Ryan Woods aka "Lady MAGA", right wing drag performer.

These people suck. They are bad people.
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

Good people, might I direct your attention to one of the most self-hating, self-loathing, pitiful excuses for humanity. One Ryan Woods, aka "Lady MAGA". An Eagle Scout, ex-Mornon, gay man who reinvented himself as a far right-wing drag performer, only a couple years before the far-right decided that drag performers were demonic and evil, And has been trying to stay buddy-buddy with the people who want him closeted at best, unalive at worse.

The Loneliest Drag Queen in America
"A blue sash proclaimed the name of Ryan Woods’ drag persona in sparkly letters: “LADY MAGA USA.” The floor-length ensemble, he’d explain, was an homage to Abigail Adams, Marie Antoinette and Scarlett O’Hara. The dress was festooned with yellow ribbons, honoring the “political prisoners” of Jan. 6. What was Lady MAGA’s mission? “To publicly show that anyone can be a patriot — and to trigger the radical left.”

Yet at CPAC, Lady MAGA’s arrival triggered Woods’ fellow travelers on the right. Matt Walsh, perhaps the loudest anti-trans voice in the conservative movement, tweeted a photo of the drag queen, writing: “Absolute embarrassment. You are not conservative if you are fighting to conserve perversion.” A “groyper” follower of the white-nationlist America First leader Nick Fuentes later accosted Lady MAGA at dinner as a “f-ggot.”
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

He's now calling himself a "costume artist", trying to pretend that if he doesn't say "drag", his buddies will like him again.

Right-Wing Drag Queen Lady MAGA USA Now a 'Costume Artist'
"On Sunday, Woods announced that he no longer wanted to be called a drag queen when performing as Lady Maga. Instead, he said, he wanted to be called a “costume artist.”

On Twitter, the right-wing fixture outlined the reason for the characterization change.

“I now prefer to call myself a costume artist—not a drag queen,” he wrote. “The drag world was a way I could use my talents, but they destroyed their credibility with predatory filth.”
I have some news for you. The people who are claiming drag performers and trans women are demonic predators and "groomers"?

They say the same thing about you as a gay man. Yes, they hate you too.
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

Not surprisingly, on twitter he's fully embraced the "gays against groomers" right wing slur.

https://twitter.com/LadyMagaUSA

Who is "gays against groomers" you ask? Well, they seem to be an astro-turf group founded to spread the lies about drag performers and trans women being "groomers" and "pedophiles", and is violently anti-LBGTQ+, even though they claim they can't be such because they're supposedly a group of "concerned" right wing gays and lesbians.

Grifter Gays: How conspiracy theorists and right-wing operatives created Gays Against Groomers
"In January, the Anti-Defamation League released a report naming Gays Against Groomers, a group that “peddles dangerous and misleading narratives about the LGBTQ+ community,” among notable amplifiers of anti-LGBTQ rhetoric online. GAG reacted to the report as the group has consistently done whenever it has been called out for targeting LGBTQ rights and inclusion — by claiming that as a “coalition of gay people” it and its members are incapable of spreading anti-LGBTQ propaganda.

In reality, before the group’s founder Jaimee Michell rode the recent surge in anti-LGBTQ rhetoric to guest spots on Fox News and right-wing podcasts, she and her fellow GAG chair David Leatherwood were pro-Trump operatives employed by right-wing communications firms representing other conservative figures who have attempted to capitalize off of the anti-LGBTQ fervor of the last two years.

This recent employment history underscores the far-right pedigree of both Michell and Leatherwood — a record that includes promotion of the QAnon conspiracy theory, intimate involvement with the efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election, and emphatic support for the violent actions of the January 6 insurrectionists."
There are some reports that the Liberty Foundation is bankrolling them, and they have ties to the "moms for liberty" astro-turf group, along with ties to white nationalists.

Basically what GAG (appropriate name) is part of, is an attempt to "cut the TQ from LGB", claiming they "speak for a majority of the gay community" who are stridently anti-transgender (in which they include Non-Binaries and anyone else not cisgender). You see an awful lot of right wingers with supposed gay friends and/or family members repeat their claims that the "LGB community doesn't want trans people in it". Which seems to be classic divide and conquer.

