Bragg Manhattan DA charges tfg? Hush money. tfg “INDICATED!”

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New Turtle wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:50 pm They know the witness list, just not the order they are gonna be called. They are supposed to be ready for all of them at the start of the trial
That's how I understood it as well. Yet on Fox and friends this morning, they were reporting it as not knowing what witnesses were to be called. Also on F&F, the always vile Pete Hegseth pronounced the judge's name as merkahn, hard emphasis on the K. You would think a producer would be in his earpiece correcting him and apologize, but no...
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Kendra wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:23 am Also on F&F, the always vile Pete Hegseth pronounced the judge's name as merkahn, hard emphasis on the K. You would think a producer would be in his earpiece correcting him and apologize, but no...
Ignorance is often excusable, but that is just racist lib-baiting.

Given the amount of Spanish spoken in North America, it is amazing and disappointing how poorly many pronounce Spanish names. Out of curiosity I googled "Juan Merchan pronunciation" and it took me to a website called pronouncenames.com

It claims Merchan is pronounced (its notation): m ER - ch un

It's too much faff to transcribe that mess to IPA notation, maybe someone else will do it.

Ok, I only know a little Spanish (Castilian) Spanish, but that is baaaad! The "e" is far more fronted than their vocalization, and the "-an" is definitely not the "uh" or schwa that they offer. At least the stress is on the correct syllable, but that's it.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ahem. I would just like to mention that my name is not pronounced O-Shaq-Hennessy.

Hic sunt dracones
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Mer-chan

Mer-khan

Mer-kan

Mer-con

Con, get it?
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

438082351_8600834073264605_2371184960103180672_n.jpg
438082351_8600834073264605_2371184960103180672_n.jpg (67.14 KiB) Viewed 725 times

I don't know if this is actually true but it sure is funny if it is.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

jack healy
@jackhealyNYT

Juror 2 gets their news from Truth Social, only person on the panel to do so, reports @nytimes
Ben Kochman
@benkochman

This is highly misleading.

Here is EXACTLY what juror No. 2 said.

Because he's an investment banker, "I read basically everything," he said.

"I am on Twitter. I follow TruthSocial posts from Trump on Twitter. I do follow Michael Cohen, Mueller She Wrote, and some more."
For those who can't see the embedded graphic in this tweet, it is showing a graphic of where the jurors in the Trump trial get their news. You can see the original graphic in this New York Times article - Where Jurors in Trump Hush-Money Trial Say They Get Their News (Gift link)
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Oh good lord... :roll:

Michael Avenatti says he’s talking to Trump’s legal team — and would testify for the ex-prez
Disgraced Stormy Daniels’ attorney Michael Avenatti has been in contact with former President Trump’s legal defense team and is ready and willing to testify against his former client, he told The Post in an interview from jail.

“The defense has contacted me,” Avenatti told The Post in a phone call from Terminal Island, a minimum-security federal prison in Los Angeles where he is currently serving a 19-year sentence for extortion, tax evasion, fraud, embezzlement and other federal crimes.

“I’d be more than happy to testify, I don’t know that I will be called to testify, but I have been in touch with Trump’s defense for the better part of year,” Avenatti said.

The ex-litigator refused to offer any details about the specifics of his conversations with Team Trump.

A person close to the former president confirmed the ongoing discussions.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

And the guy died.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I happened to catch that live on CNN yesterday. Thankfully, they fairly quickly moved the camera shot.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:11 pm I happened to catch that live on CNN yesterday. Thankfully, they fairly quickly moved the camera shot.
I was watching that too. Laura sure was a cool cucumber giving as a play by play.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... courthouse
Man dies after setting himself on fire outside Trump trial courthouse

A man has died after setting himself on fire outside the New York courthouse where Donald Trump’s hush-money trial is taking place.

The New York City police department said on Saturday the man had been declared dead by staff at an area hospital.

Officials had said earlier the man, who was in his late 30s, was in critical condition.

The New York police department said the man, who they identified as Max Azzarello of St Augustine, Florida, did not appear to be targeting Trump or others involved in the trial.

Witnesses said the man pulled pamphlets out of a backpack and threw them in the air before he doused himself with a liquid and set himself on fire on Friday. One of those pamphlets included references to “evil billionaires” but portions that were visible to a Reuters witness did not mention Trump.

