Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/06/politics ... index.html
The FBI on Saturday arrested three people in Florida whose whereabouts had been unknown since facing charges related to the January 6, 2021, US Capitol riot.

Jonathan Daniel Pollock, Olivia Michele Pollock and Joseph Daniel Hutchinson III were taken into custody early Saturday morning, according to a press release from the FBI. They are scheduled to appear in federal court in Ocala, Florida, on Monday.

The arrests come on the third anniversary of the attack on the Capitol. The legal system is still grappling with how to handle the hundreds of individuals who stormed the Capitol to keep then-President Donald Trump in the White House.

On Thursday, US Attorney for the District of Columbia Matthew Graves told reporters that prosecutors have primarily focused “on those who entered the building or those who engaged in violent or corrupt conduct on Capitol grounds.”

Olivia Pollock was set to go to trial on federal charges related to the Capitol riot last March, but did not show up to court in Washington, DC. Her brother, Jonathan Pollock, has evaded authorities since he was first charged in July 2021. The FBI had offered thousands of dollars for information on his whereabouts.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

1/6ers talking to Republican Congressmen through broken windows.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:46 am 1/6ers talking to Republican Congressmen through broken windows.
https:// youtu.be/_2Ixm7oFS6c
Alex Witt on MSNBC just had a segment on this video with Ryan Reilly. They only showed a portion, but it did help they had captions so I could follow easier what was being said, as well as how this took so long to become public, I think it was some recent trial/sentencing something or other, but :oldlady: so I could have got it wrong. The one congressman featured front and center they identified as Troy Nehls, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Nehls, and note he's also full on MAGA and supporter of tfg.

??? Was that woman's voice Ashlee Babbitt? Will Speaker Johnson post that entire video on that J6 info page they're supposedly developing?
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Kendra wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:32 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:46 am 1/6ers talking to Republican Congressmen through broken windows.
https:// youtu.be/_2Ixm7oFS6c
Alex Witt on MSNBC just had a segment on this video with Ryan Reilly. They only showed a portion, but it did help they had captions so I could follow easier what was being said, as well as how this took so long to become public, I think it was some recent trial/sentencing something or other, but :oldlady: so I could have got it wrong. The one congressman featured front and center they identified as Troy Nehls, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Nehls, and note he's also full on MAGA and supporter of tfg.

??? Was that woman's voice Ashlee Babbitt? Will Speaker Johnson post that entire video on that J6 info page they're supposedly developing?
Not Babbitt, probably this woman:
Six years in prison for #uncagedbird Audrey Southard-Rumsey who repeatedly attacked officers, was defiant in court (at on point she was waving herself with a paper fan) and earned a terrorism sentencing enhancement from Judge Amit Mehta.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

American perceptions:
https://www.politico.com/newsletters/pl ... 6-00134165

Nehls backtracked.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... rcna132625
Nehls has changed his tone in the three years since Jan. 6, even calling the death of Ashli Babbitt — the rioter who was shot by a Capitol Police officer as she jumped thrthe House floor — "murder."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks for the input all.
bob

Post by bob »

The Babbitt suit will be dismissed due to sovereign immunity (and qualified immunity for anyone sued in their individual capacity).

Judicial Watch should know this.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Interesting points just made on MSNBC by Jamie Raskin this hour.

1. All this video of J6 we've seen, why aren't Rs showing video that demonstrably proves the bad guys are as Antifa as they claim?

2. If all those protesters were Antifa, why are the Rs and tfg so hot to call them hostages and crying for them to be pardoned and released?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bob wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:02 pm The Babbitt suit will be dismissed due to sovereign immunity (and qualified immunity for anyone sued in their individual capacity).

The usual theatre and misdirection.
DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

I was under the impression that the President had authority over the DC National Guard and not the Speaker of the House and the Mayor of Washington DC and if Trump wanted the National Guard there it would have been there with or without their request or approval.

