Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Ron DeSantis

Post by Foggy »

I'm down with him putting himself in front of a freight train. :towel: He's so tough, he'd probably stop the train. :lol:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
tek

Ron DeSantis

Post by tek »

I say we test this theory.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

Technically anyone can easily stop a train by standing in the tracks. It's pretty much guaranteed to happen. Nobody is saying you will survive the encounter.

FRA rules governing the railroads require the train stop after striking someone or something in the alignment (IE: tracks). CFR 49 part 225 explains some of it.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

bill_g wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:07 am FRA rules governing the railroads require the train stop after striking someone or something in the alignment (IE: tracks). CFR 49 part 225 explains some of it.
Is it allowed to back up and roll over the obstacle again?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:07 pm
bill_g wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:07 am FRA rules governing the railroads require the train stop after striking someone or something in the alignment (IE: tracks). CFR 49 part 225 explains some of it.
Is it allowed to back up and roll over the obstacle again?
[gallowshumor]
Oooh, not to get into great detail, but the following axles take care of that. A little power washing plus a couple days for the crows, and you'd never know anything happened. Except for the bits that vector off at the time of impact of course. You know - force is equal to mass times velocity squared, and all that stuff.
[/gallowshumor]
NewMexGirl

Ron DeSantis

Post by NewMexGirl »

Note that DeSantis has dropped Ziegler (threesome fun & rape guy) like a scorching hot potato, calling on Ziegler to resign as FL GOP (Gross Old Perverts) chair. Shoot. I was hoping Ron would stand by his man, thus leading to increased scrutiny of both Ziegler and DeSantis.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

From the sore loser department...
Desantis Budget Includes $1 Million to Sue for FSU Not Making Football Playoff
Ridiculous pandering continues

Ron Desantis, who loves spending millions and millions of taxpayer dollars to enrich his lawyer friends to fight his culture war issues in court, is at it again. In his new budget unveiled today for 2024, he included an item to allocate $1 million dollars to the state university system to fund a lawsuit against the College Football Playoff Committee.

Desantis typically loses most of these ridiculous lawsuits, but that isn't the point. The point is that each one gives him a line in a speech for Iowa caucus voters, which has been the primary purpose of the Florida state government for the past two years. We saw this with migrant flights, Disney, his new state militia and Election Fraud police, and so many other things. Florida taxpayers continue to fund Ron Desantis's private political ambitions, and this is yet another pathetic example.

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/desant ... ll-playoff
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Ack.
https://x.com/JerryCann1/status/1731814 ... 99044?s=20
Jerry and 💃🏻Anna @JerryCann1 wrote: 💃🏻 Anna here.

Keep demonizing us as groomers and indoctrinators and this is what the kids get...fucking awesome.🙄
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Really American 🇺🇸 @ReallyAmerican1 wrote: CLEAN AIR IS NOT "WOKE":

Imagine being the governor of a state, and thinking that stoking an irrational fear of "wokeness" is more important than responsible action on clean air for your residents.

Ron DeSantis has, once again, failed Florida residents in an ill-advised bid to make a misguided political statement.

Incredibly, Florida is the sole state that rejected millions aimed at reducing emissions. In 2021, Congress allocated $6.4 billion to combat tailpipe emissions and address climate change impacts across states.

Among the recipients, Florida was earmarked to receive $320 million, ranking as the third-highest allocation nationwide.

Initiatives proposed by the state's Department of Transportation included expanding trucker parking at rest stops to alleviate the statewide shortage that prolonged drivers' journeys and increased pollution.

Additionally, suggestions encompassed investing in electric buses and roundabouts to curtail emissions during traffic light idling.

Despite these eco-friendly proposals, last month saw Florida's Department of Transportation, led by Secretary Jared Perdue, declining participation in the federal program, labeling the initiative as part of the "continued politicization of our roadways."

His sentiments mirrored those of Governor Ron DeSantis, who has controversially dismissed climate change as the "politicization of the weather."

Strikingly, Florida now stands isolated as the sole state rejecting the funding, and any mention of the state's emission-reducing plan has been expunged from its official website.

Even in contrast to Texas, known for its conservative stance, Florida remains isolated in its refusal of the allocated funds.

Texas, while often vying for conservative credentials alongside Governor DeSantis, has confirmed its intent to accept the allocated $641 million.