“Right now we are labelling him as sort of a conspiracy theorist, and we are going from there,” Tarik Sheppard, a deputy commissioner with the police department, said at a news conference.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Having a sister who badly burned her legs in 1967 when she was 12-years old, I remember how awful and painful it was for her. It wasn't only the initial trauma to her legs, it was the entire healing process. Just for me, I would not want to survive what that man did the other day.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I'm always a bit confused about saying you get your "news" from twitter or facebook (or google). I mean, I do get news articles from there, but does that mean I get my "news" from twitter? If I see a tweet from a journalist or an aritcle from a publication, I'll click the link and read the article from WP or NYT or Atlantic or wherever. Sometimes I go to those outlets in general and poke around on articles there (I subscribe to all), but more often I read an article I saw that someone else posted.

I wonder what people mean when they say this. And I really wonder about saying you get your news from Google. Do they have alerts set for certain topics? None of these sources are news sources per se. Unless people think that a tweet from some nobody goober is "news."
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I think some people really do. I had a FB friend who posted that Morgan Freeman had died. She had to correct it, and said she had seen in on FB. She also watched faux noise. :shrug:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

It's all about finding trusted sources on Twitter. I have a set of reporters whom I mostly trust, although if the news is especially :o , I'll check out other sources before I post about it here. But the good reporters on Twitter are skeptical and have usually double checked their news sources before they post on Twitter.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:lol: This whole monologue of Kimmel is really funny. Stick around til the end for the Lara Trump surprise if you haven't seen it yet.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

MTN Michael Popok discusses the Sandoval motion by the prosecutor

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

There's no mention of Fogbow in that list.

That's an unfairly rigged, illegal jury. I'll bet there's a fringe on the flag too.

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:37 pm
If they tell you I fell off the bed and hung myself, I didn't.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

https://terikanefield.com/trumps-first- ... -the-case/

Analysis by Teri Kanefield. Excellent but loooong.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I get my news from the Fogbow.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Rolodex wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:03 pm I'm always a bit confused about saying you get your "news" from twitter or facebook (or google). I mean, I do get news articles from there, but does that mean I get my "news" from twitter? If I see a tweet from a journalist or an aritcle from a publication, I'll click the link and read the article from WP or NYT or Atlantic or wherever. Sometimes I go to those outlets in general and poke around on articles there (I subscribe to all), but more often I read an article I saw that someone else posted.

I wonder what people mean when they say this. And I really wonder about saying you get your news from Google. Do they have alerts set for certain topics? None of these sources are news sources per se. Unless people think that a tweet from some nobody goober is "news."
Same here, I'm not sure what people mean when they say that. I get news from a number of traditional news sources, PBS, ABC, CNN, NBC, Reuters, a few others. I don't even see many of those sources on Twitter any more, I think I used to see tweets from lots of news sources before Musk took over, but their tweets were basically headlines and brief description and then a link to the actual story on their website or YouTube channel.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Perhaps you folk overestimate how important news is to many people? As children we don't follow events outside our family and closer friends and life goes on. That didn't need to change when one grows older, goes to college, gets a job: as long as the job brings in some money and the stores have clothes and food why worry? Just carry on watching the shorts in tv and some superhero movies.

If one takes an interest, it's soooo depressing. Incomprehensible too, with the blather about interest rates, filibusters, trade treaties, and then more of the same the next day. And you can't do anything about it, so why bother keeping up? Turn over to the baseball!

Of course I think people should keep themselves informed and have views on events and people in the world! But the low (relative to other countries) turnouts for presidential and federal elections show how many people haven't formed a strong enough opinion to consider it worthwhile voting.

News is important, especially accurate analytic news – but not to everybody!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Ryan Goodman has an excellent Twitter thread on the upcoming David Pecker testimony. I'd seen muc of this before, but not all of it. This was new to me:
Pecker Thank You for Help.jpg
Pecker Thank You for Help.jpg (133.83 KiB) Viewed 213 times
This puts the Election Interference part of the indictment right where it needs to be, IMO.

https://x.com/rgoodlaw/status/1782070223190815115
Attachments
Ryan Goodman thread.jpg
Ryan Goodman thread.jpg (148.75 KiB) Viewed 213 times
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Can't wait for Monday :popcorn:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
I have been watching all of Popok’s posts on MTN. He is licensed to practice in New York and expresses confidence about the DA’s felony election interference case. He also thinks Merchan has a handle on where to jail Turnip for violating the gag order. He suggested a nearby military base which could accomodate Secret Service. He didn’t explain the procedures of a state judge jailing a defendant in a federal military base yet. Of course, it could be a state guard base.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”