These people say he couldn’t deploy the National Guard without their approval. Plus blah, blah, blah, Steven Sund and blah, blah, blah, Sergeant at Arms….

Am I right or are they?

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:40 pm
bob wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:02 pm The Babbitt suit will be dismissed due to sovereign immunity (and qualified immunity for anyone sued in their individual capacity).

The usual theatre and misdirection.
And grift....the main reason... :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I’m so old I remember watching video of Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer calling several governors requesting National Guard troops.

Not that there was ever any truth to the Trump can’t do it propaganda.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
DrIrvingFinegarten

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:27 pm I’m so old I remember watching video of Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer calling several governors requesting National Guard troops.

Not that there was ever any truth to the Trump can’t do it propaganda.
So if Trump wanted the DC National Guard there, it would have been there with or without Pelosi and Bowser requesting it or allowing it?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Wasn't there a requirement that the National Guard needed to be mobilized thru the proper channels at the DOD?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:39 pm Wasn't there a requirement that the National Guard needed to be mobilized thru the proper channels at the DOD?
https://dc.ng.mil/About-Us/

The D.C National Guard was formed in 1802 by President Thomas Jefferson to defend the newly created District of Columbia. As such, the Commanding General of the D.C. National Guard is subordinate solely to the President of the United States. This authority to activate the D.C. National Guard has been delegated, by the President, to the Secretary of Defense and further delegated to the Secretary of the Army. The D.C. National Guard is the only National Guard unit, out of all of the 54 states and territories, which reports only to the President.
Dave from down under

https://www.nationalguard.mil/News/Arti ... ol-attack/

NEWS | Jan. 8, 2021
DOD details National Guard response to Capitol attack
By Jim Garamone DOD News

WASHINGTON – Once the reality of the assault on the U.S. Capitol became apparent, National Guard troops responded appropriately and with alacrity, Department of Defense officials said in a phone briefing on Jan. 7.

"Yesterday was a horrible and shameful day here in the capital, and the nation at large," Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy said on the call. "The District of Columbia asked the Army for help, and our National Guard responded."

McCarthy, Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Rath Hoffman and Kenneth P. Rapuano, the assistant secretary of defense for homeland defense, put the timeline of the National Guard response in perspective during the call.

District of Columbia officials knew of the planned protests and had requested some assistance when the "First Amendment demonstrations" were planned for Jan. 5 and 6, McCarthy said. Based on this request, officials called up 340 National Guardsmen to help. The Guardsmen were assigned mainly to traffic control, Metro crowd control, some logistics support and a 40-member quick reaction force to be based at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland.

"No other requests were made," the Army secretary said.

But the protests turned into a mob rioting through the halls, chambers and offices of the U.S. Capitol. At around 2 p.m., D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser requested more assistance. Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller immediately called up 1,100 members of the D.C. National Guard.

At the same time, officials were collecting Guardsmen at traffic points and Metro stations and returning them to the D.C. Armory to refit for a crowd control mission, the secretary said. Their mission was to support D.C. Metropolitan Police and Capitol Hill Police.

Guardsmen started flowing into the area of the Capitol soon after and reinforced Metro Police on the perimeter of the Capitol. This allowed the police and FBI to clear the chambers and offices of the U.S. Capitol, McCarthy said. "By 7:15, both chambers and leadership offices were cleared, and members were able to return to business, and we began the planning for the following day," he said.

At 6 p.m., Miller authorized the mobilization of up to 6,200 National Guard members from Maryland, Virginia, New York, New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania. These service members will flow into the city over the next few days and will help secure the peaceful transfer of power to President-elect Joseph Biden on Jan. 20.

"Yesterday's violence at the Capitol was reprehensible and contrary to the tenets of the United States Constitution," Miller said in a written release from the Pentagon. "In the midst of this tragedy, I was proud of the professionalism of our Department of Defense personnel. I want to specifically recognize the service of the District of Columbia National Guard. They performed with honor, integrity and alacrity to protect people and property from unlawful acts."

