Sovereign Citizens and Related Nutz

boots

Re: Sovereign Citizens and Related Nutz

Post by boots »

and just think all these "right to travel" dumbasses just need to look at a current version of their state's vehicle code and it would save them from all these needless arrests and fines. Too bad. Stupidity may not be a crime but it seems to be a motivation.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I recognise all the clips from various YouTube videos. If anyone wants to spend some time watching idiots lose their windows and their liberty check out Van Balion, Degeneration Nation and Scam Stingers. (I'm sure there is another but I can't remember the name). Likely NSFW due to naughty words and loud screams.
Sponsored by AutoGlass
Patron saint P Barnes
Trump appoints Incitatus to lead corona virus response.
#KingDonaldsPlague

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

boots wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:24 pm
and just think all these "right to travel" dumbasses just need to look at a current version of their state's vehicle code and it would save them from all these needless arrests and fines. Too bad. Stupidity may not be a crime but it seems to be a motivation.
Nah, never going to happen. It won't/doesn't say what they want it to say and they already have narrative they are fixated on. They've had it read to them and explained to them and they have their fingers in their ears and humming.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon »

From the Oregonian

Pastor of church challenging Oregon governor’s emergency coronavirus orders is Facebook friend with judge
https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/ ... aking_news
Delusion: A poot who thinks that he/she is one of "we the people." ;)

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Ken changed his name cuz reasons. I actually checked whether he did this legally - not as far as I can tell (yet).
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I shouldn't have posted that before scrolling down his page. It all makes sense now.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

scirreeve wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:31 am
I shouldn't have posted that before scrolling down his page. It all makes sense now.
I don't want what he's been smoking. :?
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

Here is the story of one Baoquoc Tran Nguyen, an aggressive "First Amendment auditor" type with the distinction of having a Tuscon, Arizona city ordinance enacted to better help prohibit his antics & harassment (and those choosing to follow his example):

https://tucson.com/news/local/tucson-cr ... e1757.html

Nguyen's YouTube channel, "Clash With Bao" is located here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_YnD ... KgUW89Si6Q
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --President George W. Bush

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Indigo wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:44 am
Here is the story of one Baoquoc Tran Nguyen, an aggressive "First Amendment auditor" type with the distinction of having a Tuscon, Arizona city ordinance enacted to better help prohibit his antics & harassment (and those choosing to follow his example):
Huh. I can not help but notice that when it comes to PoC filming police, even quietly from the sideline, no new ordinance has been needed to arrest them. Just vague 'interfering' and 'resisting arrest'.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Indigo wrote:

https://tucson.com/news/local/tucson-cr ... e1757.html

Nguyen's YouTube channel, "Clash With Bao" is located here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_YnD ... KgUW89Si6Q
I remember when that guy got arrested in TX - the 1A "auditor" community went nutz.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

neeneko wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:22 am
Huh. I can not help but notice that when it comes to PoC filming police, even quietly from the sideline, no new ordinance has been needed to arrest them. Just vague 'interfering' and 'resisting arrest'.
:yeah:
This bramble need not be traversed.

Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

I've seen plenty of these guys get hooked up. I'm especially amused with that Paypal Patty dude who looks like Bobby Hill. These guys are in it for the attention and the YouTube clicks; I don't think they give many fucks for the 1st Amendment.

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

neeneko wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:22 am
Indigo wrote:
I can agree with that generally (re: PoC filming the police). This story was specific to Tuscon though, and I do not know what sort of record they have with respect to that issue.
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --President George W. Bush

LtDansLegs

Post by LtDansLegs »

scirreeve wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:31 am
Capture.JPG
So those other variations are totally wrong and invalidate errythang...but shortening to Ken on Facebook is totally different and stuff. Makes sense.

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Indigo wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:39 pm
I can agree with that generally (re: PoC filming the police). This story was specific to Tuscon though, and I do not know what sort of record they have with respect to that issue.
True, the story was specific to a place and I also do not know about their reputation. However, cops across the country all pull from the same basic general toolset, so it still kinda feels like 'oh, it is a white guy, ahm, we better make sure there is a specific law!' as opposed to 'oh, it is a minority, eh, if they complain we will either drop the charges and tell them how lucky they are, or call them anti-cop and that will keep the white suburbanites next door happy'.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Honestly I havent seen any real bias in sov cit vids
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

wserra

Post by wserra »

I have, but infrequently. Whether the selection is skewed by knowledge of filming is difficult to say.

