Schools, Teachers etc.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Schools, Teachers etc.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:groupdance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Schools, Teachers etc.

Post by RTH10260 »

California superintendent fired for allegedly threatening students who didn't clap for her daughter

Doha Madani
Updated Thu, May 2, 2024 at 9:03 AM GMT+2·3 min read

A California school district fired its superintendent through a school board vote Tuesday after an investigation into her conduct.

In November, students on the Del Norte High School softball team alleged that Poway Unified School District Superintendent Marian Kim Phelps threatened their graduation privileges over a perceived slight of her daughter, who was on the team.

They addressed the school board at a meeting, alleging that Phelps believed the group had not clapped loudly enough for her daughter, NBC San Diego reported at the time.

After a softball awards banquet last May, students say, Phelps called and texted some of them late that night accusing them of not clapping for her daughter at the ceremony, NBC San Diego reported. Phelps then threatened to revoke their graduation privileges if they didn’t apologize to her daughter, the students alleged.

Coach Tom Peronto said at a school board meeting last year that he alerted the board to Phelps' "abuse of power" and that his livelihood was threatened as a result.

"Because I had exposed these abuses and emails to the board members, she then falsely accused me of verbally attacking a member of the board in the district parking lot, using this as justification to have me fired from coaching softball at Del Norte,” Peronto said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-s ... 46328.html
(original: NBC News)
John Thomas8

Schools, Teachers etc.

Post by John Thomas8 »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Schools, Teachers etc.

Post by RTH10260 »

Virginia school district restores names of Confederate leaders to 2 schools

CBS Evening News
11 May 2024

A Virginia school district is now the first in the country to restore school names honoring Confederate leaders after they were removed in the racial reckoning of 2020. While some say the change honors their heritage, others say it reopens wounds of racial hate. Nikole Killion reports.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”