Military Mischief

User avatar
ZekeB
Posts: 14604
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Northwest part of Semi Blue State

Re: Military Mischief

#451

Post by ZekeB » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:16 pm
What gets me is that the only reason they caught him was that he applied for a passport.

Moron.
It’s hard to get past that birth certificate thing. The only way he could have slipped past that was to find a dead man’s birth certificate. Of course he’d need a SSN to go with it. The SSN would point to a dead man. If the guy were alive it would show as a duplicate. This guy should have applied for a passport back in ‘83 when identity theft wasn’t watched so closely. Of course he could have had Orly Taitz steer him through the intricacies.


Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

User avatar
kate520
Posts: 14832
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: Dark side of the Moon
Occupation: servant of cats, chicken wrangler
Contact:

Re: Military Mischief

#452

Post by kate520 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:29 am

My cousin Mitzi was a DI at Parris Island. :mrgreen: I might have enlisted, actually, if I'd been born later. My friend who did alternative service served a greater good.

Gee, I wonder why Cadet BS never considered that?


DEFEND DEMOCRACY

User avatar
ZekeB
Posts: 14604
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Northwest part of Semi Blue State

Re: Military Mischief

#453

Post by ZekeB » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:37 am

kate520 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:29 am
Gee, I wonder why Cadet BS never considered that?
Because it would have entailed him giving something and getting no financial return for it.


Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

User avatar
Maybenaut
Posts: 4681
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am
Location: Maybelot

Re: Military Mischief

#454

Post by Maybenaut » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:12 pm

A Coast Guard officer on Florence duty made a hand gesture on TV. Some saw a white-power sign.
In the background of a Coast Guard briefing on MSNBC on Friday evening, in a bustling aid center, a Coast Guard member flashed what some TV viewers claimed was a white-power sign at the camera.

In the clip, as an official detailed the efforts underway as Hurricane Florence tore through the Carolinas, a man with a crew cut sitting immediately behind him looked directly at the camera. Then he looked away and shaped his hand into the “okay” sign — a circle between his thumb and pointer finger, the rest raised.

He seemed to try to camouflage it by scratching his face, but the gesture was fairly flagrant to many viewers. As the clip began to circulate on Twitter, many called for the member’s firing and further investigation.

The Coast Guard was quick to apologize via tweet, saying the organization was aware of the clip and clarifying that it does not condone the flashing of the sign or what it represented.

“The Coast Guard has identified the member and removed him from the response,” the organization’s official account tweeted. “His actions do not reflect those of the United States Coast Guard.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... efeba179e6



User avatar
Mikedunford
Posts: 9277
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: Military Mischief

#455

Post by Mikedunford » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:37 am

Getting Article Fifteened to own the libs?


"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

User avatar
Maybenaut
Posts: 4681
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am
Location: Maybelot

Re: Military Mischief

#456

Post by Maybenaut » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:22 am

Mikedunford wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:37 am
Getting Article Fifteened to own the libs?
He’s toast career-wise whether they take him to Article 15 (or worse) or not. If he’s an officer, they’ll give him a career-ending OER. If he’s enlisted, he won’t get recommended for reenlistment.

Oh, and the guy who would sign that OER, or make that reenlistment recommendation? He’s the Sector Commander. The guy in front of the camera giving the interview.

What a dumbass.



User avatar
pipistrelle
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:26 am

Re: Military Mischief

#457

Post by pipistrelle » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:44 am

Maybenaut wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:22 am
Mikedunford wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:37 am
Getting Article Fifteened to own the libs?
He’s toast career-wise whether they take him to Article 15 (or worse) or not. If he’s an officer, they’ll give him a career-ending OER. If he’s enlisted, he won’t get recommended for reenlistment.

Oh, and the guy who would sign that OER, or make that reenlistment recommendation? He’s the Sector Commander. The guy in front of the camera giving the interview.

What a dumbass.
What's creepy is he looked right into the camera. A lot of the response on Twitter was "he wasn't doing anything, just an innocent movement." No. When he looked into the camera, he knew exactly what he was doing.



User avatar
pipistrelle
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:26 am

Re: Military Mischief

#458

Post by pipistrelle » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:51 am

The Coast Guard has reassigned a member after he flashed a controversial hand sign some have associated with white power during a television appearance.



User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 8742
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Military Mischief

#459

Post by Chilidog » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:10 am

that was about as subtle as a turd in a punchbowl.



User avatar
Maybenaut
Posts: 4681
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am
Location: Maybelot

Re: Military Mischief

#460

Post by Maybenaut » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:18 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:44 am
Maybenaut wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:22 am
Mikedunford wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:37 am
Getting Article Fifteened to own the libs?
He’s toast career-wise whether they take him to Article 15 (or worse) or not. If he’s an officer, they’ll give him a career-ending OER. If he’s enlisted, he won’t get recommended for reenlistment.

Oh, and the guy who would sign that OER, or make that reenlistment recommendation? He’s the Sector Commander. The guy in front of the camera giving the interview.

What a dumbass.
What's creepy is he looked right into the camera. A lot of the response on Twitter was "he wasn't doing anything, just an innocent movement." No. When he looked into the camera, he knew exactly what he was doing.
And the Coast Guard isn’t going to move against the guy because they think he’s a white supremacist. The Coast Guard is going to move against the guy because he was dicking around while he was supposed to be working, and bringing negative attention to the Coast Guard at a time when the Coast Guard is trying to reassure the public.

So all of this “the OK symbol is just an Internet hoax” is simply beside the point.



Post Reply

Return to “Military”