Hamas Attacks Israel

pipistrelle

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:14 pm Yes, one "Israeli guy" is a dick.

Also it's probably a 99% chance that's a fake bit of propaganda by someone or other.
Over the years Alexander Vindman's fallen for a few that I know of, which is disappointing.

I'm skeptical of everything. Not that it couldn't happen but did it and is this real? thinking.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by RTH10260 »

Looked at the X-rated (got your mind in the gutter ? ;) ) account. Looks to me like a troll. That clip is likely not the poster himself. He reposts clips out of damaged Gaza as if he were pro-Palestine.
Suranis

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Suranis »

Hamas has controlled education in Gaza for a Generation. I don't know if this is true or not but it could be.

Hic sunt dracones
busterbunker

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by busterbunker »

I don't know if this is true or not but it could be?

Seriously?

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=visegr%C3%A1d+24&l=1
Polish Misinformation Using a Hungarian Recipe: The Curious Case of Visegrád 24

The popular Visegrád 24 Twitter account pretends to be a news agency, but just repackages material with a conservative spin
11 January 2023

The Visegrád 24 Twitter account has rapidly grown in popularity, but their motivation and funding are far from transparent. While capitalising on Western support for Ukraine, the owners are building a brand to “Make Europe Great Again”, exporting a more successful Polish model initially tested by Viktor Orbán.

The Hungarian attempts failed, but the plan stayed alive in Poland: in just two years, Visegrád 24 has grown into one of the largest Central Eastern European information operations in English – despite its total anonymity, opaque funding structure, having no website, lack of original content and with dubious links to the Polish government.
Suranis

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Suranis »

It's being honest. I wasn't in the classroom when it was recorded.

*edit* Also, despite what that said, they seem to have a website. Or at least the "Visagrad group" does.

https://www.visegradgroup.eu/about
Hic sunt dracones
busterbunker

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by busterbunker »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visegr%C3%A1d_Group\

That's ancient history.

Visegrád 24 is a Polish South African Trump Voter or something. Falsehoods Unchallenged Only Fester and Grow. I read that somewhere. Nothing personal, just check your sources, just saying.
Suranis

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Suranis »

https://apnews.com/article/israel-pales ... d6c86ff11a
Israel orders the evacuation of 1.1 million people from northern part of Gaza, the UN says

By JOSEPH KRAUSS and WAFAA SHURAFA

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel’s military on Friday directed the evacuation of northern Gaza, a region that is home to 1.1 million people — about half of the territory’s population — within 24 hours, a U.N. spokesman said.

This could signal an impending ground offensive, though the Israeli military has not yet confirmed such an appeal. On Thursday it said that while it was preparing, a decision has not yet been made.

The order, delivered to the U.N., comes as Israel presses an offensive against Hamas militants. U.N. spokesman Stéphane Dujarric called the order “impossible” without “devastating humanitarian consequences.”
In response;

https://vxtwitter.com/Faytuks/status/17 ... 7509735626
Faytuks News Δ (@Faytuks)
Hamas' ministry of interior calls on people in northern Gaza to stay in their homes following an Israeli evacuation order - Al Mayadeen
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by RTH10260 »

The nothern part of Gaza is where the "refugee camps" are located out of which Hamas operated. Israel will fine comb the area and clean out any remaining fighters. At the same time they will destroy the tunnel systems that Hamas built over the years to store their weaponry and explosives out of sight of observers. The tunnel system was also the staging area for Hamas before they broke into Israel. Hamas used also basements with wide windows to launch drones without revealing their position. Israel will locate any factories and artisan workshops that were building the DIY military hardware.
Volkonski
Verified:

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Volkonski »

Where are they going to put 1.1 million evacuees?
Qasim Rashid, Esq.
@QasimRashid@mastodon.social
The Israeli army has issued an order for the immediate relocation of 1.1M Palestinians from northern Gaza to the south in 24 hours. The UN has categorically condemned this order.

Forcing 1.1M people, including 550K kids, to evacuate in 24 hours or be bombed to death is even more cruel considering THERE’S NOWHERE TO EVACUATE TO.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:17 am Where are they going to put 1.1 million evacuees?
I don't think the Zionists care as long as they go away. "Never again" only refers to the Jews, it seems.

All parties involved in this never-ending dispute have unclean hands to a degree (including the USA).
Suranis

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Suranis »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:17 am Where are they going to put 1.1 million evacuees?
That's the problem. The Isrealis have designated "evacuation zones" but they wont have time to set anything up in 24 hours, even if they wanted to. Which they probably don't.

But Hamas forcing Palestinians to stay put, so Palestinians can be slaughtered, so that Hamas can harvest lots of tears for their fundraising and propaganda is not the answer either. And you know damn well they are guys with AKs threatening people who even think of fleeing right now.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by RTH10260 »

My take on recent events as gleaned from various news feeds (sorry, no links for Rikker).

