A former NASCAR driver.

Yet another male model.

Yet another former police officer.

Yet another corrections officer.

Yet another real estate agent.
Kendra

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Kendra »

JUST IN: Proescutors have charged ELLIOT RESNICK with felony civil disorder and impeding/assaulting cops on Jan. 6.

I wrote about Resnick, then editor of the NYC-based Jewish Press, two years ago >>>

April 8, 2021:
@kyledcheney
writes a widely-read piece about how Elliot Resnick stormed the Capitol.

May 2021: Resnick leaves The Jewish Press.

June 2021: FBI begins investigation after a tipster sends in the POLITICO piece, which was openly published on The World Wide Web.
Edit: I believe this is Resnick's Twitter page. https://twitter.com/ResnickElliot
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

🚨 SENTENCE: Daniel Dean Egtvedt, 58, of Garrett County, Maryland, ordered to serve 42 months in prison for forcibly resisting police inside the U.S. Capitol Building on Jan. 6. Three years of supervision following his release.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I wonder if Elliot Resnick is somehow related to Stewart Resnick...mebbe a nephew or shirttail cousin or sumpin'.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Says she's a fucking animal?

Treat her like one. Locke her in a cage with a straw floor and feed her in a trough.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thread.

Seeking home detention at sentencing today, Jan 6 defendant Aiden Bilyard will argue "At some point he was handed a can of bear spray from someone in the crowd. The crowd was being sprayed with
chemical agents and Aiden used the can of bear spray to spray into a line of officers"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This morning, retired Air Force Lt. Col. Larry Brock will be in court for sentencing. The DOJ is asking for 5 years in prison, which seems... fairly generous, considering the plan Brock had for Jan. 6.

Larry Brock will be sentenced by U.S. District Judge John Bates, who served as a lieutenant in the Army. He was appointed to the federal bench in 2001 by former President George W. Bush.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:34 am https://twitter.com/JordanOnRecord/stat ... 5314075650
This morning, retired Air Force Lt. Col. Larry Brock will be in court for sentencing. The DOJ is asking for 5 years in prison, which seems... fairly generous, considering the plan Brock had for Jan. 6.

Larry Brock will be sentenced by U.S. District Judge John Bates, who served as a lieutenant in the Army. He was appointed to the federal bench in 2001 by former President George W. Bush.
Quite the touristy political discourse

Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:56 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:34 am https://twitter.com/JordanOnRecord/stat ... 5314075650

Quite the touristy political discourse

Seems reasonable.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Bilyard = 40 months

Brock = 24 months
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Not enough for Brock!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:09 pm Not enough for Brock!
Agreed. Call him back to active duty so he can get a dishonorable discharge...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:11 pm
Agreed. Call him back to active duty so he can get a dishonorable discharge...
Yes.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Dude was essentially calling for murder and overthrow of the government. Brock needs to be nailed for treason.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Show how little sedition and domestic terrorism is regarded as a crime if not a PoC or can claim to be the right religion/cult/wing.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:22 pm Dude was essentially calling for murder and overthrow of the government. Brock needs to be nailed for treason.
Sadly, too white and too right to be tried for treason.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Jordan Fischer

@JordanOnRecord
·
3h
As I explain in the story, a major driver of this sentence was Judge Bates' decision to reject an 8-level administration of justice enhancement the DOJ wanted for threatening to cause physical injury or property damage.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Feds ask court for accounting of $$ raised by Jan 6 defendant Nathan DeGrave, citing online fundraiser to "fulfill his vision of creating & running the ‘Patriot Palace’ in Las Vegas, starting a news media channel..making conservative right-wing news attractive to..new generation”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NSFW, lots of potty mouth.
Vulgarities directed at media... in this US Justice Dept video court exhibit in Capitol riot case

===>
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@MacFarlaneNews
Judge has scheduled Monday hearing into possible pretrial violation by Jan 6 defendant Gabriael Garcia... who sought permission to recently travel back to DC to attend a trial. But the feds say Garcia went to CPAC convention (Trump spoke at convention)
bob

Post by bob »

neeneko wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:47 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:22 pm Dude was essentially calling for murder and overthrow of the government. Brock needs to be nailed for treason.
Sadly, too white and too right to be tried for treason.
This was mostly a thought crime, i.e., imagining what might happen in future circumstances.

But so is attempted murder in many instances. Many people are prosecuted for attempted murder even when they are nowhere near completing the crime. Because they made enough preparations, and took enough steps toward enacting the plan.

The law is "selective" (read: inconsistent) on how to punish, depending on the imminence of the future danger.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@MacFarlaneNews
In jailhouse phone call to protest outside the DC jail, Jan 6 defendant David Dempsey says, "The situation with our real President.. Donald Trump.. the indictment and possible arrest that is looming....Trump didn't do anything illegal."

Then he calls Georgia case -- "BS"
Jan 6 defendant dialed in (by jail phone) to last night's protest outside Washington DC... and spoke of Trump:

"That man didn't do anything.. and deserves our full 100% support... If he says we need to protest, get your butt out there and protest. Do what is necessary..."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

JUST IN: Judge Amy Berman JACKSON just chewed out Jan. 6 defendant Gabrial Garcia for lying about his recent trip to DC — attending CPAC despite claiming he was in DC to attend trials — and orderd him on home detention.

"You are finished making up your own rules," she said.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Just read, over in the Oath Keepers discussion, that several more were convicted on all counts.

I know that they're still working through the list of more than 1,000 defendants, but have any of the defendants who have gone to trial been acquitted? I don't remember any.

I do remember a few of the low level insurrections that opted for a bench trial and were convicted of minor offenses and given the proverbial "slap on the wrist", but I don't remember any who walked away clean.

Any idea on what the number of convicted insurrectionists is?

How many are left to be tried?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

noblepa wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:42 pm Just read, over in the Oath Keepers discussion, that several more were convicted on all counts.

I know that they're still working through the list of more than 1,000 defendants, but have any of the defendants who have gone to trial been acquitted? I don't remember any.

I do remember a few of the low level insurrections that opted for a bench trial and were convicted of minor offenses and given the proverbial "slap on the wrist", but I don't remember any who walked away clean.

Any idea on what the number of convicted insurrectionists is?

How many are left to be tried?
Haven't dug much lately, but lots of info here.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”