All Dogz Worthy

Lani

Re: All Dogz Worthy

Post by Lani » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:32 am

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:56 am

Lani,Thank you for posing the link for the SAR dogs 9/11 thread. Wonderful!
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:40 am

Dogs have a secret weapon when it comes to getting what they want or getting out of trouble: puppy dog eyes. When our canine companions raise their eyebrows, making their eyes look wider, more helpless and baby-like, it seems the facial expression was designed to manipulate human emotions. And it turns out, that’s likely true, according to a new study in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
:snippity:
The researchers suggest that in the 20,000 years or so since humans and dogs began hanging out, evolutionary pressures have caused the LAOM muscle to develop in canines in order to communicate with their human companions. “They are very powerful animals in how they capture our hearts,” Waller tells The Guardian’s Sample. “We pay a lot of attention to faces, they are meaningful to us, and this expression makes dogs look juvenile and sad. It induces a nurturing response. It’s a cute factor.”
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... JfrqKEc.99

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Our drive-in movie party showing Jaws is tonight but it's looking like it may get rained out. We'll have to have it indoors, which cuts down on audience participation. It also keeps the girls from attending, but they didn't get out of dressing up. I took their photo one more time. I added a prop cigarette to Gilda's Police Chief Brody costume, since he's a bit of a chain smoker.
Jaws G and G1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImageImage x4

Lani

Post by Lani » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:22 pm

A second chance
Twelve years ago, 47 dogs were rescued from Michael Vick’s dogfighting operation and allowed to live. They've enriched the lives of countless humans and altered the course of animal welfare.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ost&wpmm=1

Wapo tracked down all 47 dogs, many of whom are still alive with a loving family. Best to have tissues handy when you view their photos and read their stories. :crying: :lovestruck:

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:10 pm

Lani wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:22 pm
A second chance
Twelve years ago, 47 dogs were rescued from Michael Vick’s dogfighting operation and allowed to live. They've enriched the lives of countless humans and altered the course of animal welfare.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ost&wpmm=1

Wapo tracked down all 47 dogs, many of whom are still alive with a loving family. Best to have tissues handy when you view their photos and read their stories. :crying: :lovestruck:
You know who would not have been given a second chance in Maybelot? Michael Vick. He would have been forever banned from professional sports.

There are a lot of folks who would be banned from professional sports in Maybelot — not because we don’t think they can be rehabilitated, but for every professional athlete there are a thousand waiting to take their place who are not going to abuse animals, people or drugs.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:27 pm

I can't think of a more congenial spot than Maybelot.
Image Image Image Image Image

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:23 pm

Estiveo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:27 pm
I can't think of a more congenial spot than Maybelot.
:rimshot:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:57 pm

Tucker Budzyn
about 2 weeks ago ·

Dog Reviews Food With Grandpa | Tucker Taste Test 13
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:15 pm

Auggie the doggie visiting with his boy

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:26 pm

Doggiez needzez boys. Just ask my granddoggies.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:52 am

The little things that break your heart...

My husband is away (he left Thursday, won’t be back til early October). I had the Maybedog with me out at the cabin. We came back home this morning, and Maybedog ran in the house, ran up and down the stairs, stopping in each room looking for his buddy. Maybe I’m projecting, but the look of sadness on on his face was heartbreaking.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Princess foofypants

Post by Princess foofypants » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:12 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:52 am
The little things that break your heart...

My husband is away (he left Thursday, won’t be back til early October). I had the Maybedog with me out at the cabin. We came back home this morning, and Maybedog ran in the house, ran up and down the stairs, stopping in each room looking for his buddy. Maybe I’m projecting, but the look of sadness on on his face was heartbreaking.
Awww. Our Simba is like that when realist isn’t around. Even when he goes outside for a minute Simba is heartbroken and howls at the door for his papa.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:42 am

I've heard this bull before.