Among the Israeli bomb targets were the tunnels that supply goods to Gaza from Egypt (outside of thhe regular crossing point). It is unclear how much damage was inflicted, but some tunnels collapsed. After that it was observed that suddenly trucks were making crossborder deliveries. Next the airforce bombarded warehouses set back from the border, where the tunnels were expected to end. The navy destroyed all warehouses in the harbour. One Lebanese cargo ship in the harbour that was transporting Hisbolla supplies was set on fire. One higher ranking local Hamas guy fleeing the harbour ended up in a warehouse bombing and will do no future harm. The Gaza electricity generator works have run out of fuel, nights will be dark, days will be hot, the beer no longer cold.
Volkonski
Verified:

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Foggy »

Yanno, I try hard to be an optimist. I try hard to believe in homo sapiens and I usually do a passable job.

But then something like this happens, and it's harder than ever to focus on good news about the human race.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Ben-Prime »

Disclaimer: I don't intend to convince anyone. I just read this piece and it's about where I stand on things, as a very secularized and politically 'niche' American Jew who has family hunkering down in Israel right now, including a cousin-in-law who is active-duty IDF.

(NYT editorial piece gifted with my monthly quota, entitled "I’m Going to War for Israel. Palestinians Are Not My Enemy.")
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RVInit

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by RTH10260 »

:like:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by bill_g »

A NYT article dated Oct 13 summarizing how Hamas overcame Israeli defenses. It's on an archive site that doesn't require a NYT subscription.

https://archive.ph/Y62An
RTH10260

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by RTH10260 »

bill_g wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:10 pm A NYT article dated Oct 13 summarizing how Hamas overcame Israeli defenses. It's on an archive site that doesn't require a NYT subscription.

https://archive.ph/Y62An
from the article: On motorcycles and in pickup trucks, the assailants surged into Israel, overwhelming at least eight military bases

From other soutces these were forward posts only manned with the current shift. The shift would be replenished from the big base camp further behind the lines. This is the reason why so many "bases" got overrun in the surprise attack. Though i do wonder about the lax security procedures letting doors open. I also wonder why they did not have a panic alarm button to notify the base camp without having to make a phone call. I expect years of appearent truce generates blindspots.
Suranis

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Suranis »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:49 pm I expect years of appearent truce generates blindspots.
Ya, there were places along the lines or Trenches in World War 1 where there was hardly any action at all, and farmers had actually plouged over the trenches to get some farming going. When the Allies side realised this they started moving fresh British troops in to mass for an attack though this area, but the Soldiers started stirring things up and gave the game away. The Germans rushed troops into the area and fortified it again, resulting in the usual stalemate.

And in WW2 the Area of the Ardennes was called "the Phony front" for many months before the Battle of the Bulge, as all the fighting was further south. The Troops on the Allied side actually had targets placed above their lines so the Germans would know where to shoot their stuff so they wouldn't be endangering anyone. Seriously.
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by neonzx »

busterbunker

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by busterbunker »

Could be just Another Stabbing but it sounds like the war has now shed blood on our own soil.
https://apnews.com/article/muslim-boy-k ... 6564d9369e

Man killed Muslim boy and wounded woman in hate crime motivated by Israeli-Hamas war, police say

BY SOPHIA TAREEN
Updated 5:13 PM PDT, October 15, 2023

CHICAGO (AP) — A 71-year-old Illinois man accused of fatally stabbing a 6-year-old boy and seriously wounding a 32-year-old woman was charged with a hate crime Sunday. Police allege he singled out the victims because of their Islamic faith and as a response to the war between Israel and Hamas.

In recent days, police in U.S. cities and federal authorities have been on high alert for violence driven by antisemitic or Islamophobic sentiments. Jewish and Muslim groups have reported an increase of hateful and threatening rhetoric on social media. In the Chicago case, officers found the woman and boy late Saturday morning at a home in an unincorporated area of Plainfield Township, southwest of the city, the Will County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement on social media.

The boy was pronounced dead at a hospital. The woman had multiple stab wounds and was expected to survive, according to the statement. An autopsy on the child showed he had been stabbed dozens of times.

“Detectives were able to determine that both victims in this brutal attack were targeted by the suspect due to them being Muslim and the on-going Middle Eastern conflict involving Hamas and the Israelis,” the sheriff’s statement said.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Flatpoint High »

May their memories be a blessing.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by raison de arizona »

That’s horrifying, all in the name of religion.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by bill_g »

Republican Jesus
Attachments
Republican Jesus.jpg
Republican Jesus.jpg (45.66 KiB) Viewed 1395 times

Return to “Foreign Countries and Culture”