Apple

tek

Apple

Post by tek »

They decided it was to their advantage to keep iMessage because it would force families to buy iPhones when kids got a phone.
The raging capitalist's version of "competition"
qbawl

Apple

Post by qbawl »

Apparently Apple will be implementing RCS this fall. RCS is the replacement for SMS which is how iMessage implements interoperability when dealing with Android phones. RCS. is an industry (carrier) standard that does NOT support end to end encryption. Google however has an implementation of RCS which does support E2E and that is what most but not all Android phones use. Rumor says Apple will utilize the Google implementation of RCS though there is some talk of Apple implementing its own version (smart money is on using Google). This will mitigate all the valid criticism of Apples interoperability issue. However the bubbles will still be green!
Rolodex

Apple

Post by Rolodex »

tek wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:42 am
They decided it was to their advantage to keep iMessage because it would force families to buy iPhones when kids got a phone.
The raging capitalist's version of "competition"
Yeah I had a discussion with my applespouse who insists "well Apple sells more because it's a better product. It's how capitalism works!"
The bubbles will still be green.
Yes so Apple users will know they're texting to a superior phone (LOL)
I'm actually pretty sure that droid is the most common phone world-wide. The US is an outlier with iPhones.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Apple

Post by raison de arizona »

IMG_7627.png
IMG_7627.png (243.81 KiB) Viewed 122 times
https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... by-country
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
qbawl

Apple

Post by qbawl »

Worldwide the split is roughly 70% to 30% Android. In the US the split is roughly 60% to 40% iOS.
Which is why I find the EU's market actions hard to understand re. Apple.

Return to “Computers and Internet”