Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Partial credit. The full line is "I never shirley. And don't call me Jest."
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

Post by raison de arizona »

She's so bad. :stamp:
Ed Krassenstein @EdKrassen wrote: WOW.

History Dr. Timothy Snyder just completely debunked and embarrassed Marjorie Taylor Greene after she kept pushing the narrative of Nazis in Ukraine.

“On the question of Nazis, I’ve written two books as a historian about Nazis and the holocaust. On the question of Ukrainian nationalism, I am the leading scholar of that subject in North America. I’ve been writing about it for 20 years.

"If the chamber is interested in the degree of far right participation in Ukrainian politics, you can be assured that no far right party has every surpassed 3% in a Ukrainian election. So of course there are bad people in any country but by any comparative standard, it’s a very small phenomenon.

"In Russia, on the other hand, the army includes openly Nazi formations… The government, itself, is fascist in character, and is carrying out a war that includes the deportation of children by the 10s of thousands, the open intention of destroying a state, as well as mass torture.

"So if we’re looking for fascism, and if there is anyone who is sincerely concerned about halting fascism or racism, you’d look to halt Russia."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:notlistening:

Like she listened.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

You knew what was coming the instant she said (and emphasized) MISTER Snyder, when referring to Dr. Snyder.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

She's just a troll, a pebble in your shoe, not a legislator or a leader or anything of significance. Simply a pest, or better, a pestilence. Unfortunately, she'll likely be elected for as long as she cares to run.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:30 pm You knew what was coming the instant she said (and emphasized) MISTER Snyder, when referring to Dr. Snyder.
Yep, her usual laughably condescending self as she “educated” him.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

In the lakes area near hear, there is/was an owner for a boat rental place that has gotten herself in a bunch of hot water. Visually, she reminds me of somebody.

It started with a dispute with a customer that resulted in her throwing their phone in the lake. It has now grown to chargers of forgery, unlawful possession of a certificate of title, and a few theft charges.
https://www.lakemchenryscanner.com/2024 ... al-thefts/
101010 :towel:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Resume18 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:37 pm She's just a troll, a pebble in your shoe, not a legislator or a leader or anything of significance. Simply a pest, or better, a pestilence. Unfortunately, she'll likely be elected for as long as she cares to run.
A couple of months ago I saw her described as a Shock Jock, and I thought it fit her perfectly.
Hic sunt dracones
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

GLppNNqWQAAErtw.jpeg
GLppNNqWQAAErtw.jpeg (240.31 KiB) Viewed 803 times
Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona

Moskowitz’s latest.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Perfect. I love good invective. She is a clue mosquito.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 86a9&ei=22

When you go so low, even Bartiromo calls you out...
Fox News anchor Maria Bartiromo called out Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) for not voicing a clear strategy on ousting Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) or presenting a clear alternative to the current circumstances.

In an interview on Fox’s Sunday Morning Futures, Bartiromo confronted Greene over the criticism she has received from many on both the left and the right over her repeated threats to oust the speaker.

“You’re getting criticized on the left, on the right, in the media … a lot of people are criticizing you,” Bartiromo said. “And the reason that they are is because they’re saying that you’re creating drama during this election year. How is this leading to reelecting President Trump? How is this leading to the American people believing that the Republicans can govern? People are saying, ‘Look, she’s creating chaos. She’s making the entire party look like it’s disrupted.’ Your reaction and response to those criticisms?”

“Those that are calling this drama are the very people that are responsible for the drama that the American people are having to live through every single day,” Greene replied. “Those on the left, those on the right, the uniparty that’s in control of our government are the ones that have inflicted the American people with nearly $35 trillion in debt, ripped our border wide open.”
Video at the link.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Link won' embed, so here you go.
Attachments
mtg.jpg
mtg.jpg (50.72 KiB) Viewed 625 times
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:rotflmao:
raison de arizona

I dunno, is she the witch, or is she the flying monkeys?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I don't think that's Margaret Hamilton, is that drunph?
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:14 pm I dunno, is she the witch, or is she the flying monkeys?
A witch needs to have some leadership qualities.
Largo al factotum.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

It would work with Putin as the witch
raison de arizona

Well, I'll buy the part about not wanting "to vote for Republicans anymore." At least.
Republicans against Trump @RpsAgainstTrump wrote: Moscow Marjorie: “The people criticizing me are not the American people. The American people agree with me.”
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

The only American people are the people who think like me ....
Largo al factotum.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

So people who don't agree with her aren't Americans? My ancestors on both sides came over here in the late 1600s. I don't know how to be anything but American. Only Native folks have me beaten on that (yeah, by about 1000 years). She can kiss my shiny very American ass. And I'm in Alabama so I'm even more southern than she is.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

You're missing the real point. No-one agrees with her. Shes a pariah even among republicans. sheknows that. So she is loudly declaring otherwise because that's what turnip does.

She's daring reality to contradict her.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

About a man with manic depression who made threatening phone calls. MTG did not get restitution. Apparently don't need a gift link, and comments are turned off.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/i ... e-threats/
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Greene says Johnson’s ‘days as Speaker are numbered’

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4628 ... n-speaker/
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) is doubling down on her commitment to oust Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.), saying his days in the leadership position are “numbered” as House members await a potential privileged vote on a motion to vacate.

Greene last month filed a motion to remove Johnson, saying he crossed a line by holding a vote for additional Ukraine aid. Two other GOP lawmakers have already backed it — enough votes to remove the Speaker if all Democrats vote with her — though Democrats have generally opposed her effort.

“Permanent funding for Ukraine is exactly what they want and Mike Johnson will give it to them,” Greene said Sunday in a post on the social platform X, referring to Ukrainian leadership and the Biden administration. “Peace is not an option for them because it doesn’t fit the government appropriations war business and economic model, which is vile and disgusting.”

“They’re plan is keep funding the proxy war with Russia in Ukraine and when that doesn’t work, after all the Ukrainian men have been slaughtered, next they will put American troops on the ground,” Greene said. “Johnson will do whatever Biden/Schumer want in order to keep the Speaker’s gavel in his hand, but he has completely sold out the Republican voters who gave us the majority.”

“His days as Speaker are numbered,” she added.

President Biden signed the $95 billion foreign aid supplemental last week, which included about $61 billion for Ukraine aid. Most of that spending was to rebuild stockpiles of domestic weapons and supplies, and a significant portion of the aid that is set to go directly to the Ukrainian government will be in the form of a loan.

Despite introducing Greene’s motion to vacate, it has not yet faced a vote, as she has not marked the measure as privileged. With a House schedule free of must-pass bills this week, a fight over Johnson’s job could come soon.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews wrote: Is the US House Speaker facing a legit threat of being ousted?

Or has Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) swung …. and missed.

My latest ===>

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”