Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Rolodex

Ron DeSantis

Post by Rolodex »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:31 pm I love the "signatures." Sorry, but NO ONE has signatures that look like that. What, is their own document not good enough for them to use their actual signatures on?
But they were so clever and used 3 different fonts so they'd look like real signatures!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:43 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:31 pm I love the "signatures." Sorry, but NO ONE has signatures that look like that. What, is their own document not good enough for them to use their actual signatures on?
I went to their website and visited the "about" page. Most of them look like hicks in their ball caps. Not a professional organization by any stretch. :roll:

https://floridarepublicanassembly.org/about-us/

Yep, all 100% Trumpers.

I tried to give them a donation but their link breaks with a "500" server error.

However, the store link works. They give you a code to get 10%-OFF. It's a 3rd party MAGA store.
I'm dead certain at least two of them have known livestock in the Biblical Sense.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Ron DeSantis

Post by Luke »

OMG. It's so over. How humiliating. Who TF let him do this interview and answer this question at all?
Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
👻 Who on Ron DeSantis' team let him engage with this cringe? 💀 DeSantis denied he wears heels inside his boots to appear taller. “What they’re trying to say with this is in your boots, you have heels.” “No, no, no, no, those are just standard, off-the-rack Lucchese,” 💣 DeSantis replied on the Patrick Bet-David Podcast, referencing the luxury boot brand that serves as the official boot of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders." #TrickorTreats

RDS.JPG
RDS.JPG (187.63 KiB) Viewed 9489 times

PS: The laughing with tears emoji is over now. Kids now use the skull to signify laughing. Also, LOL is over. Now it's IJBOL, I Just Burst Out Laughing. Gotta keep Fogbowzers on the tip of pop culture! :P

😂 NO
💀 YES
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Ron DeSantis

Post by Foggy »

💀
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Suranis

Ron DeSantis

Post by Suranis »

For those who want a video.

Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Ron DeSantis

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Thanks, orly, for keeping us up to date on youth culture and emojis!!!!!!!! My great nieces say, "I'm dead" in lieu of "dying laughing", thus the skull emoji.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Volkonski »

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds will endorse Ron DeSantis

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/05/politics ... index.html
Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds will endorse Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in the 2024 Republican primary at a pre-debate rally in Des Moines, Iowa, on Monday night, sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

The DeSantis campaign is promoting Reynolds’ presence at the event on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Reynolds had initially indicated she would likely remain neutral in the GOP primary race, but more recently has signaled willingness to back a candidate.

Reynolds will also join DeSantis on Tuesday for a meet-and-greet in Davenport.
Heaven help Iowa if Trump ever becomes president again. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

Volkonski wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:52 am Heaven help Iowa if Trump ever becomes president again. ;)
Yep. There go the corn subsidies.
Volkonski
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Volkonski »

Trump ridicules 'disloyal' Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds as she prepares to endorse Ron DeSantis

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 465756007/
Former President Donald Trump lashed out at Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds on social media Sunday, saying her pending endorsement of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis will be "the end of her political career."

"If and when Kim Reynolds of Iowa endorses Ron DeSanctimonious, who is absolutely dying in the polls both in Iowa and Nationwide, it will be the end of her political career in that MAGA would never support her again, just as MAGA will never support DeSanctimonious again," Trump said, unleashing a string of vituperative Truth Social posts. "Two extremely disloyal people getting together is, however, a very beautiful thing to watch. They can now remain loyal to each other because nobody else wants them!!!"

Reynolds is set to formally endorse DeSantis at a Monday rally in Des Moines, according to sources close to both governors.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

It makes me weep for peoplekind knowing that human beings not only support that piece of trump trash, they enthusiastically worship him.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:40 am It makes me weep for peoplekind knowing that human beings not only support that piece of trump trash, they enthusiastically worship him.
But it warms my heart to know that if anyone but Trump gets the nomination they won't vote for anyone else and the GOP will officially die a spectacular death over the next 4 years.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

Ron DeSantis @GovRonDeSantis wrote: I am awarding more than $28 million to expand Florida’s semiconductor and chip manufacturing through the Job Growth Grant Fund.

These awards will create high-paying jobs for Floridians in growing, high-demand fields while also supporting our state’s economic future.
CathyNotToday2 @Cathy2NotToday wrote: THIS money ?

The money BOTH Florida senators voted against ?

Thanks, Joe
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

:lol:
The Daily Show @TheDailyShow wrote: Elon Musk has unveiled an incredible new tweet feature
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:10 pm https://twitter.com/Cathy2NotToday/stat ... 84667?s=20
Ron DeSantis @GovRonDeSantis wrote: I am awarding more than $28 million to expand Florida’s semiconductor and chip manufacturing through the Job Growth Grant Fund.

These awards will create high-paying jobs for Floridians in growing, high-demand fields while also supporting our state’s economic future.

