Trump Trial and 2024 Election Calendar

Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Many of you may recall I created a Google Calendar to track all the Birther litigation and important dates during the Birther days. It occurred to me a calendar with all the important Trump trial and hearing dates might prove useful. I plan to include the 2024 election dates like debates and primary elections. I have only begun to start populating it this afternoon so feel free to add suggestions in this topic. If anyone wants to volunteer to be an editor then PM me and I can get you set up. Oh yeah, here is the link:

Trump Trial and 2024 election calendar
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:notworthy:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I just saw this tweet -

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Yeah, of course I have no problem with another calendar, even though I am going to have one of my own on Fogbow. It's not actually developed yet, but mañana. I plan to generously steal from yours, but my calendar will be organized on a state-by-state basis, while yours is organized by his obligatory court dates.

I hope you are planning (or already have decided) to include the dates of key primaries and caucuses. Those will be important when the primary season hits.

Then anyone can look at both calendars and get a complete picture of the future court proceedings.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Just an FYI - I did a Google query and found a couple of articles from today with dates for Trump's court appearances and dates for primaries. From CNN - Trump’s trial calendar vs. the US political calendar, and, from ABC - As court dates mount, here's a look at Trump's legal and political calendar.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

OMG, sometimes I almost forget how much you contribute here. If anyone here sees any of your posts, they pay attention. If they don't, they lose out.

Thank you for what you do, MN-Skeptic. ❤️
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Why start from scratch if someone else has already done the work?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Luckily, my tables will only need two columns: Date and Event (or I could be pretentious and call it Proceeding). Luckily, the Florida case won't be terribly active.

On the other hand, Trump has already vowed to appeal the setting of the trial date in D.C., and he'll be trying to stall all the cases with appeals. Maybe even multiple appeals.

I can't have a separate table for the appeal proceedings. I'll have to work out some sorta marker so y'all know the event is in the appeals court, and not in the trial court.

I'm gonna do my best on this thing, but y'all know that Trump is gonna spend from now until the election tryin' to mess me up.

We'll just have to see who wins, pilgrim. :boxing:
With professional summaries of each case, of course, like "Florida: Donald John Trump, who is a thief, stole secret documents belonging to the government of the United States. They did eventually get back some of the documents he stole." :biggrin:
Tiredretiredlawyer

I look forward to the professional summaries!!!! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:07 pm Just an FYI - I did a Google query and found a couple of articles from today with dates for Trump's court appearances and dates for primaries. From CNN - Trump’s trial calendar vs. the US political calendar, and, from ABC - As court dates mount, here's a look at Trump's legal and political calendar.
Yes, I have used those links and others to start building the calendar. I will have some time later in the week to flesh it out.

Google Calendar has some pros and cons:

Pros:
  • It is easy to build and add events
  • Users can add reminders
  • It is easy to search for exact locations, for example the Pettyman Court House address in DC pops right up by typing "Pettyman"
  • Google is a stable and reliable site
  • It can be maintained collaboratively
  • I can add attachments, links, and details as we go along
  • Other calendars may or may not be updated
  • Google Calendars can be embedded in other web sites
Cons:
  • The information is available elsewhere
  • It may duplicate what others like Foggy are doing
  • You cannot arrange the events by case, etc. You can use Google search to accomplish this.
  • It is a bit of work for me
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

In that case, I have a withdrawal. Anything I do will be duplicative and less rich in features. I didn't read closely enough, so I didn't understand what RC was doing, but his is gonna be bigger than mine :oopsy: even if I put a lot of work into it.

So, in the spirit of the fabulous Rosanna Roseannadanna: Never mind.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

RC and I are working on a link to the Calendar (I also added a link to his blog).
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

Excellent write-up of the trial date hearing:

https://www.lawfaremedia.org/article/tr ... er-tuesday

Lotsa color as well as substance. Enjoy! :popcorn:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Is appealing a trial date even a real thing?
Tiredretiredlawyer

Thanks, NewMexGirl!
realist

Post by realist »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:11 am Is appealing a trial date even a real thing?
It's not appealable.

Trump is as usual just blowing smoke.

His attorneys know better, but perhaps they are willing to be sanctioned for filing a frivolous appeal. :shrug:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I said the same thing to ol' Wifehorn this morning. Given that he is going to try to maximize the confusion and delay, his lawyers might file frivolous appeals and be willing to risk sanctions.

I think I'm going to adopt a serious daily affirmation: You're in uncharted waters without a paddle, pilgrim. Godonlyknowswhat the hell is gonna happen today, much less months further down the road.

:shrug:
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I believe the Google Calendar is fully populated with everything I can find from multiple sources. As events approach I will add exact times and details like streaming links. Of course I will also add new hearing dates as they are scheduled.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Thanks!!! We appreciate you.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”