Food but not recipes

Estiveo
Verified:

Food but not recipes

Post by Estiveo »

Had our annual SushiGiving with the fambly & friends. I had the Gourmet Sashimi Platter (which comes with salad, rice, & miso soup)
Lookitdat!
Estiveoshot_20231119_165012.jpg
Estiveoshot_20231119_165012.jpg (112.21 KiB) Viewed 8450 times
Image Image Image Image
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Food but not recipes

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Estiveo wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:54 pm Had our annual SushiGiving with the fambly & friends. I had the Gourmet Sashimi Platter (which comes with salad, rice, & miso soup)
Lookitdat!
Estiveoshot_20231119_165012.jpg
Looks really good! :thumbsup:
Volkonski
Verified:

Food but not recipes

Post by Volkonski »

Even though I just finished dinner I am hungry for sushi now. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MN-Skeptic

Food but not recipes

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Estiveo wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:54 pm Had our annual SushiGiving with the fambly & friends. I had the Gourmet Sashimi Platter (which comes with salad, rice, & miso soup)
It just needs a bit of time in sauteing pan. :bag:
Estiveo
Verified:

Food but not recipes

Post by Estiveo »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:16 pm
BLASPHEMY!
Image Image Image Image
MN-Skeptic

Food but not recipes

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Estiveo wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:20 pm
BLASPHEMY!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Food but not recipes

Post by Frater I*I »

:yeahthat:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Estiveo
Verified:

Food but not recipes

Post by Estiveo »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:25 pm
And you, sir, may show yourself out. :nope:
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Food but not recipes

Post by AndyinPA »

I never tried theirs. I made my homemade today, but I like canned sauce.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Food but not recipes

Post by northland10 »

Estiveo wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:54 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:25 pm

And you, sir, may show yourself out. :nope:
:rotflmao:
101010 :towel:
John Thomas8

Food but not recipes

Post by John Thomas8 »

Uncle Roger+Cowboy Kent = entertaining:

Volkonski
Verified:

Food but not recipes

Post by Volkonski »

Bird flu causes Ohio egg farm to cull 1.5 million chickens.

https://mas.to/@newz/111468244729638662
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Food but not recipes

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski
Verified:

Food but not recipes

Post by Volkonski »

:shock: :o :shock: :o

Extra virgin olive oil is getting very expensive. And it might not even be real

https://www.cnn.com/travel/olive-oil-fa ... index.html
But behind the most popular extra virgin olive oils in the world - produced in Italy, Spain and Greece - are equally lucrative criminal enterprises cashing in on the gold rush by selling fake liquid gold that uses sunflower, canola or even lamp oil to create a product that can retail for up to $30 a liter in the United States.

In late November, authorities in Spain and Italy working with the EU’s Europol law enforcement agency said they arrested 11 people tied to one such criminal gang, sequestering 12 barrels containing some 260,000 liters of adulterated, or non-virgin or extra-virgin olive oil.

They also seized an additional 5,200 liters of market-ready quality oil that had been ready for export. The authorities said it was “unfit for consumption,” despite false labeling that claimed the oil was 100% Italian or Spanish.

Authorities also found 91,000 euros (almost $100,000) in cash, four high-end vehicles, falsified labels, and paperwork that stated the oil was Spanish and Italian-grown when sample tests revealed it was more likely made by mixing olive oil byproducts with other types of oil.

“A mix of various factors, such as the general inflation of prices, reduced olive oil production and increasing demand, have created the perfect breeding ground for fraudulent producers,” according to a Europol statement.

“Unfortunately, the faking of extra virgin olive oil is a common practice, which is why the fight against it is a law enforcement priority — especially in production countries,” the law enforcement agency added.

Infusing high quality olive oil with lesser products has become a common practice as rising demand for Mediterranean oil exports is countered by lower production rates driven by increasingly harsh weather extremes, says Coldiretti, Italy’s main farming organization.
Estiveo
Verified:

Food but not recipes

Post by Estiveo »

May I recommend California olive oil? There are several good ones. But my favorite is Frantoio Grove, a local producer. Their orchard is just down the road a bit, and I can get it at the local market or LJB farms produce shop, but it's also available online.
Image Image Image Image
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Food but not recipes

Post by neonzx »

Is there a way for some average person to know if bought true EVOO? Taste? I just don't know. I read labels on everything but those can be fudged.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Food but not recipes

Post by northland10 »

I get mine from a long-time reputable company, the Genco Pura Olive Oil Company. Their sales staff is strong. If you are unsure about buying, they will make you an offer you can't refuse.
101010 :towel:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Food but not recipes

Post by Maybenaut »

I bought some from Poggio Amorelli when I was in Italy. So good, but very expensive (45 euro per liter).
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
John Thomas8

Food but not recipes

Post by John Thomas8 »

John Thomas8

Food but not recipes

Post by John Thomas8 »

Chilidog

Food but not recipes

Post by Chilidog »

It's that time of year...
IMG_0824.jpeg
IMG_0824.jpeg (455.75 KiB) Viewed 7841 times
RTH10260

Food but not recipes

Post by RTH10260 »

‘Lonely, gray and being actively colonized by corporations’: we tried the McDonald’s spinoff, CosMc’s
With Galactic Boosters, McPops and Churro Frappés, the fast food giant’s pilot focuses on customizable drinks and snacks

Pearse Anderson in Chicago
Thu 14 Dec 2023 13.00 CET

McDonald’s fast-food universe expanded a little last week to take in CosMc’s, a drive-thru-only pilot project focused on customizable drinks and snacks. After trying the intergalactically themed restaurant’s drinks and snacks I can confirm CosMc’s is indeed reminiscent of space – lonely, gray and being actively colonized by corporations.

According to the fast food giant: “CosMc’s seamlessly blends brand-new, otherworldly beverage creations with a small lineup of food … all designed to boost your mood into the stratosphere, if only for a few moments.”

The first CosMc’s is in the distinctly earthbound Chicago suburb of Bolingbrook and is dominated by a four-lane drive-thru. I arrived in the pre-dawn darkness, joined the line by 6.05am, and got my food after a 30-minute wait. Later in the day, the wait stretched to two hours.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -drivethru
Volkonski
Verified:

Food but not recipes

Post by Volkonski »

Missed this earlier- Cantaloupe crisis!

Here's why Canada's cantaloupe crisis is still going strong after 6 weeks
Salmonella outbreaks are difficult to track and the fruit has a long shelf life

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/cantalou ... -1.7061749
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) announced a widespread salmonella outbreak linked to contaminated cantaloupes on Nov. 1. Since then, it's been investigating infections in eight provinces: British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador.

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) issued three food recall warnings in November for Malichita brand cantaloupes sold between Oct. 11 and Nov. 14, and subsequently expanded its recall to include a second brand, Rudy, sold between Oct. 10 and Nov. 24. Both come to Canada from Mexico.

There have been more than 150 confirmed cases of salmonella connected to the outbreak in this country, along with some in the United States, and PHAC announced a sixth death on Friday.

:snippity:

In addition to the eight provinces with salmonella cases in Canada, the outbreak affects hundreds of people in 42 states, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Four people have died and more than 300 have gotten sick in the United States, where an investigation is also underway.
John Thomas8

Food but not recipes

Post by John Thomas8 »

RTH10260

Food but not recipes

Post by RTH10260 »

Return to “General Stuff”