BOR and not the other 17 amendments.

Yeah but the pages BEFORE the fancy BOR page were described as containing the Constitution. It was skimmed over quickly and no claim was made that it was without the full list of amendments.

Train's analysis is mostly correct, but his trigger premise is weak and likely false.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

noblepa wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:03 pm

This is pretty damning, BUT...

In my day, I have seen plenty of examples of Civics books which contain the entire Constitution including ALL the amendments PLUS the Bill Of Rights redisplayed on a separate page, often dressed up with marginalia like flags and the Statue of Liberty etc. I don't see anything in that video that precludes this.

If that is so, the train just gave MAGA a wedge issue - "you libtards just lied about the Trump Bible! THE BIBLE for cryin out loud!"

And, as someone else here pointed out, amendments, in the words of the Constitution, "shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution,". To claim that you have shown the Constitution without those amendments is, at best, disingenuous.
This aimed at folks who don't know/care that there are other amendments as they can't count higher than "10"
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm In this episode, tfg confuses Jimmy Kimmel with Al Pacino. As one does.
► Show Spoiler
To me, the gut-punching thing is how TFG becomes a vector of the Mandela Effect. Days and years from now, devoted MAGAts will swear with their hand on a sixty-dollah MAGA bible that they *saw* Kimmel make the award presentation flub in question.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Flatpoint High wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:54 pm This aimed at folks who don't know/care that there are other amendments as they can't count higher than "10"
The only amendment that most of them care about is the second. Maybe the first, at least when applied to themselves; not to others. Maybe, too, the fifth, but only when a Republican Trumpista invokes it.

The rest are of no importance.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

noblepa wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:15 pm
Flatpoint High wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:54 pm This aimed at folks who don't know/care that there are other amendments as they can't count higher than "10"
The only amendment that most of them care about is the second. Maybe the first, at least when applied to themselves; not to others. Maybe, too, the fifth, but only when a Republican Trumpista invokes it.

The rest are of no importance.
except the 10th
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona

Annie @AnnieForTruth wrote: Family celebrating a graduation! Eric, Ivana and her mother, Ivanka, Don Jr. Hmmm, who seems to be missing?!! 🙄
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:44 pm
Annie @AnnieForTruth wrote: Family celebrating a graduation! Eric, Ivana and her mother, Ivanka, Don Jr. Hmmm, who seems to be missing?!! 🙄
Obviously Trump is the one taking the photo. :lol:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He's in the centre. This is before he started wearing lifts and dying his hair.

:twisted:
Hic sunt dracones
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I saw somewhere that Sleepy Don didn't attend any of his kid's graduations but I could never verify that. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was true though.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
raison de arizona

According to tfg on Truth Social, he checked out a full year before his term was up, so you can't blame him for what happened in 2020!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump

He seems a wee bit stressed...
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I notice Trump's Pravda has one choice for cookies--accept. Most sites let you accept all, some, or none. What up with that?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:52 pm https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump

He seems a wee bit stressed...
His choice of N.C. - Foggy may be enroute to turn his event into disarray ;)
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:00 pm I notice Trump's Pravda has one choice for cookies--accept. Most sites let you accept all, some, or none. What up with that?
They need that information to sell.
optimusprime

Post by optimusprime »

Wilmington, with the Proud Boys in attendence.

Foggy - I've got you back!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 4764592611
So many lightweights and fakes go on MSNBC & CNN, along with other ratings challenged networks and platforms, purporting to know me as though they were a long lost relative, only to have virtually no knowledge of me, or anything about me. A weak and pathetic RINO named Miles Taylor, who worked with one of the dumber Generals around, John Kelly, speaks as though he has intimate knowledge of everything Trump. Other than seeing him on TV, I have no idea, from the Administration days, who the hell he is. I assume a con man because he gets paid for talking about a subject he knows nothing about, ME. But that doesn’t matter to NBC, to me one of the worst news organizations in the world. There are many other of these phonies as well, and I’ll let you all know who they are as soon as I get a chance. TRUTH!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:01 pm https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 4764592611
So many lightweights and fakes go on MSNBC & CNN, along with other ratings challenged networks and platforms, purporting to know me as though they were a long lost relative, only to have virtually no knowledge of me, or anything about me. A weak and pathetic RINO named Miles Taylor, who worked with one of the dumber Generals around, John Kelly, speaks as though he has intimate knowledge of everything Trump. Other than seeing him on TV, I have no idea, from the Administration days, who the hell he is. I assume a con man because he gets paid for talking about a subject he knows nothing about, ME. But that doesn’t matter to NBC, to me one of the worst news organizations in the world. There are many other of these phonies as well, and I’ll let you all know who they are as soon as I get a chance. TRUTH!
:cantlook: he can no longer recall his chief of staff? Of course he did not notice him cause he worked quietly in the background. And quietly made face palms when his master screwed with facts.

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kelly was only trumps longest serving chief of staff
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Fuckhead is clearly saying he has no idea who Miles Taylor is, not Kelly.

Syntax: correct for once.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:23 pm
Kendra wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:01 pm https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 4764592611
:cantlook: he can no longer recall his chief of staff? Of course he did not notice him cause he worked quietly in the background. And quietly made face palms when his master screwed with facts.

He’s referring to Taylor, not Kelly, in that whine.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”