Still, the videos of folks like Bao, above, do prove one thing: you have an unquestioned First Amendment right to be a jerk.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

I admit I am less pulling from sovcit vids, and more from local stories. I live near philly and interact a bit with some of the activist communities. PoC filming police from a distance and getting in trouble for it is a bit of a recurring issue. Some even cary copies of the (actual) relevant laws, and still end up getting arrested then released.

arayder

Post by arayder »

neeneko wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:30 pm
Indigo wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:39 pm
True, the story was specific to a place and I also do not know about their reputation. However, cops across the country all pull from the same basic general toolset, so it still kinda feels like 'oh, it is a white guy, ahm, we better make sure there is a specific law!' as opposed to 'oh, it is a minority, eh, if they complain we will either drop the charges and tell them how lucky they are, or call them anti-cop and that will keep the white suburbanites next door happy'.
These auditors started out being nuisances. But, it seems like the cops caught on and realized if they didn't engage all the auditors would get would be film of them calmly doing their jobs.

Since the auditing is done to gain a sort of celebrity in Pootville, it just wouldn't do to have boring videos of cops giving out tickets and telling people to drive safely. That's when the auditors started getting aggressive, calling names and sometimes even getting in the way of officers.

It's like the difference between watching a T.V. episode of the old Superman series and watching a modern Marvel super hero movie. Just bending the bad guy's revolver barrel doesn't to it any more.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

For reasons.... a very big subsection of the Auditors is filming in Post Offices.
There is a public notice, called poster 7 https://about.usps.com/posters/pos7.pdf, that clearly says you can film in a post office However, filming inside of a post office DOES require permission from the United States Postal Service .
They show up, open up with a quick cameo of Poster 7 and proceed to asshole around until they get arrested, tresspassed or beat into goo by a customer who doesn't want to be filmed in the post office with his not wife (I cannot find the MOST SATISFYING youtube idiot ever but that happened).

If you're into that kind of madness, google Post Office Auditors.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

What exactly is there worthy auditing at the post office? The length of the line? A debate over the correct use of tape on the package?

It sounds like some of these auditors just want to run around and be assholes with cameras. They have to choose a post office because private businesses would kick their butt off the premises.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Northland10 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:12 am
What exactly is there worthy auditing at the post office? The length of the line? A debate over the correct use of tape on the package?

It sounds like some of these auditors just want to run around and be assholes with cameras. They have to choose a post office because private businesses would kick their butt off the premises.
I have not been viewing the video clips for a couple of years now. But back when I first followed a selected handful of "1st Amendment Auditors" it was for them to confirm the right to film and photograph in public. There exists a SCOTUS decision that everything that can be seen from public ground as far as the line of sight goes is protected 1st Amendment activity. Originally police didn't like to have their activities and misdees be observed, but most have now wised up. Also private companies and their security believe their policy and regulation of "no photographing or filming on the premises" carries over onto public space. Especially those security companies are in dire need of getting put in place. Police does it when they get called. At worst it also gets documented when security staff believes they can personally enforce company regulations on public ground. Public space is also in effect on government properties, eg everything where the public is allowed to circulate freely. That includes parts of court houses, and no, the local head judge cannot restrict that. That includes the post office premises, but I understand that the special section in the Post Office Regulations may have been modified since I last seen a clip. Originally no restriction, now possibly requires permission by the local post office manager. The Post Office is not exactly a government agency. Most post office staffers seem ignorant of the regulation, as the filming from side walks is permitted activity. The worst cases that got documented when I was viewing sometime back was off-duty police officers moonlighting as company guards in police uniform, up to detaining in handcuffs people who they thought was encroaching on premises. Several law suits were lost there. Another agency that does not liked their locations to be observed is the FBI. I have seen clips where agents massively threatened and attacked an observer on public grounds.

To summarize my observation of the observers: it started off with valid issues. Then unqualified people did see they can get Youtube fame and thought of the movement as a fun in spare time. They handle the confrontational part (eg get challenged by staff or the called out police) badly and get into shouting matches rather than calmly "standing their legal grounds". Also too some behave alike sovcits and cannot recall the script and try to read answers from papers.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Poster 7 dates to at least 1987, so its not a new thing that you have to get permission to film before you show up to be Capt. Asshole. I have seen some Postal Employees assert something about security concerns, and I'm cool with that. Unlike Police Harrassment I don't think one of the big problems in America is getting abused at the Post Office.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:18 pm
Poster 7 dates to at least 1987, so its not a new thing that you have to get permission to film before you show up to be Capt. Asshole. I have seen some Postal Employees assert something about security concerns, and I'm cool with that. Unlike Police Harrassment I don't think one of the big problems in America is getting abused at the Post Office.
The poster may be way old, wording was modified after said SCOTUS decision. The last time I saw it a couple of years back there was no need for getting permission for the publicly accessbile areas. That may have changed recently.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I guess its a little vague. I do love seeing them get tossed though.

Photographs for News, Advertising,
or Commercial Purposes
Photographs for news purposes may be
taken in entrances, lobbies, foyers, corridors, or auditoriums when used for public
meetings except where prohibited by
official signs or Security Force personnel
or other authorized personnel or a federal
court order or rule. Other photographs may
be taken only with the permission of the
local Postmaster or installation head

Poster 7, August 2016 PSN 7690-03-000-9181

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”