Traitor Tommy Tuberville (R-AL), white nationalist asshat

These people suck. They are bad people.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Cool!

But I don't get how it happened? Was TT not in the room, or did he just let it go?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Well done Senator Schumer!
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

No. These are not the promotions Tommy has on hold. These are lower promotions. Nothing re Tommy's holds has changed.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Probably wanted to sneak them through before Tubman could block them.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I don't understand how this worked: I thought the whole point of Coach TT's performance was that it denied unanimous consent? What exactly am I missing here about this gambit?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Fro what I can gather, Shcumer walked out into a nearly empty chamber and said "Hey can everyone here give me unanimous consent?"

*voice in the back* "Yep"

"Lovely. Thanks everyone."

That's why in REAL filibusters, the person doing the block had to stay in the chamber to say "I OBJECT!!!" in case something like that happens. But these days he can frig off to the arms of whatever prostitute Vladimir Putin has paid for him/her that night.
Hic sunt dracones
much ado

Post by much ado »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:02 pm No. These are not the promotions Tommy has on hold. These are lower promotions. Nothing re Tommy's holds has changed.
Well, Tuberville started his hold in March. From the list of confirmations in the Congression Record for September 30, there are notations like this:
PN401 ARMY nomination of Robert M.
McTighe, which was received by the Senate and appeared in the Congressional Record of March 14, 2023.
PN402 ARMY nomination of Edward B. Sauter, which was received by the Senate and appeared in the Congressional Record of March 14, 2023.
PN403 ARMY nomination of Joan E. Sommers, which was received by the Senate and appeared in the Congressional Record of March 14, 2023.
PN508 ARMY nomination of Abraham N. Osborn, which was received by the Senate
and appeared in the Congressional Record of April 17, 2023.
PN509 ARMY nomination of Amanda E. Harrington, which was received by the Sen- ate and appeared in the Congressional Record of April 17, 2023.
These nominations were published in the Congressional Record in March and April, but not confirmed until September 30th. They were on hold because of Tuberville. There may be others still on hold. I guess we will find out.
much ado

Post by much ado »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:02 pm No. These are not the promotions Tommy has on hold. These are lower promotions. Nothing re Tommy's holds has changed.
Yes, there are still senior military nominations on hold. Sources say more than 300.

Here is a query of Senate military nominations that are still pending:
https://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legis ... nonciv.htm

The query returns 138 results (at this time), but many of the nominations refer to more than one person.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Why can't he do Tuberville's list the same way?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I saw the tweet. I was going to post it, but then I decided it wasn't worth it, it just wasn't a big deal. Now I have to go dig it out again I suppose. Fucking tool Tuberville.
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: BREAKING: Tommy Tuberville filed a police report today with the Capitol Police against the former CIA Director because of a Mean Tweet about him.
Here it is. Pansy assed military blocking traitor.
► Show Spoiler
Gen Michael Hayden @GenMhayden wrote: How about the human race?
Nathalie Jacoby @nathaliejacoby1 wrote: Should Tommy Tuberville be removed from his committee?

Yes or No?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Could have just said, "I'm a pansy assed bitch," and saved a lot of words.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Coach Tommy Tuberville? :eek:

What an entitled little pansy.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:52 am
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:08 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:27 pm

Says the guy who never served ...
Somehow, I suspect that everything is like a football team he coached to this guy. He's got one gear.
Coached at the college level. I bet he would not have lasted long in the NFL. The professional NFL would be (with a stretch) comparable to the professional US armed forces. He would have at best been a boy scout :twisted:

In the NFL, all the teams pay the players.

Also, Tommy, the military is in fact an equal opportunity employer and your football teams sure as should have been, if they were following the stated policies of the Universities they were teams of.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/GenMhayden/status/1 ... 56203?s=20
Gen Michael Hayden @GenMhayden wrote: I was surprised to wake up this morning and discover that many MAGAnuts had lost their minds over my suggestion that “Coach” Tuberville not be considered a member of the human race. I stand by that view. I’m wishing you all a nice day even the intransigent Tommy Tuberville.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

?? He couldn't have just flagged it and reported it to Twitter X as inappropriate? Oh wait...
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Video
Jason Cooper 🇺🇦@JasonCooper22
Old people fall all the time. Here's 60 year old Tommy Tuberville falling down some stairs in 2014 before losing to UVA in... wait for it... the Military Bowl.
raison de arizona

Projection.

“Those who stand for nothing fall for everything.” -Alexander Hamilton
raison de arizona

Traitor Tommy Tuberville should be brought up on charges. Rand Paul too, also, for blocking the Ambassador to Israel and Iron Dome missile defense funding. Assholes.
Maddow Blog @MaddowBlog wrote: "Pentagon officials who briefed senators Tuesday on the Israel crisis emphasized nine senior military positions in the command responsible for the Middle East that are facing disruptions due to Tuberville’s holds..."
politico.com wrote: Democrats step up pressure campaign to confirm nominees amid Israel crisis
The war in the Middle East means top military and diplomatic posts must be filled now, senators say.
raison de arizona

Tuberville's fall remix, make sure you turn up the sound.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Ha! Good choice of tunes. Keep Tommy away from chewing gum. Next up Coach successfully drinks from a water bottle with ONE hand somehow.
raison de arizona

:fuckyou:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

First ever = made up. :sick:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Am I evil in thinking that an appropriate solution to the Tommy Turd-devil problem might be to send a small team to kidnap him, lock him up somewhere, get all the stuff he is blocking through, then set him free at the side of a road somewhere, preferably near a military camp so he beg a ride home?

But, seriously, what f***ed up system allows one turd to block a pipe? Is this an extension of that fuckwittery that says a single senator can filibuster just by saying "I filibuster"? Or is that not A Thing now?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

A sitting senator seems to have more power than the President.
Hic sunt dracones
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:35 am Am I evil in thinking that an appropriate solution to the Tommy Turd-devil problem might be to send a small team to kidnap him, lock him up somewhere, get all the stuff he is blocking through, then set him free at the side of a road somewhere, preferably near a military camp so he beg a ride home?

But, seriously, what f***ed up system allows one turd to block a pipe? Is this an extension of that fuckwittery that says a single senator can filibuster just by saying "I filibuster"? Or is that not A Thing now?
While a single person gets the attention, his colleagues could end it any time they wanted.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”