Thanks, Joe
I wonder how many qualified workers would chose to relocate to FL to fill in those projected job openings. I understand that FL brains are leaving the state. :confuzzled:
tek

Ron DeSantis

Post by tek »

Off Topic
Actually, the RCA 1802 microprocessor family was designed and fabricated in Palm Beach Gardens.
The 1802 was the first under-hood microcontroller (because of CMOS's excellent noise immunity), and was extremely popular in space applications (because CMOS was easy to radiation-harden)
AND it was the first CMOS microprocessor (when everyone thought NMOS was the way..)
Today, ALL microprocessors are CMOS.
But RCA was most excellent at squandering its technology, being more interested in carpets and car rental.
RCA is long gone, but the Palm Beach Gardens plant is still there, on RCA Drive.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:49 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:10 pm https://twitter.com/Cathy2NotToday/stat ... 84667?s=20

Thanks, Joe
I wonder how many qualified workers would chose to relocate to FL to fill in those projected job openings. I understand that FL brains are leaving the state. :confuzzled:
It was this (on the part of Florida citizens) that got DuhSantis reelected in a landslide. After Ian, I saw sign after sign after sign thanking DuhSantis for sending them money for recovery, and I bet not a single one of those sign owners considered that money originally came from Biden/FEMA.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

DeSantis Faces Critical Decision on Cruise Ships in Key West

Frances Robles
Updated Sun, November 26, 2023 at 11:54 PM GMT+1·8 min read

KEY WEST, Fla. — Since the early days of the coronavirus pandemic, when cruise ships filled with sickened passengers were blocked from U.S. ports, residents in Key West, Florida, have been trying to limit the size and number of vacation vessels on the tiny island, using the momentum created during the pandemic to argue for continuing restrictions on cruise vessels.

Activists flooded City Commission meetings, protested on the dock, collected signatures and managed to pass three ballot measures in 2020 imposing stricter controls to protect the marine environment and limit passengers to 1,500 a day — only to see the state Legislature, with the approval of Gov. Ron DeSantis, void the new restrictions the following year.

Now the wealthy hotelier who operates Key West’s cruise ship port is doubling down, asking the state for permission to expand, which would allow bigger ships with more passengers to operate legally out of the port.

The issue will soon land on the desk of DeSantis, who has received nearly $1 million in campaign donations from the pier’s owner. It represents a tough balancing act for the Republican governor, a 2024 presidential candidate who has touted his environmental record but has also been a booster of Florida’s tourism industry.

Safer Cleaner Ships, the organization behind the move to keep large cruise ships out of Key West, recently fired another salvo: It filed a whistleblower lawsuit against the local port owner, Pier B Development Corp., citing state records it said showed the company had underpaid millions of dollars in state fees and taxes. The Florida attorney general’s office dismissed the suit in part on jurisdictional grounds, a decision that activists said was a sign of continuing state support for a campaign donor, the owner of one of the country’s largest private hotel chains.

For DeSantis, whose policies are under scrutiny during the presidential campaign, a decision on whether to authorize expanded cruise ship operations calls for weighing environmental concerns as well as potential revenues from his state’s biggest industry in a petition that comes from a major campaign donor.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-fac ... 49428.html
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Desantis’s Surgeon General received a coveted tenured professorship at UF w/no vetting and a $262,000 salary to add to his $250K salary as Surgeon Gen. He teaches no classes, doesn’t do research, and blows off the school when they ask him to do any work.
politico.com wrote: ‘This guy is a charlatan’: University of Florida turns against Joe Ladapo
Colleagues say the state surgeon general rarely is on campus and has “sullied” the reputation of the flagship school.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

That's the most unsurprising thing I've read all day.

ImageImageImage x4
Resume18

Ron DeSantis

Post by Resume18 »

Charlatan is awfully kind.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
shannon
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by shannon »

The latest on DeSantis' (literal) brown shirts.

DeSantis’ State Guard contracts with combat-training company

"To recruit and train members of a civilian military force under his control, Gov. Ron DeSantis’ administration has hired a company that specializes in combat training and lists as one of its instructors a former U.S. Navy SEAL accused of war crimes."

(snip)

"The CEO of Stronghold — Calvin B. Graves, also known as Brandon Graves — is a supporter of the governor’s presidential campaign. On social media, Graves repeatedly shows support for DeSantis’ stances on social issues, like banning female transgender athletes from competing in women’s sports."

(snip)

"Originally pitched as a 400-member organization, it’s been expanded to 1,500, but the organization has failed to find and train volunteers to meet its goals. Its training class graduated 120 recruits, who are now referred to as soldiers. Its next training class isn’t expected until next year."

(snip)

"DeSantis’ Department of Military Affairs, which oversees the agreement, would not clarify whether the training Stronghold is offering State Guard members is geared toward a specialized unit that under Florida law has the ability to make arrests and carry weapons."
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

Coming soon to a gay bar near you.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

From the I Wish He Would Department...
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Casey on Ron: “He is literally willing to put himself in front of a freight train to stand up for people.”
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

One doesn't stand up very long in front of a freight train (or Amtrak, or commuter trains).
Resume18

Ron DeSantis

Post by Resume18 »

Stepford Wife wrote:He is literally willing to put himself in front of a freight train to stand up for people
As long as those people are white Christians. And no not even then, literally.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”