Assault on the Capitol (DC)

much ado

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by much ado »

Azastan wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:59 pm https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-sie ... ers-claim/

Lawyers for Mr Young put up the following compelling argument for letting their client out of jail:
“The psychological burdens of being detained pending trial are very real for Mr. Young. Since he has no previous experience with the criminal justice system, being detained is taking an extremely high toll on his mental well-being,” the motion stated. “Prior to being detained, Mr. Young was a mentally strong and stable person with no history of mental disorders. His current emotional and psychological state is owing entirely to the fact that he has been detained and is unable to rely upon his normal social support systems. Because he is such a strong family man, locking him up away from his wife and children with the prospect of an extremely long period of time before trial is even scheduled is causing potentially irreparable psychological and emotional damage to Mr. Young.”
Poor thing.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Azastan wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:59 pm https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-sie ... ers-claim/

Lawyers for Mr Young put up the following compelling argument for letting their client out of jail:
“The psychological burdens of being detained pending trial are very real for Mr. Young. Since he has no previous experience with the criminal justice system, being detained is taking an extremely high toll on his mental well-being,” the motion stated. “Prior to being detained, Mr. Young was a mentally strong and stable person with no history of mental disorders. His current emotional and psychological state is owing entirely to the fact that he has been detained and is unable to rely upon his normal social support systems. Because he is such a strong family man, locking him up away from his wife and children with the prospect of an extremely long period of time before trial is even scheduled is causing potentially irreparable psychological and emotional damage to Mr. Young.”
Pardon me, but all of those a$$holes should have thought of that before they physically assaulted police.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:

Poor baby.

Somewhere I heard, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime."
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:violin: :violin: :violin:

Do we have a pity party emoji?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Kendra wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:29 pm :violin: :violin: :violin:

Do we have a pity party emoji?
Before these trials are over we will need one...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I like seeing where all the people are from

I am surprised there are no western Kansas people. Figured my deliverance family from sun city would have been involved.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:25 pm :yeahthat:

Poor baby.

Somewhere I heard, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime."
Don't go to bed with no price on your head,
Don't do it.
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Keep your eye on the sparrow,
When the going gets narrow.....
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

I'm usually not shy about sharing my opinions on this forum, or about swearing in public. But my initial reaction to this was not fit for public consumption. Those lawyers can kiss my ass and go fuck themselves.

I have clients spending time in jail pending trial for infinitely less serious offenses, assholes. Fucking deal with it.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Wanderinglord

Post by Wanderinglord »

fierceredpanda wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:58 pm

I'm usually not shy about sharing my opinions on this forum, or about swearing in public. But my initial reaction to this was not fit for public consumption. Those lawyers can kiss my ass and go fuck themselves.

I have clients spending time in jail pending trial for infinitely less serious offenses, assholes. Fucking deal with it.
So wouldn’t being a cult member be considered a mental health problem? If so would that be the lawyers committed perjury by claiming no prior mental health issues? IANAL so excuse my ignorance
Knowledge is power, power corrupts. Study hard be evil.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

1 way Bobby's phone got confiscated by Capitol Police. I don't understand why he hasn't been arrested yet.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (36.37 KiB) Viewed 3431 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (36.37 KiB) Viewed 3431 times
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

fierceredpanda wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:58 pm

Basically, his lawyer is arguing that Mr. Young should be released because he is unhappy in jail.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Wanderinglord wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:51 am
So wouldn’t being a cult member be considered a mental health problem? If so would that be the lawyers committed perjury by claiming no prior mental health issues? IANAL so excuse my ignorance
Totally sane people join cults all the time. And so long as the lawyer has a good faith basis for what he’s telling the court, it’s not perjury. And he’s allowed to take his client at is word.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Every person in the history of jail was at one point a first-time inmate. Not sure how or why that would weigh on getting him being released.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well, I guess only friendless no family loners like me can be in prison. :bag:
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Something is up in the Jan. 6 Oath Keepers conspiracy case: The judge this morning set a hearing for this afternoon "concerning recent statements to the media about these proceedings" and is requiring all the lawyers (defense and govt) in the 10-person case to be on the line
filly

Post by filly »