Lani

Post by Lani » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:32 am

I check into dog_rates almost daily when I need to chill out. It's not rocket science. Just goofy good dog pics.

A few days ago, the tweeter posted:

Two days later, this happened.

The adopters posted this picture of their adoptees passed out after enjoying their first day of freedom.
Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:07 am

:lovestruck: :thumbs:

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:56 am

Woman is reunited with missing dog 12 years later and 1,000 miles from home
Dutchess the fox terrier squeezed out the door at her owner’s house in Orlando one day in February 2007 and didn’t return. A devastated Katheryn Strang made “lost dog” signs and took daily trips to the local shelter for months, desperate to find her.

On Friday, Strang finally got the reunion she had been hoping for — 12 years after Dutchess disappeared. A man found the dog under his shed in the Pittsburgh area, almost 1,000 miles from Orlando. He took the shivering animal to a shelter, Humane Animal Rescue. There, a scan of Dutchess’s microchip linked her to Strang, who had since moved to Boca Raton, Fla.

At the shelter on Friday, Strang cried as an employee handed her the dog she had always hoped would one day return to her. Staff members posted footage of the emotional reunion on Facebook, writing, “This is why we do what we do.”
[moar at the link]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/ ... iles-home/

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:32 am

The dog was like....
"I Almost got away"

Lani

Post by Lani » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:20 am

There's a movie about this dog and the fairy penguins!
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3401748/

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:53 am

https://www.thedodo.com/close-to-home/d ... year-apart
Strange Dog Shows Up On Woman's Lawn — And Seems To Recognize Her
Sweetest reunion 😍💕

Kate Howard was sitting outside her home one afternoon after a memorial service when something amazing happened. An adorable brown pittie with white markings sat down on the grass in front of her.

Howard could tell there was something special about the dog — she just didn’t know what.

But it wasn’t until the dog’s owner called, “Winnie! Come on!” that Howard realized why the dog looked so familiar. Nearly a year ago, Howard had fostered an adorable puppy from Louisville Metro Animal Services. That puppy's name was also Winnie.

“I cried for three days after she was spayed and went up for adoption, worrying about whether she had found a good home,” Howard wrote on Twitter.

Howard is so happy that Winnie has found the home she deserves — which, as it turns out, is only a block from where Howard lives.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:55 am

https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/anima ... og-puppies
We just hosted a pug sleepover party, and we're about to do it again

Hosting my dogs' cousins for a family reunion is not something I ever expected to be doing. And yet, there they were: A dozen pure-bred pugs gallivanting around our house as if they owned the place. There was Turner attempting to pee on a piece of furniture in the living room, while Heddy and Patti ran circles around him. My wife Elizabeth was giving another pug a manicure.

Our pug Fergus is a miracle of nature. His mom was Gwen, a sweet pug who we've met on several occasions. His dad, on the other hand, is quite literally an absentee father. Stuffy, whose official name was Sheffield's Stuff'n Nonsense, was a famous show pug who won multiple awards in the 1970s. Yes, my dog's dad is older than I am. Stuffy was so admired that his Nixon-era owners froze some of his DNA in a doggie sperm bank inside the veterinary school on the campus of Ohio State University. Even though Stuffy passed away shortly after Watergate, his legacy lives on in the dozens of best-in-show pugs that he's sired from six feet under. Fergus is one of his more than 50 children.

Meanwhile, Spike comes from a more traditional lineage. His parents – Sig and Bella – were at least alive when he was conceived.

So what does one do at a pug sleepover? Sure, we could watch movies like "Lady and the Tramp" or "All Dogs Go to Heaven." But nobody was in the sit-still mood, so we set up a pug spa. In the kitchen sink, Elizabeth gave the five tiny puppies their first-ever bath, while the others enjoyed getting their teeth flossed.
LOTS of cute pug pics and videos in the article!

tek

Post by tek » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:55 pm

image_2019_11_10T20_01_07_768Z.jpg
There's no way back
from there to here

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”