Post by bill_g »

Preeeecious
Volkonski
Verified:

Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

Post by Volkonski »

Marjorie Taylor Greene Calls Out Mike Johnson's Faith

https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-taylo ... th-1884124
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Georgia Republican, has called House Speaker Mike Johnson's faith into question following the approval of the $1.2-trillion government spending bill for the 2024 fiscal year.

After months of delaying a government shutdown with stopgap bills, Congress managed to keep the government funded until September 30 after Congress passed two spending bills, including a $1.2-trillion bill that would keep agencies like the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of Labor, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services funded.

In a post on X, formerly Twitter, on Wednesday, Greene said that Johnson "can't follow Christ and fund full-term abortion clinics. That's the inconvenient truth.

"And EVERY Republican in my conference that voted for the $1.2 TRILLION woke, trans ideology, DEI [diversity, equity and inclusion], Open Border Policy, abortion ABOMINATION omnibus that is upset with me, YOU should be outraged that your Speaker made you walk that plank for him in order to pay our military soldiers."

She continued: "My motion to vacate is a force for change and Republicans better take it seriously and spend the necessary time planning and coming together for new leadership that will not serve the Uniparty, but instead holds firm to our convictions and the promises we make to the people who send us to represent them. You might not like it but you know I'm right."
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

If the GOP wasn’t desperately in need of warm bodies in the House, they might be tempted to send her the way of Santos.

And I don’t feel the least bit hesitant in saying, if Empty G found herself in need of an abortion, she’d be on the next plane to New York faster than Josh Hawley running to his safe place.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:

And I think it was Josh Hawley's wife who argued in front of the Supreme Court.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:35 pm :yeahthat:

And I think it was Josh Hawley's wife who argued in front of the Supreme Court.
Yes.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I saw an interview she did, claiming that Mike Johnson should have refused to allow a Republican congressman (Gallagher?) to resign before the end of his term. I am not a member of Congress, but I don't think that the Speaker has that authority.

She was also very upset that Gallagher (if I got the name right), has chosen to delay his departure until just after the point at which a special election could be held to fill his seat, meaning that the seat will be vacant until January of 2025.

She really has no idea of how our government, Congress in particular, works, does she?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

She came to DC to throw hand grenades, not to govern. Why should she care how it all works? She wants to tear it all down. Not that she has any idea of rebuilding anything else.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Greene: GOP’s Gallagher should be expelled in time for special election

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4553 ... -election/
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) called on Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) on Sunday to push for Rep. Mike Gallagher’s (R-Wis.) expulsion from Congress ahead of his scheduled departure next month to allow his district time to select a new representative.

Gallagher, the chair of the House Select Committee on China, announced last month that he would not seek reelection. On Friday, however, he said his last day would be April 19.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

They will eat other alive some day.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:21 am They will eat other alive some day.
I'm failing to see a downside here.... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Empty Gee - "I'm getting rid of Mike Johnson!"

Also Empty Gee - "But Mike, before I kick your ass to the curb, do me a favor, willya?"
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I wish the House didn't revolve around a morally bankrupt toddler.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:57 pm I wish the House didn't revolve around a morally bankrupt toddler.
Just one?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I was gonna ask, "Which one?"
bob

Post by bob »

Ind. (UK): Mike Johnson names Marjorie Taylor Greene as Mayorkas impeachment manager:
Georgia firebrand gets nod despite filing motion to vacate against speaker following government funding deal with Democrats

Speaker Mike Johnson has named Marjorie Taylor Greene as one of the House managers for the possible impeachment trial of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

This comes after Ms Greene filed a motion to vacate after Mr Johnson made a deal with Democrats to fund the government until late September.

The Georgia Republican was named as a manager alongside Homeland Security Committee Chair Mark Green, Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Michael McCaul, Ethics Committee Chair Michael Guest, and Reps Andy Biggs, Ben Cline, Andrew Garbarino, Harriet Hageman, Clay Higgins, Laurel Lee, and August Pfluger.
This feels more like a power move by Johnson than an appeasement.

Oh:
In a letter on Thursday, the impeachment managers and Mr Johnson told Democratic Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer that they’ll send two charges to the upper chamber on 10 April, urging the Senate leader to “schedule a trial of the matter expeditiously”.
I could see the Senate "expeditiously" dismissing the charges. Or I could see the Senate seizing the opportunity to roast Greene, etc., for creating this stunt.
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:55 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:57 pm I wish the House didn't revolve around a morally bankrupt toddler.
Just one?
This is the loudest one who gets her way all too often.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Dafuq she talkin' about? God is clearly angry that tfg is leading the polls, and is expressing their displeasure. Repent! Vote for Biden!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I mean, it's not like anyone could predict eclipses. And I think she skipped geology courses in school. If she thinks like a 5th century person, she should throw out her car, her phone, her Roku, and food from the grocery store.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:26 pm Dafuq she talkin' about? God is clearly angry that tfg is leading the polls, and is expressing their displeasure. Repent! Vote for Biden!
And thus said Jesus, "Shit happens. Stop trying to look important by saying it must be God's wrath for you ain't got a damn clue and haven't listened to a thing I've said."

I might paraphrased a bit, but that's the general gist.
101010 :towel:
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:26 pm Dafuq she talkin' about? God is clearly angry that tfg is leading the polls, and is expressing their displeasure. Repent! Vote for Biden!
This is what the dangerously stupid look like; that they might be in full charge after the next election should frighten the living shit out of any sane individual.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

So, was god active when Biden won the 2020 election?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Anything to get her name in clicks.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”