Here's the thing. The right, alt-right, and far-right HATE anyone who's not cisgender, cishet, male, white and their particular perversion of "evangelical". And much of their hatred is directed towards those they deem as traitors to the male gender. They don't hate much on lesbians and bisexual women, while both trans men and drag kings are pretty much patted on the head and dismissed as "aren't you cute".

But gay and bisexual men? They loath. Trans women and drag queens? How DARE they lower themselves to acting, dressing, and "pretending" to be female!! To their patriarchal mindset, these people are traitors to maleness, and should be exterminated and destroyed if possible.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Dogs...fleas...blah, blah, blah...
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

Dear, how can I explain this again:

THEY DON'T LIKE YOU!!! Being LGBTQ+ AND a MAGA GOP member is pretty much like being a Jew for Hitler.

Despite anti-LGBTQ+ bills, queer Republicans are standing by their party
"Lady Maga USA still has a blonde wig, heels and a beauty pageant sash. She still goes to Republican rallies and meetings in gowns.

She just doesn’t call herself a drag queen anymore. A lot has changed in three years.

“The perception, especially among conservatives, of drag queens was getting more and more negative, and I wanted to differentiate myself,” said Lady Maga, a conservative Republican whose name outside performance is Ryan Woods. "
You can call yourself whatever you want. Your MAGA friends will still see you as a gay male drag performer.

As for you and your fellow MAGA queers parroting the same lies and myths about transgender people?

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

shannon wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:20 pm You can call yourself whatever you want. Your MAGA friends will still see you as a gay male drag performer.

As for you and your fellow MAGA queers parroting the same lies and myths about transgender people?
The eternal hope is that being white men will be enough.

It is not completely irrational. The history of civil rights is filled with groups who figured out how to transition from 'the other' to 'us' by focusing on commonality and mutual hatred of someone else to kick down.

And the LGBT community has always been pretty vicious about this, there are still a lot of gay/lesbian people who believe their movement is being held back by bi and trans people and thus treat them as the enemy.
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

neeneko wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:43 pm And the LGBT community has always been pretty vicious about this, there are still a lot of gay/lesbian people who believe their movement is being held back by bi and trans people and thus treat them as the enemy.
Yep. And the "No TQ, only LG (and maybe B if we're feeling charitable)" crowd are recycling the exact same talking points that were used against gays and lesbians 20-40 years ago.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

shannon wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:52 pm Yep. And the "No TQ, only LG (and maybe B if we're feeling charitable)" crowd are recycling the exact same talking points that were used against gays and lesbians 20-40 years ago.
In many ways they never really disagreed with the rhetoric, only who it was aimed at. They always felt their place was in the dominant group, not upsetting the order by treating marginalized people better. Gay marriage was such a double edged sword, both a victory and a milestone that so many went 'we have what we want, now it stops'.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Shannon, did you see the madness of Lady MAGA with Nick Fuentes? It's still discussed a lot within the America First and A-Log (people who can't stand Nick & AF) communities. Nick is exactly the closeted idiot you'd expect. These people are unbalanced.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

neeneko wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:10 pm n many ways they never really disagreed with the rhetoric, only who it was aimed at. They always felt their place was in the dominant group, not upsetting the order by treating marginalized people better. Gay marriage was such a double edged sword, both a victory and a milestone that so many went 'we have what we want, now it stops'.
Pretty much. You still see right wing gay men (and some lesbians) claiming that same-sex marriage should never have been allowed, as it wasn't something THEY wanted.

Not to mention the occasional transgender woman (like Caitlyn Jenner) who also parrot the same talking points. Somehow HER transition is legitimate, but nobody elses. Caitlyn Jenner (along with some other transgender women) still seems to believe they have right wing white male privilege. And, there's some transgender men (like Buck Angel) who seem to believe they now have that white male privilege as well.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Had she played her Lady MAGA persona intelligently, she could have had one helluva show. I mean laugh till it hurts funny. All she needed was a good writer and an IQ higher than a sand flea, which would still put her above the average MAGAt.

I mean, WTAF was she thinking if she thought trumpanzees would enjoy her act. I think she'll eventually Omarosa.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”