Creationism and other anti-science movements

Whatever4

Re: Creationism and other anti-science movements

Post by Whatever4 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:13 pm
Foggy wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:07 pm
The Earth is round but the inside is made of wood, not molten rock. Trees suck the wood out of the center, and pretty soon the Earth will be hollow.

:daydream:
All hail our arboreal overlords!!
That would be underlords
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:17 pm

Foggy wrote:
The Earth is round but the inside is made of wood, not molten rock. Trees suck the wood out of the center, and pretty soon the Earth will be hollow.

Was the core turned on the Lathe of Heaven? 8-)
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:19 pm

Underwood?

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:32 am

Whatever4 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:27 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:13 pm
Foggy wrote:

All hail our arboreal overlords!!
That would be underlords
I despise you Rootists! The fruit of The Tree is in the Canopy! Beware the Great Fall!

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:51 pm

Just when you thought you were safe and sound and didn't have to worry about falling off the edge of the flat earth, here we go again.

Flat Earth International Conference (FEIC) is planning a 2020 expedition to the Antarctic to prove their theory.

And just to add extra yuks to the already chockful mixture Logan Paul of infamous poor taste and even less common sense is now on the bandwagon with something he is doing for Netflix called "Behind the Curve" which should be everything we have come to expect from him.

Just love the frozen ice dripping over the edges and note the glass dome holding all the atmosphere in.

This is even better, note no turtles.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:54 am

Those icicles are about to go away. It's the time of the season....
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:15 am

There’s so much wrong with that picture I had to shut my brain down before it exploded.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:43 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:51 pm
Just when you thought you were safe and sound and didn't have to worry about falling off the edge of the flat earth, here we go again.

Flat Earth International Conference (FEIC) is planning a 2020 expedition to the Antarctic to prove their theory.

And just to add extra yuks to the already chockful mixture Logan Paul of infamous poor taste and even less common sense is now on the bandwagon with something he is doing for Netflix called "Behind the Curve" which should be everything we have come to expect from him.
I'm not going to spend/waste the hour and a half it would take to watch "Behind the Curve", but this IMDB reviewer I think sums it up well.
It's a really good documentary about the insanity or in my view the self loving promotion of the main characters who seem to only jump onboard this "flat earth" belief because they couldn't find another way to promote how important they want to believe they are and it's shameful that these so-called leaders of this cultish flat earth movement use this platform to make themselves feel relevant which leads people who are looking for acceptance to latch on to something that they can relate to and feel included.. At one point in the documentary a guy has someone purchase a $20,000.00 laser gyroscope so he can prove the earth is flat which totally backfires when the test that he runs proves that the earth has the exact curvature it should have if the earth is indeed round and once he sees the results he wasn't expecting he refuses to share his results with his fellow flat earthers at this conference that was put together but if that's not enough another guy runs a test trying to use lasers but it fails because the laser wouldn't shoot narrow enough to record the measurement needed but he tries again and uses a light and that experiment blows up in his face when the curvature of the earth doesn't allow him to see the light needed to prove the earth is flat.. So I guess it's back to the drawing board to find some other way to debunk the FACT that the earth is a huge ball... Also these flat earthers believe NASA has been lying this whole time and that we've never been to the moon nor have we ever put anyone into space and that other private space exploration companies are actually government backed to help sell the lie.. My neck hurts from shaking my head so much at the idiocies that these poor souls wanna believe in.. All I can say is stop it your embarrassing your mother!!
:P
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Return to “Science & Technology”