Sarah Louise Palin + Todd Trig Bristol Willow Track & Hunky Levi Johnston

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
p0rtia

Re: Sarah Louise Palin + Todd Trig Bristol Willow Track & Hunky Levi Johnston

Post by p0rtia »

noblepa wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:41 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:38 pm
p0rtia wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:30 pm "incorrectly"? I assume this has been established? Missed that.
He had already been obsessed with her for years before that ad came out.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac ... -shooting/
I don't think that the fact that he had been obsessed with her before he went on a shooting spree means that he wasn't inspired to do so by her ad. He may well have taken the ad as a directive from the woman he admired, to kill her enemies. IIRC, the ad showed RINOs in what appeared to be the crosshairs of a rifle scope.

So, I think that the jury will have to decide if the NYT was "mistaken" in their editorial opinion.
I agree about the shooter's obsession and the possible effect of that despicable ad (now acceptable for Republican candidates). However, I'm not sure that's going to be persuasive. What is persuasive is the fact that the paper rescinded it's reporting three days after making it. Which is what responsible individuals and organizations do.

That may not be enough (as it was not enough for that stupid kid in DC with the Native American dude). But if fucking well should be. I've lost track of the last time I heard a right wing individual or organization EVER admit that they were wrong. cf COVID, racism, CRT, violence, and on and aon. Part and parcel of the rejection of professionalism.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I think the ideal outcome would be for Palin to win and be awarded a dollar.
Image Image Image Image
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Estiveo wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:32 pm I think the ideal outcome would be for Palin to win and be awarded a dollar.
No, the ideal outcome would be for Palin to lose and be ordered to pay the NYT's legal bills.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

noblepa wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:27 pm
Estiveo wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:32 pm I think the ideal outcome would be for Palin to win and be awarded a dollar.
No, the ideal outcome would be for Palin to lose and be ordered to pay the NYT's legal bills.
That'd work, too, but the NYT has fallen far from the days of the Grey Lady, so I think they deserve a little bit of a cup check.
Image Image Image Image
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

noblepa wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:41 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:38 pm
p0rtia wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:30 pm "incorrectly"? I assume this has been established? Missed that.
He had already been obsessed with her for years before that ad came out.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac ... -shooting/
I don't think that the fact that he had been obsessed with her before he went on a shooting spree means that he wasn't inspired to do so by her ad. He may well have taken the ad as a directive from the woman he admired, to kill her enemies. IIRC, the ad showed RINOs in what appeared to be the crosshairs of a rifle scope.

So, I think that the jury will have to decide if the NYT was "mistaken" in their editorial opinion.
I personally agree, I think the fact that he was obsessed with her lends more credence to the idea that her ad inspired violent actions by the shooter. It wouldn't rise to level of her being able to be held responsible at some level but certainly enough to avoid an opinion piece being libel.
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:brickwallsmall:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Jane Wester
@janewester
Back in session: Palin's lawyer says she became "confused" by the lines for PCR and rapid PCR testing at the facility where they'd made her appointment. So she left and walked to a nearby urgent care, where she took a third rapid test and it was positive, her lawyer says.
10:19 AM · Jan 24, 2022·TweetDeck

Jane Wester
@janewester
·
47m
Replying to
@janewester
Judge Rakoff says that wasn't what he intended, but he's going to assume that three positive antigen tests mean Palin has COVID. Trial delayed until Feb. 3 unless she is symptomatic on that date.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Uh-oh, somebunny is in trouble. Hopefully.
Someone please go over to Elio’s and find out if Sarah Pallan used a fake vaccine card or if the restaurant didn’t bother to check.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just spoke to a manager at Elio's, who confirmed Sarah Palin dined indoors there Saturday. He didn't know if she showed a vax card but said they comply w/ COVID laws.

"As far as I know…we check everybody... We’re still trying to get to the bottom of it."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/24/dini ... s-nyc.html
Sarah Palin, who is not vaccinated against the coronavirus, dined indoors Saturday night at Elio’s, an Italian restaurant on the Upper East Side of Manhattan that regularly draws celebrities, despite New York City’s requirement that all indoor guests show proof of vaccination. She tested positive for the virus on Monday.

“We just made a mistake,” said Luca Guaitolini, a manager for the restaurant, who was not working Saturday night but confirmed Ms. Palin’s visit. In an interview on Monday, he said that the restaurant checked vaccination cards for all first-time customers but not for regulars who come each week, and that Ms. Palin had dined with a longtime guest, whom he declined to name.

“She probably just walked in and strolled over” to the table, Mr. Guaitolini said. “We are trying to get to the bottom of this.”