It's no wonder DeSantis' presidential campaign is on life support.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

I can't remember the specifics, but I don't think this is the only money he turned down.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:49 pm I can't remember the specifics, but I don't think this is the only money he turned down.
Indeed it isn't. I'm blanking right now, but I want to say he also refused a medicare expansion? Which would have cost FL nothing, but covered a lot more people. IIRC.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:53 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:49 pm I can't remember the specifics, but I don't think this is the only money he turned down.
Indeed it isn't. I'm blanking right now, but I want to say he also refused a medicare expansion? Which would have cost FL nothing, but covered a lot more people. IIRC.
That's the one I remember.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

He had no trouble taking FEMA money after hurricane Ian, and when he presented it, he made it sound like it was coming out of his own pocket. I think that’s why he won reelection in such a huge landslide. People down here are suckers.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:10 pm He had no trouble taking FEMA money after hurricane Ian, and when he presented it, he made it sound like it was coming out of his own pocket. I think that’s why he won reelection in such a huge landslide. People down here are suckers.
It all comes down to the following 'thought' process:
"I pay -- or at some point in the past [for the retirees and the infirm], paid -- my taxes. Therefore the government's money is and always was my money. Therefore I still have a strong individual say -- rather than a mere single voice in a collective vote -- in how it is spent. Therefore money spent aiding me and my tribe directly such as rebuilding after a storm is good. But money spent aiding other people is bad."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

DeSantis' ties to Florida's medical marijuana industry
Video at the link.
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Satire from The Onion.
DeSantis Bans AP Psychology Out Of Fear People Will Figure Out What’s Wrong With Him

TALLAHASSEE, FL—Explaining that the course would teach thousands of high schoolers harmful information about identifying psychological disorders, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Friday that the state would ban AP Psychology out of fear that people might figure out what precisely is wrong with him. “If students come to understand ideas, theories, and terminology associated with mental disorders like, say, narcissistic personality disorder, it could get them that much closer to understanding why exactly I behave the way I do,” said DeSantis, adding that such Advanced Placement classes would only indoctrinate the state’s students into recognizing the many mental health issues that manifest in his behavior on a daily basis. “These courses will make teens look critically at why I act so strangely in seemingly normal human situations and, frankly, allow them to work out that something in my brain is probably abnormal. Floridians know that should never happen. If I don’t know why I seem to be in pain every time I smile, our high school students certainly shouldn’t.” DeSantis went on to announce that he would also be banning couples counseling in the state after advisors suggested his wife Casey DeSantis might use the dangerous practice against him some day.
https://www.theonion.com/desantis-bans- ... 1850708257
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

That's the only Onion I like :)
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:53 pm Satire from The Onion.
DeSantis Bans AP Psychology Out Of Fear People Will Figure Out What’s Wrong With Him

But is it really?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

Florida elected officials quit across the state in light of new law

FOX 35 Orlando
28 Dec 2023

In light of a new law taking effect on January 1, 2024, elected officials across the state are stepping down because they believe it is an invasion of privacy. Two have stepped down in Daytona Beach Shores.
re: the new law requires very detailed disclosure of assets and interests.

raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Huh.
Rolodex

Ron DeSantis

Post by Rolodex »

So, according to the report, local electeds have to provide financial disclosures including info re all assets worth over $1000 along with other info. I wonder if state electeds - like the guy who sponsored the bill - have the same disclosure requirements.

Disclosing a conflict of interest is a good thing when a local official is making community budget/contract decisions, but I feel like they can do that without such a detailed disclosure. I was on the board of a local non-profit and I own the building where they do business. I disclosed that to the other board members and left the room when they were approving a new lease agreement or other expenditures regarding the building. But I'm not an elected official and I also place a high value on personal integrity, so there's that.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

https://themessenger.com/politics/desan ... if-elected
GOP presidential hopeful and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said on Thursday he would fire Special Counsel Jack Smith “on day one” is elected president in 2024.

DeSantis accused Smith, who indicted Trump twice over his mishandling of classified documents and his attempt to overturn the 2020 elections, of “weaponizing the legal system.”

“After you win the election, start holding these people accountable, who have weaponized the legal system to go after their political enemies,” DeSantis told Fox News’s Jason Chaffetz. “And that starts with day one, firing somebody like Jack Smith.”
Dr. Ken

Ron DeSantis

Post by Dr. Ken »

Somebody broke his animatronic
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”