Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

keith wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:12 am C'mon folks, control yourselves please.

This is for reporting problems.
:snippity:
I would think the fact that board takes over 30 seconds to load pages constitutes a problem. It has worked since yesterday though.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Reality Check wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:33 am
keith wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:12 am C'mon folks, control yourselves please.

This is for reporting problems.
:snippity:
I would think the fact that board takes over 30 seconds to load pages constitutes a problem. It has worked since yesterday though.

But Foggy's aware of that problem, so we can't really "report" it at this point, we can *comment* on it by giving him updates and telling him what we think is wrong, but those aren't really reports. Comments like these are now supposed to go in the thread Keith posted, so that if a NEW problem develops and someone reports it in this thread, or if someone has a question about the board, Foggy can find it more easily. So far, virtually NONE of the posts to this board since Foggy made his request (including mine, I'll admit) are neither reports of problems or questions about the board. They're commentary and should be in the other thread.

If anyone wants to respond to me, please do so in the proper thread. I will not be posting responses here.
https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2232
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Cornfuzed. We need separate topic threads to discuss the issues of the site performance? The second lends nothing except people giving hugs and kisses to Foggy. That is productive? All well and good, but we have an existing topic thread for the poor rooster.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20230822_083718.jpg
Estiveoshot_20230822_083718.jpg (78.32 KiB) Viewed 5940 times
Image Image Image Image
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
neonzx wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:33 am Cornfuzed. We need separate topic threads to discuss the issues of the site performance? The second lends nothing except people giving hugs and kisses to Foggy. That is productive? All well and good, but we have an existing topic thread for the poor rooster.
We didn't really need a second thread, and I don't need hugs and kisses, and I plan to delete deleted the other thread. But you are the reason why Estiveo felt like he needed to intervene. You ordered me to stop doing forum maintenance any more, but:

1. You have no idea what I even do on Sunday mornings, and,

2. You are no computer expert, and,

3. Forum maintenance is not a problem that needs to be reported, because it is recommended by not only the phpBB team, but by the guy we hired from Canada to fix the forum when I couldn't do it (and I would hire him again, but this is a server issue, not a phpBB issue).
So your post, like all your posts in this thread, was off-topic.

3. You have dozens of posts in this topic - like that one, and like this one - that have nothing to do with reporting a problem. Just a lot of yack, totally off topic, in a manifestly obvious effort to be disruptive.

Therefore, henceforth (god I love that kind of talk) you are prohibited from posting in this thread. If you notice a problem with the forum and nobody else has reported it yet, shut up. Someone will report it later. If you post anything in this thread - or get cute again and report it in some other thread - you will be banned for a week, even if you are the first person to report a legitimate problem. You are invited not to report problems at all. Period.
 ! Message from: Foggy
I'm still working on the problem, but things seem a little better today. I'll have a more detailed report mañana.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:55 pm I'm still working on the problem, but things seem a little better today. I'll have a more detailed report mañana.
Would this be the constant logout problem? Due to off-topic tangents, I'm losing thread of what the current issue being worked on is, and the constant logout problem is hitting me again today, so I'm wondering if that's it.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I've never been able to re-create the constant logout problem in order to work on it. It also hasn't really happened to me, so I haven't had to learn how to fix it. However, I will do a little more research on the phpBB support site.

Until then, I would try User Control Panel - - > Profile tab - - > Manage "Remember me" login keys. Delete them all and start again.

I will say, young feller, that from reading your posts, I suspect you have a tendency to log in from IP addresses all over the place. Foreign countries, even. We have a member who used to be like that: GreatGrey was an airline pilot and flew around so much it'd make ya dizzy. I wonder if he ever found a solution to the constant logout problem? :think:

Paging Greatgrey, please come to the white courtesy telephone.

I will say that the constant logout problem is local, that is, a few people suffer but it doesn't affect the whole forum. I always joke that to fix it, I will have to come to your house, which might could be a little pricey. But hell, I want to come over to your house. I know I would learn something cool.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The Fogbow has been working well for me the last few days. I was getting logged out quite often but that problem seems to have gone away too. :biggrin:

All is well on the North Fork. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:35 am I will say, young feller, that from reading your posts, I suspect you have a tendency to log in from IP addresses all over the place. Foreign countries, even. We have a member who used to be like that: GreatGrey was an airline pilot and flew around so much it'd make ya dizzy. I wonder if he ever found a solution to the constant logout problem? :think:
Well, yes. In the last 5 years, I've logged in to iterations of Fogbow from .... Bangladesh, Thailand, Malaysia, Burma/Myanmar, Australia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Serbia, Turkey/Turkiye, the United Kingdom (inclusive of not just England but Scotland and Cornwall), Spain, France, Italy, in no particular order. Not counting six different States and Territories of our own United States.
I will say that the constant logout problem is local, that is, a few people suffer but it doesn't affect the whole forum. I always joke that to fix it, I will have to come to your house, which might could be a little pricey. But hell, I want to come over to your house. I know I would learn something cool.
My current location is high hardship and somewhat dangerous, but my Chief of Mission is approving a new policy which does allow folks to visit for up to two weeks if they have appropriate insurance. I'm trying to convince a former colleague or two from previous assignments to come out and enjoy the great food and strong U.S. dollar. Alas....