Ms. Palin’s lawyers did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Mr. Guaitolini said that the restaurant was notifying customers that they had been exposed to the coronavirus, and that the staff would be tested this week.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Is vaccination a requirement or is a antigen test result fine for the one evening?
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:28 pm Is vaccination a requirement or is a antigen test result fine for the one evening?
Vax req'd, two doses or one dose J&J. No tests.
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/cov ... tonyc.page
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Good bye M&Ms, hello Palin as the new darling of Fox News.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I thought I remembered that she had Covid once before. She did. April 2021. So how's that immunity working out for her? :oopsy:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:10 pm I thought I remembered that she had Covid once before. She did. April 2021. So how's that immunity working out for her? :oopsy:
Omicron doesn't care what Delta did in the past ;)
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Palin has previously stated she would get the vaccine “over my dead body.”
That works for me.
raison de arizona

tek

Post by tek »

1. Vaccine mandates are required for indoor dining only.
Not sure what her point is here, but that appears to be a fully-enclosed space - not "outdoors" even if it is outside the footprint of the main restaurant building.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

tek wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:01 am
1. Vaccine mandates are required for indoor dining only.
Not sure what her point is here, but that appears to be a fully enclosed space - not "outdoors" even if it is outside the footprint of the main restaurant building.
The kids (mine and step) live in NYC, so I can shed some local color.

This setup counts as "outdoor" dining even though it's mostly enclosed. Restaurants have been permitted to build such semi-permanent structures in parking spaces in front of the store.

Some restaurants will check vax status for these structures, but most won't. The restaurant has the option to require masks within the outdoor dining structure or not, at its option. The "outdoor dining" structure may be fully enclosed, but it is restricted to 25% of normal capacity if so. If you want 100% density, you have to keep 50% of the sidewalls open.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:56 am

The kids (mine and step) live in NYC, so I can shed some local color.

This setup counts as "outdoor" dining even though it's mostly enclosed. Restaurants have been permitted to build such semi-permanent structures in parking spaces in front of the store.

Some restaurants will check vax status for these structures, but most won't. The restaurant has the option to require masks within the outdoor dining structure or not, at its option. The "outdoor dining" structure may be fully enclosed, but it is restricted to 25% of normal capacity if so. If you want 100% density, you have to keep 50% of the sidewalls open.
I had noticed that the walls didn't go all the way up to the roof/ceiling, and suspected that this might be considered an outdoor space.

However! If she tested positive on a test, and therefore can't be in court, she should be quarantining, n'est ce pas?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

"Should" being the keyword. I'm sure she's out breathing on as many people as she can.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

She ain't talking.
Jake Offenhartz @jangelooff wrote: COVID-positive Sarah Palin has now dined al fresco on the Upper East Side two nights in a row. After eating at Campagnola Tuesday, she returned to Elio’s last night — where she reportedly flouted the city’s vax mandate this weekend https://gothamist.com/news/sarah-palin- ... ting-covid

Ina statement to Gothamist, a spokesperson for City Hall encouraged “any New Yorker who came into contact with Ms. Palin to get tested, just as we encourage all New Yorkers to get tested regularly, especially those who believe they may have been exposed…”
Sarah Palin Dined At Multiple Restaurants After Getting COVID

Sarah Palin is not letting COVID-19 stop her from enjoying New York City’s culinary offerings.

The former Alaska governor returned to Elio's restaurant Wednesday night and dined outdoors just days after it was revealed she tested positive for COVID-19. Palin, who has touted the fact that she is not vaccinated, was seen dining inside the Upper East Side Italian restaurant on Saturday, before her diagnosis. The city requires proof of vaccination to eat indoors.

And WNYC/Gothamist confirmed the former vice presidential candidate dined al fresco Tuesday night at Campagnola, another Italian restaurant in the area.

“Tonight Sarah Palin returned to the restaurant to apologize for the fracas around her previous visit,” Elio’s manager, Luca Guaitolini, said in a statement Wednesday night. “In accordance with the vaccine mandate and to protect our staff, we seated her outdoors … We are a restaurant open to the public, and we treat civilians the same.”
:snippity:
https://gothamist.com/news/sarah-palin- ... ting-covid

Why does Sarah Palin continue to expose people to Covid? Because fuck you, that's why.
raison de arizona

I heard this full segment live in the car. It was really insane how Watters and Bachmann went back and forth, just gushing over that everyone needed to be like Sarah Palin and just live their lives, completely glossing over the fact that she literally has covid and is interacting maskless in public. I get that they are trying to push this narrative that covid is not any worse than a bad cold, but come on. They are encouraging everyone to just go about their lives, even if they are literally sick with covid, and to spread the virus. It is SO irresponsible. It was really insane to listen to.
Michele Bachmann says Sarah Palin should be commended for eating at a restaurant while having COVID
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:03 pm
Michele Bachmann says Sarah Palin should be commended for eating at a restaurant while having COVID
Because I turn to Michelle Bachmann for all my health and lifestyle advice. Who doesn't?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “Other weirdos”