The DOD is supporting the Justice Department, which is the lead federal agency in this situation. They relied on estimates of the Metropolitan Police and Capitol Hill Police. Those organizations, which had experience with pro-Trump groups in November and December, believed the request they made for personnel was adequate.

"We don't do domestic [intelligence] collection," Hoffman said. "We rely on Capitol Police and federal law enforcement to provide an assessment of the situation. And based on that assessment that they had, they believed they had sufficient personnel and did not make a request."

Estimates of the crowd size were all over the map, Rapuano said.

Thursday, there were 741 National Guardsmen on the Capitol grounds. Guardsmen are also staffing traffic checkpoints and put up a non-scalable fence around the Capitol grounds. More Guardsmen will arrive in the days ahead.

"Our republic may have been disrupted yesterday, but the resolve of our legislators to conduct the people's business did not waver," Miller wrote. "Due to their efforts, supported by local and federal law enforcement and the National Guard, the attempts of those who tried to stop our government from functioning failed. I strongly condemn these acts of violence against our democracy. I, and the people I lead in the Department of Defense, continue to perform our duties in accordance with our oath of office, and will execute the time-honored peaceful transition of power to President-elect Biden on January 20."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

She rioted on January 6. Now she's headed to prison
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

January 6 Fugitives Arrested

Raw News And Politics
9 Jan 2024

After a multi-year search, the FBI has arrested January 6 fugitive, Jonathan Pollock, as well as his sister, Olivia Pollock, and their co-defendant, Joseph Hutchinson III.

news video
► Show Spoiler
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

Guessing this is the right place to put this, but what does everyone think the over under is on Ray Epps life getting even more wrecked by the disciples of the orange profit now that he's been sentenced to probation? I imagine the Qanon types will take this leniency as iron clad proof that he was a "government operative" 🙄
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
DrIrvingFinegarten

Baidn wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:56 am Guessing this is the right place to put this, but what does everyone think the over under is on Ray Epps life getting even more wrecked by the disciples of the orange profit now that he's been sentenced to probation? I imagine the Qanon types will take this leniency as iron clad proof that he was a "government operative" 🙄
It’s circumstantial at best. The only evidence anyone ever had that he was wide the FBI is that there’s no evidence he wasn’t.
Unless they can produce payroll records or some other documentation that he was working for the FBI they have nothing.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:25 pm
Baidn wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:56 am Guessing this is the right place to put this, but what does everyone think the over under is on Ray Epps life getting even more wrecked by the disciples of the orange profit now that he's been sentenced to probation? I imagine the Qanon types will take this leniency as iron clad proof that he was a "government operative" 🙄
It’s circumstantial at best. The only evidence anyone ever had that he was wide the FBI is that there’s no evidence he wasn’t.
Unless they can produce payroll records or some other documentation that he was working for the FBI they have nothing.
Since when has having nothing stopped them?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Absence of evidence

Is all the evidence that these loons need to do whatever insanity/evil that they want.
DrIrvingFinegarten

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:34 pm Absence of evidence

Is all the evidence that these loons need to do whatever insanity/evil that they want.
Because something cannot be conclusively proven false, it must be true or something like that?
bob

Post by bob »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:10 pmBecause something cannot be conclusively proven false, it must be true or something like that?
"After YEARS of not being charged, Epps got a slap on the wrist, ergo, he was (at least) a cooperating witness, if not a fed."

... and not that his participation was relatively minor, he pleaded guilty, and he accepted responsibility. :roll:

Here's an archived version of a RWNJ article that "makes" the case Epps was a federal agent sent to entrap patriots.

Sane people would argue Epps was undercharged, as several who never entered the Capitol were charged with very serious offenses due to their leadership and planning roles. Even if Epps wasn't as culpable as they were, he did show leadership and, well, a role in a conspiracy that spanned beyond his actual actions. But, ultimately, there was insufficient evidence to link him to the bigger fishes.
Image ImageImage

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”