That said, I'll try your suggestion. It only hits me sporadically and I think part of the current wave of it is from local infrastructure which is probably causing my ISP to have periodic long lags which make the board think I've timed out.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Johnny Cash had a song about that: I been everywhere man!

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Off Topic
bill_g wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:55 am Johnny Cash had a song about that: I been everywhere man!

Johnny ripped off Geoff Mack and Lucky Starr for that one.
[url=
https://www.nfsa.gov.au/collection/cura ... ucky-starr] The ORIGINAL I've been everywhere man[/url]
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Foggy, you may already know, but two things for the list (no hurry at all):

1. The Search isn't working correctly. It comes back with what we got in Fogbow 1.0 searching for Orly -- "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words" Yesterday, it didn't work at all.. today it's throwing the error on words like "Trump". In the meantime, an easy workaround is:
To search within a website using Google, follow these steps: 1. Go to Google.com. 2. Type in the search operator "site" followed by a colon and then the site name and the keyword you want to search for. 3. Press Enter after you've entered your search terms. 4. Your search results will appear
2. We've lost the Share icons for Twitter etc.

No need to reply, just wanted to add them if there's a punch list coming. Thanks so much for all you do! :bighug:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

keith wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:08 am
Off Topic

Johnny ripped off Geoff Mack and Lucky Starr for that one.
The ORIGINAL I've been everywhere man
!

... and he didn't damage his tongue in the process ...
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:10 am 2. We've lost the Share icons for Twitter etc.
I temporarily disabled them to reduce the load on my server. Will be re-enabled sooner than later.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
C'mon, folks. No blabberin' or threadjacks in this thread. Johnny Cash, my butt. Take it somewhere else, because if this thread was on topic it would be only 10 pages long, probably.

In this thread, I am going to start deleting anything that isn't a report about a new problem with the forum.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Just tried to search for "Rittenhouse" and it told me it was too common a word. I found his thread by using "Kyle."
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:lol:

GUARDS! Flog the Search team!
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 29#p214029

Could we please have some quotation marks, or qualifying words, or something, to make it explicit that "Biden Crime Family" is meant in a Pickwickian, that is to say, ironic, sense. I don't like reading what's there now.

Thanks.

Signed,

LIberal Snowflake
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

chancery wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:45 pm https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 29#p214029

Could we please have some quotation marks, or qualifying words, or something, to make it explicit that "Biden Crime Family" is meant in a Pickwickian, that is to say, ironic, sense. I don't like reading what's there now.

Thanks.

Signed,

LIberal Snowflake
I second the motion!
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

The Biden ‘Crime’ (sic) Family : Not a Shred of Evidence?
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: desantis florida."

iow the search is broken :( :mad:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:42 pm "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: desantis florida."

That’s how it’s always not worked. It’s a phpbb issue.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:42 pm "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: desantis florida."

Disagree. Your search terms return too many hits.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

OK, weird... I tried to sign in on an iPad I don't use a lot this morning. Site said 'not recognized.' Tried to do a 'forgot password' just in case... didn't recognize any of my emails. Tried to Register a new user... wouldn't. Tried everything I could think of; no dice.

BUT

On both my phone and laptop, which I 'stay signed in' on, I'm still signed in (obviously). I don't dare log out just yet to test whether I can sign in again on them.

My only idea: The site for a long time has only allowed a certain number of devices to be 'remembered.' The devices that were allowed still work. The pad, which wasn't 'remembered' (had to manually enter password each time) is the one that stone refused all attempts to sign in this morning.

And BTW Foggy: all my reporting of problems are NOT complaints. They are just to possibly assist you in fixing issues that inevitably arise. :notworthy1:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

roadscholar wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:14 am The site for a long time has only allowed a certain number of devices to be 'remembered.' The devices that were allowed still work. The pad, which wasn't 'remembered' (had to manually enter password each time) is the one that stone refused all attempts to sign in this morning.
I don't know if there's really a limit. I can test it out, but I'm sure I could be using the site on three or more computers, plus my tablet and phone, but that's only about 5 devices.

And I know absolutely nothing about iPhones or anything Apple. I can't even fix this one by coming over to your house. :shrug:
And BTW Foggy: all my reporting of problems are NOT complaints. They are just to possibly assist you in fixing issues that inevitably arise.

Oh, I know that. I need to know stuff like this, and the only way to find out for sure what I can fix and what I can't is for you to describe the problem you're having.

And I'll admit, that's the weirdest thing ever. At the very least, it should have allowed you to create a new user (but if you do that, tell me about it when you get it working correctly, so I can delete the duplicate user). I can't imagine being able to view the site without being able to create a new user. :confuzzled:

And I can't fix this, but when you do, let us know what really happened, por favor.

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”