trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
RVInit

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by RVInit »

At the June 3rd meeting between members of DOJ and Trump attorneys at MAL, one of the DOJ was the head of the Counterintelligence and Export Control section.

I don't think Merrick Garland or Christopher Wray, two men who generally shy away from the limelight, and appear to be very careful, methodical, and dot the i's cross the t's kind of guys, would carry out this kind of thing for anything other than something serious.

And if Trump had not whined about it, I'm not sure it would have been reported. Just like HRC did not go blabbing about it when they carried out search warrants on her electronics. The likely gave her the same courtesy they gave Trump, sending in people who were dressed in suits instead of sending the guys in with FBI in big letters on their backs and lights flashing on their cars. This was meant to be quiet. But of course, we are talking about Trump who is milking it for all he can get.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I suspect that right-wing violence in this great land of ours is about to skyrocket. They are saying they won't tolerate this because they won't.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

RVInit wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:39 pm And if Trump had not whined about it, I'm not sure it would have been reported. Just like HRC did not go blabbing about it when they carried out search warrants on her electronics. The likely gave her the same courtesy they gave Trump, sending in people who were dressed in suits instead of sending the guys in with FBI in big letters on their backs and lights flashing on their cars. This was meant to be quiet. But of course, we are talking about Trump who is milking it for all he can get.
Peter Schorsch was the first reporter to report this. I’m pretty sure his tweet came before Trump’s public whining. People on Twitter are pointing out that Schorsch is not getting the credit he deserves.

SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

RVInit wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:39 pm At the June 3rd meeting between members of DOJ and Trump attorneys at MAL, one of the DOJ was the head of the Counterintelligence and Export Control section.

I don't think Merrick Garland or Christopher Wray, two men who generally shy away from the limelight, and appear to be very careful, methodical, and dot the i's cross the t's kind of guys, would carry out this kind of thing for anything other than something serious.
Agree with this. It's about something serious. It's not just that Trump still retains classified documents. The question is what he is doing with the classified materials. Maybe I'm descending into conspiracy theorist land here, but connecting the dots: who has Trump been hanging out with lately? The Saudis. I don't think it's far-fetched to speculate that he might have national security information that they would pay $$$$ for.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:31 pm
Rudy has been disbarred but KKKlayman is available!
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Outside Trump Tower in NY today, we learn that the real reason Trump’s place got searched is because he has incriminating top secret information about the Bushes, Johnsons and Kennedys.
tek

Post by tek »

And to think we were all worried about counting the silverware...
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

The FBI warrant and search was as "unprecedented" as the warrant and search of Nixon's home, Hillary's decades later, and and the warrant and search of so many other elected and appointed officials through the years. Don ain't the first, and it's hardly uncommon.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

:lol:

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

RVInit wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:39 pm The likely gave her the same courtesy they gave Trump, sending in people who were dressed in suits instead of sending the guys in with FBI in big letters on their backs and lights flashing on their cars. This was meant to be quiet. But of course, we are talking about Trump who is milking it for all he can get.
Khaki pants and marked shirts.
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... ents-trump

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Aside: Watching John Heilemann sitting in for Nicole Wallace discuss the FBI search with some of my favorite T-heads.

This is for fellow news junkies who know these guys like siblings:

I have my issues with Heilemann, but he just introduced Frank Figliuzzi, former assistant director for counterintelligence at the FBI, "Frankie Figgs"

I am dead.
bob

Post by bob »

TL;DR: A search warrant is the only way to get the docs back, so a search warrant doesn't necessarily mean pending indictment.
Image ImageImage
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Kendra wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:00 pm

And here comes the grift.
"Save America Jesus F##king Christ" is he name of his grifting contractor?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
keith

Post by keith »

tek wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:11 pm
It seems like this was authorized by a local judge and a particular FBI office without buy-in or notification of higher levels of government.
Why would Andrew Yang know anything at all about this?
Yeah. Yang struck me as smart but rather silly. Silly can be overcome with a bit of effort, but I'm afraid he's lost me now. This is beyond silly, it's bald face pandering, bordering on goveling.

Is he in trainng for a Senate run somewhere in 24?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump ally Rep. Scott Perry says the FBI seized his cell phone one day after Mar-a-Lago raid
:popcorn:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

bob wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:08 pm
No president in our history has sicced a mad crowd on his vice president before, either...
keith

Post by keith »

poplove wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:32 pm :lol:

And it's really hard to scotch tape soggy paper, especially with semidigested Maccas secret sauce all over it.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

keith wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:14 pm
tek wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:11 pm
It seems like this was authorized by a local judge and a particular FBI office without buy-in or notification of higher levels of government.
Why would Andrew Yang know anything at all about this?
Yeah. Yang struck me as smart but rather silly. Silly can be overcome with a bit of effort, but I'm afraid he's lost me now. This is beyond silly, it's bald face pandering, bordering on goveling.

Is he in trainng for a Senate run somewhere in 24?
So Yang and David Jolly (ex R Florida, now a never trumper) and the still somehow speaking Christine Todd Wittman have joined forces to start that third party the ex-R's have been threatening. It's the Forward party. Not left, not right, get it?

Anyway.

Yang is an utter buffoon, who is sinking this party before it can get started with his idiocy.

His take on the FBI search? : "I’m no Trump fan. I want him as far away from the White House as possible. But a fundamental part of his appeal has been that it’s him against a corrupt government establishment. This raid strengthens that case for millions of Americans who will see this as unjust persecution."

I suggest you replace "Trump" with "Alex Jones" to see how pathetically obtuse this sentiment is. Add that to his love of trickle down and I'm running to the hills.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Trump ally Rep. Scott Perry says the FBI seized his cell phone one day after Mar-a-Lago raid
Trump enemy Foggy says the FBI will watch the Virtual Meetup tonight one day after Mierda Lardo raid. :shock:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:23 pm
bob wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:08 pm
No president in our history has sicced a mad crowd on his vice president before, either...
um-I bet email lady and her hubby might disagree with that period pence
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

bob wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:45 pm

TL;DR: A search warrant is the only way to get the docs back, so a search warrant doesn't necessarily mean pending indictment.
If you were AG, would you have authorized this search just to get a buncha papers back to the National Archive and then wash your hands--knowing full well what's going on in the country and the shit storm that would ensure for the right?

I'm betting your answer is "never."
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Tea Pain
@TeaPainUSA
Tea Pain is just spitballin’ here, but what if this search warrant sprung from an intercept of classified data being sent from Trump to a third-party?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

It would be irresponsible not to speculate as to the reasons for the search.

Well, except we know the pee hooker tapes were in there. :liar: :kiss:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

is there a cold snap in Hell right now? because i think things just got a bit frosty….

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Why I still use Twitter:

My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”