I was shocked to see that guy on 60 Minutes. I immediately wondered whether he got clearance from DOJ to do that (I've seen no evidence that he did). Apparently it was filmed while he was still "acting" USA for DC. I have to wonder if he did it to tank the prosecutions. Now he went back to the USA's office in Miami. Hopefully he will soon be departing for the private sector.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

filly wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:36 pm I was shocked to see that guy on 60 Minutes. I immediately wondered whether he got clearance from DOJ to do that (I've seen no evidence that he did). Apparently it was filmed while he was still "acting" USA for DC. I have to wonder if he did it to tank the prosecutions. Now he went back to the USA's office in Miami. Hopefully he will soon be departing for the private sector.
That was discussed on several cable news shows yesterday. Most former DOJ lawyers were quite shocked at the comments, said they were out of line and not normal practice/policy.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

I found his body language and delivery appalling. His video should be included in Webster's under the entry "self-aggrandizement".
filly

Post by filly »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:39 pm :yeahthat:

I found his body language and delivery appalling. His video should be included in Webster's under the entry "self-aggrandizement".
A former Trump-appointed top prosecutor supervising Capitol riot cases angered top Justice Department officials when he agreed to sit for a 60 Minutes interview that the agency had not authorized, Business Insider reported late Monday.

The public comments about the investigation risk jeopardizing the investigation and could taint the jury pool for cases that won’t likely come to trial for months.

ADVERTISING

CNN previously reported that Michael Sherwin, a former interim U.S. attorney of Washington, appeared for the interview without prior authorization from top Justice Department officials.

Additional reporting from Insider on Monday indicated that Sherwin had also been approached in January, during the final weeks of the Trump administration, about being interviewed for a segment on the agency’s probe into the insurrection before sitting for the interview which was taped on Wednesday and aired Sunday.

A person familiar with the DOJ’s deliberations told Insider that after Sherwin was contacted about the CBS interview, he had consulted with Justice Department leaders working under then-Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, who opted against giving him permission to take part.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/a-tr ... horization
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/2 ... iot-477741
New evidence suggests ‘alliance’ between Oath Keepers, Proud Boys ahead of Jan. 6
The evidence is the first to suggest coordination among the various extremist groups as they prepared to descend on Washington.
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000178 ... fdc63b0000

Wonder whose name is blacked out? Hmmmm? I have Roger Stone on my bingo card :popcorn:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/24/politics ... index.html
(CNN)Footage from the January 6 riot at the US Capitol shows a close ally of Georgia Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene inside the building.

CNN previously reported that Anthony Aguero, a conservative live-streamer, activist and associate of Greene, said on video following the riot that he had been among those who entered the building.

At the time of that February report, Aguero declined to answer if he had been inside when pressed by CNN. He claimed videos later posted to social media accounts from both inside the Capitol and outside were not his, but screen recorded from others.

The publicly posted videos of the riot reviewed by CNN's KFile are now the first ​visual confirmation​ that Aguero went inside the building. Aguero previously confirmed to CNN that he was at the Capitol on January 6 and said he was an "independent journalist" there reporting the events.
Cross posting in her thread.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

A couple of local (to me) idiots arrested.
FBI agents have arrested two Oregon brothers who are accused of breaching the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

Matthew Leland Klein, 24, and Jonathanpeter Allen Klein, 21, are the first Oregon residents to be charged in the Capitol riot.

The younger brother has described himself as a Proud Boy, and was captured in a Jan. 5 photo wearing a Proud Boy PDX shirt, according to the FBI.

More than 300 people have been charged in connection to the riot. Authorities have said they believe at least 100 more could face charges. :snippity:
https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2021/0 ... -riot.html
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

scirreeve wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:05 pm A couple of local (to me) idiots arrested.
FBI agents have arrested two Oregon brothers who are accused of breaching the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

Matthew Leland Klein, 24, and Jonathanpeter Allen Klein, 21, are the first Oregon residents to be charged in the Capitol riot.

The younger brother has described himself as a Proud Boy, and was captured in a Jan. 5 photo wearing a Proud Boy PDX shirt, according to the FBI.

More than 300 people have been charged in connection to the riot. Authorities have said they believe at least 100 more could face charges. :snippity:
https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2021/0 ... -riot.html

You beat me to it. I do miss Maxine's Bundy updates.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:22 pm You beat me to it. I do miss Maxine's Bundy updates.
I misread at first as “Maxine Bundy’s updates” and wondered when that happened. :eek: :lol:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:25 pm
Kendra wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:22 pm You beat me to it. I do miss Maxine's Bundy updates.
I misread at first as “Maxine Bundy’s updates” and wondered when that happened. :eek: :lol:
I think autocorrect did me in. Plus insomnia :bag:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”