How many here have not contracted COVID 19?

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Even though I have been exposed at least once (via my spouse), I have not ever tested positive. My spouse has gone to work in person every day since the start of COVID 19, with the exception of him being in quarantine when he contracted the virus. Many of his co-workers have contracted the virus, but he has managed to avoid getting infected since then. He's also been to Oklahoma for training twice since the start of COVID, and still not gotten it a second time.

Admittedly, I don't come in contact with a lot of people, but when I do pop into shops I am surrounded by maskless people, so I am starting to wonder if I am in fact actually immune? I am up to date with vaccinations and boosters, and wear a mask when I go out in public.

Anyone else?
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

I've been lucky as well. But then again, I rarely leave the house.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

So far we haven't. Fully vaccinated and boosted.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Pretty sure I had COVID starting Feb 2021. Hospital and Docs said not COVID, but a viral respiratory infection.

Lasted more than two months keeping me out of commission. One of my relatives refers to my illness as the "Not-COVID COVID"

I have long haul symptoms. Kicked my butt.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:callonme:

Vaccinated. Hubby got it but I haven’t. I am home more than he and when I am out I am outside.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Us too, we're vaccinated and 3 times boosted and neither of us have had it... Thankfully... (Enter "knock on wood" smiley here...)
Wintermute
Verified:

Post by Wintermute »

:bag: Fully vaccinated and boosted and have not caught Covid. Crossing fingers.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I got it once, mr once, sprout no, sprout’s gf once. I think Sprout might be immune.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

hubby nor I have gotten it yet. We both got vaxed early and have all that is available so far.

My nephew almost died from it Oct 2020 he went to the hospital 4 days after burying my sister his mom. all my siblings had it 4 of my nephews too.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Not that I know of.
Hic sunt dracones
realist

Post by realist »

Been lucky, I suppose. I was vadccinated. Once. J&J No boosters.

I have not contracted it that I know of, never was tested positive, but many of my friends and relatives have, some have yet to recover fully, and it's been a long time.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Never had it. Vax, boosters, mask and being solitary.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I've never had it, as far as I know. I could have had it and been asymptomatic, of course. But I have tried like hell to be careful.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:40 pm I've never had it, as far as I know. I could have had it and been asymptomatic, of course. But I have tried like hell to be careful.
Same over here for wife and self. Plenty boosted. Got a couple of nasty colds, but tested negatory.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

So far, so good. I am vaccinated and boosted and avoid going to places where lots of people congregate. I still wear a mask when I go to doctor's offices, and put one on my mother as well. She goes to a lot of doctor offices.

My sister came over Saturday and was sick. Apparently she has the flu, she is required to have three negative Covid tests in order to go back to work, and she went back today. Thank goodness, that is the last thing my mother needs right now.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Never had it as far as I know but I was so sick during chemo I might have had it 10 times and not known. I did spend 2 nights on the hospital lobby floor to avoid the ER though, so I was pretty careful to stay away from the sick people.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:40 pm I've never had it, as far as I know. I could have had it and been asymptomatic, of course. But I have tried like hell to be careful.
Ditto. Never been tested either. Feel great!
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

:callonme: :callonme:

Dr. Vicklund and I have managed to dodge the bullet so far despite several close calls, including several exposures prior to the person being contagious. Also credit being extremely careful due to Dr. Vicklund being on multiple immunosuppressants.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

We have had all of our COVID vaccinations and don't have to go out too often. I got pneumonia last month but it was not COVID and have never tested positive.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Never had it; don't want it. Immunocompromised.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

Me neither in Costa Rica, vaccinated and boosted.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Wife and I (fully boosted) have never had it that we know of. Our son in Kirkland, WA, the original epicenter has never had it. But our daughter (32 years old) went to Germany to visit friends a few months ago, and came back with COVID. She went to night clubs and things, and thinks she probably picked it up her last day there. She was pretty sick for a couple of days, like a bad flu, but was pretty much over it in a couple of weeks. She seems to have no after effects. She was also fully boosted, and is a molecular biologist, always reading her parents the riot act about wearing masks and such from the very onset.

ETA: Our daughter also had the loss of taste and smell for about three weeks, I think it was.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I was good for almost three years, but caught it at a musical event-after not catching it from someone who was very sick an in a car with me for an hour. (Yeah, stupid.) I'm also on immunosuppressants, which I had to stop taking while infection was active. Bad head cold feeling, lost sense of taste and smell for a month, mostly back now, and was a little more tired after it was over than usual. Aside from the test, the only clue it was COVID was the taste/smell loss. No fever, no achy joints. Oh, yeah, all the shots and boosters (Pfizer). And Paxlovid.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

There are quite a few of us who have not come down with it, more than I would have thought.

My spouse has been very careful about avoiding people after his bout with it. I am not immunocompromised, but due to the sciatica, it just about kills me if I cough or sneeze (surgery cannot happen soon enough!).

Those of you who report loss of smell or taste, that is what my spouse had as well. Took about three weeks for him to recover those senses. No long COVID symptoms, either.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”