Traitor Tommy Tuberville (R-AL), white nationalist asshat

These people suck. They are bad people.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:59 pm I want to know what they think will happen when a hurricane bears down on an IVF clinic in Mobile. Is there an IVF clinic in Mobile? If there is, they'd best move while they can.
Yep. there's an IVF place in Mobile. It is, in fact, the clinic where the original case took place. I asked my partner the other day what happens when a hurricane hits (or tornado in the Birmingham area) and power goes out.

A senator on the Health Committee today proposed legislation saying that an embryo isn't "viable" until it's implanted in a uterus. The whole "extra-uterine child" thing is so incredibly stupid...a tubal pregnancy is "extra-uterine" - would that have been outlawed or subject to "wrongful death of a minor"?
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He didn't say the quiet part out loud. He meant, "We need more white kids."
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:02 pm Time to make a 60 second commercial using the old adage about walking past a fertility clinic on fire, hearing a child cry, rushing in and having to decide whether to carry out the one child or 100 petri dishes.
The Child. Rising temperatures from carrying them out of refrigeration will kill the Embryos anyway.

If you want to create stupid ethical dilemmas, try one that's hard.
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Geez, I didn’t even think about tubal pregnancies. Are women going to have to bring hospital records showing that their tubal pregnancy was going to kill them, because a tubal pregnancy will kill you.

And if they do present hospital records, will the court accept them? They didn’t listen to the doctors on that Texas woman’s case.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:41 pm
Biden is not walking sprightly enough so he is too old, and yet.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tommy ... 66577&ei=9
Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL) attacked the city of New York for supposedly being crime-ridden on Tuesday, only to receive a brutal fact check from a reporter in his home state.

In a post on his Twitter account, Tuberville mocked President Joe Biden for traveling to New York this week to appear on Seth Meyers' show on NBC.

"Hope Joe Biden enjoyed going out for ice cream in NYC while the rest of the city is afraid of crime and migrants," wrote the Alabama senior senator.

Want more breaking political news? Click for the latest headlines at Raw Story.

However, AL.com's Kyle Whitmire was quick to inform Tuberville that their home state was far more dangerous in terms of the likelihood of being murdered than New York City.

"NYC’s homicide rate is 4.8 per 100k," he wrote. "Alabama’s homicide rate is 15.9 per 100k — more than three times that of NYC."
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The tweet.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
much ado

Post by much ado »

Another example of Republicans believing their own false propaganda.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:

I have a cousin who was horrified that I took my granddaughter to NYC last summer. She has a granddaughter who is seriously into singing, who goes to NYC for classes several times a year. They never leave the room to do anything but take the classes. :crazy:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

My sister-in-law and niece are going to New York City next week where my niece will be auditioning at a grad school (Julliard). But my sister got tickets for Carnegie Hall while they're there because she wasn't going to miss that opportunity. Yay, sister-in-law!

My sister-in-law's sister-in-law lives in a St. Paul suburb and won't shop at the Mall of America for fear of crime. Good grief. It's extremely safe. Yes, sometimes there's crime there that hits the news, but, considering the size, it's a lot safer than most cities.

FoxNews does a great job at needlessly scaring people.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I was discussing the TT tweet with a ninny, using the AL rate being higher than NY. He asked well, yeah but what about outside of Birmingham and Mobile!!!! Like, the rural (white) areas. So I looked up my town, and lo and behold, it's higher than the AL average (our town is about 70k I think), not anywhere close to Mobile or bham. So then his brillian comeback? "OK Then Letting Millions of Undocumented Ppl Stream Across Our Borders Is OK"

No answer to my facts so just change the subject. LOL What a maroon./bugsbunny
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

Right Wing Watch @RightWingWatch wrote: Sen. Tommy Tuberville says we must secure the border so that we can get God back in government: "You can't do that when you have a million people every couple of months coming to this country that know nothing about God."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Where the hell does he think they are coming from?

I think he just talks to hear himself talk. He certainly doesn't seem to think before he opens his mouth.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

How insulting! My Latina friends are very religious. Maybe a bit too much for my personal taste, (they want to take me to church and I don't wanna) but it's their choice, not mine and I respect them for it.

ImageImageImage x4
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:37 pm How insulting! My Latina friends are very religious. Maybe a bit too much for my personal taste, (they want to take me to church and I don't wanna) but it's their choice, not mine and I respect them for it.
Silly bunny, they're not REAL Christians, they be that devilish Popish Roman Catholic type..... Not good upstanding evangelical WASP's. I mean they have smells and bells and men in frocks and stuff in the church ..... (Says someone brought up in high church Episcopal/Anglican).... :bag:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Mr brolin wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:13 am

Silly bunny, they're not REAL Christians, they be that devilish Popish Roman Catholic type..... Not good upstanding evangelical WASP's. I mean they have smells and bells and men in frocks and stuff in the church ..... (Says someone brought up in high church Episcopal/Anglican).... :bag:
So Catholic Lite then....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:37 pm
Mr brolin wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:13 am

So Catholic Lite then....
All the pomp, all the circumstance, all the glitz, all the gaudiness, none of the guilt.....
raison de arizona

Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: GOP Sen. Tuberville calls climate change a “hoax” and says the Social Security checks that Americans get don’t belong to them: The money is gone
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Fuck that mofo.

ImageImageImage x4
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I hope his house is close enough to the water (he lives by the beach in FL) gets filled up with water from the Gulf. Climate hoax that, tubs.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

What social security money is gone? You mean to say Republicans embezzled money that was deducted from workers salary? :think:

You mean to say that Republican administrations cannot be trusted to correctly handle entrusted funds?

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
much ado

Post by much ado »

I think Tuberville may be referring to the fact the the federal government has borrowed from the social security trust fund. The government is required to pay back the loan with interest.

I don't know the details...

Yes, the federal government borrows Social Security funds
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

much ado wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:48 pm I think Tuberville may be referring to the fact the the federal government has borrowed from the social security trust fund. The government is required to pay back the loan with interest.

I don't know the details...

Yes, the federal government borrows Social Security funds
Yes, the SS Administration buys Treasury Bonds.

One would think that they are a safe investment, but the R's seem to be intent on ruining the credit worthiness of the US Government by constantly threatening to shut down the government and default on its debts.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Here is the official information about Social Security treasury bonds.
Trust funds and types of investments

The Old-Age and Survivors Insurance Trust Fund and the Disability Insurance Trust Fund comprise the Social Security trust funds. Both funds are managed by the Department of the Treasury through their Bureau of the Fiscal Service. Since the beginning of the Social Security program, all securities held by the trust funds have been issued by the Federal Government. There are two general types of such securities:
  • Special issues—available only to the trust funds
  • Public issues—marketable Treasury bonds available to the public.
The trust funds now hold only special issues, but they have held public issues in the past.
The Old-Age and Survivors Insurance Trust Fund is the fund that pays retirement benefits. Further details about how this is done are provided in the source page...

Special Issue Securities
raison de arizona

But What Would Russia Do??? /Tuberville
Jay in Kyiv @JayinKyiv wrote: Fresh from his 9 month battle trying to shut down the US military for Putin, Senator Tuberville tells Pentagon head Lloyd Austin that the Russians should be deciding who gets to be in NATO.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH THE @GOP ??

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”