Addison Mitchell "Moscow Mitch" McConnell Jr. "Excessive Expectations" "Bleed Out" "Cocaine Mitch" #RichMitch

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Addison Mitchell "Moscow Mitch" McConnell Jr. "Excessive Expectations" "Bleed Out" "Cocaine Mitch" #RichMitch

Post by keith »

Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:50 pm
New Turtle wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:06 pm If they still follow their internal pecking order, John Cornyn would be the next GOP leader in the Senate.
But how many ballots would it take him to get there?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

keith wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:32 pm
Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:50 pm
New Turtle wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:06 pm If they still follow their internal pecking order, John Cornyn would be the next GOP leader in the Senate.
But how many ballots would it take him to get there?
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

BREAKING NEWS: Sen. Mitch McConnell appearing to have another scary episode in the media gaggle in Covington today. Aides had to step in to help him out and repeat questions. He was eventually lead away. We'll have the full video on @WLWT
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The answer is: NO! re running for reelection.

Looks to me like he will step down real soon now.
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

My Mister said it looked like some kind of seizure and I agree. My sister had horrible seizures and come to think of it she did freeze up from time to time.
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Post by Grumpy Git »

I loathe the guy's politics but it's sad to see him like this. He needs to retire immediately and get looked after.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

MsDaisy 2 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:27 pm My Mister said it looked like some kind of seizure and I agree. My sister had horrible seizures and come to think of it she did freeze up from time to time.
Yep. One time is probably a TIA but if this is a regular thing, it's seizures.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

I’m no expert, but it does appear to be like, (as my mom described), a petit mal seizure, as opposed to a grand mal, which is what most people associate with epilepsy.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Perhaps a totally unexpected sporadic (re?)awakening of McConnell’s conscience is so disconcerting that he is unable to speak?
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Grumpy Git wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:48 pm I loathe the guy's politics but it's sad to see him like this.
Yeah, I agree.

I'd like to think the difference between them and us is we share a little genuine sympathy, empathy. And we'll admit our mistakes when we make them. It's not the quickest path to get rich or achieve power, but I gotta respect my parenting.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

He was eventually lead away.
The past tense is "led". He was eventually led away.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:16 am
He was eventually lead away.
The past tense is "led". He was eventually led away.
I guess he is now a lead weight on the Republicans.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... rcna102826
WASHINGTON — One day after Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell appeared to freeze up at a public event, Brian Monahan, the attending physician for the U.S. Capitol, said that he told McConnell “he is medically clear” to continue to work.

Monahan said in a statement that he had “conferred” with McConnell’s neurology team and determined that McConnell is “medically cleared to continue with his schedule as planned.”

“Occasional lightheadedness is not uncommon in concussion recovery and can also be expected as a result of dehydration,” the doctor said.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Saying he has a "neurology team" says all that needs to be said
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Heartland Signal @HeartlandSignal wrote: “That didn't bother him when he appointed Elaine Chao Secretary of Transportation.”

-- Sen. Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), referring to his wife, responds to former President Trump claiming that immigrants are "poisoning the blood of [our] country."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The courage of his convictions!
Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP wrote: Q: “You had argued, after voting to acquit the former president that presidents are not immune from prosecution is that still your view?”

McConnell: “I choose not to get involved...and comment about any of the people running for the Republican nomination.”
Mfg Guy @guy_mfg wrote: @LeaderMcConnell Too late. You ARE involved, and you said, on the Senate floor, on the record, that Trump can be prosecuted after he leaves office even though he wasn't convicted by the Senate.

It's on tape.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Stepping down as Leader. More to come.

https://apnews.com/article/mitch-mcconn ... a204d7e366

Edited to add:
McConnell gave no specific reason for the timing of his decision, which he has been contemplating for months, but he cited the recent death of his wife’s youngest sister as a moment that prompted introspection. “The end of my contributions are closer than I’d prefer,” McConnell said.

But his remarks were also light at times as he talked about the arc of his Senate career.

He noted that when he arrived in the Senate, “I was just happy if anybody remembered my name.” During his campaign in 1984, when Reagan was visiting Kentucky, the president called him “Mitch O’Donnell.”

McConnell endorsed Reagan’s view of America’s role in the world and the senator has persisted in face of opposition, including from Trump, that Congress should include a foreign assistance package that includes $60 billion for Ukraine.

“I am unconflicted about the good within our country and the irreplaceable role we play as the leader of the free world,” McConnell said.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Yes, his sister--in-law drowned (or something). Her car went into a pond in central Texas and EMTs worked for hours to get her out.

Wonder who'll they get to replace Mitch. His glitching seemed to be happening more often.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Whoever it is, it''s likely to be worse.

I'm having a hard time imagining who could be worse. He has done so much damage to this country.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I lived in Louisville, KY in the early 1980s when this rising star in the Republican party named Mitch McConnell was the Judge-executive for Jefferson County (the top executive of the county in Kentucky). He ran for the Senate from Kentucky and won in 1984. He was always the recipient of money from the tobacco and whiskey industries who both big players in Kentucky. It's too bad he hung around as long as he did. He was someone who could get things done and they were mostly bad for the country.
bob

Post by bob »

Rolodex wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:32 pmWonder who'll they get to replace Mitch.
"For completeness," the most senior Republican senators:

1. Grassley (IA)
2. McConnell (KY)
3. Collins (ME)
4. Crapo (ID)
5. Cornyn (TX)
6. Murkowski (AK)
7. Graham (SC)
8. Thune (SD)

... Thune also is the party whip; my guess is on him. (Thune doesn't stand for re-election until 2028.)
Image ImageImage
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Exclusive footage of Mitch stepping down!

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

As much as I despise that SoB, I fear his replacement will be worse.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:43 pm As much as I despise that SoB, I fear his replacement will be worse.
I have no fear. The replacement WILL be worse
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”